Does your character wear metal armor into a hot desert?

Does your character wear metal armor into a hot desert?

Other urls found in this thread:

jeanne-darc.info/biography/letters/
youtube.com/watch?v=LUE1QsqdTLk
jeanne-darc.info/biography/physical-appearance/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes
no
maybe

Can we talk about how awesome Joan is, instead?

Yes
That's what the tabard is for, to keep the sun off the metal.

Sure. Specifically chainmail.

See, you wear loose cloth like a tabard over it. This cuts down on direct sunlight heating the metal.

Instead, the metal soaks up body heat. There are a lot of gaps in chainmail, because duh, so it has a lot of surface area. As you move around, your clothing shifts and the displacement moves air through the rings. Convection happens as a result.

Essentially, a proper outfit turns your chainmail into a RADIATOR. Keeps you cool.

Can confirm.

we can talk about how she was a high-functioning schizo if you like.

source on this.
it sounds just crazy enough to be true.
do you have to have the chainmail touching your skin for it to work?

Don't be rude to Jannu-sama.

kill thyself, sinner

Different user but its literally how the crusaders rolled and the only reason they didn't wear it 24/7 was that shits heavy as fuck.
It's proven that it works and as for skin contact that would help but its not necessary so long as you don't have some insanely thick underlayer or multiple layers.

Sure, if you understand that the majority of the populace that says she's cool likes her for all the wrong reasons, and your SJW-tier comic and others like it only serves to dirty her pure name.

Middle eastern armour thread?

You got it

You leave Hark a Vagrant alone.

Yes, but it's magical armor with cooling inside. And you can store food inside when you don't wear it. Our wizardsmith can also create heated armors that can double as an oven.

put away your fedora

Seconded.

Except literally everything we know about her (and thanks to two very detailed trials we know more about her than most other figures in the era, in the first trial through the eyes of people who WANTED her declared insane mind you) we can clearly and without doubt say that whatever she had wasn't schizophrenia. If she actually had schizophrenia (and don't be so delusional [kek] as to believe medieval man couldn't tell when someone was a little touched in the head) her trial would've been an open-and-shut case of a heretical madwoman.

I agree but don't call Hark a Vagrant a SJW or I'll come over to your house and knock ye in the gabber.

>that the majority of the populace that says she's cool likes her for all the wrong reasons
?

what if I like her because the boat named after her is absolutely gorgeous?

I do like her but this comic is shit.

The cannons bit is rather funny. Joan historically loved cannons and other artillery like crazy and basically wanted as many of them as possible. She'd spend a lot of time sitting and talking with the various gunners in her army about how they worked. She'd have made a really good artillery officer in another time.

Wore it in a hot jungle. Made me glad I forked over the extra cash for a cooling unit because fuck that noise.

Yes. My faith is my A/C.

She's also one of the first french commanders to have used rocket artillery, at the siege of Orleans.

I think the fact that she wasn't a noble helped her a lot in that regard, being able (or simply willing) to discuss with commoners and other technicians.

I can think of another notable French general who loved artillery. He did pretty well for himself too.

>tfw no 19yo peasant farmgirl turned holy knight gf

What would you do to impress Joan if you're in a date?

Probably give her some psych meds...

Why? it uses RL elements to make jokes. The Alençon one is exactly what happened.

I’ve wanted to use that art for character art but I think it may be too obviously Joan, especially with the cathedral in Orleans in the back.

want other pics?

> perfectly good thread about riding dirty moon god worshippers into the dirt
> ruined by disgusting frankaboos and their schizophrenic waifu
> JUST LIKE THE THIRD CRUSADE

Now I'm imagining some C&C generals thing with Joan of Arc as the Superweapon General.

Well gee, I don't know? Do you drop your weapon in the middle of a pitched fight just because your noodly little arms are getting sore and tired?

Dear, God... Perhaps it wasn't the Christian God she spoke with, but was receiving the word of the Murder /k/ube! Was she perhaps the origina fem/k/ommando?!

