Your party after their latest quest has found pic related amongst their loot, Veeky Forums. How badly do things go?

Your party after their latest quest has found pic related amongst their loot, Veeky Forums. How badly do things go?

>How badly do things go?
Not bad at all. In fact, nothing happens besides them crumpling it up and throwing it in the garbage. They might question why they bothered to pick it up in the first place, but other than that it's not even worth remembering.

First of all, what the heck am I looking at?

Second of all, probably nothing since most of their PCs aren't even literate and are not going to try to wrap their head around a form of encoding that hasn't even been invented jet.

I'm a bard with something like +40 to their preform skill.

I finish it and wonder why someone decided to curse such a bad piece of music.

>First of all, what the heck am I looking at?
"On Mount Golgotha". An immensely memetic visual hazard that compels anyone who looks at it (doesn't matter whether or not they're literate even) to tear their bodies open and try to complete the composition using their blood. It's allure can be resisted so long you aren't TOO close to it, but any closer than say, 10 or so feet, and you're fucked.

Dear God why? Well I hope the fact that my players are in the starting holes for becoming Demi-Gods will help them.

>Well I hope the fact that my players are in the starting holes for becoming Demi-Gods will help them.
Eh, so long as they can resist it to the point that it can't force visions of "St Alagadda" into their heads, they should be fine for the most part. Leaving it unchecked though will end in bad times for everyone.

I hate to ask, but why for everyone ?

This is why;
>A hill again, under skies of darkness. Three figures, raised high above a crowd of humanity.

>On the right, a slave to base desire. A predator: hungry, lustful. Uncaring of consequence. Spiteful in its damnation. Its music is frenzy.

>On the left, another slave, looking for freedom through plans and designs. Analysing the predicament and trying to reason a way out. A thinker: denying the base motives of its companion, of its own past self. Its music is calculation.

>These two bicker and spit, their melodies clashing in raucous counterpoint, as the crowd below looks on.

>The figure in the centre is above the other two - apart from them. Beyond them. Their petty squabbles are nothing. The outcome matters not. At the appointed time, the melodies of raw power and cold reason will no longer hold any meaning. They will be absorbed into an infinite song - into the coming perfection.

>The central figure is the centre - it is everything and eternity. It is not a being - it is existence. It is called a saint, but it is not holy, it is holiness - it is the stuff of which gods are made. No-one can find it, but all are guided by it. No-one can know it, but all will feel it. It has always been, it has returned, it will return again. It is outside time. At the appointed time, time itself will cease to be.

>And all will come together in perfect harmony.

It's heavily implied that should the composition ever be completed, "St Alagadda" will rise and all of existence shall be unwound and absorbed into its "song". The only real saving grace here is the fact that the score seems to require utterly ridiculous amounts of blood in order to complete itself, and most individuals trying to do so will likely die long before they can even reach halfway through it.

This is some SCP shit isn't it?

Yeah, but it's part of the 1-5% of the actually good stuff that can be used in ttrpgs.

Well, well, well. Someone figured it out. Congratulations, applause for the winner!

That shit is going straight into chaos if I tell my players.
Glorantha chaos mind you, not "parental-issue" 40k Chaos.

I dunno, what's the save DC, and what kind of saving throw? Wisdom? Charisma? Based on it feels like it should be Charisma.

It would be some combination of both Wisdom and Charisma in all honesty. Charisma in order to keep your 'normal' personality in the things presence and enough Wisdom to know not to tear your own flesh open to use your blood to complete an obviously evil music score like a retard.

>but it's part of the 1-5% of the actually good stuff
no it isn't

Okay, so...what's the DC? Keep in mind that even Tiamat had saving throws for her breath weapons cap out at DC 27, and there's serious doubt in the 5e community that a 4-man party of even 20th level characters could fight her and win.

Hmm, not sure what it's DC would be really, but it quite likely scales depending on how close you are to the thing and how well you can observe it. If you're 20 feet away from the thing and you can't see it well, then it should be pretty easy to pass the check, with each saving throw getting progressively harder as you get closer to it, with it likely becomes near impossible to resist once you're close enough to touch it.

