Necromunda

Didn't see this posted so heres some extra info on what GW plans for necromunda.

Also Necromunda general I guess.

wonder what they'll be doing with these guilds. Mini factions?
mercenary teama?

wait I'm dumb I figured it out.

Are we finally getting new chaos cultists?

they're only getting WD rules so probably not. Though that may just be a temporary tging until the "chaos uprising" stuff which sounds like it'll be a proper faction and attendant mini release.

Was talking about new models honestly. If we can finally get a heavy weapons guy/cultist champion without having to trawl ebay or kitbash I’ll be happy.

looks like we're getting animal companions

squats confirmed.

Also, fuck yeah! I'm loving this outright - I'm keeping all of my Necromunda minis. NOt selling them.

>Cybermastiffs for everyone
I can get behind that.

The entire point is to give existing models suitable for use as gangs (genestealer cults and chaos cultists) rules in necromunda. There will not be new models.

>Lasgun and autopistol
>Stub cannon and knife
pathetic bounty hunters desu

and that's all I have.

for WD rules for sure.
But there's also the up coming Chaos Uprising faction that's gathered with other stuff thats definitely getting miniatures.

It seems a safe bet that we'll be getting a chaos worshipping gang box that'll chaos cultists in all but name.

My first reaction was to reach for a firearm while moving away.

God I hope this gets a mini that can join my gang. Stuff like this would get me to sell off 20 years of 40k and concentrate on skirmish. The fun of building two beastmen bounty hunters for my goliath and wife's escher almost did it.

they'll have hax rules and big stats. they don't need crazy wargear.

plus it'll be more interesting if there are bonty hunters you can take without spending your whole stash.

already what I've done.

Absolutely haram.

Why? This is gang warfare.stub cannons and lasguns are perfectly fine weapons for that.

>Stuff like this would get me to sell off 20 years of 40k and concentrate on skirmish
Wait the last two editions didn't?

You kidding me - absolutely halal.

House Escher - Emperor forgive me for saying this - are worse than Chaos-Cultists. They are thots.

>hive mortis

please say Nurgle and undead happen here!

yeah same. Been using my old cawdor with the legacy rules. I'll probably get the new stuff pets and such but keep my old gang.

I have been playing a lot of 2nd and 3rd edition for a very long time.

>God I hope this gets a mini that can join my gang
by the looks of it this all concept art of planned releases. Seems a safe bet it'll show up at som point.

>grendl grendlsen

a properly dorfy name.

Source? Sounds interesting.

It is a sweet name. I'm glad they are going tongue in cheek. I hope we get a few silly models. Stuff that will bring in casual board game players. A "top heavy" female psyker in a witch hat and an electric wand would be great!

posted earlier in the thread.
chaos cults in WD
chaos uprising as a new faction like guilds and enforcers. Which is sure to mean rules in a Gang War book and miniature release.

They're perfectly fine but extremely basic weapons that your normal gangers and champions already have. The entire point of bounty hunters is that you're able to build a hyper-specific character to fill a role.

>all the gangs get super bosses!
>all the gangs get doggos!
>guilds have all the elements instead of being traders like they're supposed to be!
>bounty hunters as a faction!
>everything looks like spyre tech!
>Chaos Cult gang!
>Chaos Uprising gang!
>Genestealer gang so we can sell GSC models!
welp necromunda is fuckin dead

in necromunda 2017 you can pretty much do that already with champions.

Most of these bounty hunters are named characters so bounty hunters may be becoming mainly a source of gimicks and special rules.

besides that if customisation is the game you're probably just meant to convert them with spare bits. But the mini still has to come with something and the basic weapons can look cool and be thematic so why not?

fuckin saved you mean.

all that stuff is awesome .

If you're a gay 40k fag I'm sure it's super ultra cool exdee.

If you're not a stupid 40kid mouthbreathing faggot it's a departure from everything that made necromunda unique and interesting.
Chaos is gayniggers and having chaos gangs ruins the point. Also old necromunda had chaos marines and genestealers but they were super special threats or mission specific challenges.

You do realize that when everyone gets a explodo doggo it makes explodo doggos on a whole less interesting because suddenly everyone has explodo doggo instead of something truly unique to them.

Of course being a faggot 40kuck fag you wouldn't think about that.

>user is complaining about more factions and models

For what purpose?

