Weekend Warcraft Lore General

Gnome (male) edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

Previous thread:

I think these threads should drop the "weekend" part. I've seen at least 3 different Warcraft threads during the week, and I'm sure I missed some. Who are we trying to fool, and for what purpose? Pretending that these threads are weekend only is just autistic.

they stop getting made after the weekend ends, some times enough people bail on the last thread that it stays up into the week.

There was a warcraft war game thread up over the week but that is not an OFFICIAL patented /wwlg/

oh yeah, this too. There was two other Warcraft threads up at the same time on Friday, it was really weird

There were also a Maiev thread and a Thisalee Crow thread, at the very least. People discussed lore in all of them. There's no reason not to keep this thread going.

the thread isn't kept going throughout the week in order to prevent it from devolving into nothing but shitposting or running for weeks straight until it dies because everything has been discussed
and because no matter how much we talk about Veeky Forums topics, there's usually a ton of video game shit

Hear me, sons of the Horde.

Our proud Horde has become corrupt. Were once the children of Draenor gathered to claim new lands as their own, we now squat in deserts, punished by the internalized guilt of our weak leaders. For who runs the Horde these days? Not the proud warriors of Durotar, but the perfidious race known as Elves. Introducing the Elves into the Horde was the first step into the degeneracy that has cost us so much. Even the hallowed office of Warchief is now claimed by an Elf, who cares not about our traditions and values and instead seeks only her own advancement. And news reach me that even more elves from the Broken Isles are to be allowed into our once great Horde. Soon, Elves will dominate the Horde on all levels and we, the once great warriors that made the Horde into what it was, will be second rate citizens thanks to the elvish infiltration our leaders have encouraged for decades.

We are the Orcish Horde, the True Horde. Take pride into your past and the accomplishments of your race. The great Horde was never defeated in open battle, it were the warlocks who stabbed us in the back in our hour of need. It were the lesser races introduced by Doomhammer and Thrall that weakened us and caused us to rely on others. Resist the elves and their lies. Take back what is rightfully yours. For the TRUE Horde.

So it isn't kept going throughout the week in order to prevent it from devolving into what it factually already is?

t. couldn't get an elf gf

the only problem with the Horde being run by elves is which elf is running it
Liadrin for warchief, down with the Lich Queen

t. elf lover
little shits like you are the reason Zul'jin had to die

>Soon, Elves will dominate the Horde on all levels and we, the once great warriors that made the Horde into what it was, will be second rate citizens thanks to the elvish infiltration our leaders have encouraged for decades.
Kek son, that's already happened. Accept the euthanasia the Alliance brings and end your insufferable imitation of an existence.
Better to die than live as elven slaves.

The orcs are weak and worth nothing on their own. Both times that they were strong enough to try and take over the world, they were assisted by external forces. By demon blood the first time around, and by goblin technology the second time. And both times they failed! Even when assisted by other races, they fail. Orcish pride has no reason to exist because orcs have nothing to be proud of.

Liadrin is not quite as bad an Alliance shill as Baine, but she's getting there.

Stop whining please, Rokhan is an OG from WCIII. And of our OG's, one was undeservedly demonised to make Illidan look better, and the other is leading another race now.

There's an unusual amount of shit-stirrers and pseudo/pol/-posters this weekend.

Maybe the BfA pre purchase brought them back

I just stopped by to visit my friend noobing as a Nightborne, first time I've seen new Hillsbrad/Southshore and I'm horribly disgusted

Cenarion Circle just needs to wipe these Forsaken filthy and their shitty goo out, once and for all.

no. moral greyness.

what is morally grey about chemical warfare?

Oh, fuck off with your eight year old RvB bait.

There is no RvB involved in that post?

Discussing how an in-world faction shouldn't be sitting by idle while another does stuff anti ethical to it seems reasonable.

Unless we are going with "everything that happens after WC3 is shit" lines.

Interesting things that could happen, but probably never would-
>the foresaken's recruitment of necromancers to keep their 'race' functioning eventually brings in a bored Kel'Thuzad. In Sylvanus's absence he administrates the undercity and absorbes Caer Darrow...for the horde of course