Have you seen the ultimatums she wrote to the english?

>King of England, and you duke of Bedford, who call yourself regent of the kingdom of France; you, William Pole, count of Suffolk; John Talbot, and you Thomas Lord Scales, who call yourselves lieutenants of the said duke of Bedford, make satisfaction to the King of Heaven; surrender to the Maid who is sent here by God, the King of Heaven, the keys of all the good towns which you have taken and violated in France. She is come here by God’s will to reclaim the blood royal. She is very ready to make peace, if you are willing to grant her satisfaction by abandoning France and paying for what you have held. And you, archers, men-at-war, gentlemen and others, who are before the town of Orléans, go away into your own country, in God’s name. And if you do not do so, expect tidings from the maid, who will come to see you shortly, to your very great harm. King of England, if you do not do so, I am a chieftain of war, and in whatever place I meet your people in France, I shall make them leave, and in whether they will it or not. And if they will not obey, I will have them all put to death.
(1/2)

>I am sent here by God, the King of Heaven, body for body, to drive you out of all France. And if they wish to obey, I will show them mercy. And be not of another opinion, for you will not hold the kingdom of France from God, the King of Heaven, son of Saint Mary; for the king Charles, the true heir, will hold it, as is revealed to him by the Maid, he will enter Paris with a good company. If you do not believe these tidings from God and the Maid, in whatever place we find you, we shall strike therein and make so great a tumult that none so great has been in France for a thousand years, if you do not yield to right. Know well that the King of Heaven will send greater strength to the Maid and her good men-at-arms that you in all your assaults can overwhelm; and by the blows it will be seen who has greater favor with the God of Heaven. You, duke of Bedford, the maid prays and requests that you do not bring destruction upon yourself. If you will grant her right, you may still join her company, where the French will do the fairest deed ever done for Christianity. Answer if you wish to make peace in the town of Orléans; and if you do not, you will be reminded shortly to your very great harm.

>Written this Tuesday of Holy Week
(2/2)

moar letters: jeanne-darc.info/biography/letters/

please don't fuck the boat

What would you do to impress Joan if you're on a date with her?

Call the English des morceaux de merde.

>go on a date with Joan
That's doubly haram.
Joan is for faithful and chaste following, and slaying the ennemies of France together. She's an instrument of God's wrath, not gf material.

She managed to make a bunch of french knights go completely fanboy instead of trying to bed her, I doubt anyone else would have more luck.

fuck OFF beaufort

You fucking bet she does.

>TFW god would not give each holy nation its own paladin wifu
It hurts to this day.

easy, aerobics class
youtube.com/watch?v=LUE1QsqdTLk

You could always go Japanese

I knew a weeb girl that kinda looked like her
Should I post pic?

Yes.

Her nickname was Snow White in high school

I weirdly found her attractive

Weird attractive, yeah

>shibarama rebellion by takato yamamoto
that is no joan (and no girl, for that matter)

I give her one of my baronies (not in crown focus region tho). Also appoint her as a commander. Wait, why the fuck am I seducing this fanatic again.

yes.

because why not yo

>not gf material
B-but I was told that she is really super cute!

Wrote a paper on Joan's miliataru accomplishments. She's massively overrated
>rarely used a sword
>never killed anyone
>never led charges, planned battles, let all the nobles like the bastard of orleans, duke of alencon, etc
>extent of her military contributions were carrying a banner with angels on it and getting shot by a crossbow twice
>encouraged a lot of frenchies to make a reckless assault on Paris
>captured and cooked alive by the French
>canonized by the French 500 years later

Yes. It's pretty cool when you're wearing a soaked gambeson and linen tabard.

She did get a large number of cities to surrender without a fight.

No idea.

>>extent of her military contributions were carrying a banner with angels on it and getting shot by a crossbow twice

And a cannon.

Authorities at the time and today generally agree that she was not a madwoman. Her conviction was overturned, in fact, because it was made on illegal grounds when they couldn't find rhetorically effective means to prosecute her.

