Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2042: Autistic Screeching About Counting Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

BY GOD, BOY, I WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO COUNT.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tgXufFVxYAg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He killed the cash cow. Half-Life.

He's not selling steak anymore. Left 4 Dead. Portal.

He's selling soyburgers - something that isn't even meat or anything resembling the product he initially created. Steam - a platform that sells others' games. They get a percentage, and they do nothing else.

What was the last game you saw a new Valve game? Like, an actual game, not a card game or some bullshit like that. 2013?

It's dead. It's dead and gone. Sorry, user.

Anyone a snakeman here?

I probably do need a hug, yeah. :< Thank you, user.

Three: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Identity: Eevee
(+200) Painful Powers
(+300) Antiglot
(1400) Multitalent
(1200) Map Surveyor
(950) All-Terrain Hiker
(550) Hyperkinesis
(350) Warp Seed Bag
(0) Reviver Seed Bag

I've been busy, the last several years. Found a nice girl, settled down for a while, but it seems that we're on break now. And by 'it seems', I mean 'she decided'. And by 'she decided' I mean it would have been nice if she'd let me know first, but... well, I won't bore you with the details, but this is going to be a rather permanent break. The warehouse has been a pretty darn useful thing though - and considering everything I've gone through in Empire City, with all the crap I've seen, I've had opportunity to do some very interesting things. For starters, I can open a portal on any surface that I touch - I can open two, actually, if I really want to. Not three, though. Or if I feel the need, I can open a single much larger portal. Honestly that's more useful of a superpower than the concrete.

Not more useful than the boost to my physical capabilities, though. I'm an honest to god superhero, except this is a world where that's a baaad thing, so let's not think too much on that right now.

Empire City is starting to come back to life, ten years after I've arrived. Some of what I did did some good, but quite honestly exterminating the warlords was more effective than anything I could have done otherwise. And thanks to that, I don't have to worry about cash at this point - after dealing with the gangs, I jump dumped everything of theirs into a portal. I went into the warehouse, found the bodies stacked in one place, everything useful belonging to them on the shelves. And all the crap they had stockpiled, that got thrown in too. Once it was sorted... I took everything that I would definitely NOT want out of there. Drugs? No thanks. But there's a few motorcycles and a couple of cars that I managed to squeeze through the portal.

I was a snekgirl in X-COM, if that counts.

Seems that when I'm not in the warehouse, time kind of stands still too, odd as that is. Things that were cold stay cold for instance. Tested that out with ice cubes. Undocumented feature, but pretty nifty for things like first aid kits and what have you. Though it's not really a big deal - I salvaged plenty of appliances for refrigerated storage. The robots even use them appropriately. Even turns out that I can have them deliver items to me that I want, as long as they're catalogued.

And so I'm in the warehouse, puttering around and working on one of the motorcycles when I hear a buzzer sound. The big clock counting down in the back hit zero, and I didn't even realize it was due quite yet. The two portals to Empire City snap shut, and I'm stuck in the warehouse again. Well, I always had wondered what would happen when time ran out. Now I know.

The clock resets - ten years again, it looks like - and my perspective shifts. Because I remember myself remarkably taller... and standing on two legs rather than four. On the far end of the warehouse, a new portal opens.

Just great. I stockpiled the warehouse with useful goods, assuming I'd be here for a while, and now practically all of them are useless to me.

I notice that one of the shelves seems to have a few more things. I peruse it... a few useful things at least. The robots deliver the two bags from there over to me, as well as the backpack I had gotten while I was dealing with pokemon. After fiddling with the straps (an awful lot) I was able to at least make it useful for myself. I grab my pokeballs for good measure and open a portal - I catch a brief reflection of myself from a nearby car in the warehouse, and snort. An eevee? Really? The irony of that, considering I ran an all-eevee team before. Or well, a team that evolved from eevee. But I can't delay forever - I step through, into a new world.

Running into another eevee as soon as I tumbled through the portal was just hilarious happenstance, but really, it turned out pretty well. It took me a second to understand what was being said... except being a pokeglot from the first change in my surroundings kicked in nicely, which meant that... I have the weird feeling that I shouldn't be able to understand anyone, and technically I understand everyone around here like I'd understand people in France as a visiting tourist? And I have a really weird accent when I talk to folks, it seems. But at least that pays dividends here.

