Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2048: Jumpchain-inspired Pickup Lines Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0By8NY-NO4-N5QVRLV0pQR0VaV1E
youtu.be/uXVRu2jmjrA
youtu.be/7HjPxHToVko
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wanna fuck like Bancho is coming tomorrow?

>Hey baby. If I paid 300CP for a charisma perk, would you get into my pod?

Purely out of curiosity, is there any appreciable interest in a Mass Effect: Andromeda jump?

So if Perfect Lionheart's protagonists are all scum of the earth, a few questions crop up.

A) why does Spacebattles seem obsessed at times with being able to jump into those universes

and

B) why do, when those jumps are made, make it so that a Jumper's build can perfectly emulate a Lionheart protagonist.

What powers would you expect the SMT-Like video game origin in Re:Creators to have? I'm just curious

That can't be canon, she doesn't look like she has the Downs.

It's whatever sibling you're not playing as that looks like that. If the sister is the PC, she looks fine.

Do we have a John Wick jump? Or did I see that somewhere else?

Please don't bring the autists here again.

>Are you the Benefactor, because you make me want to Jump!
Wow, that was so lame I couldn't even get halfway through without laughing.

Well, from what I read, probably a power for finding and using powerful artefacts, something for being able to better harm angels or demons, something for being able to survive an apocalypse like Heaven falling from the sky because God went missing, stuff like that.

On the SB Drive:
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0By8NY-NO4-N5QVRLV0pQR0VaV1E

We have a John Wip jump

Lots of your opinion. Little actual evidence
Also completely ignoring context, misapplying actions and making stuff up as you go.
Bravo, a misinformation trifecta.

Well, for one, they aren't scum. That's at best an horrednous exaggeration at worst an out-and-out lie. They do no worse than any protagonist, or even their canon counterparts.
But to answer your question, regarding A, Spacebattles is weirdly obsessed with him. They have entire threads based on criticising him. I went through one of them a while back and 9 times out of 10 their issues were like anons up above.
And, B, well isn't that what a good jump is supposed to do, at least in theory, let you be the protagonist, or someone like them amoungst other things?

Not really. There's only one part of Mass Effect Andromeda that I liked, and there are plenty of other settings we could make jumps for that would do it better. Namely, the way that the Ark actually feels really cozy, at least early on in the game.

Ah, thanks.

... why not just give us the option to customize the family?

It's an SB special, and it's so fucking not John Wick in any remote sense it's hilarious.

There is no grandioseness to the setting beyond Wick's title of "Baba Yaga," and yet the Origin gives you selections of shit like "DEMON" or "GOD."

Frankly there's not enough to the setting to make a full-fleshed jump to begin with, YET.

I know its supposed to be an SMT-Like game, but I honestly can't stop imaging it like a Soulsborne game.

What are some fitting Jumps to send my Dragoon Jumper on?

Oh fuck off. You are high if you believe anything you just spewed out of your mouth.

Monster Hunter

Monster Hunter

I think there are perks to stay in shape whatever you eat, but I don't remember where.

Evercleansed is more elusive, which is probably more annoying for most Companions.

>Dammit Jumper, I've spent two centuries worth of time just wiping my ass by now. I've counted.

Ring of Red has an Evercleansed knock off.

Dont reply to autists

Projection and hypocrisy.
They accuse his MCs of all sorts of things with no evidence, at most an out-of-context statement or a 'generous' reinterpretation of what is actually in the text and criticise him for it, but in their heart of hearts they know if they ended up in those situations they would act the same way given the same situation and resources. He's a mirror on their black soul, that they ironically make blacker.

>Lots of your opinion. Little actual evidence
I can't post quotes that large on Veeky Forums, user. I could link you to a review thread where they do segment out quotes, but you'd just accuse me of taking things out of context.

>Also completely ignoring context, misapplying actions and making stuff up as you go.
Yeah, because applying context makes this so much better. Like that time Harry retaliated for the Dursleys' abuse of him (which was inflated from actual canon, by the way, canonically the Dursleys mostly neglected and emotionally abused him with only one instance of actual physical abuse that can be pointed to) by turning them into flesh-eating monsters, granting them immortality and regeneration, and locking them in a room so that their hunger would lead to them cannibalizing each other, for ever. Yeah, the context that he was getting back at bad people makes that disproportionate response so much less horrific. Fuck off, user. We get it, you're some bizarre apologist for Perfect Lionheart. You may in fact be Perfect Lionheart, he likes CYOAs and he's been known to sockpuppet. But whatever the case, you're not going to convince anyone.

all hail Yoro.

