Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Skaven warhammer-community.com/2018/02/04/next-weeks-pre-orders-bold-warriors-dark-cities/

Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

>Previous Thread:

Does anyone play Shadespire? When I search for posts, it seems like no one is talking about it other than mini sites stating that it's here.

FLGS and GW stores run monthy tournaments with prizes

it's super popular

Let's say, that I would like to play it more often.

Nope

Would anyone play a 3d tabletop game created by GW?

3d animated models that you can re-color on the fly and whatnot.

Either that or I wish Warhammer Total War had a "tabletop mode" that would play out just like the tabletop game, just animated

Dorf Stronk

No. Video Games are inherintly mechanically superior. I play table top because I enjoy miniatures and the tactile experience.

it's missing the ironweld, they aren't dispossessed

I see we have an internet consensus.

Total Warhammer is basically just two giant armies move across an open field and smash into eachother until one arbitrarily loses. It already IS, basically, just like the tabletop.

Nope. Even fewer than play AoS.

Soon

>first person
Settra doesn't talk like that

I wish GW hadn't botched the release of Shadespire quite as much. It was very popular on release, but the decision to stagger out the release over months killed off a good deal of interest.

Barely, but there's also barely an AoS scene around here

I've been away from the hobby for months and I'm only asking cause this is the nicest general, any new releases/rumors for Orks, Orruks, Orcs, or Oarx or whatever, in either AOS or 40k? And besides elf team, anything cool coming for Blood Bowl?

How are FEC paintwise?
Are they hard or easy?
Also, how would Blood for the Blood God look on their hands?

hey, whatsup with the 140$ for four minis deal?

>replacement head
Glorious
>Pigtailed helmet flair
Weird, but looks cool
>Dat Flail
Dat Flail

>ever actual using the hideous GW ghouls

Legitimately has less players than BattleTech and Malifaux.

It's ok to be awful at the game user, just don't pretend you understand shit about it.

Malifaux doesn't surprise me, but Battletech? There's like two grognards per store playing that.

And there's one person only sheepishly asking if anyone would ever maybe wanna play Shadespire with him, even offering to let other people learn the game since he has all of the warbands. At least where I live, that shit is deader than soup.

Frost zombies sound like a pretty neat idea.

I find the Ghouls to be the most difficult due to the model. Horrors and Flayers can get a ton of bits but purely optional. I'd say middle ground. As for hands I just did a double wash of Carroburg Crimson

what can you use instead?

I am trying to fight off the urge to start Beastclaw Raiders as a side army because I'm tired of, between myself and my friends, everyone only playing Order or Chaos. The local GW has an Icewind Assault box the clerk was trying to sell me when I picked up the battletome, is this box actually worth getting?

How big are these guys in reality? I was thinking of proxying them in for Glade Guard, which are tiny models anyway

those are 25mm bases
pic related too is on a 25mm base

Big Morathi tits right in my face

Probably best to get 2-3 SC boxes for raw value, but icewind assault has exactly 1500 pts of various models, all of the BCR range in fact. So maybe, also depends on how averse you are to working with resin.

It's truly disgusting how we've stopped discussing our lewd snek elves.

>lewd
there's absolutely nothing lewd about the transexual-transhumanoid-transfaction "elves".

but I want to see colour schemes of them with lots of marble white, greens, black and yellows.

A fair bit smaller than other GW models, LOTR is 25mm rather than 28mm in scale

The new Total Wars are garbage shit watered down for kiddies. The last proper TW was Medieval 2.

GW has practically reached 32mm scale

we do. it is not played very offten at non GW stores. And there are whole countries that have no or maybe 1 GW store in them. No on is going to spend a 400$ plane ticket to fly to germany to win a 10 euro pin, if he comes up first that is.

not being easily see what gender or race something is with just a glance, is the very definition of what lewed is.

I wish GW made the starter boxs cheaper or made the cards and mats free online. Then maybe in places where there are no GW stores, the game could find followers. no one is going to spend a ton of money only to find out everyone else needs their own starter too, if they want to play. its a type of move GW did with WFB, and it killed the game.

Pale blue grey skin. Snow bases. Bits of ice or icicles stuck in them. Yeah I can see it.

>GW doesn't produce these lovely cobble bases en mass

Are there any alternative ghoul models? Nothing really screams 'flesh eating madman' in the GW range.

i saw a kickstarter for a game that was basically that, i dont know what happened to it though

What the fuck is with GW's scalecreep?

Holy shit just because it gives you a bigger canvas doesn't make it okay.

Lol noob

Heresy miniatures do the best ghouls. Might be on the small side though.

Goblin warriors from the Hobbit range. That's what I'm using

Can we just change the name to Age of Skaven yet?

ironweld are mixed human/duardin, doesn't count

Anyone looking forward to stacking -1 to hit debuffs with both Moonclan Grot netters as well as the new Spore Squigs?

-2 to hit will be so awesome

Age of Sigvald or no fucking deal.

>32mm scale

Action figure scale

Age of Spittlegit is incoming. The Spiderfang have almost completed their web between realms.

How many races dominate the skies?

Is a fleet based KO list (non-competitive) playable?

1500 Points.

Skyport: Custom Skyport
- Artycle: Master The Skies
- Amendment: Always Take What You Are Owed
- Footnote: Without Our Ships We Are Naught
Endrinmaster (140)
- General
- Trait: Fleetmaster
- Artefact: Autotinkerer
10 x Arkanaut Company (120)
- 3x Aethermatic Volley Guns
- 3x Light Skyhooks
- 3x Skypikes
Arkanaut Ironclad (440)
- Great Endrinworks: The Last Word
Arkanaut Frigate (280)
- Great Endrinworks: Incredible Self-healing Hull
Arkanaut Frigate (280)

Just try it, user. It's not like you won't have everything in that list if you're playing KO anyway.