In any event, once I was in a secluded enough spot, I got the rest of the crew out. And spent the next ten minutes being laughed at, because now I was one of them, while everyone excitedly chatted with our new friend about the fact that we came from another world and how I wasn't even a pokemon but a human. (And then we spent quite some time explaining what in the world a human was... but I digress.)

It turned out that a lot of what I could do, what with being strong and hard to hurt and healing quickly, carried over to here. And this was pretty handy - it meant that if something was particularly dangerous, I could take point and make sure that nobody else was put in severe danger, though I'd end up much worse for the wear if I was too active in front. Still, all told, this was quite handy. Between the eight of us, we assembled two rescue teams - blue and red, for my tongue-in-cheek amusement - after having rescued a caterpie in the woods. It seems there was quite a bit of misfortune going around in the world.

And this wasn't a world that frowned on heroes - in fact, it seemed to practically encourage it.

And I had seven friends at my side, all of whom were as committed to being a hero as I was, on an even more equal footing than we'd been before.

>snekgirl in X-COM
>"Better call down to the research labs. We've got a new body to dissect."

This analogy needs some work. They killed their cash cow because they found an oil field (Steam). It's often toxic and dirty, and they let people just take a dumb anywhere on it, but it still gets them more money than any game would ever give them.

Don't be ridiculous. An oil field is a thing that was already there. They planted a field of soybeans, my friend.

But I agree, it is not the most intuitive analogy in this instance.

What's the timeline on the core DCAU shows?
Batman the Animated Series, Superman the Animated Series, Justice League/JL Unlimited, and Batman Beyond?
Batman tAS says it starts in 1986, but I can't find any other numbers anywhere.

How do you fight a sentient memetic hazard?

Amnestics, obviously.

No I don't mean cure yourself from, I mean to tangibly struggle and defeat it.

Close your eyes, scream "LA LA LA LA" at the top of your lungs and flail your arms like you're trying to bring attention to a car dealership. Either you slap the shit out of it when it tries to attack you, or it gives up and runs away from a visibly crazy person.

Use a memetic on them directly. If they can comprehend, then they're vulnerable to memetic hazards themselves.

Yeah, that metaphor isn't great. I wouldn't say they're selling soy burgers, that implies they're still selling food of their own creation. It's more like they went from being their own restaurant to just being a delivery service for other restaurants.

But I don't wanna turn into Dragon Ball Super

Violence.

Punch wizardry. Everything loses to fists.

Well you see-

...huh. Okay, didn't think of that. I'll just say they count as double Marine for the purposes of the import.

I have no idea, man. When people have asked the opposite I've said they can pick, but I got no clue about importing into Gundam itself.

You…Blocked? from 8 Bit Theatre
Realm of Myths from Civilization
Stunting so hard in Exalted you keep running into people that are extremely similar to you, because you got a 5-dot cult (fan community) of Pattern Spiders who write fanfics about you into the Loom of Fate (thus creating fan copies of you in Creation).

>When people have asked the opposite I've said they can pick, but I got no clue about importing into Gundam itself.
Well thanks anyway, I guess I can go Gundam before Titanfall and import.
Time to grab Heavyarms and then import it and take Fathoms of Missiles and the Missile Core

>cult of Pattern Spiders
And so the secret to Chejop Kejak's successes in the Bronze Faction comes out. Unproveable, of course, since it's probably hidden behind the breaking of the Mask.

Gundam, no, stop, you shouldn't have more missiles than a ship, this is getting silly. Though it almost made sense in Wing, because there was no ship support for them, and they were all just going alone into enemy territory.

Use the blue and red truths from Umineko

I wonder how many Gundams are lost due to chain reactions from ammo storage hits?

None of them, unless you're counting damage to the reactor given that it's the "ammo storage" for beam weapons. Gundams are protagonist suits, they don't go boom without a dramatic reason.

Ah, I love daytime /jc/

For some reason I hate gundam designs but love zakus

I want to take jaffa as my civ race eventually, anyone have any ideas as to how I would keep the infant goauld larva from turning into evil brain snakes? Im sorta ok with non evil brain snakes maturing or at least making them all loyal to me but it seems the way this is handled in setting of stargate is via masd culling of the children before they mature and I really dont want to do that. How do you stear a race away from being arrogant murderous psychopaths?

