When Buddha achieved Nirvana, did he meet the Modrons?

When Buddha achieved Nirvana, did he meet the Modrons?

Yes

>Psionic Ability: 365 points
>Attack/Defense Modes: All/All
Primus don't fuck around, man. That's the scariest fucking thing on there, more so than the 20d8 damage he does or the 100% magic resistance or anything.

>treasure type: nil
There seems to be no point in going up against such a powerful entity.

Hopefully if you’re fighting a god, you have better motivators than phat loot.

he looks like powder toast man

I find it funnier now after finding out that the number "1" is not considered to be "prime" in current mathematics. You'd kind of think it would be, but it isn't divisible by itself AND 1 as separate qualities. Plus it screws up so many other prime number theorems that have to list "for all primes except for 1", that it fit the logic much better to not have 1 as prime.

I wonder what Primus thinks.

>Treasure type: nil

THAT'S the scariest thing.

In those old D&D editions, XP was based on loot. There was no incentive to murderhobo because wiping out the region's orcs didn't give you anything more than pulling off a bank heist.

"Primus" means first in Latin.

It doesn't say he's 'The First and the Prime', it says he's the 'One and the Prime'

Because all modrons are based entirely on their number. Primus is the only modron of which there is precisely 1. Every other modron in the heirarchy has a specific number of identical modrons that take up the same role as them.

Nah, he's got an XP value right there. But that XP value wouldn't even bring a solo level 12 character to level 13, nevermind an entire party of level 19s or 20s.

Alrighty, allow me to rephrase.

>Hopefully if you’re fighting a god, you have better motivators than phat loot or XP.

Like, y’know, character reasons, or at least plot reasons. Even self-defense.

>Nah, he's got an XP value right there. But that XP value wouldn't even bring a solo level 12 character to level 13, nevermind an entire party of level 19s or 20s.
That's probably because killing the current Primus just causes one of the Secondus modrons to become the new Primus and somebody gets promoted all the way down the line.

Presumably the whole point of reaching Nirvana in the first place is to stop craving such things as gold and XP.

Wouldn't Buddha be True Neutral instead of Lawful?

>Kill super hard hidden boss
>doesn't even drop anything

Buddha is Neutral Good. He holds benevolence for all souls.
He would not have an afterlife though. Nirvana is a state of transcendence that is, itself, incompatible with any form of afterlife.

No, there was no duality of self and """other""" to be witnessed.

There is no path.
Beyond the scope of light, beyond the reach of Dark…
…what could possibly await us?
And yet, we seek it, insatiably…
Such is our fate.

Nothing so severe.

If you kill Primus, the nearest Secundus will just promote.

I believe you mean POWDERED! ... TOAST! ... MAN!

If he's so tough why does he have -10 AC? I mean you can't even roll a negative number.

Because that was literally the best AC you could get in the entire game at the time. -10 is the modifier placed on the attacker's roll.

For comparison, Plate Mail gives attackers +3 to their roll. Unarmored gives +10.

>But that XP value wouldn't even bring a solo level 12 character to level 13, nevermind an entire party of level 19s or 20s.
XP is linear past level 9ish in 1E. Granted, it's still generally at least 150,000+/level so your point stands.

If you're after Primus, it's probably going to be for political reasons. Or maybe you pissed off the Modrons due to a bad planeshifting scene in Nirvana, I dunno.
It's probably also worth noting that NO modron has loot.

In modern terms that's AC30, with a max-level Fighter having +16 BAB, the highest strength bonus being +3 (with 18/100 Strength; +1 is still very rare, 17+), and magic swords reaching +5 (necessary to hit Primus).

That's not entirely correct - the attack tables make it a bit easier to hit critters with very high ACs by repeating the 20 six times. With your method the THAC0 20 1st-level Fighter would need to roll a 30 to hit AC-10; the actual number needed is 25, which is achievable with a +5 sword (but altogether unlikely).

Bait aside, I really miss THAC0

I prefer attack tables to THAC0, to be honest. Less weird math, and you can actually use the Weapon vs. AC table without needing to fuss about a bunch.

DESU, it's the only thing keeping him safe from powergamers.

Is that Joe Rogan?

It has never been considered prime. It used to not be considered a number.

1 is the loneliest number LOL

>motivations other than loot

Like roleplaying, u fat shit?

Roleplaying is not a motivation, dummy, it's something you do on the way to your motivation.