GenericChain CYOA Thread #2036: Generic Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vB6D-7QIJP8
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDZHFOb0pENkRrakU/view
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So, I've question for the Thread and HeavensAnon/Digger.

If I were to hit up Neo-Hesei Part 3 & 4 could I manage to make a Kantai Collection Gashat that could be used as a vehicle, with the skills that can be bought there? To be more accurate can I make the Gamer of a Gashat do stuff other than become part of the Kamen Rider?

Other than the 40K jumps and Platoon what jumps offer military vehicles, anything with armor that can carry lots of people and/or guns?

Was waiting for a new thread.

Fixed typos, added new reward.

You're welcome.

But I need the other four.

Never should have made that bet. Work is on and off.

Fixed.

You really want to fight Master Luca of the Smug Cat style at their own game? Because that's what those drawbacks and actions will get you.

Rewards that you don't want? Just put those in a corner or something, what game are you playing at?

Stages are not marathon rushes. You can eat, sleep, rest and train between stages.

It does, but it also makes you drunk. Some of us may have issues with that.

No, sorry.

Those matter not to a master of One Finger Death Punch. Judge Master Qian Yin by his size, do you? Git gud, it's only a disadvantage if you let it be one.

▲ ▲

>collect waifus
>be waifu
>both
???

Generic? What is you favorite generic setting? And why don't we have a Walking Dead jump yet?

I just read through Seoul Station's Necromancer, anyone have a claim on that? I think it's got enough stuff for a jump.

>Generic Edition
I think you mean "Delet This Edition", friend.

That's 2037, friend.

You from the UK? Or Australia? Or where?

How bout I SLAP YOUR EDITION, SON?

Generic Isekai is my fave, because I'm a sucker for the isekai genre and it gives cool stuff.

Unironically, Dungeon Maker II: The Hidden War, Sorcerous Stabber Orphen, or Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King, and, of course, off the top of my head.

Both.

My condolences for your horrible taste

I hold to the right to report you guys if you do not stick to the rules, just saying.

I'm pretty sure the mooks of each Gashat are actually kinda like this, each having their games theme, but I'm not sure about the making a ship out of a Gamer since they don't seem to do more than become armor. Sounds like a novel idea though. Make sure to get the programing skills of Dan so you can pull it off I guess, there's a perk for that in both the Jumps you mentioned.

>And why don't we have a Walking Dead jump yet?
Because the show, games, and comics are on-going still, and because some people me have only ever seen playthroughs of the game and not the actual show?

Generic Sitcom is comfy as fug and great for things like helping out in places early on.

I don't think anyone's claimed that yet. If it isn't, please make it.

Vassal Tribe is a great buy from there. I can just add them to my other realms. What all tribes did other people buy?

Deserts of Kharak let's you buy land/hoverships, Arpeggio of Blue Steel has nanomachine warships/waifus, Valkyria Chronicles offers ace custom tanks and landships, Girls und Panzer has a whole bunch of tanks, and Metal Slug is the king of building ridiculously huge warmachines.

What are you favorite (smaller) items? What jumps give the best assortment of items?

RPG Fantasy

Because I'm a sucker for just going on a quest to defeat a demon lord but I was kind of tired of building for Hero BBS every time, especially when I don't know the actual source material itself.

Generic Children's Television is really comfy and nice, plus the Variety capstone is great for anyone going the 'Redeem Villains' route.

Can things like Space-Bridging Blow be learned, or is that just fluff?

Regardless of how much I dislike the person in question that made it, Generic Xianxia reminds a pretty fucking good jump all things considered.

It has the mysticism and drama of the genre, contains all the shit that crops up in those stories, has good writing, has good variety to builds, Companion import's a bit busted but all-told still gud.

Which is why after I had a sleep-deprived stroke of inspiration, Jumper's actual backstory is featuring in it.

Past that, I'd have to say Generic Children's Television is way too good for the feels. Wasn't expecting it.

>zombie Isara

Not cool, man.