Except these are missiles, which aren't powered by reactors. Plus, the particles are bottled beforehand starting fairly early on in UC. Wing I believe doesn't even have particle physics. Plus, there's probably something something gundamium involved to explain why an ammo blow wouldn't destroy the suit.

Well in Wing the Gundanium alloy is stupid strong, basically immunity to everything that isn't a beam weapon, to the point that normal explosives don't matter, and because they don't have Minovsky particles they can't do something like make an E-cap missile. Though I don't think they ever made E-cap missiles in UC but it would have worked, E-caps were shown to be super explosive when struck.

Derive them from Jumper!Goa'uld. The genetic memory of what you can do should scare the shit out of any of them that consider being arrogant.

I assume people worship your jumper.
How are they viewed by those who don't?

Right, that's what I'm saying. They've never been killed by ammo detonation, Gundams only explode from a damaged reactor. Which only counts as ammo detonation if it's one of the suits that draws power diectly from the reactor for its beam weaponry instead of from capacitors.

>Be me
>Be top of my class
>Work my ass off
>log 9000+ hours in mobile suit sims
>get first assignment
>its a zaku with a spear
>punk with no experience off the street is given a gundam

Give it to me straight guys how fucked am I?

Madness Jumper isn't worshipped... This is probably a good thing, as a nanomachine Dead Apostle cyborg with PTSD and a genocidal impulse would make for a very bad choice of divinity.

I have reached the point with my charisma and appearance perks that I'm a memetic hazards, so those who don't like my actions avoid contact with me entirely

What color is your Zaku? If it's red, you're fine. If it's green, you might survive it but your odds aren't good. If it's literally any other color, you're going to be killed for sure.

Honestly? They are seen as good natured fanatics. My religion stresses the values of doing good deeds for others as well as protecting children. The times my scantily clad priestesses have tried to interact with others they are generally polite but often try to over sell my religion a bit. They are good people.

>Extremely powerful being
>Not worshiped
Don't you at least have a court of beings spawned or attracted by your massive power?

You gunna die, like 99.9% chance that fucker is a newtype that's going to space magic his way into kicking your ass. Your best bet is to get some other Zaku in on a rush, where you all go in swinging with your axes, all at the same time now, none of this one at a time bullshit. Don't bother shooting him either, save your ammo for shooting the ship.

Its orange? What does orange mean!? Should I buy our the paint and get to recoloring it?

My companions are somewhat... possessive. Two Sisters from Nechronica and Dead Apostle Satsuki.
About the only "followers" I have are the animal familiars I make use of.
I was considering what madness reinforcing jump to take next just as the Warrior of Chaos jump WIP showed up, so I'm waiting on that to continue - I'll almost certainly end up with followers there.

Oh, actually, orange is okay. You're in Origin, there's so much Zeonwank there that you're probably safe. No one will ever manage to actually shoot you, you're pretty much invulnerable.

Orange tends to be used for four things.
1. It was formerly used for industrial/construction work.
2. It is a specific Zaku variant, meaning it has some attachments and/or hardware that makes it more specialized in one field such as great zero-g maneuverability or a missile guidance system.
3. It is a Zaku containing prototype tech.
4. It is just camo. This should tell you where you will be fielded.

If you can't see any physical changes on the outside, then we can rule out number 2. To find out the others, you have to look at the cockpit and compare it with the standard Zaku pilot manual for any discrepancies.

Phew way to scare a guy. Thanks buddy I was worried I was about to die nobly for my country for a second there.

>standard Zaku pilot manual

Not him but doesnt that usually come with a gun and one bullet along with instructions on how to kill yourself? Zaku pilots are fodder.

Umm, I'm not worshipped.

Firstly, as I mentioned a while back, I've probably built the weakest Jumper out of everyone here in my main chain, their capabilities are derived only from his Chi / Ki, CCS Magic, and Primordial Runes, beyond that, I improvise with creating rituals or magitech or magical artifacts on the fly.

Secondly, I try to remain under the radar as much as humanly possible, either supplying the heroes with gear and/or other things for a price, or fucking off to do my own thing with my companions, or going full covert ops with plans on plans or plans. I'd honestly be amazed my Jumper ever got any kind of notoriety in most Jumps beyond, "That dude knows shit or has some good gear, hit him up if you can afford it, just don't piss him off." Though, I'll have to admit that there are some moments my companions and I let loose, those moments are always fun because I always have some bullshit technique up my sleeve.