Every origin should have at least ship available at a discount.

The Imperial Knight for example could get a Sigma Class shuttle.

Ah, great.

Just a note, I'm going to be dropping the claim I had on Devilman. Mostly because I've been ungodly slow for the past few month and, uh...I also...did some more research on the many, many spin-offs of the original story alone.

To which I say: What the fuck. Why is Hades fighting Devilman. What is Dr. Hell doing in there. What is there a Cutie Honey crossover. WHAT AM I READING

The Nagai-verse is a bit of a leap for me and I'd rather not add ANOTHER expansive franchise/universe onto my plate again especially since I already have IG and Tau to worry about. Even if I pulled a Saint Seiya and only covered the original story.

So yeah, that's out. If anyone else wants to give it a try, go nuts.

>Perfect Lionheart found the JumpChain CYOA
>tfw that Symbiote writer was on the SB jumpchain thread

Sweet jesus fuck do not let Wildbow hear of us.
The autism is already spurting out. There are cracks in the containment cell. Anymore chips and we explode.

Evercleansed in ring of red. Metavore in diaries of a janitor. Now if he could just make a jump that hands out pods or extra companion slots we'd be set.

I really wanted that running drawback. Ah well, atleast you thought about it Heavens.

Remember that jumpchain video? youtu.be/uXVRu2jmjrA

>underestimating Go Nagai
There was once one who underestimated Leiji Matsumoto, and look what happened to him. This retreat is to be counted as wisdom, not cowardice.

You could just admit Val bullied you out of it. It's okay. We all know it.

Don't forget the gender bender perk in Jurassic Park (and probably elsewhere), for those into that.

Who cares if he does? With the way he acts he'll most likely ignore us completely, and if he doesn't he'll at most drop in to offer some passive aggressive word of god on the setting designed to make things shittier for people wanting to interact with the setting in their fun escapist imagination game.

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Please don't remind us.

>Virgin Naruto Run
>Chad Devilman Sprint

user.
user I'm not sure how to tell you this, but

I'm going to share the Harry Potter Jumps with Rowling, and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

Grab the Basic Biomods and Clean Metabolism augments from Eclipse Phase. Doesn't help against environmental grime but it cuts biological ickiness to almost nil.

Say Val, for the DBS Jump could we have a +0 drawback for Meme worthy DBS ToP? Instead the shitter we have now? Like El Hermano, Gohan Blanco, La Perfeccion? Because Jiren is a shitty ass villain, he apparently was trained to be past GoD levels. He just wants to use his wish to bring back his dead parents. He doesn't care about his allies, and views everyone besides himself as insects. Only reason he's on the squad was because the chance to get a wish to bring back his parents that were killed by bandits.

Which part? Sb obsession? Go there yourself and see the whole hundred-page long threads they have on his stuff.
Or are you talking about my rebuttal to that user from last thread? What else can you expect as a response to made up nonsense, lies, subjective opinion that had nothing to do with the work and exaggerations?
If I am high user, it's the high I get from being in the right and forcing a deeply wrong user into spitting vitriol rather than talking calmingly over the internet. Thank you for that.

>I could link you to a review thread where they do segment out quotes, but you'd just accuse me of taking things out of context.
Please don't make assumptions about how I'd react, user. You don't know me. If those threads are on SB, then please don't bother. I've read them already and have a low opinion them. If you have something not from SB then please share.

>>Also completely ignoring context, misapplying actions and making stuff up as you go.
You are moving the goal posts, user. I was responding to what you said from Chuunin Exam Day now you are bringing up a completely different point from Partially Kissed Hero. One I would agree with you on, in that the context does matter.
There are plenty of Harry Potter fanfics that have percieved or reinterpreted the abuse Harry suffered at the Dursley's hands as more severe and later have them facing a comeuppence, are you suggesting that should be ignored and the Durselys should only ever be treated as though their behavior matched canon, even if their abuse was much worse or never happened at all?

>You may in fact be Perfect Lionheart, he likes CYOAs and he's been known to sockpuppet
Le gasp! I must be him. Goodness only knows no one else could possibly have an opinion on a fanfic that differs from yours. If you can't talk sensibly then please let me know and I'll stop wasting my time with you. If you want a proper conversation then stop that nonsense.

Sorry about that, user. But yeah as pointed out I severely underestimated Go Nagai. Not only is his writing emotionally exhausting if you try to binge it, but a lot of crazy shit goes down and it's a lot to digest. I tip my hat to you, sir Nagai. You did what Nasu couldn't - you made me flee from a franchise while screaming at the top of lungs.

