mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_imperiumisacuck,acuck!FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

>Photos of TS dex from last thread ty user
imgur.com/a/lxe5D

>TS dex scan
mega.nz/#!c00CxAqQ!5r759YbLjg740stqHH4oTR6ZQNJKfyyhGps-voN51uo

1st for Jain Zar

any ideas on how to paint my 1kson? main colour is like pic related with orange butt towels and capes.

3nd for Zain Jar

8th edition is shit. Anyone notice how the game is usually over by the bottom of turn 3?

i miss 5th, things were simpler then but not bland as hell

Yeah, that is really unfortunate about the game

i dont see how its boring.
care to elaborate?

Looks a bit Nurgle-y but overall not bad (especially if that's what you're going for). IMO I'd suggest maybe changing the gold to silver, for a bit more contrast. Past that some more spot color like the gem in the top of the headpiece.

I liked 5th too.

Feedback on this list? It's my soup list post TSons.

Alpha Legion Battalion
>Chaos Sorcerer w/Jump Pack - Force Sword, Bolt Pistol
>Chaos Sorcerer w/Jump Pack - Force Sword, Bolt Pistol
>40x Cultists - 2x Heavy Stubber
>10x Cultists
>10x Cultists

Thousand Sons Spearhead
>Daemon Prince w/Wings - 2x Malefic Talons, Helm of the Third Eye
>Tzaangor Shaman
>9x Tzaangor Enlightened - 9x Divining Spears
>3x Tzaangor Enlightened - 3x Fatecaster Greatbow
>3x Tzaangor Enlightened - 3x Fatecaster Greatbow

Chaos Brigade
>Fluxmaster
>Renegade Commander - Autogun
>Renegade Commander - Autogun
>3x Nurglings
>3x Nurglings
>3x Nurglings
>10x Pink Horrors
>10x Brimstone Horrors
>10x Brimstone Horrors
>Tzaangor Shaman
>5x Flamers
>5x Flamers
>Chaos Spawn
>Chaos Spawn
>Chaos Spawn
>3x Mortar Team
>3x Mortar Team
>3x Mortar Team

Paint them like the old colors of the terran thousand sons.

and yet it still takes people 3 hours to play that.

its like you clinch your arsehole everytime you go second because alpha striking is worse than ever. Never mind that at the tourney level 56% of people going second win-- we're talking timmy vs jimmy at the hobby shot. its a game of boom, gotcha bitch! When Guilliman himself could be brought down by 20 ork boys... dunno, its lost its magic and now I want 6.5th edition back (and I'm a guard player)

You know it's weird, I've been collecting 30k custard for a while and I still feel like I ended up shiny new thing bandwaggoning when I bought 5 sets of dawneagle bikes, 4 sets of Allarus, 3 sets of wardens and Valoris.

To add, if you're going for the cleaner Terran color scheme, I'd suggest a stronger white. Something like Celestra + Ulthuan rather than what looks to be like a Ushabti.

Agrax Earthshade is great for a dirty white but (IMO) Thousand Sons lend themselves more to a clean, contrasting color scheme.

>people play 2k cancer instead of comfy cinematic 3k
>nobody positions to take hits
>everyone leaves shit out in the open
>games have no LOS blocking terrain
>etc.
People are just dumb

If win rate is almost split even between going first and second at the tourny level, doesn't that just mean players should learn how to mitigate alpha strike at the casual level, rather than it indicating an issue with balance?

now riddle me this: why is that? I member the last two editions would go quicker and people would make it to turn 3 in an hour and a half at 2k points.. I remember this well because I would usually be waiting for my fucking flyer to come in, lol

7th edition was no faster than 8th, as a matter of fact I'd argue I finish more games of 8th in a 2.5 hour time frame than I did in 7th.

That's because Jimmy and Jimmy are fucking stupid and don't deploy based on the idea that they might go second and likely don't play with enough LoS blocking terrain.

i have never had a problem with alpha strike or going second. i play guard and before chapter approved almost always went second. if you cant understand how to mitigate an alpha strike i dont think its fair call the edition boring.

