How much do you and your group live up to the stereotype?

How much do you and your group live up to the stereotype?

is "no group" a stereotype

We don't.

Almost none? Of the stereotypes I can recall, we subvert or just don't qualify for.

Which stereotypes were you thinking?

on /tg it is

More the i'd like to admit.

I'm always alone so I guess I live up to the stereotype of the chronically lonely NEET with only the internet to keep him occupied.

Judge for yourself

>Guy 1 who spouts endless facebook memes and only plays gruff soldier types, large and fat
>Guy 2 who plays exclusively CN sorandum characters, skinnyfat
>Girl 1 who plays edgy assassin types exclusively, stick figure
>Girl 2 who bitches whenever she's not the strongest member of any given party, hourglass

I have a wife, a career not in a autistic field, I'm overweight but at least I'm hygienic unlike some gross fucks, and I have a nice well maintained home. I hit a couple stereotype points, but not terrible.

My group:

Camera man and editor for tv and shit. Kinda pudgy, but actually has social skills. Great dude.

Gigawhale girl. Sweet girl, super big. Friendly and kind, makes baked goods and knits. Team mom.

Programmer weeb/ semibrony. He's the least insufferable brony, and it never comes up in game . I'd literally throw him out of my home if he did. Only religious person in group, so not euphoric at all. He'd lay on broken glass for his friends though.

Jewish/Catholic frat boy financial advisor. That guy. Lol so randumb characters. Gigantic, so great to go drinking with. Has great weed.

Super cute chick who is the best roleplayer. Going no where in life, but she's dating the previous dude, so it'll work out.

We dip our toes into stereotype, but we're not the worst.

mine doesn't at all, but we're all between 40-45 years old, have families, jobs, etc.

I think we may have fit the stereotype back in high school and college a little more.

None is a NEET.
I'm the DM and I'm a grill
The only thing we have is the geek obsession with our favorite hobbies and a ludicrous amount of expending in them,.

Maybe this is the new stereotype, the above 30-something player with only free weakens.

We have a cop, a tax collector, an accountant and a lawyer.
On the other hand, what said.

I mean, two out of five of us were homeschooled and we're all pretty big nerds, but I don't think we would.
>Three of us were in the Marines(one of whom is me, the other two are in the army now)
>Two of us are married(one of the army guys and I, we also both have children), one is divorced, and another is in a serious relationship
>Three of us have bachelor's degrees
>One works as a data scientist, one is going to law school, two as I said already are in the army, and I'm in the hiring process for the DEA
We're all more on the normie end of things I guess.

Two people in the group are depressed and potentially suicidal, does that count?

Military dudes love table top. It's a thing.

That's true I guess, I just recently (a year ago or so) got into it. But I know one of my LTs and some guys I deployed to the Philippines had a CoC game every week.

>qt asian girl, plays elves
>Veeky Forumsbro, plays warlocks
>skinny black weeb, plays dwarves
>funny fat guy, plays paladins
Only the DM fits the mold, he's like our pet grognard

We're all Highschoolers (Juniors and Seniors, been playing since Freshman year)
>Me : Mechanic/Programmer, usually plays the face, a bit overweight
>Guy 2 : DBZ nerd that always plays weird characters (Horse man fighter, Rogue with teleportation powers just because, etc), also a bit overweight
>Guy 3 : Archetypal mega nerd who plays characters that also revolve around being smart, scrawny
>Guy 4 : Chill artist type (Not a stoner tho) that plays really relaxed characters, skin and bones, looks like Jesus

those are some cute characters

You have a sitcom in the making.

Somewhat, I guess.
>T: sorta-fat neckbeard in his 30s. Always wears the same biker vest at ratty baseball cap for the last 20 years. Bisexual furry, steadfast friend and resident That Guy at the table.
>N: typical normie-jock on the outside, but for some reason, plays with us. We're convinced he's an alien. Plays games to have lolrandom antics.
>D: N's cousin he roped into playing with us. semi-pro vidya gamer and rap enthusiast. Probably the second best player at the table because he's always 110% invesdted in whatever we're playing.
>B1: First female in our group, never can grasp the system fully, needs help with her character and mechanics. Decent roleplayer, but if something doesn't effect her directly, she doesn't care. Often falls asleep because she's preggo.
>B2: Second female and hands down best player at the table. Reads rule books cover to cover, reads setting and campaign notes, makes characters that are 75% optimised and 100% setting appropriate. Struggles with anxiety and depression.
>Me: tall, lanky, intelligent slacker. Put in the minimum amount of work to run a game smoothly. Would rather sit at home and be anti-social if T didn't bust in and drag my ass outside.