I have no KO and hate every other non-hero model.
So would start (and end) my KO army with these models. It would be a shame if they were an unplayable composition from the start.

It's fairly popular where I am and my home town (both different provinces)

Earth, Fire, Air. I wonder when we are getting water dwarves

What's a good way to make some blood knights without buying their kit? Are there any models which would fit a count as just fine (With some conversions), or should I stop being a cheap fuck and pay £60?

Dragon blades and maybe the von carstein upgrade sprue.

How big are Kairic Acolyte shields? I am considering using them as discs for my Enlightened (but the models are old school Tomb Guard)

Dragon Princes of Caledor

Fyreslayers are also Earth dorfs tho

Cut the balloons off the KO ships, fluff them as deep sea divers. They look for wAUter.

Please tell me this is part of something longer.

I'd imagine water dwarves looking like they came out of 20,000 leagues under the sea, so yeah, that would be pretty close.

If you are just counting campaign mechanics the new ones have just as many. Though I agree that some of the ones that have gone away were really good.
Besides that sieges are worse, battles are shorter, naval combat is gone, and diplomatic options are fewer. Thankfully some of those things are remedied with mods.

That being said the actual units and their field AI has gotten better. Claiming anything else is just your nostalgia speaking.

Yes, 3 videos longer, but it's blood bowl.

Why can't games workshop do maths? Their systems only use one type of dice, it's not hard to work out.

It generally gets its own thread when it does get talked about

KO- air
dispossed- earth
fyreslayers- fire
???- water

Then everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Not
>Then everything changed the fyreslayers attacked

And were easily repelled because they didn't wear armor for religious reasons and faced guns, artillery and airships.

lol there's no realm of water

dispossessed are irrelevant also

Is there any other reviewer out there other then GMG that has made a review of legion of nagash yet?

I'm fucking starving for more info!

Not that I've seen. I really want to know if the Legion of Blood gets any vampiric battleline

no new battleline as far as i know

Anyone hoping that the grot battletome gets launched without any hype or warning whatsoever? e.g. the Malign portents storyline continues as currently and then at some point BAM surprise grot attack in whatever realm the humans live in, sacking a bunch of cities whilst everyone chases after the spooky ghosts in the realm of death.

The Grand Legion has Grave Guard as battleline, and morghasts if you take Nagash

Been playing 40k for years but recently I've become interested in starting an AoS army.

I love skeletons and ghosts so was looking at getting some Death stuff.
I just wanted to check here and make sure they aren't an awful army.
Also do you guys have any advice on what to get aside from a SC! box?

>awful

That's a strong word, but they are definitely towards the worse end of the spectrum.

whilst what
said is true, the new legions of nagash book due out this weekend might help them out, it seems to have at least one subfaction focused on buffing skellymans, so there's always that.

Acording to GMG in the comments, you can declarey you are "soulblight" while keeping all the LoN stuff, so hopefully vargheist. He has flatout said they can take Bloodknights as Battleline in some way or another.

Now, the question is ofcorse are the bloodknights still worth it with no point changes (still 260) and no banner... But that's a fear for later.

The new Death book coming out looks like it'll have some dirty shit in it.

Ok cool, thanks for the word up. I'll wait til the new book and see how it goes from there. I'm definitely not in a hurry.

Faction and army allegiances are separate. You get the LoN allegiances in addition to whatever shit your army already has.

I played it for a while but the card/faction pool was too limited to keep my interest. Everyone figured out the best way to play each faction and there wasnt enough variety to keep me going.
The holidays obliterated local interest.

I was thinking about getting the Fyreslayer box, but maybe I'll wait to see if the scene picks up again

Theyre pretty big

Ok Lads, so I need a reason to include her in my Beastmen army - I mean why should a big goat-man-mutant even bother listening to her

Before we found out her rules, you could have found a fluffy reason, but now that GW has revealed that only The Stormfag model actually has a GA wide ability, there is no reason to get her whatsoever. I’m still upset about it because I can’t justify purchasing her now.

Just swap her head out for something more bestial. Maybe even the ghoul king head.

Use her as a counts-as replacement for another, better model.

>I mean why should a big goat-man-mutant even bother listening to her
Beastmen are pretty low-tier Chaos mooks. They'll typically follow any warlord obviously blessed by the Chaos Gods, or anyone strong enough to slap their leaders around and demand the rest submit.

Or maybe they're fucking her, I don't know.

okay here's my pitch:

She's leading a warband of gay barbarians. But they're all very insecure about it and don't want other barbarian hordes to make fun of them, so they struck a deal with this random chick: she lets them pretend that she's their girlfriend, and in exchange they let her pretend that she's in charge. So she mostly just poses around yelling random stuff and looking important while the boys do whatever they want, and after the battle they get to brag to other warbands about how they gang-banged her to celebrate victory even though they actually just suck on each other's tube. And in case someone actually tries to rape her, they're here to protect her. win-win situation

She's their beard, if you will.

How's that sound?

Nice!
I'm hoping the new spells and bonus attacks from blood will help.

Just seen the rules - at first they were like 'there is no problem in taking her in a beastmen or skaven army' and now this. Thanks GW...

>57803276
Never heard of gay beastmen tho...

>57803255
>57803260
Thanks for your ideas but I thought about using her as the shit shes supposed to be

>Never heard of gay beastmen tho...
well now you have

run with it!

Slaneesh is trapped in Shadespire

Daughters of Khaine will get an Underworlds warband later this year