Yugioh>MtG

Yugioh>MtG

Good job man, you'll definitely show those "SJWs" by spending your time promoting one trading card game over another.

lmao
magic fags so butthurt they have to resort to offtopic /pol/ vs tumblr bogeymen to try and derail the thread.
Sorry Garfield. your game sucks.

that's a pretty good meme

I don't know what everyone's beef is with MTG, but I do know that Yugioh is owned by Konami

>giving money to the company that fucked over Hideo Kojima and killed Metal Gear
Fuck right off.

Not really. YGO is going through an absolutely impossible-to-recover-from nosedive in popularity due to the fact that it has no real identity, beyond attracting weeb children who don't know better.

>Kojima isn't the fuck up who mishandled a budget

Am I allowed to like playing both just because I play them with different groups of friends

That makes you a sensible and perfectly normal human being, rather than a moron who bases all of his actions on tribalism.

>Kojitards still think their messiah didn't himself fuck over MGS with dumb decisions

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?

Holy shit you can do that!?

>not using phyrexian mana
>not using alternative costs
No wonder the dude has trouble.

I'm not sure this is quite true anymore. With the popularity of Duel Links, YGO has taken a large part of the people who used to play when they were younger back, with a legitimately good app (something that MTG can't do just on the basis of how the game is designed).

>not Pokemon TCG
scrub plebs itt

Pokemon was made to be training wheels for Magic.

not really, each deck has a unique personality and style, the fact that there are no cards with the same effects says something, I can go from playing with machines based on the jewish Kabbalah (Qliphort) to play with toys (Wind Ups) or even living desserts (Madolche) on a whim, and I like the diverse artstyles over "generic fantasy fanart no. 112358" printed on every card

I actually play YGO and not Magic, but everything after Xyz summoning (and arguable Xyz itself) was cancer. Take me back to the days of Fusion summons being viable Shaddol doesn't count

Invoked is viable and so is ABC.

Lunalights are alright

No you don't you idort.

GX era Fusions weren't viable outside of Gladiator Beasts, HEROs rarely used them and CiDra only used them for the overkill, and why do Shaddolls don't count when they're arguably the best Fusion deck of all time?

Xyz is the best designed extra deck mechanic, save maybe Links but Links are so many things that the design isnt as elegant, which is saying a lot as even xyz have extraneous rules and shit. Also all summoning archetypes occasionally are viable. Metalfoes were pretty good not that ago and are still playable. Rituals are the only ones that only rarely are playable

Veeky Forums has been getting better about having actual non-retarded discussion about yugioh, but im leaving this here just in case.

>Fusion summons being viable
It's never really been viable outside 2 or 3 decks pre-xys

Ironically, its probably been more viable the last couple years than ever before Xyz and shit.

My point is viability of a core mechanic before Xyz was ever added, that's the era I wish to be in. There was room to grow the core mechanics of ritual and fusion, but they got it in their heads that every new version of the show needed a new summoning mechanic and it has become ridiculous.

Arc-V allowed all summoning mechanics to exists at the same time. VRAINS slowed down the support for older archetypes, but it's still there in non-core sets.

>giving money to the company that fucked over Hideo Kojima and killed Metal Gear
Well, if you use those arguments then I really don't have any choice. Just wait a minute while I go buy $1000 in YGO cards.

You mean they got it in their heads they should be introducing new mechanics at least every couple years? What are they tginking?
They still create fusions you idiot and they do new things with it. Invoked focused on using a specific material monster for all of its fusions that recycles itself for easy access, Metalfoes have unique fusion materials we'd never seen before.

If anything I feel like theres more older theme support than ever before, though the train did start with Arc-V.

and now the magic bike has a no wheels at all

how are you gonna get around, son?

No they didn't invent new mechanics, they invented completely new summons specifically to keep the show interesting. Thats different. You can have new mechanics in the form of monster effects without reinventing the game.

>but it's still there in non-core sets.
Congratulations, you proved you haven't actually been keeping up with YGO.

They are literally called mechanics. The person I quoted even called them mechanics. What exactly is the definition of a fucking mechanic that doesnt include them? And what do you think they do in all the years between each mechanic if not making new effects?

we're talking summoning mechanics, not archetypes. But even then, I'd still be wrong, because I forgot FLOD had pendulum shit.

Rituals had Nekroz which had an absurd consistency, it's just how much effort Konami puts in an archetype, and I would say the most elegant mechanic is Synchro, followed by Pendulum since both require 2 different monsters to be performed