Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2033: Perverted Abuse of Power Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/chrishurncomposer/hang-em-hyrule
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How do we become/create our own House of Leaves?

Between a gun and a bow, which is better? Can't seem to decide on what I want my Jumper to use as their main weapon.

A gun.

Really late here but

This just reminds me that I took dance magic in labyrinth and them went to konosuba as a mage. I wonder how powerful my explosions would be with dance magic... I dont even use explosion, I use a terraflare expy but still.

>House of Leaves
Great book.

Without bullshittery a gun, with bullshittery its anyones guess.

Bowgun.

A gun that shoots bows that fire arrows.

I'd vote bows, just because nothing is better than seeing people's faces when you pull it out in a modern military setting.

Short-term, a gun. Long-term, probably a bow. Less moving parts, easier to upgrade, easier to scale with your strength, etc.

You joke - but Monster Hunter.

City of Angles is actually great for that. Take the scenario, get an entire city of nonsensical geometry and architecture.

Gun, especially if it's an automatic.

It's bows. Kiss of Death or whatever it's called from Aion is busted as fuck. Alternatively, just use ballistic tipped arrows, or get a bow that can fire and or be charged to fire mana arrows to various strengths. Mage-Archers are busted as fuck.

The book itself is as much of a mind screw as the House.

Threadly reminder

Jumpers, what recent jumps/updates have you enjoyed?
What upcoming jumps/updates are you looking forward too?

That's what makes it so great.

>what recent jumps/updates have you enjoyed?
Mass Effect

For jumpers who took "A Grand Day Out" in Fate/GO, how did you deal with the Beasts?

Because when you strip away gameplay, we have a rather terrifying group. I was looking them up to know what I'd need and I end up with a time-traveling controller of all magic, a mother of monsters that can mutate others into monsters under her control and seems to be unable to die without imposing the concept of death on her, a stellar-level pseudosuccubus that steals souls and is devastating against anyone with sapience, a wolf that is a greater threat to humanity than Crimson Moon and has the Characteristic of "ever exceeding the strength of an opponent"...
Late-chain jumpers are ridiculous, but still it's going to be tough.

Did Val ever say how much energy and what materials are required for the Heaven’s Feel ritual?

Desolate Era is massively fucking lethal and possibly the biggest CP hog on the entire Jumpchain, Valeria's chronic inability to balance number and cost of Perks vs CP available and cost vs inconvenience of Drawbacks included. You just can't get everything you want or need there as a first jump; you'd be much better off coming to it once you're already established.

I'm legitimately surprised nobody shitposted that one kid in there.

About as much as a small pony.

What's that smell?

IT'S CROSSPOOOOOOOOOST.

>Crossposter detected
That said, it amuses me that people in here complain that Val's stuff is too good, and people on SB complain that Val's jumps are too hard. The duality of man, or something.

Val didn't even make DE. It was made over at SB.

In the sword art online jump, do i have my out of jump powers locked away, only available in virtual reality, only in real life or both? I mean, my mind is in VR, but my body is still in real life, so how do my powers work now?

Would i survive having my brain fried by microwaves in real life if i die in game, since i have a strong healing factor? Or do i just regenerate in game? Or neither or both...?

Wow, I thought maybe you switched some things around but that one guy actually posted that exact thing.

That's the point of point costs, you big baby. You can't have your cake and eat it.

They do both, actually. And I've never understood the "there are too many good options, why aren't they cheaper/why can't we buy more mindset". Your CP isn't supposed to allow you to buy everything you want, it's supposed to make you competitive. It's like complaining there are too many options in an RPG character creator, it's just asinine.

Read the jump.
Read the jump.
Yes. No. Both.

Doesn't a bow take a while to notch another arrow, compared to a gun where you just gotta throw in another magazine?

Yeah, I would think having multiple viable paths is to the jump's advantage. Ah well.

>possibly the biggest CP hog
I disagree with this notion. Had plenty of CP leftover at the end and there were plenty of things I neither needed nor wanted.

Perfect. Thanks

Yeah, but once you get some magic, you can just have the arrows appear notched in the bow as you pull it back.

That's why you get a bow that fires relative to your speed and strength/magical ability. Something like a bow from the anime Overlord where it's all game mechanics.

