Why Dwarves are strong despite being manlets but Goblins suddenly are weak because of their size? Fucking retarded

Why Dwarves are strong despite being manlets but Goblins suddenly are weak because of their size? Fucking retarded.

Muscles

Strongfat v skinny twitchy crack heads.

and what's stopping a goblin from being muscular? Oh let me guess it's another episode of
>hurr we Veeky Forums faggots never play any settings that don't resemble a generic MMO we hate all deviations from the norm, every warrior must be an utter dumb fuck, every rogue must be edgy and every world needs Orcs, Elves and Dwarves!

kill yourselves

Density. Dwarves are broad and have high muscle mass.

Goblins are weak because they're underfed cave-dwelling crackheads. They're scrawny.

Okay then, man. Go and GM a game with strong Goblins or scrawny weak Dwarves. Whatever you like, my dude.

Muscular Goblin is basically a short Orc. Aside from that, you asked a general question and you're angry that you got general answers? Come on.

There's nothing stopping you from having a buff as fuck Goblin.

A more pertinent question is why you thought it was ok to kill a thread just to show off how much of a brainlet you are.

>Muscular Goblin is basically a short Orc.
which is what fucking Orcs were in LOTR

WHFB more or less said Goblins become Orcs if they survive long enough too.

But again, ask general questions you'll get general answers.

>WHFB more or less said Goblins become Orcs if they survive long enough too.
where?

Do you even lift gobbo?
Go back to your goblin den you green, inbred parasite.

Why are short races like halflings, dwarves and goblins even a thing? How do they overcome the reach disadvantage? Especially consider these races are rarely depicted with spears but taller ones, like elves, are.

They get Veeky Forums

they don't, they get shit on

>Why Dwarves are strong despite being manlets but Goblins suddenly are weak because of their size? Fucking retarded.

For some reason that exist but is not stated because you arent playing a hard fantasy game

fucking retard

Dwarves and Goblins both originate from similar fairy folklore, so they're both small, secretive humanoids.

Dwarves are associated with mining and smithing. That's why they're always ripped, especially in the upper body.

Goblins are a more typical evil/trickster fairy, They're skinny because they don't train or perform honest labor. They steal food, livestock, clothing, money, etc. They kill you with clever tricks, not honorable combat. Even when they have supernatural strength or abilities, they're also fragile creatures that can be banished with simple charms or rituals.

>we Veeky Forums faggots never play any settings that don't resemble a generic MMO
So, Warcraft? Warcraft gobbos aren't weak.

fuck what folklore said, I don't recall any eastern european legend about vampires mentioning they springle in the sun yet it happened, fantasy creatures change over time

Plain untrue.

I don't know man, I'm an eastern euro and vampires feared the sun in the faerie tales I read as a kid.

Weird.
I've never thought of goblins as weak (relative to humans I guess.)
I've always thought they were similar to primates

>I don't recall
that's because you're a dummy who wants to be angry about irrational things

You can change it if you want. I got nothing against reinterpretation. Folklore is a twisting evolving thing, not some ancient canonical text.

My point is that dwarves and goblins are depicted in a certain style because of their different lifestyles, not because "small guys are weak" or "small guys are strong". If you want to have buff mining goblins or flimsy aristocratic dwarves, go for it.

Because you haven't written some.
You need nothing to use your imagination.
There is no correct form for a creature that doesn't exist.
Quit being lazy and demanding and produce what you want yourself.

>Goblins suddenly are weak because of their size? Fucking retarded.
I thought goblins were always portrayed as strong relatively to their size, similarly to apes.

Dwarfs were made from stone. The dwarf god left the mold he used to shape dwarfs unattended in his basement. Some fungus was growing in there, and it eventually coated the interior of the mold. That's where the first goblin came from.

Run your own game then, pussy. You won't, so shut up. Bitch.

Yeah similar strength to a human of the same size at least. Often leaning towards being wiry and low body fat, especially if it's a goblin society where they are always fighting each other for every little thing.

On average they aren't going to be able to arm wrestle the average human, but probably keep it going long enough to stick a knife in the humans face while they are distracted.

Are goblins the Finecast of races?

A chimp could easily break a human's arm despite being smaller than us tho

This, Goblins in Warcraft are surprisingly strong, which is part of the reason why the trolls used them as mining slaves until the rock they were mining (re)made them intelligent enough to revolt against their troll masters.

Holy shit you're several centuries old? Damn better take your word for it then.

I think a big thing has to with them them being weak ass first enemies in a lot of shit so regardless of them being scrawny little shits or green men who are just manlets the general consensus is "they suck".

a lot of people have made good points here, but I think it also has to do with the size difference between them.
Dwarves are often depicted as being short, by human standards, say, 4 and a half to five and a half feet, but goblins are frequently depicted as being more on par with halflings size-wise. Just my two cents.

Dwarves are medium creatures, goblins are small.