Fighter, thief, or mage?

Fighter, thief, or mage?

I prefer nanos myself

Fighter/Mage or Thief/Mage are the only correct options.

Barbarian.

Mage, artificer subclass if possible.

Either Fighter or Mage. Fighter because as a rule I like tough meleedudes, or Mage because they can interact with the world in the most interesting ways. A mix of the two is absolute top tier though.

Thieves are an archetype I always tell myself I should like but I never do.

As for waifu material, Fighter. I find a bit of muscle attractive. Plus they're more likely to share some of my values. Bookworms and criminals do nothing for me.

Numenera wasn't very good.

But mages can get up to all kinds of kinky shit.

Don't get me wrong I'd still take a wizardgirl over a thiefgirl anyday. I'm not one of those guys who fetishizes chastity but I'm generally not interested in women with rap sheets.

But a brusque, sporty fightergirl ticks quite a few boxes for me.

Fighter, you have known here since childhood and she actually loves you.
Thief, you have known for all of 5 minutes, and only wants your balls. Mage you only love because you have her boyfriend's memories implanted in you.

This is my party? Guess I’ll go cleric or paladin, leaning paladin

Tomboy monks are best.

>glorious artefact creation race.
My nigga

Initiating a relationship
>Fighter: Mails you a small gift and a handwritten poem, asking you to meet up outside of the castle gates at a predetermined time
>Rogue: "Hey handsome, want sum fuck?"
>Mage: "user... I.... uhm..y-y-..YOU HAVE BIG HANDS!" she then fizzles out both literally and figuratively before running away at full speed.

First date
>Fighter: Takes you to an open patch in the woods where you can enjoy a pleasant view and feel the wind breeze past your skin
>Rogue: Takes you to some smoke filled bar where booze is cheap and wenches even cheaper
>Mage: Basically follows you around the shopping district, wondering whether this counts as a date or not

Concluding the first date
>Fighter: Kisses your hand, tells you it was delightful and that she hopes to see you again
>Rogue: Fucks you for the second time since you met her
>Mage: Mumbles the words "nice", "again" and "please" before excusing herself

Randomly meeting you while out with her friends
>Fighter: Introduces you as the man she's courting with the potential for future marriage
>Rogue: Calls you her fuckbuddy, instantly starts talking about your dick
>Mage: Doesn't make eyecontact as her friends tease her

Reaction to you being mugged
>Fighter: Strikes down the mugger with moderation, restrains the mugger and checks whether you're wounded
>Rogue: "Hand me the dough user, let's not turn this mugging into a rape"
>Mage: Instinctively casts a high level spell, then in a panic apologizes to the smouldering remains of what was once a human

Hopes and dreams
>Fighter: Dreams above all of peace, order and prosperity, even if it's at the cost of her own life
>Rogue: Loads emone
>Mage: Wants to be a mother

Wedding night
>Fighter: Nervous and afraid, but at the same time curious and eager. Clumsily explores your body with hers
>Rogue: Nothing surprises her, she's seen it all
>Mage: Lies black, furiously blushing, saying it's alright if it's with you

Fighter > Mage > Rogue

OP said fighter, not paladiness fetish caricature.

A Fighter, as in the D&D class, sounds more like the kind of girl who'd want you to grab a beer and watch the Eagles game with her. More civilized than a barbarian girl but nowhere as frilly and "pure" as a paladin. And I can guarantee you she wouldn't be impressed with a guy who needs her saving him from some street rat.

She'd be a jock, user.

All winners, secret harem ending?

I kinda have to agree with . But that was cute, so I capped it.

>Mage
>they can interact with the world in the most interesting ways
What do you mean by that, user?

Fighter, thieves have no honour and are in it for the money and mages are nerds that hide behind books and cheat by using illusions.

If the setting has wizards or mages, then magic implicitly plays a major role in the world and its history. Mages often have bonuses to abilities like knowledge rolls, identify skills, and better mental defenses against magical effects. Plus you may encounter enemies who can only be defeated through magic. So you can play around with that stuff in ways fighters or rogues can't.

Plus spells often have a lot of utilitarian uses. Swordguy and Bowgirl can't cast dimension door, for example.

Powerful wandering Sorceress or sweet countryside Witch that helps the locals. No Wizard nerds allowed.

Thief or Mage for waifu

Fighter or Mage for playing

Powerful wandering Sorceress meets sweet countryside Witch? Sold.

>Rogue: "Hand me the dough user, let's not turn this mugging into a rape"
>Mage: Instinctively casts a high level spell, then in a panic apologizes to the smouldering remains of what was once a human
Has anyone seen my sides? I seem to have lost them. Good stuff, user.

Well unless we're talking Eberron or something similar, there's bound to be a lot more not-magic than magic, right?

I mean, if we're talking knowledge or identify, let's say. A fighter could know who the soldiers work for by a detail in their weapons or armor. He could know and say their company's motto and that could turn a combat encounter into a diplomatic one.

A thief could recognize a rare piece of jewelry and know who to return it to for a reward. Or he knows it's famous for being magic. He could decode a secret message the party intercepted.

Sure, the mage could just Charm Person on the soldiers and do whatever mumbo jumbo about the jewel and message. Or he could save his spells for when they're really necessary, like when you need a Dimension Door or find an enemy that can only be defeated through magic.

If you say "it's cool to be a Mage because you get to know and do things other people don't", the same should be true of the Fighter and the Thief. People know things, they just know different things. All classes, or more importantly, all PLAYERS should get the chance to interact with the world in interesting ways.

but it's also the case that mages tend to have higher intelligence (in D&D anyway) and since intelligence is usually tied to knowledge skills they're usually better overall

Fair enough, but my point was them having different knowledge skills than their fellow party members. Even if they have a higher intelligence, they don't have to (and shouldn't) know everything.

Marry, fuck, kill. In that order.

Biggest tiddies.

Great taste, surprising to see

>tfw no qt mage gf

But user she's already dead

I'm not gonna fuck a corpse, dude.

Mage or Fighter,I don't care about a useless thief

Not my point. My point is, you can't kill a dead person.

But I don't remember Aerith being a zombie!

>implying fighters aren't mostly mercenaries loyal only to whatever lord has the biggest pockets

Whichever one's the one with the big baps.

just chuck it on the bonnet for 30mins and it will have the warmth of life back in it.

Watch the movie, bitch sure as hell ain't just lying down and keeping quiet.

That's a paladin not a fighter

Fightmage

My fucking sides

Can we agree that Golems are the absolute best?