I'm still having difficulty getting over the fact that some idiot on SB attributed one of their own jumps to Val. Do these people lack any self awareness?

Yes, and you have to wait for the next round to chamber. A bow can be reloaded as fast as you can reload it, it's not reliant on some outside mechanism.

But consider the following:
The jump was bad (from his perspective).
All bad things can be attributed to Val.
Therefore, the jump was hers, regardless of whether she was involved in writing it.

>Do these people lack any self awareness?
There are people on there that pay SJ-Chan to writefag and make jumps. So, with that information in mind, what do you think the answer to your question is?

That's why you get the bow enchantments that multiply your shots.

In the end, it probably depends on which is stronger: your strength to fire the arrows, or your tech base to get something else (gunpowder, electromagnetism, exotic clarketech...) to fire it for you.

I wonder how powerful my explosions would be with dance magic
Discworld boosts your magic with how much will power and self worth you have.
But you would be a great mage. Go to Austinuts Star Wars and get Lord of the Dance perk.

Any companions you sort of regret taking?

What's worse is that several people gave him likes...it goes deeper.

Please see current companions. What would be a few good jump to take them to and fill out my team of eight?

How are these looking for capstone perks?

Play the Fool (600CP, discount Fool)
Whenever you are immersed in your clownish persona, people who aren’t intimately familiar with you find themselves unable to see you as anything else. You might be plotting a king’s death, but he’ll be unable to accept that his lovable jester would do such a thing, even in the face of damning evidence. The devices may indicate that your power levels are off the chart, but the aliens would rather deem their flawless machinery to be faulty that acknowledge there may be more to you than meets the eye.

I defy you, stars! (600CP, discount Lover)
Whilst Romeo’s attempts to break free from the bonds of fate may have gone poorly for him, you’ve learned how to succeed where he failed. Whenever you are in a world where fate is supposed to control your actions, you are not only able to break free from this programming and act of your own volition at any time, but are also capable of gazing into this predetermined future, and see exactly where the course chosen for you will lead. If the whims of fate seem to lead to a happy ending, you may even wish to sit back and simply allow fortune to direct your sail.

I still need 600CP perks for the Hero, Villain and Playwright roles, so feel free to give suggestions. The villain one will probably involve invoking jealousy to tear apart relationships and the like.

>the elastic potential energy of the drawn bow takes no time to be converted into kinetic energy
If your magic bows can circumvent that, then my magic guns can circumvent loading time, trigger pull back time, etc.
With jumpchain powers its all the same

Tharja from Fire Emblem. She doesn't mesh well with a harem, believe it or not.

What would a Lower Case god (from Dies Irae) of Chaos be able to do?

Crossbow

That's what creative mode is for :^)

Can we get a zero CP drawback that does pic related?

In which case, bows win purely through aesthetics.

>Mass Effect

There's an update on the way?

What's being added?

This some kind of shakespeare jump?

Wouldn’t super complicated schemes and plots be better as the Villain capstone? Inspiring jealousy and ruining relationships falls under that, after all.

>the yandere who hexes people who earn her ire doesn’t mesh well with a harem
I don’t believe you, that doesn’t make sense at all!

DDAnon made an unauthorized remake, it still isn't very good but some people prefer it's problems to the original's.

It's never getting on the drive though.

Question for Valeria. Is it possible to summon a Priscilla without her Achillies hate or her beauty issues?

My own, but that's mainly the narcissism talking.

It's stretching the definition a bit, but I suppose swapping characters could just about fall under alternate interpretations.
Yup. Generic Shakespeare, with all his plays occurring over the course of a decade.
So some kind of perk allowing you to be an expert of convoluted plans to ruin people's lives? I might have that as the capstone, and something involving jealousy specifically as a lower cost one.

I fixed a single typo more than the last time I posted this.
>What's being added?
Everything that Quicksilver didn't do right the first time.
>it still isn't very good
I love it when you talk dirty to me.

>Overlord (The Games)
Minions, Mistresses, Overlord (Overlady)

>Overlord (The Series)
NPCs, Local Heroes

>Macross
Meltrandi

>Tenchi Muyo
400CP perks and all drawbacks give potential companions, Tree, Tree Ship

>40k
IG squad / platoon, origin based companions

>Adepta Sororitas
Sisters. . . Sisters everywhere. And saints, too!