>Play Eldar
>Usually go first, and if I don't I just load shit into Wave Serpents

i have stopped playing games under 2500pt because 3000 is so much fun. much less of a point squeeze and armies don't feel under equipped to deal with threats.

>if you cant understand how to mitigate an alpha strike i dont think its fair call the edition boring.

but i do my dear boy. Problem is I don't always play guard. Sometimes I play elite armies that get fucked over in turn 1. Dunno, but fuck turn 1 deep strike

Learn to screen your shit properly. I play Eldar and I have 0 issues screening and otherwise countering first turn assault.

>Screening
>elite armies
Pick 1.

you play with shit people then. my group can finish an apocalypses game in 6-7 hours about 12000pt. and 3000 point games its about a turn per hour.

>I play Eldar
>I can still screen

The fact that you choose not purchase your screening options is on you fucko.

yeah, it's super boring also how every army basically has the same stratagems, traits, relics, etc.

>I play t3 infantry army and can screen

its called soup
if thats above you then quit whining.

see, im not the only one. screening wasn't really a big issue last edition. now its vital. i guess it makes sense. TAKE MORE TROOPS--- but i dont want to

Oh so Eldar isn't an elite army at this point?

Don't get fucking proven wrong with this bullshit again.

I only really miss vehicle facing, templates, and the force organization chart.

Soup is the death of this game. They need much bigger premiums for allies. A mandatory HQ and 2 troops before you can dip into other stuff would make this edition better over night.

>3k
>300 Boyz 400 guard along with respective friends
Sure, let us allocate a good 2 days for this game

>Eldar
>Elite
Only applies to clowns friend.
Having to rely on soup to play elite armies then begs the question of why they even have a codex to begin with instead of being collected into a big book o' allies.

screening is only more vital because its way more effective. play with more terrain or bring more transports if you cant survive turn one.

So what do you play that's 'elite'

>Oh so Eldar isn't an elite army at this point?

Honestly not really. I mean, it can do elite, but the codex has plenty of passably well priced chaff infantry.

yeah im probably going to do that for the rest. i might leave the bigger units like scarab occults the more sandstone like tone since i think it looks neat for the larger areas.

Best chapter coming through. Salamander fags BTFO

no it wouldn't
since some armies dont have hqs or troops

Grey Knights. Elite on top of an objectively garbage codex. They need to end our misery and just roll us back into Inquisition.

the game is subjectively boring now in my experence. Also a different user.

But yeah I would not call Elfs a Elite army.

So you don't understand how to zone out with Rhinos then?

you can simply tell that person not to bring that because you dont have the time to play against it

how would you achieve that colour of off white? ushabti washed with sepia diluted with medium?

Then they aren't really armies, are they?

MM are the perpetual B rankers who couldn't complete the side objectives.

>playing a sub-faction meme army

Huh? I don't know what edition you're reading, but pretty much every thing that could make factions unique is just some small inconsequential twist on another thing another faction gets.

The only exceptions IMO are death guard, thousand sons, and tyranids.

The whining about soup is amazing because GW is encouraging soup in the Custodes book.

but user back then all the shit that is like that now was rolled into codex of their own. SoB was with inquisitor shit for example.

1 turn an hour is still slow for 3k
too many pile in moves, too many dice getting rolled. look how fast warhammer fantasy could be played when only the first/second/sometimes third row of infantry could fight (when people had their models magnetized at least and a movement phase could be done in 3 minutes) not saying it was perfect, things like light cav breaking blocks of infantry in 7th was stupid but my group easily finished 3k games in under 2 hours

>plays a support army
>man children think it should be stand alone
>cry when it doesn't work

Yeah I mean Eldar clearly play the same as marines and Imperial Guard.

force orgs are a big thing i miss too user. detachments are a step in the right direction but it's not quite the same as a force org personalised for each codex.

Probably because they were too busy killing civvies for being heretical enough to be invaded.

how would i bring them without soup? should assassins, SoS and astropaths be thrown out?

Firing up Battlescribe
Eldar can fill a brigade for roughly 1k points. Above Guard but well below something like GKs.
They are kind of semi-elite, can be be played somewhat blobby but also can be very low count

Would be nice so GKs aren't punished by the command point and detachment system

If you don't play with more than 4-5 large los blocking terrain pieces per tile you are playing this game wrong and you only have yourself to blame. You physically should not be able to shoot from one edge of the board to the other without getting blocked by Los blocking terrain.
Prove me wrong, I dare you.

