/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2018/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/to-the-stars-and-back-to-the-ground-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Are there any images you have on hand that you'd like to see added to the Creation Kit for ease of access? Not sure if anyone actually uses it, but there's no harm in expanding it, and I can't spend all day messing around in GIMP and/or searching through the archives for all of the older pictures used in opening posts.
>New Geist preview
theonyxpath.com/all-souls-day-preview-geist-the-sin-eaters/
>New Deviant preview
theonyxpath.com/variations-on-a-theme/
>General Creation Kit
mega.nz/#F!FWJgBTbb!f7d5rARWHYzuI8-8aI-Bxw

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!FWJgBTbb!f7d5rARWHYzuI8-8aI-Bxw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for the best clan

What Clan / Bloodline could reasonably have:
>Protean
>Fortitude
>Presence or Dominate

I'm Ventrue

so did the onyx path kill WoD once and for all?

2/

Yes

the fuck are they doing

They've sure been trying the last few years.

why do they want this

It's been dying since '99.

3/

Looks like some Fomori shit.

Probably because most of the employees are the kind of people who think people with different opinions than them shouldn't be allowed to live. Like Rose, and RIchT. They also can't take any criticism on their product without labeling it as attacks on them personally. They are just too far up their own asses to do anything but kill it. Or make it all a shitty trans metaphor that doesn't really work and makes trans people look like monsters.

For those interested, preview 3

>Or make it all a shitty trans metaphor that doesn't really work and makes trans people look like monsters.
I noticed it too. They seem to forget that the point of WoD is that it's a world full of monsters

which clan is diabeetus

Tzimisce

Lies

It isn't me who is corrupt, it's the nature of this whole rotten Earth. You feel me?

No

Is Beast at all relevant? I never hear anyone talk about it. I think it has come cool ideas

The mechanics are trash, the antagonists literally can't do anything because the author wanted them to all be weak ineffectual MRA's because he was too incompetent to keep his bigotry out of his writing.

Rose is gone from Onyx, anyway.

She wasn't the only one writing in weird trans and gay characters. Though I do think she was the one who kept making straight people villains.

>Implying straight people aren't villains

Its just so weird they aren't even aware enough of their biases to even slightly keep them in check in their writing. They just think its completely normal to be a giant bigot, and think being monsters is some how good for the image of their agenda.

It is so easy when you're evil

If /pol/ has taught us anything, it's actually pretty normal.

Does /pol/ write books where they claim to be open accepting people while still dehumanizing people they don't agree with? They seem pretty aware they are filled with hate and far less hypocritical about it. Its far more honest.

>mein kampf

Face it. WoD stinks. We only play it because we force ourselves to enjoy it.

Pol didn't write that you retard. They aren't literally Hitler despite what your psychotic political views say.

Hey guys i'm up to getting the new "anniversary-edition" of Mage: The Ascension in german. But before i waste round about 100€ i would like to ask if you could tell me a littlebit more about the setting and the system (especially about how exactly Magick rules and how the mechanics works and so on).

Im not new to the WoD but i'm sadly not very deep into it and it's lore so i hope i can get some qualified information from you guys!

I have never laughed so hard at a post on the OPP forums in my life

In m20? They don't work. Just buy an old copy of revised or 2e.

I fucking hate Phil

Its not just organized poorly, its also mostly written by a hack. Near everything that previously /did/ something or impacted the game (Like merits and flaws) are all just fluff with nothing behind them. Its utter trash. Its poor organization is so far down on the list of problems its not even funny.

Only because /pol/ is about as organized as any "anonymous" group can be, ie not at all, with no adhered to methodology or belief outside a handful of repeated memes that are as often stolen from other boards (cuck and soyboy were not created on /pol/ but adopted by it).
Saying /pol/ means anything outside of outrageous herp derp "politically incorrect" trolling is silly.

I was browsing really old wodg in the archives a while ago and found anons cheering that Phil was back on mage

>preview 3

I'm not liking the new FATE-esque Storypath system. Hopefully, the Aeon-specific second edition setting and psionic updates will be sufficient great to compensate.

Also, it's disappointing to see the equipment section without any samples of Aeon-period biotech.

What the fuck. He was never good. He did take a bunch of credit for other people's work on older books though. That's how I got tricked into supporting m20, I thought that fat goat fucking piece of shit was actually involved with the stuff I liked about mage. Turns out he isn't, and is literally crazy and thinks RPG books will make you evil ala Black Leaf.

How good are changelings at dealing with undead, be they generic zombies, Ghosts and Vampires?

CofD changelings have no specific powers to control, manipulate or overcome such entities other than regular combat and related abilities.

There's no real Moros or Sin-Eater-equivalent among changelings, at least without supplements.

HM I see.
Welp time to abandon that court idea I was developing.

You could certainly develop custom courts and mantles to with death themes, there's just nothing in the new core.

2e Changeling really killed all of the unique cool abilities present in 1e changeling that made it such an open game.

So where exactly are the Demons Baali summon from?

M20 isn't as bad as people say it is, but it's still the worst out of all the 20th Anniversary Editions and is a living hell to read through. Phil's a fucking retard and wasted valuable page space in an already ungodly long book on useless information so he could cram important content into supplements (more extensive rules and examples for doing magick in How Do You Do That, merits and flaws in Book of Secrets, etc.) instead of letting people just buy the corebook and be done with it. Personally, I'd recommend just going into the pastebin and downloading the M20 PDF from one of the MEGAs; if you don't want to pirate it that's fine, however, you should at least peruse it and see for yourself whether or not you want to purchase it first -- think of it as a trial or a demo I guess.

