I'd like to run a game in this universe and I was thinking about using fate accelerated for it. Thoughts/opinions/ideas?

I'd like to run a game in this universe and I was thinking about using fate accelerated for it. Thoughts/opinions/ideas?

Cringe.

>not mutants and masterminds
This needs to be explained right now

ORE

more like uuuuhhhh soyboys and cuckolds

Use Mutants and Masterminds, it works so much better for this genre.

My thoughts exactly.

Why noy do Masks: The New Generation, which is very suited for this?

horrible idea, kys

Mutants & Masterminds would be infinitely better for a supers game than FATE anything

This would also work
Wild Talents is pretty good and would be a little better for a more down and dirty street level game

What is there to explain?
Why would you want to use an objectively worse system?

Honestly sounds like a fine system for what you're going for. FAE handles supers pretty well as far as generic systems go

Masks is easily the best Supers game, but it's also very specifically for a particular *subgenre* of Supers
I haven't watched this show, but I'd definitely recommend a read of Masks and double checking that it highlights the specific themes you want

If it does, you likely won't find a better system, but not every Supers game is best in Masks

If he wasn't to focus more on the story and the narrative, with the Quirks just being a tool to get to the next scene, then FAE works absolutely fine.

Not every game has to be about "muh super crunchy generic system that doesn't do cinematic fights well"

>Not every game has to be about "muh super crunchy generic system that doesn't do cinematic fights well"
>implying M&M doesn't do cinematic fights well
How about come back when you know what you're talking about my nigga

What sort of game in the setting were you thinking of running specifically?

okay different user but M&M combat is a slog

Having played M&M first and now having played Supers in other games, I can't imagine ever wanting to go back to M&M

I've played M&M, and I disagree. It can be slow when your players don't know what they're doing, which is understandable, there's a lot of crunch, but it definitely speeds up once they get used to it. As far as cinematic action goes, power stunts always did the job for me.

Even with players who all know what they're doing, it's just *worse*
I'm a huge Masks dickrider these days but I've played supers in Masks, Worlds in Peril, and FAE, literally every other game I've tried provides a more fun Supers experience than M&M

Like, I really cut my teeth on d20 games and M&M was my introduction to superhero tabletop but...They're just not that good.

You know, you could use Wild Talents: Progenitor instead.

Agreed. People usually wait UNTIL combat starts in order to ask questions. I've also noticed that they sometimes dont bother to use skill checks and you have to fucking point at them where to go. "Oh man villain escaped! If only I could roll to find clues. If only I could roll to initiate an investigation"

I can see you not being into it if you're more into lighter systems like FATE or Masks, but that doesn't make it bad. Just a different style.

That's true! It's not terrible! It's just as much a matter of my changing tastes as my time spent with the hobby has gone on.

That said, I really stand by my assertion that the d20 system is Just Not That Good.

>d20 system is Just Not That Good.
That's a rather commonly held idea is it not? More people are going to agree with this statement that not.

Yeah that's what I thought but people still go for it

Hey people still play D&D to this day...

fucked up if true

I've actually came up with a brief concept for a Hero of this series, anyone else do that?

His quirk is basically having a pair of hands made of super-tough bonelike material that can detach from the boney sockets on his wrists/forearms and fly around, ROCKET PUNCH style, to strike and grab things (his mother was a 'mutant' that basically resembled a big shadowrun troll, his parents nearly had a heart attack when he walked up to them as a child holding one of his own hands up)

Their hero suit would be armoured and have a bone-motif to mesh with the hands.
Though the character wouldn't be played as edgy as such an outfit might imply, only to intimidate criminals being as they are a superstitious and cowardly lot.

They expect you to pop up a tutorial window, like in the vidyagaems.

>Masks is easily the best Supers game, but it's also very specifically for a particular *subgenre* of Supers
What subgenre do you refer to exactly?

Perfect

Teen super heroes.

>Son
>Fujo
Uhhh....

Well I guess it fits pretty well if you are running a game about youths in a hero school then.

It was made in an /a/ thread, so I guess it seemed like a natural replacement for heroin addiction as a punchline.

Fate should work.
But i would use Heroquest 2 for it, simply because it's also ans super simple narrative system that makes FATES character sheets look convoluted.
It's easy to modify and is a lot of fun to play and GM and still maintains alot of depth for meaningfull character choices and alls sort of conflicts, not just physical.

I second HQ for it's positive "can do" attitude

On /a/ you could easily get away with saying fudanshi and have a reasonable portion of the audience understand.

Pretty much all the suggestions in this thread are good. Fate could be hacked to work with it, M&M could do well, Masks I haven't tried but I hear good things, WT is great. Do whatever works for you, OP.

And run it online, I want in on this

It's teen supers, but more specifically it's geared for coming-of-age stories about those young supers
The mechanics are mostly focused around your feelings and relationships with one another, and if that won't be a focal point of your game it may fall flat

>The mechanics are mostly focused around your feelings and relationships with one another
>feelings
Sounds pretty gay brah.

That just makes it better

I made a concept for a villain a while ago. I think his name was Armadeiras or something like that.

He was a Brazilian drug lord with international contacts, and his quirk was "Brazilian Wandering Spider Form". He had all the powers of a Brazilian Wandering Spider (basically, he was Spider-Man, but with a bite that could kill you while giving you an incredibly painful boner; his web-strings were also razor-sharp). Feel free to use him if you want.

have a table with random ass quirks. Like nipples turn into needles

Well... in Illegals there is a punk that has the power to grow spikes from his body which he normally does from his knuckles... its not out of the question he could do it from elsewhere

Just came by to say that Mitsuki is best girl

You're not wrong. I won't say you're right either, but you're not wrong.

Hot tomboy milf? That's a good argument you raise.

FATE is a bad system for people who dont play tabletop RPGs. Go for Mutants and Masterminds.

So are we going to stat up some characters?

No one's mentioned Marvel's FASERIP yet, so I'll plug it. FASERIP is the best superhero game ever made.