Which one are you?

I've played only with living stereotypes. no joke.

DM. quasi closeted pedo, pushed his magical realm on everyone, mot really interested in any thing other than being the most important thing in the game, pretentious and superior attitude. fat yet adept at karate.

Guy 1 goth kid being goth and dark

Guy 2 Hard Edgy Nazi Paladin, second oldest guy hits on the teeny boopers despite being 28ish

Girl 1 goth kid's gf not interested in the game.

Girl 2 Fat girl that sucks off the DM and the whole party depending on the dsy plays stripper barbarian vixen.

Another group was

DM Weabo with fantasy realm

guy 1 min maxer fat fuck annoying rule lawyer.

guy 2 Anoying twink plays girl who is boy. surprisingly good story, like watching boku no pico

group 3 the most tragic one

DM is actually too cool for this, old school young guy, relaxed about rules but firm on no fucking around

guy 1, mature dude old school role playing, played interesting characters and was a good story teller former English and history teacher.

guy 2 solid power gamer in it for the battle and swords and sorcery, all for realistic combat

Girl 1 Actually good at role playing, hot as fuck second generation player. big tiddies breed for pleasure. quirky smart and tomboyish.

the only problem is that they hated each others play styles and this group disbanded after one game and created bad blood between the players. only group I've seen implode with in fighting. almost came to blows and the girl was not involved.
haven't played since

Add a couple of laptops to the table and that's us man.

I'm dating the girl and I'm not the DM, that's all I'm telling you

you guys like to play evil campaigns, eh?
Or is that too close to real life?

>not DM
>Dating qt Asian
100% funny fat guy.

Is it true that I can get any girl if I just make her laugh?

You ever get tired of being an edgy faggot?

Yes. If you manage to create a summoning circle and invoke the correct sequence of nameless dark gods before she finishes laughing, then the dark gods will bend her will into adoration for you. The process does risk significant mental harm to both the user and the target though, so attempt at your own peril.

I am sad to say I think I come off as more of a angry hipster than a proper nerd-stereotype.

Unless that fits... then great?

And if you eat her out and compliment her cooking, asian girls anyway

>Hairline
Only I’m going bald, but I have another few years until I’m buzzing it out

>Overweight
Myself and one other are pretty Veeky Forums because we go to the gym and hike. Other 3 are fat

>Nerd culture/meme spouting
Only one guy is really bad about that. We all have a pretty working knowledge on nerd pop culture though

>Hygiene
We’re all clean except one guy who’s basically homeless

Yeah, we’re hopeless. I’m the only one with an adult job and responsibilities

What? Why would you think that?
We're playing an evil campaign right now, as servant of a dark lord that have stole our soul.
But also fuck you, there is nothing wrong with those jobs.

You know he doesn’t. He’s a NEET with a computer. This is his life/job

>being this easily triggered
Made reading this retarded thread worth it.

>lol triggered u
>topkek, amiright my dudes?
>can't wait to screenshot this epic takedown

>Girl 1 goth kid's gf not interested in the game.
the worst kind of player

are you me?

Where can I find such a girl

You go outside and look for her. She could be at a Starbucks or Target. She could be sitting down at a restaurant or driving in her car. Go, leave your computer and go find her.

Well, how do you normally meet girls?

Asia.

Well me (typical cyclist pic related) and the ex con don't really, we are the two that actually DM.
Then we have your standard fat guy who plays 40k, teh nerd grill (the two of them actually make a cute couple) a literal autist and a standard mouth agape bugman.
3/5 id say justifies the stereotypes

>Girl 2 who bitches whenever she's not the strongest member of any given party, hourglass

I wonder if there's some sort of correlation between body type and munchkin tendencies, because I know someone who's just like that.

>all-girl group
What are the stereotypes for it?

Fuck wish I had a group in the PI. Were you at the embassy?