You know, I never knew this about Joan of Arc. I just kinda knew that she heard voices she attributed to God and started like... A peasants rebellion? I had no idea about her love of canons and blowing shit up.

Napoleon? Maybe I need to look into French history more.

>massively overrated
I've never seen anyone claim that she was a military genius.
Nonetheless, she did act as a siegemaster, like at Troyes.

Joan cut some pretty savage promos.

... when the only other eligible woman in your kingdom is literally a horse.

I don't like swim suit bikini so much. I prefer more modestly dressed lewd Jannu.

>>rarely used a sword
That's everyone in actual warfare you prick

What about this

Was she really that cute?

Nah, my character switches to a more comfortable form of attire in such hot environs, complemented with a cloak to keep the sunlight off of course. Paladins have no dress code.

Power Armor with an environmental system, yes.

I'm going to fuck that boat

By contemporary accounts she was not bad looking. It is hard to say really, people might have exaggerated or embellished given what annimportant figure she became. From what I have, the description ‘short’, ‘dark haired’ and ‘sturdy’ come up often. Her squire is quoted as having called her breasts beautiful (he saw her naked at least once when she had been wounded and needed medical attention).

One compilation of people describing her can be found here:
jeanne-darc.info/biography/physical-appearance/

Pic related is the only contemporary drawing of her, made by some clerk who had never seen Joan but got excited reading about her in letters. Fan art if you will.

Japan says yes.

tell her about what can be down with modern 155s

Yes and no. She was asked if her voices told her to remain chaste, and she answered that they did not. To her, it was simply a side effect of her mission: as long it wasn't done she simply had not thought to spare for romance or sex.
She also said that as soon as her mission would be over, she would stop dressing as a man (which she only did for convenience) and go on living as any other women.

>Her squire is quoted as having called her breasts beautiful
Do we know if he was a lolicon, or whether he loves perky 14 year old sized, or whether he likes them big?

It sounds like you should look into history as a whole a lot more.

Sadly, sources are lacking. The size and shape of Joan’s breasts was and remains a mystery for the ages.

Well, too late, user. I already went inside that ship.

testimonies of the time (i.e. "I would have hit that, but divine grace prevented impure thoughts") point to healthy and pleasant to the eye peasant girl; she wasn't considered dropdead gorgeous in any way, but the standards of that era were quite different from today's.

I thought that the original implied that the breasts were big

14 was fairly standard for that period. Juliet was originally 13

14 is a beautiful age. It's all downhill after 17.

I don't mind, joan threads are polite and comfy most of the time.

Beautiful boobies on beautiful get.

I mind, though, because my current campaign takes place in a desert and a desert equipment and gear thread could've been legitimately informative. We have an entire board for waifu shit, and it's called

I mean, I get you, and you got a small bit of that, but learn your lesson. Never, ever use an image of Joan on Veeky Forums, especially the one you used, because for some reason it's an autism bomb. Try making a new thread.

Implying our Lord would divinely appoint a psycho to attack other Christians.

Post the one where she smiles

Hahaha, no. If you really wanted info you'd have posted a setting and/or a system instead of that vague question.

I'm not OP, but I guess it's thread derailed. Thanks, waifu fags.

New thread:

HE'S GONNA FUCK THE BOAT

You forget breaking sacred swords on the backs of prostitutes because she was angry that half her troops were unfit for battle due to STDs.

>Napoleon?
Yep. He was originally an artillery officer.

>make a thread on a Veeky Forums subject
>immediately gets derailed for off topic bullshit
>guys can we talk about the thing-
>no, better make a new thread for the thing, this one belongs to my waifu
>OP should've known better than to post my waifu as a relevant image to his question, it was asking to derail the thread
>it's the actual on-topic replies, rather than the waifu bullshit, which gets told to fuck off to another thread
The absolute state of Veeky Forums. It's one thing to have a conversation that sidetracks, it's another to outright say on-topic conversation is the conversation that must move aside.

>discussing RL paladin
>waifu
err, not really.