Why do so many of the things posted on here read like fever dreams where nobody acts like an actual human being?

Why do so many of the things posted on here read like fever dreams where nobody acts like an actual human being?
Even benign things tend to escalate into "and then the whole bus clapped" territory.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Because we all are leaving living in our own fantasy worlds.

What the fuck do you think an actual human being acts like?

Anyone who's lived on Earth for any length of time has experienced people doing far more unbelievable things than what happens in RPGs.

I'm pretty sure that every fa/tg/uy is just trying desperately to role-play what they think is a "typical" fa/tg/uy. That, and trolls trolling trolls.

What the fuck are you talking about?

This is the weakest fucking bait I have ever laid my eyes on.

>Why do so many of the things posted on here read like fever dreams where nobody acts like an actual human being?
Gamers are a group that tends towards the offbeat.

They want (You)s and they want to feel like the epic cool guy

I just want validation from faceless people on the internet. Is that so wrong?

Yes, stop making retarded posts of made up shit and get your life together

That is possibly the best picture response to OP's question.

/Thread

But making shit up is all I know. 12 years on Veeky Forums is too long.

Fine, autismo, people are weird, I'll give you that.
What I mean by act like a human being is that most stories posted here have most or all participants acting like exaggerated caricatures dreamt up by the author, to the point of sounding more outlandish than a Tom Green film.
Also, less related but people keep insisting they know shit about systems despite very obviously never having played them, or maybe even an RPG at all.

Let me sample you a few OP's

"What race is the best waifu material, Veeky Forums?"

"Confess" (complete with a wojak meme pic)

"Is it possible to kiss an orc girl without injuring yourself?"

"I have an uncontrollabe urge to hug Emperor and suck his cock, he caters to my long haired muscular anatolian men in golden armor fetish."

" Ok Veeky Forums, hear me out. I let my thinker tinker for a bit and it donned on me. Slaanesh lives in a domain of pleasure. But what is one thing she can't do here? Hold hands. Have a relationship. So imagine she takes a random imperial citizen and... dates them."

"Behold! The glorious elven princess. What is going through her mind at this moment?"

"Stat him"

">Be this guy >Transfer to Skyrim How do you troll the setting?"

"Is this true, Veeky Forums?" - Referring to anime pic about dwarven women looking like lolis

And this isn't even going into particular threads or the posts in them, especially whenever there's stories, be they of That Guy or of shit that never happened.

>confused that people have site lingo and use different diction than in real life
Do you have legitimate, clinically diagnosed autism?

Because it is human nature to seek validation.

Don't forget
>Filename threads
>tg "creates" x setting
>giantess fetish threads
>that guy threads
>magical realm threads

>duuur what is site lingo?
Okay, let me use "real world" terms: you're a judgemental little retard. Happy?

>What I mean by act like a human being is that most stories posted here have most or all participants acting like exaggerated caricatures dreamt up by the author, to the point of sounding more outlandish than a Tom Green film.

Because most of those "epic" greentext stories that get passed around here were fabricated on the spot.

>Also, less related but people keep insisting they know shit about systems despite very obviously never having played them, or maybe even an RPG at all.

Because Dunning-Krueger syndrome. They know a little bit about a system, maybe they skimmed the rulebook once, and now feel entitled to hold forth on it as if they were experts. It happens everywhere, it's just more noticeable because RPGs can be very different when you set the book down and actually play it at the table, versus just reading it and imagining how it would go. That means there's a big divide between real play experience and a theoretical understanding which highlights it when somebody's only got a semblance of the latter.

Which makes for some of the most hilarious of arguments.

Sure, your wizard can theoretically do anything. In play? Not so fucking much.

bump

>Why do so many of the things posted on here read like fever dreams where nobody acts like an actual human being?
Most of them aren't real. Some are just attempts to gross people out, more are just anons jacking off to lewdposting, some are people just trying to be funny, some trying to get you mad, others are fiction to illustrate a point. I often make up stories for fun, though I hope anyone reading them realizes they're obvious falsehoods and were made to amuse or illustrate a point.

Half of this board (the roleplaying half) is about inventing characters and making up stories on the fly. It should come as little surprise that many of the stories posted are made that way.

Veeky Forums is full of compulsive liars. Most just want attention, like Brian Williams.

because human beings encompass an infinite spread of great and terrible, and if you ventured outside your basement more than once a year you might meet some people who exist outside your microcosm.