Me the DM who homebrews everything to death
One guy who's played almost every edition of D&D, human fighter from elsewhere, old english spelling of his character's name
A new player who's only played 5e, really cautious and paranoid but also does dumb shit like, "nah, I want to camp out in the forest by myself to spy on the goblins while everyone else goes to town and resupplies."
Guy playing a knight who knows everything about knights and nobility, backs me up when people are like, there's no way that's how stuff worked.
Girl playing a wizard stolen by the elves as a child, really hamming up the fair folk aspect of the elves, has written up a decent description of their court.

Not even close! We were down in the Mindanao region, spread throughout different islands. The guys who played CoC were on Zamboanga and I was on Jolo.

What’s a “bugman”

Three out of the four of us are overweight, but we all bathe regularly and are decently socially adjusted, so not very much?

All female groups need a strong bitchy leader, preferably attractive, that the others can mutually hate or they fall apart immediately

>hits on the teeny boopers despite being 28ish
Nothing wrong with that as long as the girls are into it

Another one of those stupid /pol/ """"""""memes""""""""

Like is it a bug-eyed skinny person? I legitimately don’t know

Same meaning as soyboy, numale, Wil Wheaton-esque, etc.

I've been the one guy in an otherwise all-girl, the other members would constantly talk shit about anyone who wasn't in the room.

Kinda. We have a firefighter 2 computer repair guys, and a chemist. Friends since 12

>girl 1, somewhat macrabe, makes pretty cool characters but is a bit shy and doesn't understand the game well
>girl 2, overthinks things, understands the game the best of everyone but me, basically party face
>guy, total fucking retard, adhd out the roof, can't pay attention for shit, not smart, decided to play a druid for some ungodly reason. recently swapped to barbarian for everyone's relief
>guy 2, dm. Smartest and understands the system most. autistic as fuck. thinks the group needs more even though everyone else wants it to be a small friend thing

i thought those cyclists were aliens or something, not human

>linguist and translator
>game designer
>computer programmer
>highschooler #1 and kickboxer
>highschooler #2 and grease monkey
>temporary NEET, DM and sound engineer
It's a pretty great group, all things said.

>How much do you and your group live up to the stereotype?
You'd be playing with us and thinking:
> Straight white guys with no GF
> Half the group is overweight
> Glasses
> Nerd talk about builds, concepts, strategies and lore
> 100%

But then, there'd be something off:
> No assaulting B.O.
> Everyone at the table able to assert themselves
> Characters with flaws
> No "that guy" (or that's just me)
> Good-natured fun

So... I'd guess about 60%? Took a lot of efforts to get rid of the parasites, and we're a small group by all standards (3+GM), but we make it work.

Currently , but going on last group...
>Guy 1: slightly heavy proud-but-not-in-your-face-about-it brony/weeb who can't NOT crossplay. Confirmed /d/eviant, very slightly on the spectrum, but fairly outgoing and has a job and a gf. Also slightly greasy complexion, occasional bouts of depression. Characters usually lesbians, with decent, if sue-ish or edgy backstories.
>Guy 2: Tall, heavy-but-carries-it-well rock fan. Wears entirely black because he's very self-conscious, hides any weeb tendencies while out in public, but being a little bit further along than Guy 1 on the spectrum combined with adult ADD means getting him going is super easy. Currently unemployed, also struggling with near-suicidal depression. Keeps himself clean, but almost never engages in conversations with strangers. low-30's kissless virgin. Usually makes characters that fill a needed niche in the party roster, unless expressly told not to worry about it, then he usually makes melee death machines, but works with GMs to set up good backstories that fit the setting.
>Guy 3: Most autistic member of the group, beanpole. Wears a trenchcoat, has five katanas in his car, will bring up subjects that he was told to drop three weeks ago again, and again, and again. Night-shift stocker at a supermarket, always reeks of feet. Pays little attention to non-combat situations, builds characters for combat or makes kitsune. No interest in character backstories whatsoever.