Learn to tell what is banter and what is arguing, friend. I'll let it lie. It's in bad form to drag things over into a new thread.

Fighting, I mean you gotta piledrive a fool

>What are you favorite (smaller) items?
Lantern Ring, serves as the base for weapon imports

Question: Vassal tribe is a group of monsters, right? Could I get ghosts or half=ghosts from Danny Phantom with this to help populate them elsewhere?

>Metal Slug is the king of building ridiculously huge warmachines.
I contest that statement and counter with Supreme Commander.

>Never should have made that bet. Work is on and off.
So is that a yes, you dropped the claim or a no, you're doing it still in spite of making that deal?

On a scale of pic related to Aizen, how hard do you illusion, /jc/?

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
>How to Jumpchain
You didn't even bother to change all the names, OP? Shameful display; 1/10.

>I hold to the right to report you guys if you do not stick to the rules, just saying.
user's gonna report us to the mods guys! Stop saying mean things to each other!

I was going to, but I figured the joke was stale enough already.

I really dig miscellaneous utility items, like the prism stones and elemental powders from Dark Souls, lembas bread from LotR, and oculus from Two Worlds 2 (vid-related).

>youtube.com/watch?v=vB6D-7QIJP8

I love food options, man. Booze, too.

>Generic Drive
You forgot one.

Well we've not heard shit else from the user who said he was going to pick it up after shitposting several threads in a fucking row.

Si if you keep screaming at Clover to drop it, we may as well just never get an uber jump.

What about:
Supreme Commander is the King of ridiculously huge warmachines.
Metal Slug is the King of huge ridiculous warmachines.

How would people react to an all female platoon in Platoon?

Nobody has to know, user. There's even specifically a perk for that.

Tide ad

Strange, weird, think you were desperate for troops, and inane if you are also using armored vehicles.

>looking for the God of Highschool jump
...Um?

Imaged

Food items. Although, in the Discworld...
>Unseen University Membership; 100 CP - blah, blah, blah... but you still have your position on the faculty. You also get a guaranteed supply of meals and coal, and your position on the faculty of a major university seems to follow you wherever you go.

Wouldn't armored vehicles make it better? A lack of upper body strength is less important when the gun is mounted on a vehicle.

Imaged, has 'The' before 'God'.

Kanchome

drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDZHFOb0pENkRrakU/view

hear mang, be sure to kick Park Mu Bong in the nuts and bite his nipples

Generic Tide Ad jump when?

How is GoHS imaged and the Twintail jump not despite having vastly more (1 vs.0) images?

can you really call it generic if it's branded

user.

Do I look like I have all the answers.

Top 10 Questions Science Still Can't Answer

Yes

Huh. Thanks, anons.

Except for the loader, in battle you'd be correct. The problem is outside of combat, every crew member needs to be capable for performing repairs and maintenance on the machine. Thus requiring even more upper body strength than some of the other fields. Reloading, track tension, replacing bogies, checking the engine, and sometimes straight up replacing the gun or the entire drive shaft.

How do I become Perfect
The perfect example of any race or species I take in jump

I have a feeling Mikotsu won't like talking to more skeletons, even if they're human skeletons in funny hats. That roll a few threads ago isn't good news either. Would Dive Into the Heart help enough to make up the difference?

Oh, and sometimes the vehicle might get stuck and a log might not be enough. So then you have to go and dig your vehicle out.
Heck, you might decide to dig a whole to put the vehicle in to give it some cover.
So while they might not seem like it, armored vehicles and be a physically demanding job. Maybe not the worst, but it's not very kind.

Ooh, and then there are the times when you have to just pee in a cup or used shell casing cause your on the move or are in enemy territory. Not an upper body thing, but still a problematic thing in general.

I'm not saying you'd have these problems, being a jumper and all. But this is what the normal military world is used to and expects.

Mikotsu as in Mikotsuhime? Pretty sure she'd be just fine talking to skeletons, user.