Might be an uncomfortable question, but... Jumpmakers, what do you feel are your two best and worst jumps and why?

That sounds good, yeah. Maybe the Jealousy perk could work by making it easier for you to invoke feelings of jealousy/envy in people towards others.

...you mean Penthesilea right? Also pretty sure that's what the Lily template is for.

Oh. It's just you trying to masturbate again.

Report and ignore, nothing to see here.

Thought I'd share my build for everyone (mainly Digger's) enjoyment.

Jump 018: Hang 'em Hyrule
Breath of the Wild + Generic Western
soundcloud.com/chrishurncomposer/hang-em-hyrule
I really wish I could take credit for the name, because it's awesome, but I can't.

Drawbacks:
+ The Hero of the Wild, Knight to Princess Zelda, and Chosen of the Master Sword (+300)
+ The Breath of the Wild (+400)

Race: Hylian
(Both required by Drawbacks)

Roles: Paragon, Hunter, Researcher
Background: Sheriff

Perks:
+ I Believe In You (Free)
+ The Wild Hunt (Free)
+ Shoulder of Giants (Free)
+ Fire In His Eyes (Free)
+ Sparking Innovation (100, 1600)
+ It Is Written (200, 1400)
+ No Valley Too Low (100, 1300)
+ Into the Wild (600, 700)

Gear:
+ Sheikah Slate (Free)
+ Skinning Knife (Free)
+ Trustworthy Tracker (200, 500)
+ Snap (Free)
+ Token of Valor (Free)
+ The Sword That Seals The Darkness (400, 100)
+ Longarm (100, 0)

*Error* World Combination Affecting Purchases *Error*
The Longarm That Seals The Darkness
*Error* World Combination Affecting Purchases *Error*

A young man awakens. Groggy. All but naked. He slips from the stone where he had been lain and stumbles towards the light. Bits of dreams and hints of memories swirl inside his mind, but refuse to be grasped. A few names slip into his mind, but slide right back out again. He's worried about them. Anxious without knowing exactly why. The light promises answers, but as he reaches it he realizes that they aren't the ones he wished for.

Green grass flutters about his bare legs. A warm wind blows across them, making the land into a sea of moving greenery. Here and there a scraggly tree pokes itself out of the turf. Ruins lay before him, down a gently slopping path. They seem familiar. The only thing that does. So he takes a step in their direction. Then another. And before he even understands he is, his feet are flying down the path.

>Overlord (The Series)
Can you imagine these three in the Great Tomb of Nazarick? Especially Aqua?

Speaking of Bowgun in MonHun. How does it work? Is it just a gun that uses crossbow string instead of a firing pin? Is ammo just explosive crossbow quarrels?

Darkness would love it to bits.

Damnit, I want to go Researcher/Smith to make ALL the things. But I also want to go Paragon because it's cool.

On one hand, Researcher has a bunch of perks I really want... But Smith has the synergy between all its perks, so I kinda need all of them to get the most out of it. Guess I'll go Smith.

>Purah’s Notes
>The same kind of effect being used on even an old man by Hylian standards could easily fall into a grisly fate, so...
>fall into a grisly fate
>not "meet with a terrible fate".
For shame. Do you even reference?

>Bottles
>Mighty Bananas
How many of these do these purchases get you? Infinite supplies?

>Push It To the Limit
Does the base version also apply to stuff bought with CP here?

>Master Mode
...So, uh, if I don't interfere with him, Link can handle this, right? Or would he need help?

>The Breath of the Wild
Would I know if I've managed 100% completion, or...?

Yeah her

Megumin would love having free reign to Explosion any time she wished.

>Report and ignore
Enjoy your ban for false-flagging, kiddo. Your dislike of me means literally nothing in the grand scheme of things.

It's basically just crossbows, yes.

>pic
Praise Lord Helix
I always preferred bows for the 'coolness' factor. especially since there are loads of settings that let you upgrade the crap out of a bow.

>Worst
Crypt of the Necrodancer - For obvious reasons. I had no idea what I was doing. I learned a lot making it, but it's barely passable as a Jump.