This is the modern day main book, no reason for it to be there. The super science stuff looks cool though and you're in luck! Kickstarter hit a stretch goal for vargs, and those came in biotech in 1e at least

Oh yeah and also another stretch goal upcoming for biotech in general it looks like

So I don't have to abandon my idea, that's nice.
I'm in the process of making Greek themed changelings/courts, the idea being that each court is based off of a particular divine figure or hero that they emulate and worship in their own way.

This particular court follows Heracles through his labors and their emotion is Suffering.

Rotgrafen Ventrue in VtR have Animalism Dominate Resilience and Protean. I assume fortitude is like resilience

... okay, where the hell is this image from? Every time I've seen this thing, I've been unable to find the source on it.

No idea. My guess is from nothing, random art from a random artist.

this looks like something out of cthulhutech, care to elaborate for a foreign user lurking in this board?

The art isn't related to the game, but æon has things called VARGs, Vacuum Assault and Reconnaissance Gear, which are giant robot suits. Like everything they came in hard tech and biotech.

Tricky question,

In the older editions it used to be that they were mostly Umbral spirits that posed as demons though in the 20th anniversary edition it seems they drew inspiration from Devil's Due (as opposed to Demon: The Fallen) and retconned these demons to be the ones mentioned therein. Which works awkwardly at best, since Demon the Fallen doesn't exactly tie together with Devil's Due as there exists a lot lot of inconsistencies between the lores.

Trans people are monsters.

Even if that's true, the writers are so up their own asses they don't even realize they are presenting them like that. They think they are presenting them as not monsters. That's why it's such trash.

Your dick is a monster. That's why people avoid it like the plague.

At least I have one

I'm just waiting for the news that Rose abused somebody since that's the only way you leave opp. You don't leave because your useless and nobody else will hire a opp person.

I want to run a 'being human' style game.

No over-arcing plot, no great prophecies, no politics.
Just a slice of life with a bunch of dysfunctional supernatural roommates.

Bad idea yes/no?

It's all fun and games until the Get of Fenris frenzies and murders everyone in the room over a bowl of nachos.

the mental image that conjured was awsome.

a blood splattered living room and wi a shitty sofa and cracked tv. on it plays adventure time while an 8 foor tall chrinos werewolf shovled doritos into is maw with bloodstained hand, tail thumping on the couch like an excited golden retriever.

You do realize that most tabletop folks jump to other industries, right? She just took a job somewhere else, like how all the old White Wolf guard are at Ubisoft or MMO companies, and how Chuck Wendig writes novels full-time now. Even David Hill's working on mobage.

There's this one book for NWoD which has a bunch of psuedovampire monsters like that thing that flies around with organs hanging out of them and that has a clan of vampires that eat fat and not blood.

I found freak legion fun for a laugh.

There is this one way to create sunlight which is good for vampires though.

That has multiple writers. Which bits did he even write?

Good-looking Gangrel or ugly Ventrue.
Also Caitiff.

Ahrimanes. I don't get it but hick cat lady cultists get Presence.

>Brucato wrote Freak Legion

Dear fucking Gaia. This explains so much.

Rotgrafen, Oberloch, and Adrestoi are all bloodlines in nWoD 1E that have those three powers as well as Animalism.

No one cares about Requiem.

Where is the shitty trans metaphor? I haven't been keeping up with Onyx Path but this.... sounds like something they'd do

Is Fate still a hard counter to 2e changelings?

>mega.nz/#F!FWJgBTbb!f7d5rARWHYzuI8-8aI-Bxw

>check the General Creation Kit
>none of the ones you made are in it

Depends on edition. In 1E which I'm most familiar with, there are like two kiths that interact with the undead, and a single Contract (shade and spirit) which does ghost stuff. But the Contract is honestly pretty redundant in how it functions, unfortunately. Summer Court lings can create sunlight, which fucks up (nearly all) vampires. That's really the extent of it though.

If you upload the files you want added then I'll put them in.

Night Horrors: The Wicked Dead, and you're thinking of Formosae

Much as Spirit is to Spirits, Death is to Vampires, and Mind is to Goetia.

if anything they revived it

>Trans people are monsters.
I think you are looking for

Alas, I never saved them since I never make these things. Other people have used them, though. The Hotel Transylvania one and the What We Do In The Shadows one.

Autistic werewolf, or 8 year old werewolf?

Does the guy from Cloudy with a chance of meatballs seem like an etherite?

There aren't that many mages, by design. And it's not like so many of them would be all that strong. Mage Supremacy is a meme that applies only to Player Characters, ya spergz. :^)

Yes. Yes he does.

Hey /CofD/, I noticed in WtF 2e character creation that a Rahu Blood Talon gets the Strength shadow gift twice. Does this stack or provide a bonus of some sort? I might be missing something or it could be you just lose out on a shadow gift.

>Slightly over a thousand Mages during the 90s

Ridiculous.

We talking CofD? The populations are kept in check by the Watchtowers. That's why there's constantly an equal distribution of Paths. On the other hand, the Orders are entirely uneven.

it'd be funnier if it was an 8 year old metis. he just wants to watch cartoons and eat junkfood but Gaia's Rage won't let him.

hell

next question

The rest would be familiars, consors, acolytes, and whoever they've got running the day job and the façade. The Progenitors need regular pharmacists, drug designers, biologists, chemists and geneticists. -- And criminals who volunteer for medical experiments. There is also mention of drug dealers, prostitutes and such. (All the conventions talk about needing technicians.)

Deviant when?

How do I recreate her in mage complete with capturing new cards?

.>at least 500,000 mages
>there aren't many mages, by design