The Horde really should have been wiped out in less than a year after the Third War. A bunch of backwater savages with no tech, all pushed to the edge of extinction. Really, they should have been exterminated. Daelin Proudmoore should have been allowed to literally make them extinct. Like, they should all been put to the fucking sword if you know what I mean. Fucking backwards savages have no right to exist in WoW. This RVB shit is the fucking worst. The Horde should have been burned down to the fucking ground a million times. They should have been destroyed without any hesitation, fucking greenskins. There is no logic behind their continued existence. In any realistic world, they should have been wiped out. Someone like Garithos should have come around and driven them to extinction. That's all such a primitive, backwards group of species with such poor numbers deserves. I know I'm not the only one who thinks this. Fucking savages. I don't play this game to worship a bunch of disgusting looking primitives. They should have been wiped out before BC. I'd literally love this game far more if it was Alliance-only. There's literally no reason for the fucking Horde to continue existing or to have ever existed. There are few things worse than the way that Blizzard has depicted them as flawless, wonderful good guys that can do no wrong. Orcs, tauren, trolls, they're all so primitive and simple that they have no right to exist in an Azeroth with humans and dwarves. Literally this game would be a hundred times better if it was nothing but a Horde genocide simulator. I'd love to roleplay a paladin putting the disgusting savages to the sword and burning them all with holy light. Nothing's worse than the way the Horde is depicted as being equal to the enlightened civilization of the Alliance. It's even in the names, the Horde is nothing but a mindless mob of primitive monsters while the Alliance is unified and intelligent.

Oh please. If there ever was a thing that could turn the blood elves against the Forsaken, it would be recruiting Kel'thuzad. Hell, it would probably piss off Dalaran too.

would Sylvanas tolerate Kel'Thuzad? She remembers him from her service to the Scourge and knows that the destruction of her homeland and her death were all to resurrect him

This, t b h.

Illiboy nailing Maiev would be better than any of nonsensical shitflinging.
kys my man

BAINE?

I like to think they'd be constantly fighting to be the one on top.

Highly unlikely. There isn't another character in the world who hates the Scourge like Sylvanas. Moreover, she has a personal beef with Kel'Thuzad - he saved dying Arthas from her, which delayed her revenge by many years. She killed people for lesser slights. The betrayal of Varimathras taught her not to ever trust former enemies.
Now, if she had his phylactery on a necklace and could crush it at any time, she could have found some use for Kel'Thuzad... as a jester.

My thoughts are that utilising the plague to bolster their ranks starting in Cata is a slippery sloap. What was unthinkable 10 years ago could become more palatable. Also theres now a whole contingent of forsaken with no personal history of being enslaved by the scourge. They might not think of it as some unthinkable allignment. Finalky Sylvanus is in it for herself, if she thinks alligning herself with the archlich would keep her from going to the void than she would do it.

Good point. If I were him I would spin it by blaming the burning legion and pointing out that 'i was dead dead at the time'
Maybe remind them that the humans didn't lift a finger to help them

I just want more KT

Big floofy warlocks. Discuss.

Why can't people accept that KT is dead?

he literally isn't?

because his phylactery was not found

i see this and i pull this

though blizzard is pretty much copy&pasting this because its easy to work from it

Honestly, worgen spellcasters just feel wrong. After getting decursed, why not just stay in human form?

because he's alive, mostly

It's not going to happen. More than anyone else, Kel'thuzad was the face of the Scourge and the Cult of the Damned. I'd argue that he was even more visible than the Lich King, even if he was his subordinate. The only people who would even consider giving him a chance are the death knights, and even then it's only because they've pretty much given up any pretense of not being the Lich King's bitch boys again.

He's dead. Deal with it.

Being able to tear through someone's tendons with your fingers is a pretty nice backup plan if someone should get into melee range with you.

t. KT

Hes not dead. You never recover his phylactery in the WotLK Naxx raid.

He's just not being utilized by the devs. I think its been dissapointing how bolvar & the scourge have been handled post wrath. I would have had the spooky army fighting against deathwing snd the scholomance reformed and made into a public alternative to dalaran

>its easy to work from it
>literally what the fuck am I looking at

If he was alive at all, he would have gone back to serving the Lich King a long time ago. His loyalty was always with the Lich King, not Arthas, and his master is feeling better than ever.

TES Cosmology

Or just get a magical dagger

Well if we're going by the game's mechanics of "always swap to worgen form whenever in combat", there's probably some kind of effect spellcasting has on the body that would provoke the beast from them the same way melee combat would. You're drawing power from within you, and the wolf just happens to get pulled to the surface in the process.

Then again I doubt Blizzard gave it much thought, because half the choices for Worgen classes just don't make a lot of sense. They would have made great monks due to their hand-to-hand tendencies and understanding of "inner duality" yadda yadda, but nope. Gotta make them be druids even though there's little precedent for it before they start squatting with the Night ELves.

That I understand, I don't understand what the fuck I am looking at.

I disagree. I think his loyalty is with Arthas. His relationship with ner'zhul was one of coersion (road to damnation), while he & Arthas developed a friendship.

