The BBEG treats his underlings as if they were his own incompetent yet cherished children

>The BBEG treats his underlings as if they were his own incompetent yet cherished children

Bee beg.
Ugh

I'm more bothered by the maid fetish-shit.

Albedo needs to learn about personal space.

Clearly he's a military mastermind of great intellect who read the Art of War. He must consider all possibilities and mainly asks his underlings for their opinions to see how they'll react.

She only hangs out in Ainz's bed enough that her perfume is still there after they change the bedding.

Less talk, more torture.

Can we just settle for using the lolita vampire as a chair?

The only people that should be used as chairs are adorable blonde puppies.

It is adorable when BBEG is nicer dude (or lady) then the party.

Blonde eviserated puppies?

>The BBEG's large adult son keeps needing rescuing.

>It's an user trope-posts episode

Yeah that’s cool and all, but they still slaughtered my entire village and razed it to the ground, along with countless other villages. Your filial emotional ties don’t negate all the awful things they did in your name, you hypocritical fuckwit.

Don’t want people to kill your whacky adorable servants? Stop having them murder people.

>BBEG

*Cringe*

>they still slaughtered my entire village
Clearly they didn't do a good job since you’re still around.

Bloody vengeance-obsessed orphans. GO BUILD A LIFE!

Was that Tuesday?

Your point being?

Pfff yeah, those were your friends and family, it's you fault you couldn't protect them, not mine.

Is Ainz the perfect BBEG?

>unquestionably evil, but not retardedly so
>isn't aiming to destroy the world, just to subjugate it
>moral quandaries in places where he has improved quality of life and protected people, even if it was just for his own gain
>political scheming out the ass
>a host of characterized lieutenants to serve as antagonists on a smaller scope so that not every story is directly thwarting him
>spooky necromancer
>charisma and dramatic flair
>cool as fuck base
>will punch the fuck out of you

Just make him, you know, actually beatable and there you go.

>expecting japanese he-man
>it's just another isekai game garbage
while low tier literature is relented to airport bookstores, in japan they animate fanfic tier trash and they eat it up.
for how long this will go on?

How far did you get? The most interesting part of Overlord is Ainz frantically trying to keep hold of the reins, when everyone around him thinks him of some kind of peerless existence.

I dunno, how long will they keep making reality TV and brand-recognition movies?

>while low tier literature is relented to airport bookstores
Between Harry Potter, Fifty Shades and Twillight becoming global bestsellers you're wrong.

I know that isekai game shit is just that, shit, but honestly the isekai and game bits are minimal. It's not like SAO or Konosuba. I'd say stick it out, because it actually gets interesting. Plus, entire volumes in the LN are dedicated to "NPC" characters who have good stories. Except for Climb. Fuck Climb, that boring piece of shit would have been the protagonist if this was a typical isekai.

an err doesn't justify several others
between a release "big hit bad book" movie there's is some gap. but for LN?
>"gentoromen, today I say ret us push dis Kuso Raito Noberu I found out yesterday. I'm sure dis one will become a hit unlike the several ones we cancelled past seasons! if not we just push another."
if we had a movie for each LN they animate...

I think they spent way too long on the lizards unless their story has some kind of payout later on.

Ainz ressing Zenberu gave him easy access to dwarves later on in the series, but whether they end up being even more important remains to be seen. The story is still ongoing, after all.

Please stay in your containment board

Fuck the weeb faggots, I wanna talk about this idea. A father/mother figure BBEG that treats their underlings like children, creating a squad of bosses that would die for their "parent". Bonds of loyalty with their fellows like siblings.

>/a/ is a containment board
>Veeky Forums isn't an anime website

That's actually mentioned in-story. Given how most of the guild were your average internet users, they just made some of the most op npcs (below the floor guardians and a couple other) in the guilds maids and essentially rolled with it. Hell, one of the players made one of his NPCs fetish fuel in-story, and the other was essentially a massive slut. In a nutshell, NPCs in the great tomb nazarick are hilariously diverse because everyone did what they felt like with their own creations.

>and the other was essentially a massive slut
Wasn't Albedo supposed to be a turboslut until Momonga messed with her code and made her pure?

My jam.

Aye, was talking about Albedo.

About all he changed was the part about her being a bitch to being in love with him.

hasn't been since moot left

You do know, that Veeky Forums is an containment website. You're locked in here with us, user.

Yes, she was supposed to be a backstabbing bitch (in heat). Az actually saved himself from being deposed by her by changing that line about her being a bitch (in heat).

As pants-on-head retarded as the rest of the show is, Salem uses this as her M.O. when dealing with her minions. She tends to build up their strengths and knows better than to kill them for screwing up. Hell, all she had to do when dealing with a particularly fanatical but incompetent villain was to tell him she was disappointed in him. The only thing that sets her off is phrasing your remarks like an order; that's her job.

It really isn’t anymore. If it were, we wouldn’t compartmentalize boards based on region like how we split /a/ from /co/ and /tv/. Traditional Games have always been western focused, and you can actually talk about weeb tabletop on /jp/ just fine.

Forgot to specify the show is RWBY.

Because fracturing boards further and further is a good idea, kind of like how /qst/ isn't redundant at all. In fact, why not have /40k/ be its own board? And hey, those dragonball shitlords are shitting up /a/ all the time so why not ban it to its own containment board (/db/)?

>wtf they killed off my waifu, this is shit!
Don't worry bro, she gets better.

No because that creates a terrible situation for actually playing where the heroes can't fucking fight anybody without the big bad, a dozen levels above them, crashing down on their heads for killing his 'children'. It should be a fraternity, not a family, if you care about not killing your players with little warning.

1) Maybe the whole parental act is just a convenient way of keeping control.
2) What's so bad about a proactive villain?

"Bicchi" is a loanword from the English "bitch" so it frequently gets mistranslated as that, but its actual meaning is "slut".

Well, the whole story is inspired by D&D sessions the author played before his group disbanded, so its just natural to fit well.

Ah. I don't understand moon so I just have to take the sub writer's word for it.

Yeah I didn't watch overlord either.

Albedo, get off Ainz's computer

Those fucking maids ruined the potential of that series, you thought the story would be about the cool floor bosses wrecking shit?, fuck you have, have some kawaii meidos stealing the spotlight

So bowser and his brood?

And one of his Players made Log Horizon.

You act like there have never been villain families before. Revenge doesn't have to be immediate.

They have shown 3 of the floor bosses murdering some plebs and one of them duking it out with Ainz, that and I can only think of two of the maids that have done anything of note.

The only good maid is the bug abomination one

Torchwick was also fun, clearly evil and all that- but still entertaining and human

and then cinder and adam are hot garbage

I always wondered if that was a retroactive change, or if all the other floor guardians remember Albedo being a turboslut and then suddenly deciding she wanted to exclusively jump Ainz's bones.

At the very least the writer of Overlord was in a Log Horizon TTRPG group, with a published Replay that's canon to the setting. Their PCs make cameos in season 2 of the anime.

I think he was the merchant guy in the back?

Retroactive, I think. None of them comment on it and she didn't seem concerned about it when he told her.

It's still pretty amusing when they bring up the other guild members because of how out of place their names are, especially TouchMe.

The personalities of the NPCs were just text write ups before the Tomb was ported from the VRMMO. As far as the NPCs are concerned Albedo was always in love with Ainz.

Fuck off, lamprey. You're just jealous I got in here first.