Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Defenders of Terra Edition!

Last Thread >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed)
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

>HH rulebook
>epub
mediafire.com/file/mmr4e1yy7fnyxgy/HH_Rule_Book.epub
>pdf
www34.zippyshare.com/v/3a2haZF4/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2018/02/03/news-horus-heresy-necromunda-weekendergw-homepage-post-1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

HH Weekender info

warhammer-community.com/2018/02/03/news-horus-heresy-necromunda-weekendergw-homepage-post-1/

This thread is claimed for all three loyalist legions, the 15 traitors can fuck off.

Cut out the plate thing and the head sits much more nicely now.

Was hoping to see more from you. Good work!

Hope the new Lerneans have a Conversion beamer arm included in the kit. It's going to be a bitch to convert otherwise.

That's the one, thanks.

Any chance of IF Huscarls getting models?

Given how some legions have 3 special units, it would be good if they standardised this for all of them. What 3rd unit would you add to your legion?

yeah, some sort of melee bikes would be alright. There's also the void bikes described in scars which could be interesting.

I'm holding out hope for the Keshig, even if they'll probably be more like varangyr than sehkmet if you know what I mean

the thing is that while BA LA rules are just generally good melee rules, white scar LA rules help bikes so much more than other units that it's really easy to look at the rules and wonder how to run anything that's not bike-core, we need some strong non-bike units to help give the legion variety

Looks like Horus indeed kills Russ' wolves.

Luperci, both in power and terminator armour.
Obliterators for late-Heresy IW.

The pelt suddenly makes sense...

Wolfsbane spoilers when? Book release in may. I can't fucking waith so long.

Baller

Luperci should be power armour only imo.

Is that the same cut down head, or a regular GK helmet?

Looks good, might have to steal that.

How big is the new Valdor mini ? Is it Custodian-size or on par with the Primarchs ?

Cheers, for some reason it's an absolute chore putting these guys together. Usually assembling is my favourite part but this is just so boring.

Look at what he's holding in the Talon.

Except the Vengeful Spirit boarding action, one story arc is concerned with Russ' finding and how the realisation he isn't the only one affected him.

SoH are the terminator legion, they should have the option.

Raven Guard raptors, Sons Lupercii, and WE boarders with Delvarus

He should be custode size, but will look bigger cause of all that shit on him.

It's a different helmet but of the same type. They are grey knight terminator helmets, the ones where the curve on the mouth area is inwards

But Horus has always had a pelt. I thought Magnus killed Freki and Geki

Whats in the talon?

I mean did you use the cut down GK helmet you showed before, or is the helmet on that model more or less intact? Just so I know what I'd be getting into, if I aim for similar idea.

Ah okay, yeah it's similarly cut down. With the plate removed I've had to put a blob of green stuff in there but it helps positioning loads.

>SoH are the terminator legion
>DG have all their special units in terminator armour and can have an army of nothing but terminators in every slot except Fast Attack

He's holding lightning?

He is actually a head taller than a Custodes and one shorter than most Primarchs, looking decently sleek for his size without all the shit on his pauldrons.

>With his ornate helmet, finely decorated armour and what looks like a seriously action-oriented pose, it is very clear that he is Alpharius…
Yeah real subtle there.

He's holding a wolf's spirit.
Is there some source on what did he get the pelt from?

>you came to the wrong place, traitor

The FW shield captain looks like a tiny dude.

>you
>her ex
>the guy she's telling you not to worry about

Why are Dorn's legs so disproportionately long next to his body?

It only looks weird because of the standard of "heroic" scale among the rest of the line. Dorn at least seems to me to be the most "truescale" model GW/FW have ever made.

Anyone else really happy to see so much HH stuff this weekend? It's felt like for a long time forgeworld had moved onto to other things...

Except if you make the proportions too close to normal human, you don't look bulky enough to be wearing power armour anymore. Dorn basically looks like he's wearing golden trousers there.

So are we all Alpharius, fellas?

Yep.
Whereas if you look at Dorn on the cover of the BL book, he actually looks too heavily loaded down with shoulderpads.

>Am I Alpharius

Yes, I like how he's shaping up.
He looks like he has a small build, his armour is ornate, and he looks spooky while still being troubled and having a kind of "knightly" outlook.

Heres another shot

I prefer him to not have the terminator hood like seen in
The scaled armor looks great on both too

Would look nice next to all the SA Russes and Russ hulled artillery tanks.

>waking up at 5am to see the Titan seminar
I have waited about 2 years for this moment.

Yeah, this was great. Can't wait for the rest of this year now.