>B: extremely socially maladjusted white guy with an atrophied arm, great dude but a bit awkward, kissless virgin, work in a school
>Me: Good at social interaction but a bit of a loner, in couple for six years still going strong, high IQ (watch rick & morty), work in a library
>M : Hidden normie with a gf, make artificial teeth for a living, very nice, always play good aligned character
>E : In his way to a PhD, got his first gf a month ago (he's 24), nice but a bit crazy, always fall back to evil aligned character even when he means well
>S : Goody two shoes, very naive because of a sheltered life in a nice neighborhood, thinks everyone is nice and can't for the life of him play something evil aligned, extremely normie chad

>bugman
The kind of person who just keeps their head down, does some nothing job and goes home and plays the lastest Zelda game even into their late 30s

No I can assure you we are not only human but actually super cool

>Me: overweight, greasy hair, dandruff (I try to shower before each game), study physics, live with parents, kissless virgin, single
>S: overweight, glasses, thick fingers, bad with numbers, always scheming, good at making plans, is about to finish high-school equivalent, lives with parents, single
>Ge: overweight, female, glasses, usual GM, is pretty good at herding cats (us), is currently about to finish apprenticeship in some office related field, LOTS of experience, lives with parents, single
>Ga: thin, no glasses, studies physics at same uni as I do (but lower semester), new to roleplaying but is learning, lives alone, single

>/pol/
Muh boogie man

>high IQ (watch rick & morty)
got a chuckle out of me

Afaik we're all university students.

>DM
Nice guy.
He ranges from serious to silly. His descriptions are good, when he's not too tired.
Knows enough and uses it well alongside his worldbuilding, which he really likes.
Good worldbuilding, really.
Looks like a bulky guy. Into lifting and martial arts.

>Guy 1
Nice guy.
He's a bit more serious, but goes along with the antics. Seems like he doesn't j
"Jump at" things, irl or ingame, with notable exception's.
Powergames a bit (good imo), but is kinda straight-laced.
Has a well defined backstory and motivations.
Looks good, pretty lean/athletic body type.
Human Fighter.

>Guy 2
Nice guy.
A bit akward when it comes to some roleplaying moments, but he does his best.
Has been getting the hang of the system lately.
Has a well defined backstory and motivations.
Good looking lad. Seems strong, and into some sports (martial arts)
Human Cleric.

>Girl 1
Dates Guy 2.
Nice girl.
She's the newest addition, but seems like a nice person. Leans left/socjus, but doesn't really act up on it, is ok with jokes.
Knows the least about the system, but she's new. Makes up for it with help from her bf/the group.
Has a backstory, but it's not explored so far. Looking forward to seeing her play it out.
Chubby but she doesn't fit the slob-like Veeky Forums stereotypes, imo.
Lizard paladin.

>Girl 2
Nice girl.
Dates guy 1.
She's a all over, but fits her character's roleplaying well. Fun, spontaneous, energetic and has an infectious smile. Really nice girl.
Knows how to use her character properly, and has some knowledge of the system.
Her backstory isn't really that important, makes up for it with in-game story.
Very pretty, petite girl.
Halfling rogue.

>Guy 3 - me
That guy
Don't p know what I'm doing. I'm all over the place really.
I know some of the system, and I powergame a bit.
My backstory is... there. It's getting explored, it just isn't good.
I like lifting stuff,my body is meh.
Human ranger.

50/50 that my DM reads this.

It's someone who's defined by the media they consume, the kinds of people who camp outside Apple stores for the very newest iPhone because commercials told them to and collect Porg shit because Disney decided that Porgs should be iconic.

They have no identity of their own and exist in a pop culture hive mind, thus "bugman". Often overlaps with Soyboy and Cuck.

Cut a line from guy 1:
I'd say pretty much the lead, and he's level headed enough for it.

True

All guys, all university educated with jobs, no obese or other serious body issues. No serious social or mental problems. All are into typical geek stuff: fantasy and sci-fi literature and tv, games, etc. Everyone can moderate themselves around non-geeks. We eat cheese and drink at the table. Games are a mix of systems, character styles, pacing etc.

About one third are married or have kids, one third have gfs, and one third are foreveralone. Everyone except one enjoys beer. About half take the GM'ing in turn, while the other half are always players. I can think of one time someone introduced an obvious fetish, this was shot down and either that was the only time, or the other guys are more subtle.

>Slightly chubby dude with extremely curly hair and a very prevalent speech impediment. Plays snobby human warlock/sorcerer that was tricked into being a warlock. Likes to plan out battles in the middle of a battle

>Short tomboyish girl, most people could probably use her head as an arm-rest, does art and tumblr a lot. Plays hyperactive half-elf cleric that doesn't even know religion. Good at roleplaying, mildly bad at playing.

>Acne riddled red-head with a lazy eye, buys us snacks and overall chill dude. Plays dragonborn paladin who is also a slav. Also good at roleplaying, as well as playing in general.