But, sorry, I HIGHLY doubt my main Jumper's Worshipped.

My Sailor Moon chain Jumper most prolly is, because Neo-Silver Imperium Royalty who also happens to be a God-Tier Saint-equivalent (Saint Seiya stuff). As for how his worshipper's are viewed? I'd say a really hardworking bunch, I dunno, never really thought about it until now because now that I really think about it, all the Senshi would have more than likely been Centres of an unofficial Religion in the Neo-Silver Imperium Era.

>CCS Magic,

Umm thats pretty powerful

Compared to some of the bullshit we've seen in these threads though?

Depends on the time frame. When the Zaku's first came out, they were beasts. But then the Gundam scare happened alone with the emergence of berserker pilots and newtypes. National pride for the Zaku and it's history prevented people in politics from believe the scare and thus refusing to approve a mass retrofit of the Zaku's to combat the going Gundam crisis. Combined with mass spending on new and failing super weapon designs "cough" Big Zam "cough", engineers decided that pilot suicide would be a cheaper options. A gun with a single bullet was the first thing they rolled out until that became too expensive thanks to continued poor super weapon spending "cough" psycho gundam "cough" so they switched to cyanide caps. That too eventually proved too expensive "cough" Newtype mobile suits "cough" and their largest shipment turns out to have expired. So for the final issue they filled the Zaku manual with the text from all the now failed and unused super weapon manuals, making it large enough to be a blunt weapon. The final page gives instructions on how best to used the manual to bash your own head into a pulp.

>not being night-omnipotent in thirty different ways
Might as well be an ant.

>be an ant
Pretty sure there's a jump for that.

Ok fair enough. I just use a combo of dresden and konoduba magic myself.

My style is more force multipliers. For Example, I have Primordial Runes, but I also happened to have stopped by Circle of Magic and picked up Ambient Magic, becoming a Script Magician that way.

Now Ambient Magic works like this, as you are doing the act / creating the thing the magic is focused on, you can embue it with magic from the environment around you. Four kids canonically used this fact to stop an Earthquake from ravaging their home and turned it into a far-ranging rainstorm.

As I have Script Magic, when I write, I can embue magical affects either in my writings themselves or what I'm writing on, as long as it's a writing system, it's all good. Furthermore, the enchantments made in this process actually grow stronger over time. Now then, what happens when I add this to the Primordial Runes?

It's pretty much like this with my Chi/Ki and CCS Magic as well.

>pic

Noucome jump when?

Reposting the update for those who may not have seen it.

What perks are there to hug people so hard you trivialize their issues and magically fix everything?

I can hug people so hard that they view any other issues as trivial. The cracking of bones and oozing of blood from their orifices often provides a change of perspective.

Hey Ric! I learned something Awesome today! Yes, that capital "A" is not a mistake.

> pic related
Now, Boudica is more or less...well, no, IS the self-proclaimed big sister of the Knights of the Round Table and the Altrias or Arthur, like real talk, she wants to spoil them rotten:
> She loves each of them as her “younger sister” and “younger brother” as if they are adorable cats. Every time they meet, one thing or another, she will look after them and bake for them, saying that she is a relative’s elder sister or a cousin’s elder sister to them.

Then to other British Servants that follow them, they are all her distant children, so yeah, more spoiling and hugging and cuddling.
> “Now, now, you came from quite a faraway place. Do you want to eat galette?”

But that's not the best part. She's 174cm tall, so hella tall, and Lancer Altria is 171cm tall.

She can actually headpat LAltria or LAlter. She's legitimately strong enough to pick up Saber Lily and hug her to her bosom. She's able to mother the heck out Seiba and Salter, and they can't do shit about it without running to one of the male Knights of the Round Table to get them to stop her.

I have no idea why, but I honestly can't stop laughing at the image this conjures up.

There's a perk in Arpeggio of Blue Steel that might be of assistance, check it out.

Despite creating entire races at this point I've taken great pains to keep it strictly to idolizing and super celebrity status. At worst I'm worshiped as a superior being.

Cool, user. Boudica (and doting big sisters types) are great.
Pretty funny how she can treat the whole Round Table Knights as little brothers or sisters.