There is an Innate Talent in Overlord to help with the physical aspect of that.

The goal is to fix the crazy, innit? I don't see how more reminders of the place she's spent the last umpteen years will help.

She's on the winning team now friend. Has anyone claimed a Resistance: Fall of Man Jump? I got bit by the nostalgia bug recently and was thinking of writing up a draft.

Knock this shit off guys
February is not supposed to be spooky

As far as I'm aware, no one has claimed it.

Oh, come on, they're not THAT spooky.

aaaa

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It feels like I closed my eyes a few moments ago to rest after a long day, but abruptly I realize something has changed. Instead of laying in a comfortable bed, I'm upright and standing on what seems to be a concrete floor. Opening my eyes, I'm not in a cabin at twilight, I'm in some sort of massive, nearly empty building, or so it would seem. Oblong, rectangular.

I walk over to examine the nearest wall. Perfectly smooth, slightly warm to the touch, the same temperature as the floor under my feet, the same material. Unblemished. No windows, no doors. Looking upward to the ceiling... it goes up a short distance before it seems to stop. Probably a few stories. The light from the ceiling is diffuse, as if the whole thing is glowing, but not harsh enough to make me squint, so definitely not halogen. No hum from the lights, either, everything is dead silent. Even the faint ringing of tinnitus that I normally hear has stopped.

I walk over toward the only features I see - a long series of stacked shelves, and what look to be a couple of offices behind them, both visually distinct with a set of double doors, set flush against the far side of this vacant warehouse. The shelves are curious - each has what looks to be a piece of black paper attached to them by a bracket. No... some kind of inactive screen? A green dot of phosphor blinks slowly in the upper left corner, and as I walk along the shelves themselves, I notice the robotic arms attached to them. Small robots on treads folded up underneath the shelves, too, perhaps for whatever the warehouse is supposed to hold. One of the shelves has my meager belongings on it - an empty haversack and its contents next to it, a half dozen pokeballs, the folded-up bicycle, the clothes that I had in my dresser.

Please spoiler those images, I'm just scrolling the main page and nearly shit myself.

What is this from?

Heedless of that, I walk past, through one of the wide sets of double doors and wander through the room. A small laboratory or workshop of some sort - tools of all shapes and sizes, some common, some I can't even begin to guess at the function of. Racks of parts on the walls, nuts and bolts and sprockets and widgets and even sheets of metal. The room looks as though it's welcoming anyone to use it, and smells vaguely like a mechanic's shop might. A faint undertone of machine oil and petrol.

Walking back out and to the other of the two, it looks completely different. White tile floor, harsh overhead lighting, septic smell. Definitely a medical room of some sort. Looking around, I recognize an array of medical equipment, from the most basic to the most advanced, and racks of cabinets with each compartment indicating what is inside. Beyond them and the hospital beds are more advanced things - something out of science fiction, perhaps. A number of closed pods, resting at a forty-five degree angle. And one beyond them, a pair of opaque glass doors inset in the far wall with a glowing terminal next to them, as well as a piece of paper next to it.

As I read the screen, it becomes clear. Single-use supplemental body modification, version seven. Doable. I select the heavy build as it describes me best at the moment, after all I always made sure to keep up exercise while living in my cabin, though I am not what one would consider lithe these days. (I'm starting to suspect I might not wake up in that cabin any minute now, all considered.) Body type? Athlete, more or less. And then it switches to another screen, with five blocks already filled, several empty, and the top of the screen indicating another ten points to allocate.

I don't think that being a human skeleton with a funny hat is really going to remind her of the Red Sea, user. Zombies might, since a lot of the Red Sea inhabitants were very zombie like, but a skeleton of an entirely different species, even if that species looks similar, with a funny hat isn't going to trigger flashbacks. Besides, even if it would, Dive Into the Heart should, in theory, make up the difference.

YOU CAN'T STOP THE SPOOKS, user.

Why don't you get acquainted? Hero BBS is great and a short read.

