Is it just me or is the TTRPG market the most annoying of all...

Is it just me or is the TTRPG market the most annoying of all? It seems what was once an inexpensive hobby (all you needed to buy was dice really) has become oversaturated with shit like pic related. Its like they keep trying to push all these unnesecary accesories on people - or excessive splat books (everytime I go to a gameshop I see another new 5e book)

And worse than this is all stupid clothing people buy, like "durr i play dnd, look theres a d20 on my shirt".. does this bug anyone else? like yeah i know no ones forcing me to buy this crap but people in my group keep doing so and it just seems like a colossal waste of money and natural resources

Don't buy these products.

This tbqh op.

I get what you mean about bloat, but you can buy a cheap dice tower if you really need one, and that one's sick.

>people are spending their hard earned money on things they like and I don't, help me internet

imagine being this dense

>no ones forcing me to buy this crap
just keep repeating that to yourself and maybe you'll feel better.

kill yourself. If what other people piss their money away on bothers you that much. Or try adn be a frigging turbo-sperg and tell your group "Hey, you're having fun wrong and expressing your enjoyment of MY hobby in a way I don't approve of"

The hobby is as still as cheap as its ever been though. You can even do without buying special dice as there are plenty of decent d6 systems that you can play by just looting a copy of Monopoly or Yahtzee. And buying into an RPG can be pretty cheap with PDFs or just plain old piracy. Splat bloat can be a thing, but it has been a thing for a while and is specific to a handful of RPGs. It isn't like necessary content is cut out of the core books for the sake of the splats.

You are right that graphic t-shirts are stupid though.

>people are enjoying themselves in a way I don't approve of
Isn't that what it all comes down to, really?

Are you a crack addict?, because I dont understand why this bothers you

Neo/tg/ was founded on the idea of "stop liking what I don't like"

Just pirate all your material and borrow people's dice if it's so important that you allocate 100% of your budget on fast food

>Stuff I don't like and people who enjoy my hobby upset me!

The real thing bothering people here is how autistic you are, OP.

I was hoping this would be an actual discussion about horrific book prices that never go down, ever, plus never have sales.
OP needs to just not buy dumb shit.

I agree with you that the market has become totally over saturated and that games themselves have become way too commercialized but at the same time, it means more people and companies will be interested in producing games. Just do what I do, don't buy dumb bullshit. And make fun of your friends who do.

>but people in my group keep doing so
>caring how other people spend their money
Most people are completely retarded, more news at 11.

It's a dumb fancy box that most people will never see because it's through Kickstarter and/or only sold online.

Most people will just buy a $5 bag or use ziplocs, and maybe buy a $15 communal dice tray.

You don't even need to pirate or borrow. Play a free generic d6 based system like GURPS Lite or Fate. Use monopoly dice, a pencil, or a free dice rolling app (the latter obviously gives you many more systems to choose from, since you're not limited to d6). There, you can run any campaign, any setting, literally without spending a cent, legally and owning all your own materials. If people want to spend more than that, that's their business.

Don't ever go to Gencon, op.

We're at a stage in late capitalism where people who are into fringe hobbies can start little cottage industries making bespoke accessories to other hobbyists with disposable income.

If that upsets you, either remind yourself that the gear is entirely optional, or just get more money.

>I don't like this thing I don't need.
Don't buy it?

>People like to buy this thing that isn't necessary and cost money.
So? Unless it's self harming or harming people that depend on said person dose it matter?

This.

Thanks to PDFs, it's never been cheaper to play an RPG.

fpbp

>Its like they keep trying to push all these unnesecary accesories on people - or excessive splat books
It's because roleplaying is SO inexpensive that you can't really make any money off it. Anyone can get one book, or no books, and play forever. If you want to make a living off RPGs you HAVE to shill unnecessary accessories.

>late capitalism
This is the worst meme, we're still in early capitalism.

As always, fpbp

>doesnt like kitshy ttrpg shit
>shitposts instead of ignores

>every time I go to a gameshop I see another new 5e book

how infrequently do you go?