Because I'm not a dumb nigger and can actually think?

I didn't see a bomb on the crocodile.

the point being when everyone has a mascot it makes the mascots less interesting and at worst generic

Wow you sure showed him user

Sports teams have done it fine.

>I have no counter argument
40kids should stay seated

>Everything changed when the Promethium Guild attacked

I do kinda dig the baron harkonnen looking dude but where's my fucking trade guild

dude just chillax, they're only giving us rules for things already present in the old lore.
So now we're not just limited to conversions and counts as for running my old chaos gang.

bringing more stuff from the fluff onto the table is only a good thing.

>the point being when everyone has a mascot it makes the mascots less interesting and at worst generic
no it doesn't. it makes games more interesting to have more variation in the kinds of minis you face on the table.

> they're only giving us rules for things already present in the old lore.
>no beastmaster
Excuse me? You better fucking check yourself.

Yea I bet having cats in your sigmarine army makes them super neat and adds tons variation with those monoposes (it doesn't and fuck you).

may well be coming as well. This wouldn't be all the concept art they have.

Do the new rulebooks have any fluff? Who are these other guilds supposed to be?

this is some of the upcoming stuff not all of it. We can't say there's not going to be a beastmaster.

and yes 9 dudes and maybe a crocodile is more variation than just always 9 or 10 dudes.

necromunda is a skirmish game with less than a dozen minis a side. monopose isn't an issue.

I dunno the gangs already look samey as fuck thanks to the monopose plastics.
At least the metals had a good excuse what with being solid block of metal without bits to glue on.

how are the rules for 3d terrain?

is it worth actually taking the time to model a table with lots of layers?

eh. they're only semi monopose with options in limb and head choice.
Really its a compromise between details and dynamic posing vs posability
For a game like necromunda I think they've gone the right way.

>ash wastes

Surely this means we're getting biker gangs back?

>Who are these other guilds supposed to be?
presumably the people who run the distribution and trade of a given good.
Not sure exactly what the corpse guild would be, meat traders and butchers?

For some reason OP left out this photo showing off the new weapons from the FW Escher weapon kit.

And the slide...

I'm seriously annoyed the shitty half of the Bolter/Needler combi-weapon is seeing release, and there aren't any shock-whips (Which are currently the best Escher melee option.) But hey, at least chainswords are back and they get plenty of flamers.

That's some cool shit. I saw them on the models, but the slide is great.

i left them out because i didnt have them.

that Chainsword is pretty boss.

What do they do in necro?

Wow, an actual, proper Needle Rifle back in some form or another. Wait, has it EVER had a model in 40k?

Why is this image blank?

>corpse guild

We don't know yet.

Ratling snipers are pretty much the only ones I can think of.

Sweet as.

what animals would go with the other houses?
Cawdor Eagle?

>Not sure exactly what the corpse guild would be, meat traders and butchers?
there are no graveyards in a hive
someone's gotta take care of the corpses

Nothing so noble. It'd probably be a scraggly or terrifying cybereagle or a vulture of some kind.

Judging from another slide, Van Saar have "mechanical spiders".

Whether this is a beast or a shitty gimmick weapon remains to be seen.

see

of yeah of course.
a living (almost) aquilla just seems a good fit for the fanatics gang.

oh right. I'm just terrificly stupid then.

Ok this is cool and all. But where the FUCK are my redemptionists?

With the re-design to Cawdor I am not sure they need their own kit. Maybe a conversion kit later.

they seem to have gone stronger on the house themes. So Cawdor and Redemptionists may be properly indistinguishable now instead of mostly indistinguishable.

Well, newcromunda is similar enough to oldmunda, so any guesses? What did they do in oldmunda?

t. critical roll fan

You new? old necromunda had a chaos gang in gang war though...

My only agreement is the spire tech looking guilders.

>Really its a compromise between details and dynamic posing vs posability

And also to put a slight kibosh on bits selling.

Nah, whether an arm has a ball joint or a weird torso watching joint, its still going to have the ssme demand (or lack there of) from bits sellers.
Even 3rd party stuff could jsut be sold with a flat end and people just GS the gap simply enough.

true, have bought the goliath box set and the joins are complete gash for conversions...

Glorious

Orlocks get a cyber-mastif pet for their Overlord.

Mad Donna is a cutey.