If you had to be any one class /tg, which would you be and why?

If you had to be any one class /tg, which would you be and why?

If we're talking about D&D, I'd have to pick Warlord or whatever the modern equivalent is. I've been a manager at two different jobs and boosting morale and playing damage control is what I thrive on.

You're doing God's work user.

Dungeon master.

If not, for base? Druid or ranger. Chilling innawoods and probably can just go "fuck this shit", nature seems to always find a way even under worst BBEGs.

The Dark Knight or the Onion Knight class

But how do my clothes come into this?

Could you expand on that please?

What do your clothes have to do with anything?

Way of Iron monk

And what/why is that?

Final Fantasy classes.

Dark Knight is a class that can damage itself to cause more damage to its enemy. Onion Knights can do damn near anything, but they have the most godawful scaling until they hit lvl 90, then outstrip everyone at everything.

The Dark Knight is from FF14 which is a tank two stances attack stance and a defense stance. the Onion Knight weak class but can any spell and it's stats skyrocket near max level.

A Mastermind, from City of Heroes.

The strongest fist!!! rock and fire!!!

It is also worse than Warrior in every way except aesthetically.

5e

You're a fuckin mountain. At higher levels can crumble down walls, break out of chains and cages, do judo that can take down large beasts.

its pretty lit

its either that or Way of Raging Demon, but thats too edgy for my tastes

You're influencing my decisions keep talking user.

A hWhat?

Vampire

true ancestor style, as the king of oddities, undead, and supernatural types.
Would probably take the best attributes from every iteration to make it worth taking

>Drain health, stats. etc through drinking blood

>Absorb memories, abilities and skills by fully consuming lives

>Can learn all types of magic/supernatural abilities

>Create thralls, ghouls and familiars through contracts

>Lives taken extend life and regen capabilities

>Day time cuts potency of abilities.

>Age does NOT increase abilities passively. Stats do not change based on type change.

Since it's a class in itself, I would rather bypass the whole blood potency kind of thing. Grinding makes you stronger. Studying and creating magic, meditating and expanding dark, eldritch energies, Doing stupid amounts of physical exercise, and eating souls.

I like the endless growth route, rather than simply being strong through existing.

Here's the page.

it's homebrew 5e, btw...

Whatever class hits hard and can get hit even harder. I just want to have a fuckload of health and defense so I can protect the party from whatever horrors might try to hurt them.

Pic related is one of my best PC's, a barbarian who acted like everyone's loving dad (if he was a disgusting swamp-sucker)

Monk. Meditating hard, training hard, giving no fucks.

For real though, wizard. It's too OP to not be my actual choice.

5e Oath of Ancients Paladin, protect people while also bringing joy to the world. That or the homebrew fix to Artificer because I like working on things as is so it'd be a bonus to become fantasy Iron Man.

The Kimahri version of Final Fantasy's Dragoon class. Fantastic aerial maneuverability, solid critical hit rate, and can steal HP, MP and even skills with the Lancet ability. It's power, agility, survivability and versatility in one stylish package.

Wizard, or some other magic user. I'm already as buff as a low level fighter irl, so i'd just enchant a few guns and go on plane hopping adventures

Probably Druid. I've always been super into shapeshifting as a power.

Mystic Adept from shadowrun.

Probably a Wizard or a Cleric. Maybe a multiclass.

Cleric sounds comfy as fuck. Making miracles happen, utility casting, high wisdom and charisma. You follow a god that factually exists and embodies good (hopefully) and you have a guaranteed spot in the afterlife of pleasure and niceness.

Wizards are just super comfy. Use a focus to avoid touching bat guano, and read arcane texts to fly and wreck fools with your paladin and rogue bros. It always feels good to be useful.

Dark Knight also has better quest than the warrior.

Cleric or Paladin. I want to heal my family's health problems and my own mental illness. I want the sensation of the mystical, divine inspiration, to intuitively know what is righteous. I want to walk into dangerous forsaken places bringing humanitarian relief and a message of love and humanism. I want to be horrifically murderlized by sinners but kept alive by divine magic, my scars and horrible mutilation proof of my martyrdom and proof of my divine conviction.

Barbarian

Wizard or Artificer, probs.

Juggernaut archetype.
Can't stop won't stop.

Of what class?

Summoner master race. Even better with creation magic.

My man. Who needs allies when you have a legion of demons, gods and spirits bound to your service?

Whatever gets me to lich fastest.

>Dragoon

He was a blue mage that stole Jump from somebody

Wizard I guess. You get:
1) stylish laboratory/lair, optionally evil minions
2) immortality prospects[/spoiler], dick not included unfortunately[/spoiler]
3) right to laugh at martialsas long as it's not 5e
4) ability to make up your own spells and magical items
5) parlor tricks to impress ladies and get dat ass
6) cutting edge fashion fedora, katana and atheism

oWoD Mage
because why be good at something when you can be amazing at everything?

Is there a specialized Necromancer class devoted ENTIRELY to achieving fast and hard Lichdom?

Well, that's fine too.

I'm more for legions of robots and mechs that obey your command. RTS style.

I'd probably be wizard. Because spells.

Alchemist from Dragon's Dogma Online. Can turn myself and enemies into gold, become invincible, pit down a variety of magical traps, air dash and dodge and catapult myself around and cover my enemies in magical golden crystal C4 that I can detonate at will to disorient, freeze, send to sleep, turn to gold and slow the flow of time my enemies.

This series has some freaking amazing classes.

And op looking homebrew too, I think I can see the idea behind it. Ty.

You're in good company m8 :)

Bravura warlord

>If you had to be any one class /tg, which would you be and why?
>and why

Why is that user?

>Onion Knights can do damn near anything, but they have the most godawful scaling until they hit lvl 90
That's a really stupid game design.

A Hoardificer.

The idea was that it'd be really difficult/risky to level one up that high but that if you did then the payoff would be worth it.

Again, see;

Well, it's still kinda stupid. You spend most of your time sloping a useless guy around and at the very end with maybe three superbosses left the rest of your team is invalidated. This only really works in a FF-style JRPG where you
A) control the entire party instead of a single character
B) can usually change classes pretty easily.

Well it IS a final fantasy class so I imagine that it works quite well. I'd say it's one heck of a retirement plan.

It's a reward for powergrinding and was never intended to be balanced. At level 80 it's still as weak as a starting class level 1. At level 99 the Onion Knight is the strongest in the game by far. Probably a good choice for a patient autist.

It’s Japanese so it naturally rewards grinding.

I could basically fly

Ranger.

Striking up casual conversations with Animals seems wicked sick.

The Binder

Incredible flavor and variety of powers. Supernatural counsel is always just a ritual away. Plus it's strength is entirely dependent upon the power of words and clever bargaining, which excites my lawyer side to no end. Plus, discovering new vestiges and learning the secret history of the world would be thrilling.

Cleric because the power of resurrection is invaluable. As well as being an almighty healer, being able to cure cancer, restore lost limbs, and so on.
I'd make myself an Archlich or Deathless if that's an option too, but that's race, not class.

>Mastermind, from City of Heroes.
It makes me happy to see people remember the most fun class

Wizard or Psion
Both make reality putty in my hands to mold according to my will.

Sentinel druid from 4e
So I could get an awesome bear friend and some cool nature powers

Sorcerer, I don't want to study I prefer to practice my power to become better at it.

Mah blood brother. I always prefer to cast a few broad, powerful spells all day, erry day. Don't have to worry about spellbooks or materials. Just learn some great spells like Teleport and invisibility and play the game of life on easy mode.

The correct answer is Erudite (Spell to Power variant)

Mien neger