Also I'm kind of getting sick of only making escalation jumps. I just want to go back to silly Japanese people in weird costumes punching each other. Or JRPGs where the power levels are vague and math-powered.

Fair enough. I might downgrade the Cortosis gauntlet to a 200 CP level purchaseable and slot the Sigma in there.

Right now I'm most worried about coming up with a 600 CP item for Jedi and Moffs. Once that's done I might just consider the jump finished Primarily due to how much difficulty I'm having with thinking of an 800 CP item for Spies and troopers.

>Fuck off, user
How did Perfect Lionheart hurt you user? Here, use this teddy. Take your time.

Valeria has already said that Gohan Blanco memeshit will be a drawback and Shaggy will be a companion. Also pic related, DBS might not need a drawback for that to stuff to be canon.

Why is there no MC140 Scythe-class ship anywhere in this jump?

Any JRPGs you thinking of grabbing then? After your plate is empty anyway.

You also need new 600 options for a lot of origins.

>pic
Oh well that is just adorable... wait what did that child just say?

Doooo eeeeiiittttt!!!!
I'm not sure what would happen, but I'm sure it'll be awesome.

>Just a note, I'm going to be dropping the claim I had on Devilman.
Oh... I'm sorry to hear that, Heavens.
Imma gonna cry in a corner now.

My priorities are mostly Chrono Cross, Terranigma, and Breath of Fire 2 and 4. I'll be chipping away at IG first during those and then wrap it up with Tau.

Beyond that, I don't know. Probably more nostalgia games from the SNES era or some of the earlier Final Fantasies. 5 in particular for the class options, and 4 for fun.

How do you do style, /jc/?

Because I didn't make any alliance origins.

Fool that I am, I thought that the story ended at issue 20 after Krayt and Cade's first confrontation because of the file I'd downloaded being incomplete. As such I didn't see the Alliance in action.

How do you figure?

Reposting because I'm an idiot an didn't realize the last thread was dying.

I want my companion to have a Metavore equivalent and I don't do perk sharing for this chain. Do you guys know where I could find such a perk?

>Fool that I am, I thought that the story ended at issue 20 after Krayt and Cade's first confrontation because of the file I'd downloaded being incomplete. As such I didn't see the Alliance in action.
Read the rest of them!

Dark Souls. Grab him a Dragonslayer Spear and finish what the Good Lord Gwyn started.
Then companion Ornstein and Duo-Jump on all the heads!

Ring of Red, mah boy. Was just discussed further up in the thread.

The Spring of Drowned Girl/Boy in Ranma 1/2 is the best option for genderbending shenanigans in the whole chain.

I don't. Stylish people tend to either die quicker or be the protag and survive impossible stunts. I'd rather bet on safety though so I dress in the most bland and uninteresting garb possible.
Oh the plus side enemies have compelttely overlooked me in the past because how could I be the final boss? I wear beige for pete's sake.

Oh, I did. But that was the structure I had in mind when I was first sketching out the initial jump, and so the origins were just what they were.

>How do you figure?
Because there is a huge gulf between the 600/800 CP options. One of them has a single AT-AT for just 100/200 less than a capital ship!

Narnia.

That's Evercleansed. Metavore is Diaries, but that won't help because there's no import.

>Please don't make assumptions about how I'd react, user. You don't know me. If those threads are on SB, then please don't bother. I've read them already and have a low opinion them. If you have something not from SB then please share.
I could post Das Sporking, but I figure you'd probably have the same response given that they also have a negative opinion of his stories. But the point was never to show you the reviews, it was that the review threads would have the story separated out into quotes I could point to more easily. You know "fourth quote in this post", that sort of thing.

>You are moving the goal posts, user. I was responding to what you said from Chuunin Exam Day now you are bringing up a completely different point from Partially Kissed Hero. One I would agree with you on, in that the context does matter.
Well, I was trying to go for the overall pattern for behavior. Taking Jared's work as a whole, not just a specific story, because he's got people being awful in all of his stuff. But fine, fair enough, the way I presented things is kind of incoherent. So let's talk about Chunin Exam Day. What do you want to be addressed first?

>There are plenty of Harry Potter fanfics that have percieved or reinterpreted the abuse Harry suffered at the Dursley's hands as more severe and later have them facing a comeuppence, are you suggesting that should be ignored and the Durselys should only ever be treated as though their behavior matched canon, even if their abuse was much worse or never happened at all?
The point was that doing evil to evil is still doing evil, don't get fixated on the non-canon part. I was just saying that to emphasize how Jared loves to inflate crimes against his protagonists as a justification for their disproportionate responses. It never works, though, they still come off as petty. Like, to use an example from Chunin Exam Day, he does the "Sasuke is entitled" fanon as justification for why it's okay to vivisect him.

