Dragon Ball game where players are saiyan warriors working for Frieza

>Dragon Ball game where players are saiyan warriors working for Frieza
>no super saiyans, just laser battles and giant monkeys in space
What's the ideal system for this? Should I try GURPS?

Also feel free to give adventure ideas the saiyans might engage with.

I think someone suggested Mutants & Masterminds in the last DBZ thread we had. Or some other superhero system.

>Also feel free to give adventure ideas the saiyans might engage with.

Pretty sure it's mostly going to be "go to this planet and wipe out its native inhabitants". The Saiyans were not sent on complicated missions, and the Saiyan mindset won't really allow for complicated solutions to problems.

Mind, there were other alien races in Frieza's army, so it's not like the Frieza Force as a whole isn't a possibility. Just not Saiyans, or at least not an entire group of them.

Oh, also, on a related note, remember that canonically there's only 10 years between the Saiyans coming to work for Frieza and Frieza deciding to blow up Planet Vegeta.

Did they ever explain why part sayain part human were superior?

Why would you wanna play an evil campaign that will just end with you getting genocided by the bad guy you worked for?

S-cells.

S-cells are what allows Saiyans to be powerful and go super saiyan. There is a specific number of them in the body upon birth, and some have more than others. The reason Gohan was so strong in the beginning of DBZ despite being untrained and young was because he had more S-cells in his body. Hybridizing Human and Saiyan DNA seems to increase the number of S-cells you're born with.

Honestly that's like saying "half breeds are more powerful because they have more 'I'm more powerful cells' in their blood"
I don't get why some people have a problem with S-cells, it literally didn't change nothing.

You get the natural ki abilities, zenkai, and ability to go Super Saiyan of a Saiyan; coupled with the Human ability to raise one's power level simply by getting angry or determined enough.

Like, for the sake of argument say a Saiyan has a power level of 1,000 (inb4 power levels are bullshit, it's for the sake of example). He might be able to hide energy from detection, but his cap is always 1,000, unless he undergoes training or a zenkai to make it stronger.

An Human, by comparison, might have a base PL of 1,000, but when he gets pissed off that PL could skyrocket to 2,000 or even higher.

Wait, where the Hell did S-cells come from? I pulled from memory of the actual explanation given in DBZ, or at least the Kai dub. I don't recall them ever mentioning S-Cells.

S-cells are a concept from Super, but their meaningless.

About your post however
>Human ability to raise one's power level simply by getting angry or determined enough
I'm pretty sure this is not a thing.

Even if it was that doesn't seem to be a thing unique to humans as even Goku and Vegetables are shown to be stronger when angry/determined.

>I'm pretty sure this is not a thing.
Humans are at least somewhat unique in that regard. The entirety of the Saiyan and Frieza sagas are chock full of enemies being shocked when the Z-fighters are able to raise their power level.

So basically he was just born better because. Alright.

You cannot get off Toriyama's wild ride.

I might be remembering something from a pre-Kai dub, admittedly.

>The entirety of the Saiyan and Frieza sagas are chock full of enemies being shocked when the Z-fighters are able to raise their power level
it is bullshit lorewise but no one from Frieza Force knew changing (or sensing) one's power level was a thing, and that's the only reason why they couldn't do it.

Of course Super introduces mother fucking MIDICLORIANS to DBZ.

It was really more of thier ability to actively lower thier power level. Freiza and Co just walked around with thier dicks out so to speak.

CARNAGE AMONG THE STARS
It doesn't do much as a system, but what it does it did well
>going from planet to planet and murder all the natives
It's pretty simple so you should have no problem with adjusting it for sayian shenanigans.

Your S-cell number can change, tho, so it's a useless concept. Half Human Half Saiyans were always sopposed to be more powerful regardless

That's not something that seems like it should be out of bounds for a hybrid. Plenty of crossbreeds/hybrids do things like grow larger either parent breed/species would.

There was also this notion that the human genome helped mellow out most of the bloodthirsty/ruthless tendencies of the Saiyan race and not impact their fighting potential, so that a half-Saiyan, Half-Human child could have critical thinking in combat and still be stupid strong.