Some of these options are weird. Winged? Endowed? How odd. But I drop two points across the board for the most part - except for appeal and shape, because why? - as well as metavore, which would have served me well up to this point. I pause to reflect, before splitting the remaining points between endurance and speed. The black glass doors snap open, and the screen displays 'enter'. Shrugging, figuring there's nothing to lose, I step inside. The instant I do, the doors snap closed.

An indeterminate amount of time later, I startle awake, and the doors open. I'm shocked by how cold I am, and I shiver as I leave the small cubby, though I start warming rapidly. I remember the note next to the terminal and pick it up, and it explains everything in brief but simple terms. Linked portal access. Gravity controls. Inventory management. The only thing it leaves out is where on earth I am.

I step out of the medical bay and to the shelves, changing. The small robots grab my discarded clothing as soon as I change out, scurrying away to the medical bay, coming back out seconds later with them folded and pressed, and they go back on the shelves. Handy. I tweak the gravity controls - voice commands are handy for things like that - and play around a bit, even having fun in zero-gravity before I turn it back to normal.

And then I open a portal on the wall and step out into a new world.

As I leave the warehouse, a heretofore dark sign within the warehouse lights up with a countdown. 9:364:23:59:59

Hey digger, can I just assume that asking Cia/Lana for help during the Zelda gauntlet wouldn’t work?

...and now I wonder if the way save files in BotW work is by them rewinding time in order to save links ass.

If nothing else, I bet she'd get along with my Vaporeon.

Good shit

Glad I caught this before going to bed. It's a good read, user. Thanks for the post.

Why is the Stranger Things jump in the Gauntlets folder?

Because it fits like a glove.

Take the Polly Oliver perk

Your platoon is a bunch of cross dressing women, several managed to get through training without being drummed out for physical inadequacies and got stuck together in the same platoon in the hopes that they wouldn't get caught (or more specifically that they wouldn't get caught while it would be the training officer's problem if they were). They passed the training he thought, they'll last at least long enough to get caught under someone else's responsibility it'll be fine (probably) he thought.

Jumper uses jumper bullshit and the platoon becomes heroes, the platoon's gender gets revealed at the end and Jumper along with the training officer have some explaining to do. Jumper then fucks off to another setting confident that the whole mess is entirely the training officer's problem.

And that's how a random training officer's career is destroyed by jumper's desire for reverse trap waifus.

Any of the other recommendations are good, but you could also pick the Marquis if you were french. I don't think they worried too much about the gender of their guerrillas

The guy needs to make a race/class supplement or something. 40 pages of (largely) mutually exclusive options is a bit much.

It has become increasingly clear to me at least that our archivist either has brain problems or isn't around anymore. Either way, looking at the absolute state of this thread I doubt we can settle on a new one.

The Captian is awesome for all the work he does for us already. Your complaints about a single misplaced file should not evolve into insulting the man just because of your complaints.

Are there any perks that give plot armor to your allies instead of yourself?

Primordial from Justice League Dark may be of interest to you.

Someone said they were doing a CthulhuTech jump right?

I've noticed it's far from one.

Sure Fire from Waltraute

A long-ass time ago, yes. It's probably open if you want to give it a shot.

>Gotta say, I was trying not to be to pushy, but my curiosity got the best of me, what exactly are these other abilities mentioned?
+Clairvoyance
+Seeing into the past and future, and how/when when people weaker than me will die)
+Seeing life energy, and all kinds of energy and matter in general, supernatural or not
+Microscopic and Macroscopic vision
+Seeing souls
+Seeing the entire light spectrum
+The ability to focus on each individual point in your field of vision from various angles
+Superior depth perception

Plus basically every other sight related ability/perk that wouldn't be too overpowered, so this isn't an exhaustive list. It's all just utility stuff, but as an ability, this is supposed to include ALL the utility stuff.

Yes.

I assume that you'll be able to figure everything out in time.

Do you want it or not? I'm doing it either way.

...First jump, GO!