Goblins and Kobolds fight each other in a massive war for control of the sprawling underground cave and tunnel system

>Goblins and Kobolds fight each other in a massive war for control of the sprawling underground cave and tunnel system
>Humans lend their support to the Kobolds, Orcs lend their support to the Goblins, and Dwarves wish to see them both eradicated
>Warfare between the two factions consists of heavy tunneling and siege work, frequent ambushes and traps, and the occasional zerg rush
>Goblin Slayer is leading the forces of the Kobolds

Okay, minus that last point, how good of an idea is this to put in a setting?

>theres an entire nation sized network of abandoned tunnels from a precursor civilization down there
>like STALKER or Metro but with goblins and kobolds
>theres a tower that starts at the bottom of the world and extends all the way to a point higher than the tallest mountains, it cuts through the entire vertical length of the underground
>a cult is digging massive tunnels in a circular manner with the occasional crisscrossing, it may or may not be a giant magic circle to use the battlefields as a ritual ground for something

What do the humans and Orcs want with these tunnels?

>Goblin Slayer is leading the forces of the Kobolds

Are you that guy from the 5e thread a bit ago?

Neither humans nor orcs can practically use most of the tunnel system, as they range from dimly lit to pitch black, and passageways are typically no higher than 4 or 5 feet. The humans have sided with the kobolds because the kobolds can be fruitfully traded with, while goblins cannot. Orcs have sided with the goblins because they believe goblins to be related to them, and to counter growth of human influence. Dwarves claim that the tunnels were created by ancient dwarves, and are thus their birthright. Humans chose to back the kobolds instead ostensibly because they are one of the current inhabitants, but more because they are easier to control.

>Goblin sla
no.
>but i didn't even fi
No.
>but ano
NO.

What's your problem?

Depends, what sort of kobold ?

To be fair, OP did say to discount that last point. Presumably he meant it as a joke.

Like any Veeky Forums kobolds they are cute! and cuddly! and wiggly! and waggly! and snuggly! and-

alright, i can't do it anymore, i'm off, to wash away the shame and disgust.

I propose fluffy velociraptor kobolds.
"Kobold" and "Goblin" isn't realy bound to a specific look in it's origin, no reason to not give an old thing a new paintjob.

So on a scale from dog to lizard, you pick bird.

And on a scale from tiny green human to ugly mole, I pick bat.

>Kobolds and goblins
how do they tell them apart?

and what is this weird dogman in the OP pic?

One looks like bats, the other one like velociraptors of course.

You posted a fucking tucan, not a velociraptor

i said "looks like" not "are". Also the kobold is clearly just a stylized cave mural you uneducated pleb.

I think that the Goblins would generally be the more brutal of the two, having a better advantage in hand to hand combat and being more willing to take advantage of nasty tricks such as poison.

However, the Kobolds would be the better organized faction, being less likely to shank their own officers for a promotion and being more clever in their usage of contraptions and tactics than the chaotic Goblins.

>Typical kobold weapon setup is a short spear and shield
>Humans donate hundreds of minatures maces and picks and little suits of mail
>both prove too heavy to be practically useful in subterranian outtings, so they are repurposed to construct "armor tents" instead

Ok... So how do we turn this into a resource-based tactical Fantasy Trench Skirmish game? Cards providing effects and events, and rolling 1, 2, or 3d6 for Combat.

>You will never have a Human v. Orc Cold War Campaign
>You will never train Kobolds for proxy wars
Why even live?

>only to end up fighting Kobold terrorists after the Orcs have been pushed out of their land

Amount of dice depend on character tier.
I rolls 1d6 (Rookie with a cheap sword), II rolls 2d6 (Actual decent fighter with decent equipment), III roll 3d6 (Masters with named weaponry).

I's have only 6 health, II's have 12 health, and III's have 18 health.

I mean, I know fuck-all about game design, so take my suggestion with a grain of salt.

Anymore military kobolds/gobbos?

Idea: How about instead of subjecting several (I assume) decent, good natured people to your thinly veiled fetish, you try toning back the magical realm shit just a smidge
food for thought

You're an idiot, and you have no idea what's going on in this thread. You just saw Cutebolds and decided to Shitpost.

alright, ya got me. I don't actually give a shit, I just know that people who like cutebolds are very sensitive about being outed as furfags

So that in the end VietKobs win?

I don't have any pics, but Ops & Tactics has rules for kobolds (it used to also have goblins, but they were removed ages ago) in its fantasy splat. They have stupidly powerful night vision and receptive healing, but they suffer penalties when using weapons larger than Small size (-1 to hit with Medium, -2 to hit with Large, and anything bigger than that has to be steadied with a bipod or something), like the pic. For the sake of comparison, your average handgun is Small size, a Desert Eagle-size pistol or Skorpion machine pistol is Medium size, and pretty much anything larger than that (i.e. anything with a stock) is Large size.

So, in O&T, the best way to play kobolds is to play like terrorists: use traps, stealth, crew-serviced weapons, and other tricky shit, because they can't use anything bigger than a handgun without penalty (although those penalties can be easily dealt with; a foregrip is enough to negate the penalty on a Medium weapon).

Interesting. What hole is this unhealthy coping mechanism filling in you life? Your deficiency in some physical aspect, such as health or intelligence, maybe?

Never heard of Ops and Tactics before. Looks cool.
Thanks, user!

I've been too sick to work for the last year, so shitposting helps pass the time

At least you're honest

What kind of traps do they set, anyways?

You were doing great until Goblin Slayer.

Nobody Wins the Tunnel Wars.

OP literally meant it as a joke, he even said to discount it

>Volksturm Kobolds
Not sure if cool or /pol/...

I hope you feel better user, same here (minus the shitposting). On IV antibiotics for neurological lyme disease.

Both.

Birds are a kind of lizard