Stylishly

What's the catch to becoming one of your Companions?

Shut up.

>Good Lord Gwyn

That's a funny joke man.

And for the first half of the pick up line:

Isn't that just an alt-form based on a single specific person's appearance?

Perhaps, but the cost of the origin acts as the differential there. Figure it's only natural that cheaper origins get shittier stuff, to a degree.

I may swap it out to the AT-AHT, though, which is its newer model that has even more firepower and an 80 km/h top speed, somehow.

Pic related?

I'd like to talk about this more with you user, but I fear we are getting on the bad side of the thread.
Do you want to continue anyway?

Unlike other Jumpers, time doesn't stop when I leave a world.
A companion must be willing to leave behind everything for at least a decade

Yeah, you're right. This conversation is getting boring for me, so I can't imagine it's fun for everyone else here. Hey, Lionheart apologist? Can we shelve this? It doesn't belong in this thread.

You must provide headpats
and don't be a dick

>spoiler
Why not just an army of troopers or something for the Stormtrooper 800?

Maybe a massive spy network for Spies?

No clue whether that works, never read Legacy, but those are the first things that come to mind.

Oh, looks like you posted in between page refreshes. Yeah, let's drop it. Later, fan of Jared.

Thank you both for shutting up, you goddamned retards. You are both worse than Jared at least he isn't here.

...not a bad idea, though I think an user was trying it? Are they still around? I hope so because this is a great franchise.

Literal millenia will pass by in subjective seconds for them.They'll see me one day as a pretty powerful guy, then the next thing they know they're in a completely different universe and I'l essentially a walking God in comparison to what I was when they last saw me. Other than that things are pretty nice.

>People having discussion of things we have jumps of are bad.
-user.

See you later, unreasoning hater of fine literature and slandering of great authors. I hope you learn one day to enjoy good fanfic. :^)

>including one where there are actual legal harems and foced prostitution going on
I’m sorry, what?
Did I miss one?

>SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
fluffy pony abuse
>I'm not sure what would happen
because you're an idiot
and influx of retarded normalniggers and tumblrtards is just the tip
>, but I'm sure it'll be awesome.
yeah, no, kill yourself
k thx

The only one I remember claiming was on SB and he seems to have disappeared.

It's on the QQ Drive.

Oh hello. So you're back again. How have you been?

Yes, because having the space in the thread for the next forty-page wanking of the Fate franchise is so much better.

Sssh, user. They'll hear you! You mustn't tempt Fate!

>How have you been?
youtu.be/7HjPxHToVko

>Why not just an army of troopers or something for the Stormtrooper 800?

Feel like that might be aping the Imperious a bit, seeing as it has 3k troopers. But I can probably just take the troopers off of the imperious and slot them into that capstone, that works.

>Maybe a massive spy network for Spies?

Then it begins to overlap with the Moff section a bit. I might just do that, though.

Oh. So it doesn’t count then. Good to know.

Which one is it based on? I need to ‘now for...reasons

>Perhaps, but the cost of the origin acts as the differential there. Figure it's only natural that cheaper origins get shittier stuff, to a degree.
Usually, higher origin costs are higher because of what you get from JUST buying the base origin, not the perks. If you make origins that get shitty stuff compared to the others, no one will take them, because people want fun stuff.

In addition, perks/items should give you stuff that's roughly as good as other stuff other origins get for the same price. This because (amongst other reasons) when someone decides to buy something /outside/ of their origin, which is very possible, you don't want there to be an obviously correct choice.

Used to be that there was no catch. You could join up as a Companion, stick around a few jumps, then leave if you wanted. The only catch was on my end, in that there was never a Stay or Go Home button - I either die or keep going.

Then after I fucked up catastrophically in Seven Deadly Sins, Companions made a deal with that fucking cat. Instead of just 8 active slots, it could be "every Companion active," and a temporary power boost in order to stop me from utterly destroying Liones trying to rescue my daughter (and inadvertently releasing the last 180 years of bottled-in stress, anger, pain, and aggravation on the Holy Knights and populace).

In exchange, they were no longer allowed to leave as Companions - until my journey's end, they're stuck on this ride. Not even death is an escape. This also applies for future Companions - once they enter the next jump, they've consented to be stuck with the rest of us.

Huh. I could've sworn someone posted about it on here recently.

Let me try and actually get my 'current claims' list to zero before I contemplate others, though.