>Black turbo-nerd with a close-cut, never seen without glasses, plays guitar and makes synthwave. Plays nordic eldritch-knight with a fetish for decapitation. Has a positive charisma modifier but ends up making some conversations extremely awkward somehow.

>Me, scrawny white guy with perpetual peach-fuzz and extreme social insecurity. Plays know-it all half-elf wizard dude that broke his soul with a botched spell. Average roleplayer, can't strategize for shit.

>Other scrawny white guy, also never seen without glasses, has a nose that could pop a balloon. Plays incredibly snarky half-elf bard dude with an unknown past because amnesia. Hasn't even given his character a name. Decent roleplayer and player, but hasn't shown up for the past few sessions due to other obligations.

>DM, slightly narrow-faced greek chick on the verge of ending it, lives pretty much only for games and to finish college. Pretty good DM, sets up a lot of interesting fights and scenarios, though a lot of her mannerisms are derived from critical role, as she openly states.

I should probably clarify that for most of us this is our first D&D campaign. How did we do?

My current group doesn't really.

I've got a graphic artist and his wife, both late 20s with two kids, he's average built and she's curvy at best, what I might call mom and dad bods.
Then I got an lawyer, early 30s, who was a track runner in high school and college and keeps running, although not as hard as he did in school. He ran three marathons last year, including the Boston Marathon.
Then there is my wife, mid 30s, who has been on the heavier side since our second kid but she's started going to the gym since they got in school. She works as a nurse for a dentist office.
And I'm mid 30s working for a construction company that does road work for the state. I'm not ripped, but I am muscular due to my work. Most of us are sociable, my wife being the shy one in the beginning, and none of us have anything weird we do, except maybe still watch anime and bedroom stuff.

>this is our first D&D campaign. How did we do?
Looks fun.

>a lot of her mannerisms are derived from critical role, as she openly states
Nothing wrong with that. Play what you enjoy. It takes a couple of campaigns to really find your stride as a GM.

Here's a bit of a better breakdown.

>Splo
Know each other from the Marine Corps, I was his team leader and we hung out a fair amount. Funny guy, old /b/tard. He's now in the army after not really digging school after the Corps. Usually plays either melee murder machines or wizards. Power games to an extent and blatantly rips off fictional characters for backstories, but it's funny. Has had issues with weight, but he lifts a fair amount.
>Doc
Older brother of AN. Home schooled. Divorced. Know him through T. He's a data scientist and kind of reserved, but not overly so. Was GMing when we all started playing, usually plays healer type characters or any niche that no one else seems to want. Well written back stories. Tall and skinny.
>Kyr
Younger brother of Doc, so also homeschooled. Currently works in bill collections but is applying to a ton of law schools and getting accepted all over. Has a girlfriend he lives with that occasionally plays with us too. Enjoys playing a character concept that he thinks is interesting more than any particular role or power gaming at all. Very well written backstories and such, he was an English major. Keeps writing out different worlds to run in different sytems. Weight issues that he's trying to control.

We're all IT but I'm probably the stereotype of fat nerd. The others are two ex-military, Mexican metal head, and other.

> neckbeards and failed normies
> neets and engineers
> fat and skinny guys

We are walking stereotypes. They are fun as hell tho, wouldnt change them for anyone.

>Wash
Was also in the Marine Corps, but didn't serve with Splo or I. He and Splo met when they got to same army unit and discovered they were both Marines. Is married with kids. Has ran a couple games with mixed results. Runs combat experts usually. Not sure what he looks like, he and Splo are in Korea and we use Discord.
>Me
Aforementioned Marine who is married, a day, just graduated, and in the hiring process for the DEA. Fairly new to table top stuff, 1st character was a druid who I played as an ecologist in Pathfinder, then Space Wolf Runepriest in Deathwatch, and a Dragon clan bushi in L5R. I usually take some melded inspiration from a few different fictional characters, create a concept, then try and make them so they're neither gimped to hell or ultra power-gamed. Kyr plans on running a Sprawl game soon and I'm rolling up a hunter that's a mix of generic noir detective, Geralt from the Witcher, and the Houndmaster from Darkest Dungeon(worked it out so I can have a dog-drone type thing). Currently running our Delta Green games because I know a fair amount about intel operations, law enforcement procedure, and I love all things Lovecraft. Need to get back up to fighting weight, fast metabolism and I get smaller when I don't exercise.

