Weekend Warcraft Lore General

bland nelf edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

wow.gamepedia.com/Warlock_abilities
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do you think Thisalee Crow has cute feet?

Here it is, the newest disgusting SFM fodder model.

Quilboar SOON

>druid of the claw
>cute feet
Guess it depends on your definition

Muh dick

Isn't she a druid of the Talon?

Clearly user confuses the two

I love how muppety the WC3 talky-portraits were, espescially Orcs and Nightelves.

She's an elf girl, of course she does

The real question is Are they ticklish?

Not to say WoW was any better...

Why else do you think she's got all those feathers in her clothes?

are we allowed to like WoW lore here or should I go elsewhere?

Depends on what part of WoW lore you like.

You're only allowed to like the good lore. You're not allowed to dislike things just because you don't like them. You should dislike the bad stuff though.

You bet they are

I like where this thread is going.

Can Warlocks summon and bind things besides demons?

Is that OC?

What do you think this is?

Since voidwalkers were shown to be entirely separate from demons and shadow magic is completely unrelated to the fel, it's become evident that warlocks wield both the Fel and Shadow magic. Depending on your perception, you could even claim that they wield some minor Death magic, although they don't make use of necromancy for the purpose of creating minions.

Aside from demons, warlocks can probably only summon and bind Void entities. By that, I specifically mean voidwalkers, voidcallers, voidlords (not void lords, which are something different) and other 'elemental' void creatures. This does not include old gods, n'raqi, aqir and other terrestrial creations of the Void.

>Summoning an n'raqi

Why do I want this so badly.

>Depending on your perception, you could even claim that they wield some minor Death magic, although they don't make use of necromancy for the purpose of creating minions.

Pretty sure Gul'dan invented Death Knights

yeah but as long as you admit that a lot of it is kind of sloppy writing, especially recently

Gul'Dan's DKs were more like soul bound orcs puppeting bodies of dead knights

>bland trash edition

Because you're a brainlet?
>summoning a native of your own planet

Gul'dan is not the first necromancer however. As far back as the War of the Ancients, the nathrezim and eredar both raised undead. It has always been one of the tools that the Burning Legion has used.

Don't you have Withered to train in Suramar.

Well, now look at this: the liches of WCIII are the death knights of WCII.

I'd like to train some withered as sex slaves, if you catch my drift.

Not to mention that the Scourge was created by Kil'jaeden and controlled by Ner'zhul

Is that a quillboar?

I like most of it, it feels like it could be one of the most interesting fantasy worlds if they hired more competent writers or just had one comptetent writer that supervises the story and character development, because it's a fucking mess right now.
Even though Blizz can pull a hearthstring during some of the questlines, but it's mostly thanks to guys doing music
I actually like the writing in Legion, even though it retcons too much and Valsharah and Stormheim are kinda shitty and many artifacts felt shoehorned, it looks like story is going in good direction

>Talking shit about stuff you don't understand
The first generation Death Knights were Warlocks of the Shadow Council bound to the dead Knights of Stormwind through a profane ritual that had the remaining Necrolytes of the Horde sacrifice themselves to bind the souls to the dead bodies. The Necrolytes themselves being a twisted perversion of the shamanistic ancestor-worship ways of the Orcs using Shadow magic.
It's one of the most clear pieces of evidence that the Fel and the Shadow can and are used for necromancy by the Burning Legion and their minions, the former to take souls and the latter to corrupt them into undead.
There is no such thing as "Death" magic.

Although Ner'zhul took the necromancy he was given and ran away with it in a way that even Kil'jaeden didn't expect. I doubt anyone could ever refute that the Lich King is the most powerful wielder of Death magic to have ever existed in any corner of the Warcraft universe.

Of course, that's actually that impressive, considering that Fel, Shadow and Light magic have all been proven to be far more powerful and versatile than Death magic ever could be.

>the Lich King is the most powerful wielder of Death magic to have ever existed in any corner of the Warcraft universe
That's extremely strong words for having only been to three planets in the universe in a short timespan.

>There is no such thing as "Death" magic.
Until Chronicles is confirmed as non-canon, Necromancy is very distinct from both Shadow and Fel.