Salamander fag detected.

definitely, they're just more efficient at every role.

this
>tfw no more Al-Raheim or Chenkov

>Killing the enemy is too hard guys!
>Let's just kill our allies instead!

>proving an opinion wrong
I agree with copious amounts of terrain, but you're a retard.

>think it should be standalone
Gee, when it's promoted as such and they receive a book for themselves, I don't know what else to expect? If it was a support army they'd receive bonuses for doing so, instead they just hog points inefficiently when added in unless it's GMNDK's.
GK's minimum brigade is 1925, I believe. Would be nice to have more +3 CP detachments that mixed other unit types other than just 2HQ+3Troops.

>1 turn an hour is still slow for 3k
why does it need to be any faster what could be done to make it faster mechanically? I dont think game speed is up to the game but more down to how well the players know their own dudes and if they are bullshitting while playing.

Prime them gold, or silver, and then fill in with the main colors. That's how I did the picture you posted. Pic related for proof. My paints were ushabti bone for the base coat, seraphim sepia for shade and pallid whych flesh for highlights. I did the blue in thousand sons blue, ahriman blue for highlights.

Yeah I mean Eldar are well known for their battle tanks and artillery with cheap infantry screens.

I think blue on the tabards would look sick.

I play my games with a giant wall down the center running from one table end to the other.

yes actually. Fire Prisms, Wave serpents, ranger spam, etc.

Show me one instance where MM team killed. Recent lore has them saving a Custard's ass from nids.

Just like Guilliman is known as master of the parking lot. And Culexus assassins premier bodyguards (read:meatshield)

>too many dice getting rolled
play a different game i love to roll my bucket of dice. you sound like a terribly boring person to be around.
i aslo like how you compare blocks of infantry moving to dynamic infantry. i think 40k epic is more your speed.

He sure wants Yvraine to park her ass on his face

>oh man its too late for me to start working on something I'll start tomorrow
>oh man its too early I'll start later today

frik

>Fire Prisms
>Used

Pick one

didn't say i don't enjoy rolling a lot of dice. i was answering the post asking why games take longer in 8th

i use grey knight SoS Inquisition soup and it works perfectly fine. i think you might just suck at list building.

Definitely. Detachments have you just being punished for having pricey troops on top of pricey troops being bad inherently gamewise.

Custodes mirror matches. Moving 10 units shouldn't be hard.

any reason why daemons are considered OP?

I-is he right?

>ranger spam
>cheap infantry screen

thats what you implied

>TFW you cuck that visarch nerd

They frikin suck at melee which is a shame cause its fun.

>Custodes mirror matches. Moving 10 units shouldn't be hard.
ok well you do that ill be over here having fun.

Isn't the Visarch fused into his armor now anyway

Maybe he can live vicariously through Papa Smurf and just watch Roboute and Yvraine get it on.

Striking Scorpions go through infantry like a combine harvester and do mortal wounds now what the fuck GW

What happens when SoS get a codex. You lose you anti-daemon niche, that you do poorly, to them.

>Saving a bodyguard who wasn't even doing his assigned job
Wow, great use of manpower my man.

are you serious?

because I never get that result, I'd like them to destroy shit and I'd rather they attack a 3rd time instead of roll for a possible mortal wound.

*sits comfortably*

Striking Scorpions in 8th ed are basically Death Incarnate for infantry in my experiences so far, but they fold up real quick against literally anything else. I don't see very many Howling Banshees in play anymore at the LGS either.

>american reading comprehension

Does anyone actually dislike 40k Guilliman or is it just a throwback Ward meme?

I think he's a pretty cool guy.

Yes and no. I've always had a problem with the whole turn system, but that hasn't changed in any edition so I'm not going to complain.

There's a lot to like and a lot to dislike about 8th. I like the simpler rules as they put a bigger emphasis on actual strategy, I like the change to AP and combat. I don't like that a lot of armies play and feel the same, the very limited diversity in strategems and perfect deepstrike (never thought I'd miss mishaps).