>Yeah, but it's part of the 1-5% of the actually good stuff
Doesn't sound like it.

All warforged party - no blood - what happens?

Don't warforged have a blood-like fluid in their system to lubricate their body or am I just wrong on that?

Even without the blood, it could likely still compel them to to find and lure/kidnap others in order to complete it, and given what most warforged are like, I doubt they could last long against the thing and its mental fuckery.

> find something at random
> look at it
> commit suicide with no ability to resist

I smack the GM upside the head for introducing something so silly, unless there was a lot of warning and/or ability to save the person.

>memetic visual hazard
Literally the worst kind of SCP bullshit.

Let me guess: you also have to kill/rape/torture 20 humans per day to prevent it from ending the world?

Nope, they literally just keep it in a box.
"Special Containment Procedures: SCP-012 is to be kept in a darkened room at all times. If the object is exposed to light or seen by personnel using a light frequency other than infrared, remove personnel for mental health screening and immediate physical. Object is to be encased in an iron-shielded box, suspended from the ceiling with a minimum clearance of 2.5 m (8 ft) from the floor, walls, and any openings."

It's a mind-affecting spell.
So you know, just pack anti-mind affecting items.

The coffin thing is basically just a phantasmal killer curse.

>When you realize the vending machine could make you immortal if you just ask it for Vampire blood, Unicorn Blood, or basically fantasy world items to deposit and the Foundation didn't pick up on that possibltiy
BRB Hourai Elixer

>unless there was a lot of warning and/or ability to save the person.
It's actually pretty easy to tell if it's taking control over them. If they start babbling about "a beautiful sympony", or an "eternal chorus of the outermost infinity" and then start looking for shit o cut themselves with, you should probably try to stop them.

What if the character doesn't have blood?

Mmmm. Bacon.

Can it be destroyed?

Then it likely just starts shoving visions into their head of St Alagadda and the like, before compelling them to lure fresh lambs so as to complete the score in their place. Though, so long as somebody wages to snap them out of it before they reach full "IHAVEHEARTHEVOICEOFGODANDITISMUSIC"-tier, they should be fine.

Certainly. But given it's nature, and the fact that the piece is implied to have been behind the unexplained deaths of numerous musicians, poets, authors, and scholars over many, many years, it would inevitably either be recovered from some obscure crypt somewhere as some form of lost history, or someone would have a "spark of inspiration" one day, and then they're found drained of blood with a piece of sheet music next to their corpse. Best to just lock the damn thing away where nobody can ever be exposed to it, really.

The foundation usually doesnt destroys weird shit even if its evil and dangerous unless its extremely hard to contain, or at least thats how it worked back when the site wasnt run by snowflakes

If I was a thief... I would take notes

>I would take notes
Carlos.

Weird, I felt no such compulsion. Do I have the autism, Mr. user?

true, and the last time somebody tried to destroy an SCP, another association called the G.O.C they fed a chair that literally just teleports to somebody if they need a seat, into a woodchipper.

After that, the wood chips still were alive, teleporting themselves into the lungs of any human in the vicinity. their contained now by not bringing any loud machine-like noises nearby it, thus stopping it's self-defence mechanism to be triggered.

Kinda sad really, it was just a helpful chair.

>Do I have the autism, Mr. user?
No, St Alagadda simply knows that you would offer no benefit to it, whether it be as a sacrifice of blood or just as a mere follower of the song. Only the best bodies are chosen to Dr their blood to the song, those who are strong of will and soul. You on the other hand, most likely stink of desperation, failure, broken dreams, failed dating/flirting attempts, neckbeard-dom, mindless shitposting, and other unwanted things.

lol good one user

>suspended from the ceiling with a minimum clearance of 2.5 m (8 ft) from the floor, walls, and any openings
Because that will really make sure no personnel suddenly develops the ability to look through a steel box.

Has there ever been a time when SCP wasn't just derivative, tryhard nonsense cooked up by X-files fanboys?

>D&D

Some of the safe class ones are neat little ideas, but they're all pretty derivative.

So it's from LoFP module or something?

Weird, so far it sounds like shit.

this

Gotta have some way to conduct those tests you know. All for the greater good and whatnot.