>I doubt anyone could ever refute that the Lich King is the most powerful wielder of Death magic to have ever existed in any corner of the Warcraft universe.
Can you believe how much of a fucking lorelet some people can be, holy shit.
>versatile than Death magic ever could be.
>Death
Bait detected.

I mean, Shadow Bolt IS the bread-and-butter warlock damage spell, not counting their afflictions.

It's Azeirmutt, a new allied race

Time for "Requiem for a Dream".

Affliction Locks seem to use more Shadow Magic than Fel

Chronicles is decanonised by game content.
No example of death existing separately from a different force exists in World of Warcraft.

From what I remember the armor and helm of the Lich King was a big part of why he could channel so much power. It was forged by Dreadlords or something, I wonder why they didn't make more.

Man what the fuck is this Planescape shit? Is this really how they're reconciling the fact there's like a half dozen different cosmologies in this setting?

>It was forged by Dreadlords or something, I wonder why they didn't make more.
They did, like half of the Artifacts from Legion are made by Nathrezim

No it's just an outdated drawing that people make DnD-based assumptions over.

Speaking of which, wasn't the Withered issue, like, 'solved' by the Arcan'dor?

The material is extremely hard to come by. It was made from a special kind of void ice that only exists on the very brink of the Twisting Nether where even the demons feel uncomfortable. They made the Frozen Throne from all they could gather. Such insane resources were only allocated to the project because of Sargerases raging boner for Azeroth

It was solved. The nightborne gratitude: join the horde and kill nelves in Ashenvale.

That sounds probable but what's the source?

The Ashenvale line didn't make it to live.

So the Horde now has two massive fonts of power + titan blood?

WCIII manual.

If you mean the Sunwell, the Nightwell, and the goblins stripmining azerite, then yes.

The really fucking stupid thing is placing "alignments" on that chart, when they had to know they weren't going to fucking stick to them even as far in as Shadows of Argus.
You look at that thing and you think "Well, Good is Holy, Law is Order, Chaos is Disorder and Evil is Shadow" but Warcraft entertains none of those false sensibilities.
These are "physical" forces. They don't have fucking opinions.

Who do I trust? A shitty fan drawing or a nice, graphically impressive, canon chart?

The Nightwell was closed dude, did you not do the Nighthold?

Them's the breaks.

The one made by someone who actually played the game, so not the """canon""" chart.

>The Ashenvale line didn't make it to live

It did make it to live, it was just never Thalyrssa's line. WoWhead fucked up.

Oh? Who said it?

>Muh headcanon.

Well MY headcanon aligns with the canon. So you're full of shit.

>Gathering lore from trash diagrams in supplements instead of discovering it through gameplay
Modern generation need to have access to the internet revoked.

When you make a new Allied Race, you get a first quest to go to the Command Board and choose a quest. There's another character of the same race right next to it, to represent all the new explorers of that race finding their place in Azeroth. If you're Highmountain, that NPC says that line and runs off.

You can find his dead corpse directly at the entrance to Ashenvale. Guess he wasn't very good at it.

Actually, this pushes me further into the theory this is all Highborne's keikaku.
>get yourself some fodder allies
>have massive power sources in reserve
>gas the trash
>???
>Elven Supremacy restored

Ingame stuff is retconned faster than the chronicles.

Blizzard had no conception of the void when WoW was released.

Alt*rec was a mistake

>Ingame stuff retcons the chronicles fast.
Exactly.

Preach it, comrade.

Ingame stuff retcons ITSELF fast.

Which is exactly why you people need to learn to keep the fuck up. Discovery is a journey, not a destination.

There is nothing to keep up on you autist. Blizzard hasn't confirmed your headcanon.

You know what else they haven't confirmed? That chart from the chronicles. Because up to 20% of it isn't in the game, and never will be.

>blood elf facing away to hide the fact that it's a blood elf
AHAHAHAHA
fucking blueballs

wow.gamepedia.com/Warlock_abilities

Looking at all of the different warlock abilities, I'd say the different specs primarily practice the following magics taken from :
>Affliction
Shadow and Decay, with one or two Fel abilities.
>Demonology
Primarily Fel, backed up with a healthy dose of Shadow.
>Destruction
Fel and Fire working in tandem, with just a tiny bit of Shadow to back it up.