Like I said, we're all pretty big nerds overall, just slightly different varieties. I'm the only non-weeb, Wash and I also play 40k, all us Marine anons are gun nuts, and pretty much everyone is avid video game/sci-fi/fantasy afficionados. But we also manage to not be total social rejects either.

You tell me, we play online
>gm
The youngest of us. Likes to go horse riding. Loves to gm, can be very imaginative. Recently had a falling out with some IRL friends, can hold a grudge. Rather short but well built, already has a beard that puts my puny goatee to shame.
>player 1
Eldest of the group and my gf. Short, fat and not very attractive but i love her. Very religious, strongly believes in god but can see the fallacy in the church. Very smart and extremely sensible and perceptive of people's moods and intentions. writes and reads and astoundingly high quantity of Harry potter gay fanfictions. Despite this she's not sexually proactive and we have a terribly low amount of sex.
>player 2
Me, second eldest of the group. A guy with a degree in cinema working as a butcher. Overweight, average height. Still manage somehow to not be a ball of fat. Pretty outspoken and provocative. I like to joke a lot, and most my jokes are pretty offensive towards people/races/society. Also kind of a bully. I am told people find me abrasive and don't like me until they start to know me, then they love me.
>player 3
Second girl. Overly violent, vulgar and direct. Is bisexual but hates men, had a crush on my gf for a while therefore hated me for a time. Up until recently couldn't take a joke but now calmed down. Can't play for long because she's going deaf and prolonged use of headphones might speed up the process.
I have never seen her, so i only know she has dark hair.

Main Group
Electronic, Mechatronic, Software and Civil Eng students, play videogames and watch anime but not exclusively, we live in a pretty elitist town so we have appearances to maintain

Second group
Software Engineer,2 Lawyer , the fatguy nerd neet that i met at a party full of horny girls and one guy that owns a construction company

>all but one are permavirgins
>into Tumblr and homestuck shit
>several have legit autism
>all working shitty jobs
>only one could be classified as obese neckbeard
>no one else has a neckbeard
>play pathfinder because I made the mistake of introducing them to 3.5 d&d

Someone tried to choke someone to death with a plastic bag so our dm decided to prove that anyone could easily rip the bag and stop you choking them.

He got a plastic bag and put it on his head and tried to rip it with his teeth.

I have a video but its really autistic

You gotta link that shit.

Pick one. You're not old enough to swim in the deep end yet

What's your problem? user asked a question, and I gave him the answer.

He's just a tranny, pay him no mind

yeah, quite a bit

>DM lives with his parents, can barely hold a job, is in his late 20s and afaik still a kissless virgin, doesn't even have a driver's license or a car, massive weaboo, overweight
>monk's player is pretty much the same except he has a driver's license and his parents have a spare vehicle they allow him to use regularly and is a massive stoner
>gunslinger's player is a dudebro, obsessed with starwars, halo, call of duty, smokes because he thinks it makes him look cool, drinks monster energy drinks more than water. plays all his characters as chaotic stupid murderhobos who try or at the very least threaten to kill any npc we encounter unless he can fuck it
>rogue's player never speaks unless its his turn in combat to hit an enemy or to hit the gunslinger for being a fucking retard. a cool dude all around though, actually has a car and a good job and has his shit together for the most part aside from being almost as big of a stoner as monk's player
>ninja's player is a normie, current campaign is his first time ever playing tabletop. he works for his family's business and is pussywhipped by his wife harder than perhaps any other man i've ever known in my life. always the last to arrive to sessions and the first to leave becasue of that.
>me, playing a witch currently, i'm cynical as fuck and struggle with depression, and drink too much. often called a tryhard and nofun allowed because i constantly have to play backseat dm to keep everyone focused on the actual fucking game instead of letting the sessions derail into six hours of discussion about anime and memes

Please, please show us.

We tend to revolve GM positions from campaign to campaign, usually a campaign will last three to nine months. Meet once a week for eight hours.

> guy1: self employed landscaper/handyman, also teaches ceramics at the community college, potter and glassblower. Really good at art. 100% optimized characters 100% of the time, somewhat adversarial GM, does a lot of [insert race is different]. Notable examples include feudal Japan orcs, Swamp Thing dwarves, cosmic horror elves. Dresses like a bum, bff for over half our lives. Late 20s.