Gohan (because lets be honest here, he's the one we're talking about here) got pretty damn lucky with the genome lottery and got basically the best traits of both the human (natural ki abilities, emotions can impact power level) and Saiyan (zenkai, raw power level base, Super Saiyan abilities) races. Combined with the fact that he has been training and fighting in life-or-death situations his entire life up to Cell Games and STILL hadn't tapped into his raw emotions, was why he was the first to go SSJ2.

Remember, Toriyama wanted Gohan to eventually replace Goku as the next "hero" of the DB universe - and the Cell Games was meant to represent this passing of the torch - it's just that people liked Goku more as a character due to his simplistic nature and pure heart that he swapped back and let Gohan sort of de-power himself even after Buu Saga.

Super tried to make Gohan relevant again, but again, Gohan's personality is one that doesn't want to fight because he likes a challenge; he knows he's probably in the top 5 most powerful mortals in the DB universe, and doesn't want to harm anyone on accident.

Conversely, Trunks and Goten seem to be the "average" hybrid in that they have strengths and weaknesses of both races (Trunks has that desire to fight and get stronger, but also the ego of a Saiyan. Goten has the raw power, but sees everything as a game). Part of that is due to their upbringing and the fact that they are still kids, but if given enough time to train, could probably get to Gohan-esque levels of power by adulthood and still have a desire to get stronger.

I think it's cool how they made pure blooded saiyans so obsessed with fighting they compensate not being as OP as half-breeds by non-stop training.

Frieza specifically hid his power level, at least in the sense of spending most of his time in 'forms' that severely limited him.

I always regret that Gohan wasn't able to defeat Buu. Especially after this line:

>BUU: "So! Have you come to fight me?"
>GOHAN: "No. I've come to kill you."

Making Gohan into a guy who doesn't fuck around would have been great. At least Future Trunks kept that trait.

>the best traits of both the human (natural ki abilities, emotions can impact power level)
>emotions can impact power level
that's not a human trait

It's not human exclusive, but humans seem to get more bang for their buck out of it.

That wasn't him hiding his power level, though. Frieza kept himself in lower forms because the closer he got to his original form, the less control he tended to have over his power and his sadistic streak; plus at his absolute maximum power the drain on his body was immense so he could only maintain it for a few minutes at most.

He wasn't "hiding" anything, he just never felt a need to leave his 1st form - after all, even in his 1st form he was nearly three times stronger than his strongest minion (Ginyu) at his absolute height, and worth over 441 Raditz (or over 29 Vegeta at the time of Vegeta's arrival on Earth)

Humans - given enough training - can hide their power level and sense the ki in an opponent. The main reason behind this is because it's tiresome for a human to walk around at "full power" 24/7.

Most of the other alien races are born with a higher power level but don't have a desire to grow stronger or hide it. Part of this is due to how Frieza Force just subjugated half the galaxy and only took the strongest of each race based upon what their science told them was strong. And the other part was that if anyone started to get too close to actually be a threat to Frieza (ie., Super Saiyan myth) he would just blow the planet up.

Frieza walked around in his "first" form because even in that form he could kill anyone he met with a Death Beam. His "true" form was something that probably only Cooler and King Cold knew about, and they kinda looked at him like a freak because he had the ability to transform so many times.

I've been watching the super sub and I can't recall hearing anything about S cells.

I'm pretty sure the people talking about that stuff like it's canon are full of shit.

> GURPS
Try Hero/Champions.

For Future Trunks specifically, he grew up in a Dragonball-less timeline when 95% of humanity was killed off by Androids, so he lived on the run with the last bastions of humanity with Future Bulma scrambling through the wreckage to find the parts for a time machine. And all the while 17 and 18 are killing anyone they meet and blowing up towns and cities because they can't fulfill their primary goal of killing Goku. So he's been fighting for his life since he could walk.

Let's also not forget that in his timeline, Gohan was the only Z-Fighter to survive and would 1v2 the Androids nearly every single time and get away with his life. With one arm no less. It wasn't until young Trunks got cocky and tried to help Gohan that he died (which is what triggered Trunks enough to make him go SSJ1 and take up the 'defend humanity' role until the time machine was finished).