One thing I'm not sure about is what domain soul manipulation falls under. The Scourge and the Mogu use souls a great deal in the necromancy that they practice, yet so do the Burning Legion. Usually, necromancy tends to bind them while fel magic tends to burn them up as a power source. It take it that the warlock's soul magic is more of the fel sort?

It is time, brother. Are you prepared to assault Light's Hope and steal the Silver Tendies?

We're ready for you! Let's have a go at it!

>One thing I'm not sure about is what domain soul manipulation falls under. The Scourge and the Mogu use souls a great deal in the necromancy that they practice, yet so do the Burning Legion. Usually, necromancy tends to bind them while fel magic tends to burn them up as a power source. It take it that the warlock's soul magic is more of the fel sort?
I'd wager it's part of spirit/life magic and the other magics can use it like a battery if needed.

Spirit can clearly be manipulated via any number of means given that EVERY power has some effect on living creatures. It can even be handled directly through shamanism.

I don't think it's a good idea bros... last time we tried this we were fried by the light... and the lich king knew we would be... and it's him sending us there again...

>gas the trash
>Elven Supremacy
>fodder allies
Hi Sylvanas!

Are light forged Draenei holy demons just like that one Dreadlord?

The thing about warlocks is that they'll pursue what they see as the greatest avenue of power. This basically means that any time some gray-bearded old wizard proclaims something forbidden magic, some warlock decides that this is an excellent field of study to devote his life to.

Shut the fuck up and attack us RIGHT NOW! What are you, knave? Without monsters there can be no heroes!

No, in fact, demons are felsworn Draenei.

I know you're only saying this because you want Koltira to come over.

>Stromics

You have to introduce playable Ogres and Vrykul as Allied races.
Which region are they from and how do they join?

Reminder that

>He defeated Illidan at the Black Temple
>He soloed the Lich King and took Invincible for himself

Johnny Awesome is the real hero we need.

Yet it's a profane sort of magic that only seems to be used by necromancers, warlocks and demons.

I mean, none of these uses are remotely nice:
>Almost all demonic technology and a hell of a lot of demonic magic is fueled by the consumption of souls.
>Troll witch doctors build various voodoo dolls and golems which they animate by binding souls to them. These souls are nothing but a power source.
>Similarly, the Mogu use souls to animate their terracotta constructs and they even have certain martial arts designed for the purpose of capturing souls.
>The runeblades of the Scourge bind the souls of the wielder and the souls of those that they slay and are empowered by them.
>The Forge of Souls that was the source of the Scourge's industry was powered by souls. It's in the name.

It's all pretty fucking evil, which makes me think that life magic and spirit magic have nothing to do with it. If it did, you'd see druids and shaman doing much crazier stuff with souls all of the time.

>Not wanting to heal Koltira's tortured soul and make him a good man.
It's like you're a faggot or something. I can see if we don't have these training sessions every year you Ebon Blade will go soft and we won't be ready when it really matters! Do you want to leave the safety of the world in the hands of the Earthen Ring and the Cenarion Circle? I surely hope you jest!

I'm doing Hillsbrad with a Nightborne because I hadn't touched the zone since Cataclysm and it's SO bad.

More Blizzard sucking horde dick, no one is shocked

Druid practices are VERY strict on their magic use. It's the single most rulebound practice of magic, with Furion never even daring to question Cenarius' archaic teachings.
Shaman who go rogue do end up doing exactly that, using spirit as a fuel source. Necrolytes and Warlocks are distinct examples of that.
Permitted use of those magics extends as far as healing and ressurection. That's the set limit.

>join
Ogres are already Horde.

>If it did, you'd see druids and shaman doing much crazier stuff with souls all of the time.

But that's the difference, Druids and Shamans respect the dead so they only take what is offered. Versus a Warlock who condenses souls into a fine crystal and then snorts it up his nose of course the uses will seem lack luster.