What abilities allow me to suppress my power from any supernatural senses, appearing as just a muggle? I'm planning on taking photos when the ordinary butler who everyone was taking great pains to keep out of the Masquerade suddenly turns into a 30 foot dragon with ridiculous levels of mana.

My jumper prefers to avoid being worshipped, and will often make it clear to others that he is merely a humble follower of God, not a god himself. Afterall, why would one worship Michael or the Metatron when their existence proves a higher being greater than they that deserves deference

I think there's a few powers like that in Evangelion, as well as at least one one K6BD

>Orange
Holy shit, did they stick you in a Zaku I? Unless your rear echelon and let's face it you probably aren't at this point, you'd have to be somekind of elite sniper to even stand a chance.

>mfw
...aaaaaaand saving each and every one of these right fucking now. I don't know what I did to deserve this but you are a gods damned delight for it. Thank you very much.

>I don't know what I did to deserve this
I enjoy your jumps.
I find your builds fun.
And I think you are a good person who deserves good things.

...and some bullying from time to time to get a cute reaction out of you. But as I said yesterday, I'm done doing that for at least a week.

>until that became too expensive thanks to continued poor super weapon spending "cough" psycho gundam "cough" so they switched to cyanide caps
The Psyco Gundam was a Federation project, user. Neo Zeon just stole one of the wrecked prototypes and repaired it. Given how well it performed, I'd say they probably got a fair return on that investment.

Can tempering done by primals ever be done in a way which is good and doesnt negatively effect the tempered? As a god jumper the idea of auto turning people into worshippers is attractive.

>bullying from time to time
Someone please explain to me how Red doesn't tip over.

Lean forward - Tripod effect?

I may just be a scrub, but whats CCS Magic?

I'm assuming that they're either running on Anime Physics or they have their own gravity, as Mr. Handy often tells me.

Card captor sakura.

I guess Card Captor Sakura?

youtube.com/watch?v=tgXufFVxYAg

I'm getting real fucking sick of getting shot to prove a point.

No.

haurchefant was an ass and deserved his fate.

Maybe, Ramus tempered didn't seem any worse of than slightly fanatical people. I suppose it all depends on how tempered they are, ifrit tempers people to such an extreme degree that they no longer do anything but pray. Ramuh dislikes tempering so his tempered are more or less normal people (cabbages) with a recolor and a tendency to pray a lot.

I can never be friends with you.

What can an Essence 9 Exalted Lunar do? Essence 10 seems to be pretty vague as is, but I'm unsure if Essence 9 is just as vague. Sorry in advance if I'm being an idiot.

Did you visited Soul Eaters? That would get you more madness and clowns that spawn from it.

>I've probably built the weakest Jumper out of everyone here in my main chain
Did you limited yourself to street-level jumps or avoided taking any high-level options? Some jumps have you starting powerful anyway

Do we have perks that allow us to somewhat redeem (ha!) the Chaos Gods, such as making Khorne shift more from Violence and Rage to Honor and Courage? All of them have both positive and negative aspects as parts of their domains, but I think we all know which ones they usually favor the most. Since outright destroying the Chaos Gods may well cause a cataclysm, I'd like to know methods to make them behave better that don't involve a 1 on 4 duel and the surrender oaths of an Eclipse caste Solar.

Anything above Essence 5 or 6 is very unclear and was never explored in the books for Lunars.
Even the higher essence charms that were made for Solars are considered very unbalanced and poorly made and aren't terribly good as reference points.
Basically no one can say definitively what they can and can't do at that level. Fanwank.

I think the shapeshifting in that scale allows you to be a creature in the hundreds of meters of length (if not as big as a city).

>What can an Essence 9 Exalted Lunar do?
Would that even matter? You can't create custom charms for that level. Or would saying that you learned a 'canon' charm (never mentioned anywhere) of that level be valid? As says, there aren't many examples for higher essence stuff in the books.

Understood. thanks for the answer.

If the user making Warriors of Chaos is around, if we import something already sentient as a Daemon Weapon could we have the option to make our weapon's current personality the daemon? I'd even be willing to pay one of the Traits for it. The same request for Black Crusade if you wouldn't mind, Red.

As much as a schizophrenic weapon is fitting for the themes of Chaos, I'd rather not.

NO BULLY.

That was going to be the plan for Part 2. At a cost, like you said.

It doesn't help that you're asking about Lunars, the Exalted type least-loved by the developers. They don't really get anything good.