> girl1: married to guy1, camgirl/porn star, does NOT get math, has a wide range of characters she roleplays as. Does a good job going from princess to legionnaire to confused magical prodigy and whatever else gets thrown her way. Definitely a hippie. Late 20s.

> guy2: factory worker, very tall and lean, total redhead; the epitome of "still waters run deep." Complete video game nerd. Somewhat slovenly in dress and appearance. Does hilarious silly dances for no reason anywhere. Tends to run campaigns based off of franchises, tends to play purposefully awkward characters. Late 20s.

> girl2: married to guy2; has a master's degree specializing in language learning disabilities/dysfunctions, works for school district, very well read, also tall, is fluent in three languages. Almost always plays short barbarians. Great cook. Late 20s.

> me: ex-techbro gone back to college to become a nurse, works grocery part time to help pay rent, incredibly average and innocent looking white guy/blend into crowds. Look about ten years younger than I am. Neat appearance. Most well traveled. Will play whatever, tend towards integrating poetry reading and lit in campaigns, really like althistory campaigns. Late 20s.

> wife: ex-insurance, currently in med school, incredibly smart, total Nordic white girl, very thoughtful. Tends to play magic users and healers, doesn't play as much because of med school being a consuming time commitment. Late 20s.

>still mad about pone
It's been 5 years man, if he's still into it he's either a pretty cool dude or a turbo autist

continued

> NEET1: guy1's little brother, has the social skills of a chatroom. Unreadable handwriting. Has difficulty appropriately engaging, 100% optimized characters, usually casters, occasionally hilarious, sometimes gets butthurt. Way too into WH40K. Have spent years trying to get him laid. Early 20s.

> NEET2: married to a woman 20 years his junior, has never worked a day in his life, spent many years homeless, great storytelling, infuriating. INFURIATING. Doesn't believe in compromise. Tends to go off and do his own thing in games/sabotage when things don't go his way. GMs the most and pretty good at it. Has 3 kids, is an unexpectedly competent father. Late 40s.

Weeell, we're all pretty young (all around university level) but I guess we fill quite a few ?

>V: me, fan of political intrigues, glasses and a bit scrawny. Knight character currently trying to unravel the mysteries of the setting. Aspirant GM with little success for now, I'm getting better I swear

>Q: big and with large shoulders but total nerd with glasses. mad DM who will work for hours on end doing all sorts of extra stuff because he's always pushing what he's doing too far (never enough kinda guy). Has a gnognard-like mentality despite being 19, probably because of too many years spend here learning about all kinds of shit. Introduced me to the lebanese forums and is probably reading this despite it being way past his bedtime

>P: total bro with Q for at least a decade, and quite nerdy, the tall with glasses type. Plays archers or at least range characters but his most recent one is more buffed than the melee focused characters due to shenanigans

>Y:most recent addition but was a friend of ours a few years prior. Weeb-ish in that he always play kinda anime-tier characters with dumb weaponry if possible ? No glasses, and pretty good looking

>F: resident technology expert, currently studying it. Only guy not white as snow and also only guy with a gf. Confirmed brony, does theater with the DM. Plays for fun and will retell table anecdotes about shit all the time, thankfully he doesn't repeat the same stuff ad nauseam

My group is mostly lesbians

My group is having at a superbowl party without me

Only one solution to this. Eat the king and let the players realize this is not a game.

YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME!?

Anti-stereotype stuff:
>Three couples. Other two couples are married adults. Even split down the sexes
>Well adjusted (within reason, seeing as I hang out here)
>Not spergs, pretty chill about messing up a rule here or there.
>Not murderhobos
>Good roleplayers on the whole
>Food and drink instead of garbage snacks. Srsly, fuckin' bomb-ass dinners, sometimes.
>Good hygiene all around

Stereotype stuff:
>I'm in IT. I'm also probably the biggest autist in the group.
>We play 3.pf, mostly because it's what we had already.
>We love fiction of many sorts, have discussions about fantasy and sci-fi OOC at the table all the time. Various levels of dangerously geeky.
>Most of the players have been playing some variety of rpg for well over a decade.

Dubious stuff:
>Most of the players are >30, only ever have weekends
>GM and another player are teachers; we barely play in the winter.
>Gf is unwittingly playing a character which fits one of my many fetishes. But! I haven't made it weird.

I like my group.