After going back in time and helping with Cell, he went back to his timeline, bodied the Androids, then kept training until original Cell tried to kill him, one-shot Cell, and STILL kept training because he didn't know what else to do when he wasn't helping humanity rebuild.

Okay I'm listing possible ki abilites with different effects a saiyan warrior might use:

>a barrage of ki blasts, can target many targets
>a blasting ki beam, chargeable (kamehameha)
>a piercing ray (special beam canon)
>a slicing blast (destructo disc)
>a laser knife hand (whatever salza/black does)
>an explosion from a distance (whatever Nappa does)
>a kamehameha FROM YOUR MOUTH
>piercing rays FROM YOUR EYES (not sure if saiyans can do it tho)
>self destruct (chiaotzu, majin vegeta)
>an explosive blast you can set and trigger
>an aoe attack where you make ki blasts rain from the sky after shooting them up
>a blast that strains the user (like the tri beam)
>a blast you can change direction of on the fly (to avoid things in your path. maybe you can attack multiple times, like Yamcha's spirit ball thing)

so what he found them rolled up most of space and then fragged them? all in ten years?

He was doing the planet conquering thing for a while before he found the Saiyans. Since his dad's in on it with him, it's probably a hereditary empire.

I've thought about this regarding a homebrew I never got around to finishing.

I think for ki attacks you've got a couple basic forms they all fall into:
Beam, like the kamehameha or dodon ray.
Ball, like big bang attack or basic ki attacks, can be refluffed to cover discs.
Blast, any big cone of energy.
Burst, AoE centered on oneself.
Blade, a melee ki technique, could be refluffed as a non blade ki strike like Dragon fist.

Beyond that you could just add traits that distinguish different techniques:
Charge, spend more power (and maybe time) to get more damage.
Piercing, gives penalties to block attempts and DR.
Seeking, penalizes dodge attempts and allows a reroll (either on the same target or a different one) on a miss.
Lingering, continues to damage the target or affected area.
...and so on.

Really, a type with a few traits and a bit of fluff can cover nearly everything we've seen.

beerus told him to do it

>Strong female barbarian type
>Violent and evil
>Muscle THICC

>hey Tomata, hear me out
>what is it Sweepotata
>why don't we almost kill each other
>wait what
>I mean we have this senkai bullshit that nearly doubles our power level every time we nearly die so like... can you just kinda kill me, throw me in heal tank, and I'll do the same to you?
>hmmm... okay sure brah, let's try it out
>3 days later
>Tomata and Sweepotata have destroyed Frieza and are now on their way to shit all over Beerus

Thank Kami saiyans aren't that smart.

Beerus can literally delete someone from the universe. Good luck fighting that bullshit.

Beerus allowed him to blow up the one planet

The zenkai is weird. After fighting on Earth it put him over Dodoria and Beauty Zarbon but not Beast Zarbon, but then after getting his ass handed to him by Beast Zarbon he was still well below Jeice, Reecome, and Burter, nevermind Ginyu - so that's a fairly reasonable progression. But after getting beat up by Reecome he was suddenly at a level capable of stalemating Frieza's 1st form, which is an impossibly huge leap in power, and then after *that* he got pushed to a point stronger than Frieza's 3rd form.

The zenkai seems to be...unreliable, is my point.

Vegeta tried that on Frieza and got his shit kicked in for it.

He's full of shit, it's some stupid magazine article from Japan that nobody gives a fuck about. It's no more canon that that stupid bullshit about Tien being an alien.

For missions/quests you could be going around blowing up one of frezza's rivals or blowing up some kind of resitance group, half way though frezza could bite it leaving your vegtable monkeys to fend for themselves against other warlords who are trying to fill the power gap or trying to deal with vengful members of frezzas family who know he was killed by a saiyan.

Is this a real saiyan typing

I don't see how beams and blasts are any different.
>can be refluffed to cover discs
couldn't also the blade, by making it ranged?

otherwise nice post