Have you ever played a truly stupid character...

Have you ever played a truly stupid character, I'm not talking you dumped int but spoke like a person and acted like yourself I'm talking you slurred words, couldn't say big things, was barely literate and hadn't even read a book?

Have you ever played a complete r*tard

Once, he spoke in broken English, and I would do the most brute idea even if I knew my actions where retarded.

My party kept calling me a dumbass though,... Yet they only play an insert of of themselves (dumbasses) without a spec of RP.

I've tried. I played an ogryn in only war - he was really dumb, his favourite phrase was "me smash", but he became a voice of reason and a party face anyway.

I once played a frog. I was a pretty smart frog, though.

I played a dumb, impulsive demoness who was extremely gullible, and her main solution to most things was 'claw the shit out of it, claim what remains as your own'. It was fun.

Yup.

(Translation: Indeed I have played low intelligence characters with differing speech patterns than mine own. Though I actually do that for most of my characters. Come from GMing a lot, I imagine. I think my best PC example of this was a large fellow called Log. Who spoke worlds slowly, very few words, and those few words would the most boiled-down version. The dimensional fractures that were spreading across worlds were known to him as "world-hole". More amusingly, he also knew a large number of languages across many worlds. We was often the translator for the team.
One fun moment was the one time they encounter someone that spoke his native tongue and we had a jolly fully enunciated in-depth conversation. Translation in character: He friend. Speak good.)

I was the party Ogryn in only war. Luckily I got along with one of the players so he acted as my "handler" during non-combat situations and I managed to come off as comic relief without really bogging things down. (Admittedly most of the "humour" was misinterpreting words and reworking Al Murray sketches. But hey, it fit.)

Storytime user.

It was a monstergirl skypirates campaign, run in Savage Worlds. most of the players were various monstergirls, with one token 'male'.

We'd ended up getting attacked by pirates, and the six of us took over the airship, and simultaniously decided to take it as our own and go forth to gain riches.

My character was a devil-girl from Hell, also known as Sky Island Australia. Demons and devils of all kinds owning little niches of the continent, like warlords constantly going to war. As the daughter of a 'king', she was obviously destined to be a queen. So she ran out to conquer as many outsider soldiers as she could, to bring back to hell and take the whole thing over.

Problem is... She's an idiot. Yeah, she has a xenomorph-style stabby tail and huge claws and was a combat MONSTER, but the stupidest, most gullible character I've ever played.

So first thing, we've just claimed the pirate ship, and Hae'zelias claims she's captain. Because this ship HERS now.

By this point, the other players know what kind of character this is. The Token Male, (Who we'd all already figured would be captain, since he's the only sane, level-headed one, and also fiendishly clever). He said "Yeah, you're captain", and lied his ass off as to what a pirate captain actually DOES. She ended up sitting in the first mates' quarters, with nothing to do but torment her little squeaky imp familiar, while he did all the captaining.

Hae'zel would later:
>Jump off of an airship to land on an old airplane. Smashed through the canopy with her claws and started mauling the pilot. The pilot ended up as another PC, and extremely traumatized.
>Got almost murdered by a dragongirl I think the dragongirl complimented a crewmember, and Hazel thought she was trying to steal the crew from her?
>Blew up a town. No, really. It was the dragongirl's town. Hae'zel was IN the town, and had her familiar crash the airplane into it. She literally said 'Come crash into me! I'll dodge!' Then murdered the dragon.

>Sky Island Australia
As an Aussie, I approve of this.

>then murdered the dragon
Brutal.

Thanks for the storytime.

>the good ol' "the leader is a dumbass and the second in command is the one who really calls the shots"
A classic.

...why did you censor the word Retard?
This is Veeky Forums.

I played a lizardfolk paladin, wherein the lizardfolk are way more beastial and subhuman than how they're usually played.

Acts sort of like an alligator or a dog. Was sort of kept on a leash by a rogue archon he called 'Sun Sister' who gave him his paladin powers and got him to go about doing paladin things. He relies on her to show him the path and tell him what needs smiting and so on. He's not necessarily unintelligent, but he's quite sort of close minded and oblivious to a lot of social norms and stuff. Speaks in broken english (or Tian in-universe) and can't read.

He's quite fun as a sort of stoic, serious, genuine contrast to a lot of the rest of the group who are either sardonic lawful bookworms or sort of playing themselves

He's called Qinglong Qiaolu and he sort of fills the role of the party retard, at least.

God damn, what was your party doing that THAT happened?

I once played a 3-INT Dwarf with a weak grasp on object permanence and causality. His Dwarven was almost at the level of Trump's English, but his common was... somewhat broken. As in completely nonfunctional. His version of "what's going on here" would be "what are go," for example. No prepositions, no contractions, only present verb tenses, about three pronouns in lieu of almost all proper nouns, and he couldn't regulate his inside voice when he was thinking hard or surprised. When you heard him wailing, it always meant one of two things: his 17 WIS had just farted out a solution to a problem, or it was time to roll initiative.

Well, the group was relatively passive, so ideas like "the big man has a big hat, we follow him" were enough to drive the story forward.

>dodge
Was she able to dodge or did she endure the damage like a champ or what?

Played a Neanderthal barbarian once. He sounded just like Lenny from Of Mice and Men. Funny part is he had an int of 11 and could read and write.

She dodged. Was sitting on top of the dragoness, and jumped off at the last moment.

Worst thing is, she was always so self-assured that she was always confident... no matter how dumb her plans were. But she always lived or succeeded after enough murder, and that just made her MORE confident.

One guy at an event did such a thing, his character was barely literate but was really excited about reading the big words on billboards and signs, so that was the quirk he acted out the most. It wasn't obnoxious or anything because he would mostly stick by us and prevent himself from doing stupid shit by listening to our characters, who were long time friends, and he got to be useful in combat by turning every threat we faced into mush with a huge hammer (and occasionally his bare hands). Good times were had by all. And his asking whether there was a sign over every store we came across was actually funny.

I played an Ultra Redneck Poison Dusk Lizardman once. He was fun.

She sounds somewhat precious, actually. Why are retarded yanderes so uncommon? This coming from a guy who is not a big fan of yanderes