I also think the events of frozen throne imply that he became independant from the LK's will when the LK entered his weakened state, but remained loyal because of his friendship to Arthas. (Also your career options are very limited when you are a 10' tall glowing skeleton)

>implying KT isn't controling every action of The Ebon Hand
>implying KT wasn't Terenas ghost at the end of ICC

It started out as coersion, but by the time he was spreading plague around Lordaeron he was pretty much a true believer. Not cordial by any means, but it's clear from how he spoke of him and how confidently he went to his death that he had a lot of faith in the Lich King.

KT's loyalty was to the Lich King's vision - Arthas' vision - of a unified domain of undeath answering to a single will.
While Bolvar's methods are... intriguing, I do not see Kel'Thuzad allying with some new upstart who doesn't preach the Creed of the Damned. It is a much more lucrative strategy to wait until the living forces of Azeroth and these Ebon Blade "Death Knights" are sufficiently weak to be destroyed by the endless might of the Scourge!

The names are stupid. They don't mean anything. Goddamn Tolkien-wannabe's.

I still have this weak but firm head canon that maiev bedded illidan and she's specting/ already has a child of him

>some new upstart
It's still Ner'zhul deep inside. He got rid of the impatient retard Arthas who nearly doomed the Scourge with his reckless gambits and somehow rebranded the Scourge to the point where it's accepted as a situational ally by most people, which is pure genius.

Well I still think that Aggra is a bitchcunt who cucked Thrall with Garrosh and the little orc kid isn't his. When Thrall realises this he'll realise orcs are fucking scum and goes back to his human roots, marries Jaina, and brings the Horde together with the Alliance into the Union of Azeroth.
Their daughter marries Anduins and Vanessa's kid whose child is then married to Illidan and Maievs child and this final product is the Kwisatz Hederach.

I don't see any proof of it being Ner'zhul desu.

I believe that Lor'themar is Sylvanas's illegitimate son.

>Anduins and Vanessa's kid
I didn't know this was a thing

as the names of tolkien mythos is, but we still like it

Because Bolvar would totally become evil incarnate just from putting on a funny hat...

You don't come here often?
There's Hopduin shipping every weekend.

We're reaching levels of headcanon we didn't think possible

Lich King got rid of Ner'zhul and Arthas, now propably it'll also get rid of Bolvar

There is only Lich King there

He's not evil. He's just righteous in his own special way. This is exactly why we know it's not Ner'zhul, because even a former Shaman wouldn't have the cajones to challenge the Light so directly.

Huh, I didn't know there was a version without Illidong sticking out.

Be quiet, Ner'zhul.

You know what would be more realistic and also a bit poetic? If Liadrin was secretly a daughter of Lor'themar and Sylvanas. Remember, they served together and probably slept with each other. However, an illegitimate baby would compromise their standing, so she was given to another family. Thus, Lor'themar's bringing mana crystals to Liadrin would be a sign not of romantic feelings like everyone assumes, but of paternal affection.

Personalami does sfw, nsfw, and futa versions of everything; it's a level of dedication that's a bit unsettling.

>A Windrunner mating with an elf
Not possible.

I thought liadrin was the ex of lor'themar

SFW personalami > NSFW personalami

that makes it even better

I do not, I always forget about these threads for some reason.

god I love that hammer

I get the feeling that he could grow frustrated and bored with the lack of activity. I like to think hes either doubled down on the spy network that the CoD has, administrating somekind of backdoor ebon knights thing or just said fuck it and is doing the pro hearthstone circut

Not really, people assume he has the hots for her because he ordered to bring the confiscated mana crystals to her house, saving her from withering.

Depends on the subject matter

*avoid being playable for more than a decade*

You can swap that for "forever"
No legs - no playability

just give em something like worgen like when they're out of combat they're highborne and in combat they're naga

also the 2 extra arms are pretty much hanging
also vocal Lorerets would bitch if blizzard changes the naga into something akin to Sea Argonians mixed With WH Fantasy Lizardmens and Maormer to make it playable, and most of these retards don't understand how fucking horrible it is to work on the Inbred that is WoW engine

Stop treading on me, Blizzard.

I know the difference between anger and hunger for dicks, and this is not anger.

We should commission her for some /wwlg/ art.

I wish the Battlemaiden visions in Vashj'ir weren't so clunky mechanically. It was really cool getting some insight into how naga interact with each other.

Quints have spoken.

Doesn't take commissions anymore

so what does he/she do?

probably not, I suppose there's a minimal chance

however this is 100% canon representation of what happened every. Single. Day. For 10000 years

Patreon, seems to be making decent money off people too for a few sketches

Going by the picture I cropped it from, I'm pretty sure it's still anger.

How do game companies go about commissioning art? Pretty sure they don't give a rat's shit whether the commissions are open or not.

well, we have to do this now

So, what should we commission? Vanessa and Anduin stuff?