Is there a good medieval setting where there are guns and magic?

Is there a good medieval setting where there are guns and magic?

Other urls found in this thread:

paulgorman.org/roleplaying/dnd/misc/LotFP_Rules_and_Magic_Free_Version_without_Art.pdf
wikiwand.com/en/Hand_cannon
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Deadlands sorta fits the bill.

Is there a good gun setting where there are medievals and magic?

Deadlands is indeed a great game, but it is definitely, definitely not medieval.

WFRP

3rd edition, not the stupid one with the proprietary dice.

Why is there no fucking Dark Tower RPG?

Is there a good magic setting where there are guns and medievals?

Stephen King is a pretty chill dude, I bet anyone who wanted to invest in the universe would be able to get the license from him with little effort.

3rd is the one with stupid dice. You mean 2nd

Lamentations of the Flame Princess if you don't mind going slightly old skool

How does magic work there?

It's a revamped version of Basis D&D, so the magic is vancian

paulgorman.org/roleplaying/dnd/misc/LotFP_Rules_and_Magic_Free_Version_without_Art.pdf

Not exactly medieval, but I think Ravenloft has a Nice balance of both.

Warhammer Fantasy.

Not a game, but there’s a book called “The Incorruptibles” where firearms were achieved by sealing demons inside of bullets instead of gunpowder. The firing pin released the demons containment and its explosion into freedom propels the bullet, with weirder, scarier demons being required for higher caliber or velocity.

WHFRP 2nd Ed
Lamentations of the Flame Princess

Wait, ravenloft haves guns? i am player throug curse of strahd and there isnt a mention about guns anywhere

You mean, like real world?

Glorious

Technology in Ravenloft varies wildly from Realm to Realm. Paridun definitely has guns.

Paridun?

Do you think WFRP 4TH edition will replace 2e? i am thinking in waiting for it

Zweihander

Zweihander is nothing but the Warhammer version of Pathfinder. It didn't fix anything, it just replaced some of the old problems with new ones. Stop spamming it.

The given setting in Song of Swords has magic and guns. And one of its supplements has gun magic, Equilibrium style.

Iron
Motherfucking
Kingdoms

Mentioned it fucking once... don't get buthurt

is song of swords that game with detailed combat that no one plays?

mmm i dont remember this one

You know what...?
I apologize. I was in another thread at the same time and the game was mentioned by six or seven "different" posters. I got you confused with them. So, again, my apologies.

The game itself is still GW's Pathfinder, though. I hold to that.

Game set in an industrialized fantasy setting. Some really good ideas in it unfortunately married to the D20 system

They made their own system and did a second edition of the IRon Kingdoms RPG. not D20 at all, but I wasn't a fan.

I didn't know that. I only ever saw the D20 one. What was the basic mechanic?

Don't apologize about Zshit! It's shit and people who like it are shit.

On topic though I haven't found a medieval setting that does guns well.

In a properly medieval setting you won't find good guns. wikiwand.com/en/Hand_cannon
They were too slow, heavy and and inaccurate in the beginning to be good for personal use. Handguns as we think of them didn't appear until the very end of the medieval period, and even then they were heavy and bulky and required rests to put them on while in use.

You won't find plate armor in a properly medieval setting either. Most game settings take place in a very confused classical/medieval/Renaissance mish-mash that has no idea what the fuck it's doing.

Word.

Roll 2D6, add stat. There were ways to get bonus dice, and other ways to add to your roll (having a mechanikal weapon, etc.) Characters pick careers that determine what you can take for skills, perks, and so on. It didn't really excite me, personally, and after spending almost a decade with the D20 version, my group found it didn't give us what we were looking for. We wrapped our IK campaign and have gone on to other stuff.

Anima

Interesting. I like simple and bland systems that let you focus on story, so this sounds like it might actually work for me and my group. I'll have to check into it. Thanks.

>and magic
is there something you'd like to tell the rest of us about user

I played it myself...and wasn't a huge fan. It's not bad but it's basis in the wargame hurts it in a good number of ways (Like it's skill system being completely vestigial/barely functional)

>skill system being completely vestigial/barely functional
Ouch. Maybe I'll forego it, then. There's more to (simulated) life than combat, after all.

Remember that normies only know RL through the shitty 5e port.