Campaign set in the infamous universe

>Campaign set in the infamous universe.
>main villain of the campaign is the conduit equivalent of a fucking loser because his powers sounded lame as hell at first.
>It's power over salt, pepper, and sugar.
What can be some ways that it turns more and more dangerous over the course of the campaign?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Kali_(Heringen)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He goes to a salt flat

Figures out how to control the sugar in someone's bloodstream

So he has the power to give people diabetes?

Pepper is his main offensive power. Uses cans of pepper spray as fuel for crowd-control projectiles. Not effective against opponents with masks/goggles, tho.

Salt is extremely useful for construction. Basically works the same as Concrete in Second Son. Great for building infastructure, temporary barriers, armor, heavy projectiles, etc. A salt mine or something like en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Kali_(Heringen) would be ideal for gathering raw material. Road salt storage might be useful in cities. In a pinch, you could pull salt out of the ocean or a salt lake.

Sugar just seems like a worse version of salt. Unless you can reeeaaally stretch the definition of "sugar" to include cellulose, and plant matter.

Its all fun and games until you realize that boring ol table salt is the electrolyte that allows synapses to pass electrical charge and muscles to flex. Someone with absolute control over salt could turn any creature i to a meat puppet isntantly.

Hell, with some advanced education and a serious medical background, he could manipulate neural pathways to permanently alter the mental state of anyone around him.

GG, fuckos.

make them go into diabetic comas, go woozy, die, or a whole bunch of things.

When you say 'salt' do you meant sodium chloride or any salt?

>power over salt
hold the oceans ransom

>power over sugar
you can fuck biochemistry up with this one and the salt one up to and including causing people to combust or go comatose.

>power over pepper
which part of 'pepper'? what does that mean? genus piper? piperine? genus capsicum? capsaicin? you can do all manner of horrible shit with concentrated capsaicin and similarly effecting chemicals like resiniferatoxin.

Nigga, salt would work pretty well as a sandblaster, with added corrosion. If he gets to a salt factory or a salt flat, shit would go down.

Sodium in living organisms is most commonly obtained from NaCl but is itself neither table salt, nor a salt at all, and the biological processes that rely on sodium rely on the dissociated sodium ion- As it's the electronic potential caused by its ionic state that allows those processes to function.

Regular salt. Table salt.

Yes, but NaCl in solution is what creates the potential in the first place. Salt dissolved in water is the driving process for all bioelectric processes. Having "control" over salt implies changing concentrations, reversing osmosis, and preventing it from disolving in the first place, even if the salt is in solution. To argue that you wouldnt be able to manipulate the electical potential of the human body with salt power would also be to argue that you couldnt manipulate salt water, which seems needless limiting.

Its clear that control over a force or material allows you to act upon that force in unatural ways. The main character of Infamous can throw lightnin around and electrocute anything, regardless of circuit to ground, resistance, or isnulation. Id say manipulating electrolytic salt in solution is well within the scope of a super power, you pedant.

>power over salt
>split it into Sodium and Chloride
>you no longer have power over it but now you have poison gas and a bomb

So the power over condiments?
>Straight up sandblast people with your elements.
>Form them into crystal shards for armor penetration.
>Literally suck the sodium chloride or sucrose out of people.
>Make animated golems out of the stuff and raid fast food restraunts

What about down to a cellular level? At that point you can basically melt somebody by ripping sugar from cell after cell.

Salt is comprised of two things. A deadly poison and an explosive that can be set off by water.

These guys have the right idea.

Use sugar powers to make people Crash so hard they slip into diabetic comas.

Use salt powers to construct barriers or armor or to create weapons. Think Yondu's whistling arrow, but there are ten of them, and they're made out of salt. You know what hurts like fuck? Salt. Salt hurts like fuck. He should 100% have a dramatic monologue about salt.

Use salt powers to control a person's muscular impulses in order to control their movements. This should be something that's difficult, and something he can only do to one person at a time, for sure, but I think it's fair that it would be within the scope of his power.

If the dude gets a bunch of cans of pepper spray and goes around with a gas mask, he could really fuck with people too.

Salt armor and weapons, pepper whirlwinds around him to blind and incapacitate, and focusing his sugar powers to fuck people up individually. Makes for a pretty nasty guy, to be honest.

These powers would also let him really fuck with/ruin stored food. Wiping out large supplies of food isn't something to sneer at, esp w/ what I know of the Infamous universe.

>Use salt powers to control a person's muscular impulses in order to control their movements. This should be something that's difficult, and something he can only do to one person at a time, for sure, but I think it's fair that it would be within the scope of his power.
So how far would that go? Is it straight up mind control or is it just "stop hitting yourself"?

Like i said earlier, basic usage would allow you to fire nerves and tense muscles. Think QWOP along with inescapable nerve pain.

With the right training, you could isolate neruons in the brain to alter mood, thought patterns, cause confusion, cause a blanket loss of memory. To get down to "serious" mind control youd need manipulation accurate to the cell, whcih may or may not be possible depending on how you view the power.

Yeah I think early on, when he first discovers that he can fuck w/ the salts/electrolytes in someone's body, he'd be able to just smack them with intense, painful muscle spasms. I think as it got more developed, it'd be a, 'stop hitting yourself' thing, bc he'd be manipulating your muscles directly, not your brain.

If you wanna let him get that powerful, you can go with user's suggestion of controlling these synapses/salts to the point that he can alter mood, thoughts, memories, and the like. I wouldn't take it to this extreme, though, myself.

I mean that fits pretty well because I plan that when he's first revealed to the party he's literally getting beat up for his lunch money.

Could easily get a lot more fucked up when it goes from "stop hitting yourself" to "stop jamming your rifle down your best friends throat".