>Please, Mr Alpharius is my dad. Call me Alph.

Terminator hood?
Isn't the one in a terminator suit a Lernean, not Alpharius/Omegon themselves?

Heres new alpha legion doors pt1

Pt 2

>call me alf

Until you take off the helmet he is both Alpharius and not Alpharius

Beneath the mask is another mask.

Alpharius, why does he wear a mask?

It doesn't matter who he is.

Not every devious plan requires total obfuscation. Sometimes your enemy is most vulnerable when they think they know something for certain. Thus, Alpharius may take to the field in full panoply to draw attention from other schemes, draw enemy reinforcements into vulnerable positions, or to simply trick the enemy into thinking the XXth have grown desperate, or made a mistake...
Not seeing it. Are you looking at the statue behind him?

I'm hoping with all the attention AL are getting lately that Headhunters might get errata'd into something at least slightly useful

They've gotten two new lore novels, a primarch, new doors and gurad terminators. If they keep this up my wallet will die

They can also put a regular marine into a copy of the suit and get the enemy to think Alpharius is out in the open.

I want to convert pic related into an IF praetor. Where can I find a good Heresy era backpack?

So what's the difference between a legion land speeder and a legion javelin speeder?

Also, would resin shoulder pads fit on a finecast model?

>IMPERATOR REX

>EMPEROR IS KING

holy shit

Javelin is upgunned and thicker armour.
The Attack Bike to the regular Outriders.

This is the Emperor's champion sprue user.

Thanks user. Damn that's some nice edit, he actually looks great this way. Even the stupid eldarish face seems better.

>Buying finecast
Just pop over to Ebay and pick up a metal version.

Anvillus is best backpack.

Well shit. Guess I'm going to have to do some cutting. Thanks for the heads up.

He's going to have a much harder time converting a metal version.

>MkVII
>HH

user, I...

This pic gives me finecast PTSD

>what is reading comprehension

lmao siege of terra dude can i use primaris XD

just field Cawl dude and you're fine :))

Nearly finished this Iron Warrior
Does it look ok or should i try to change anything?

Will hh weekend continue on sunday?

Yes

I hope first semonar is about Titanicus, not about some Black Library crap

Ok, user, how do you plan on "converting" the suit? Shouldn't that be where you start, before you put a backpack on it?

>Sigismund painted his armour black during the Siege
>IF got MKVII just before the Siege
Hmmmm.....

The rest of your army better reflect the Siege in some way.

We’re going to explore Abby’s traumatizing realization that his dad died as told by ADB

>meh, he was abusive anyway

That would be a rad army theme. Smashed masonry and custard corpses all over the bases, heavily scarred IV and VII suits, BA/WS allies. I'm digging it!

Wait, there are Imperial Fist players who don't do Siege of Terra?

>the last sight of so many primarchs was a fucking tuning fork

Better come with some fortifications, modeled as the ruins of Terra. Use the FW Fortress rules to basically bring the Imperial Palace wall onto the table.

Why the fuck is Lorgar in red armour so common? It looks hideous.

Red = devil

>listen to them, the children of of my dark mechanicum, what music they make!

I'm not doing anything to the armour because it doesn't look like any specific type of armour. If it looked even remotely like mkVII, then I would do something to it. It's artificer armour. It can look however I want it too look.

I feel like putting too much emphasis on the walls of the Imperial palace as the literal 'siege' element of the battle is a missed opportunity to explore the other aspects of the conflict. What about the skirmishes with the EC as they try to harvest the civilian population? The struggle for control over orbital stations?

Yeah, you should be fine with that. Some tismo's might bitch about the kneepads, but thats the only recognisably VII part of the suit. Besides, as other anons have said, fists got suits of VII toward the end of the heresy

True.
I'm also very interested in the skirmishes in the mid-level hives that are as bad or worse than the underhives of your average hive world, not to mention the underhives that didn't even find out about the heresy until 32000 or so.
But overall the actual battle for the palace is where most of the superweapons and supersoldiers fought, and it was the size of either "a continent" or the size of Nepal, it's difficult to tell what's hyperbole or whether they were saying Eurasia as a whole was the palace as a whole. I personally think the palace is most of northern India and Nepal, with the true palace on Mount Everest.

>doesn't look like any specific type of armour

I'm guessing it's based on the Ruststalker blades which are basically molecular tuning forks.

But the Vodian scepter was the OG DAoT version that also removes any other resiliences and also your will to live.

I did think that it would look more esoteric than that though. Like a ball of energy on a staff that crackles with barely controlled energy.

I hope there is bare head option