A question Veeky Forums. Has your GM ever managed to make you cry?I don't mean like, made you feel sad...

A question Veeky Forums. Has your GM ever managed to make you cry?I don't mean like, made you feel sad, I mean actual tears.

Yes, when he mentioned me in his suicide note.

Relatively recently, in fact.

>Has a set of campaigns in the same world. We usually play different characters for each campaign.
>Last campaign, worked a while for a 70ish year old human mage named Kraijek.
>Wasn't anything too profound, we just handled some tasks for him that involved hitting people with pointy pieces of iron, but we got to know and like him; he's kind of this garrulous, somewhat bad tempered old man with a good sense of humor and often suggesting we perform acts of petty thievery and mischief on our adventures.
>Later, campaign ends. Much later, new campaign starts. It is set about 30 years after the last one.
>For reasons that get involved, we're looking for a guy named Soeme, another mage who just seemed to have disappeared for reasons unknown.
>Trying to trace his whereabouts, and we discover he was a friend of Kraijek. Obviously, our new characters don't know the guy, but we do.
>Eventually arrange a meeting with him.
>The likeable, vital old man is gone. In its place is a tired old coot with severe senility.
>He tells us, after repeated questioning and forgetting his train of thought, that last he heard, Soeme was attempting to look something up with a demonologist colleague named Rayne.
>Progress. Ask him where Rayne is or how to meet him.
>How the hell do you know about Rayne? He doesn't like strangers, or people asking about his business! He's likely to sic a cacodemon on you if you just come up to him with that attitude!

It just hurt. I liked the guy, and this was worse than him dying.

Oh

Thanks for reminding me that I had to witness my grandparents going senile and turning into fragile, memoryless husks of themselves before they died.

Fuck it. Next time I'm just going to introduce Red Shirt NPCs in my campaigns. Every time the players start to get along with the fuckers, BAM. Then I get to play up the dangers of adventure AND ruin their spirits. They'll become paranoid and unable to form emotional bonds with anyone, perfect.

Technically, yes.
>tfw forever gm

Group got a couple innocent people killed because they left them alone near hostile fanatics that told them to back off. They called their bluff, mother and son died and the father and daughter were next, but they got there before they could finish them. One of my players is a mother and she felt really bad as she realized they could have stopped it. Doesn't help they said they wanted a more realistic feel to enemies so I gave it to them.

Yeah, he put my character in a position where he had to sell out his father figure who he did love so that the organization he led could keep going on. I was jailed for a bit for being a "member" of the organization and in the cells he forgave me and told me that he loved me as a son.

No, because I'm a grown man, not a pussy.

...oh, man...

>TFW you 'that guy' so hard the DM kills himself

Okay this is kinda funny.

Unironically have a conversation with someone educated in the concept of toxic masculinity.
I am the GM. And while I have made the players emotional, with I think one time a guy got the teensiest bit misty eyed, making them cry is beyond me.

>educated in the concept of toxic masculinity
Oxymoronic.

Was not prepared. Sorry man.

Oh geez. That's....
ouch.
not him, but it's seriously not healthy to bottle up your emotions like that.

>bottling up emotions is masculine
>doesn't know mental transmutation
It's like your people never tried stoicism.

I feel your pain.
>mental transmutation
Really? That's your thing? Look man, if I want to join a cult, I'm going to join one of the cool ones that has orgies in the woods, OK?

what did he say? was it good or bad?

Orgies are bad for your hormonal equilibrium, m'kay.
Bottling up emotions is as unmanly as its a forced meme.
"Toxic masculinity" is already becoming a joke.

>someone educated in the concept of toxic masculinity.
I try and stay away from tumblr

No because Im a forever-GM by choice. I have made players cry several times before. It's easier with female players.

>Bottling up emotions is not healthy
That’s what politely excusing yourself, leaving, and flying off into a blind rage in your vehicle is for

>le tumblr meme
Oi vey

Are you saying your beliefs are so fragilely held that you would refuse to talk with someone counter to them, or possibly that you just refuse to acknowledge opposing viewpoints at all?

I'm so terrified of being disliked by people I look up to that I genuinely do this in real life.

I thought MF Doom instead of Dr Doom.

That's that.

I was 10 years old and it was my first time playing with strangers (after school D&D club). My magic-user found a gold piece and the DM said "It's a Gold Bug hahahaha! Save vs Poison". I failed the save and died and fucking cried until my mom picked me up.

that DM in my nightmares

That's kinda tying into it though. The very idea that rage is the only emotion you get. Like, the original topic of this conversation was about how "real men" don't cry.
Pfffft. I am so happy my first gm was my dad who was like, actually good at it lol.

And male suicide rates increase and increase steadily, but we have no idea why.

He thanked me for the good times and left me his dice. I was his oldest player and the one who stuck around until the end.

I genuinely am thankful that those kinds of conditions don't run in my family. I never lose someone before they die and I don't have see a horrible future waiting for me in them. I feel bad for people like this and I feel bad that I'll never be able to fully relate to these people but I am truly blessed at the end of the day.