Ring of Red - I really don't have a second /obvious/ choice, so I'm forced to go with a Jump I simply wish I had done a little better on. I think the mecha customization table would have been handled a little better and the perks balanced a little more.

>Best
Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen - I really love the flavor and overall customization I managed to create with this Jump. I still refer to it when I need to remind myself what good "tone" looks like.

Diaries of a Spaceport Janitor Gauntlet - Yeah, yeah, I know. It's a silly little Gauntlet without much power to offer or really all that interesting going on. But shut up. I absolutely adore this game and everything about Xabran's Rock and the Spaceport Marketplace.

I've only made five jumps total, so in order I guess:
>Universal Paperclips
Clean, simple, unique, and spawned memes for days. Definitely my favorite.
>El Goonish Shive
Lots of flexibility here. Could come up with a dozen reasonable builds, between the origins and the magic lines.
>City of Angles
Just released this one. Really interesting setting, but I found the origins hard to properly define. Might go up or down in my estimation with time.
>Old Kingdom
My first jump, and it shows. Some of the pricing is clunky, and a few of the perks are underwhelming. Still okay though.
>Shadows of the Limelight
This was a setting that just...didn't seem to translate all that well into Jumpchain format. The only explicit powers in-setting are the Domains, so I had to reach for a lot of the perks.

Genology Of The Holy War and Fire Emblem Elibe are my worst jumps.

My two best jumps I feel are Wadanohara and Fire Emblem Archanea. (Ironically Archanea is my least favorite Fire Emblem Setting and I hate Funamusea's work as a whole and only made Wadanohara to kill Sal and get some stuff from the setting.)

Well all this talk of bows has got me wondering, is there anywhere I can import a weapon so it has an alt form? Thinking of getting a melee weapon and then giving it a bow form.

RWBY!

RWBY

That's a bit hard to say, since I only have about 6 jumps.
>Best
Dog Days definitely. Certainly gotten the most attention and positive feedback out of all of them. Also my first imaged jump and I like to think I did a good job.
Second best? Maybe Mondaiji? It was a very awkward and confusing setting to write and explain. I like to think I managed that ok and like to think I managed to balance it reasonably well.
>Worst
Yamada probably. I was just never quite happy with the powers section. I was also struggling to think of so many perks for what is mostly a normal school setting that weren't completely generic.
Second Worst: This one I'm not sure about. I think I did about equally on my other jumps (and hopefully not in a bad way) so I don't think I can really choose for that one. I guess if I had to choose, it would probably be Tetsuwan Birdy, as that was my first jump and I think that does show slightly.

RWBY?

From what some of the trailers/cinematics show, the "bow" part of the bowgun seems to act like a firing pin.

When a bowgun shoots it ejects a shell, so I'm guessing that the bow actuates the firing pin and loading/ejecting mechanisms.

Problem Sleuth and Sburb.

IIRC, one of the Marvel Cinematic Universe 2 relic customizations let a weapon transform into other simple weapons whilst keeping its powers.

Didn't you do the Sailor Moon revamp?

Sidereals has a swordbow which is a bow that shoots swords but is also a sword that shoots arrows

There's plenty to choose from, and many of these give you a stipend to modify weapon you import further.

RWBY (get the weapon-smith perk or import it)
God of War
Bayonetta
MCU Vol.2 (imported as an artifact)
Akame Ga Kill
Soul Eater
7 Deadly Sins
Monster Hunter (go the Craftsman route)
Bleach (go quincy and import your weapon of choice)
Fate/whatever (import it as your Noble Phantasm and pay whatever the appropriate cost is)

I know there's a few more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Should I jump Ace Combat or MGLN first?

Expanding off of this question: Have you ever had to companion someone you didn't particularly want to in order to companion someone you wanted? e.g. companioning a sibling of the one you want.

So say jump-chan decided to drop in your house and offered you a deal since she needs something to distract her for 50 years: You get to go on a chain, but it consists of simply five jumps, and the last one can't be an end jump. You won't spark, and have to stay in the last world you take.

Would you take jump-chan's offer? If you would, what jumps would you take?

Heya OAA how goes WoW?

Starcraft Protoss jump when?