Please post your favorite Yugioh card in this thread and share stories of playing the game, rules quibbles, questions...

Please post your favorite Yugioh card in this thread and share stories of playing the game, rules quibbles, questions, and leaving advice.
It's a Yugioh general!

by far my favorite card

Is it weird I like this card more than something like Change of Heart?

best card

Dark Magician had a great group of cards in general. I kind of wish I wasn't autistic when I was younger and actually used them

The whole line was great.

Despite playing YuGiOh since the day it dropped in the US, I didn't really get into the game until the GX era, where I originally played Elemental Heroes. When the Destiny Hero stuff came out, I found a new favorite archetype and began to run them, regularly hitting Top 5 in the local tournaments. I stopped playing around 2010 and only recently returned, making a new Destiny Hero deck because, again, its my favorite archetype. What really convinced me to keep with the D-Heroes despite getting smacked down in the current meta was the new fusions, the main one being Destiny HERO - Dusktopia.

The main reason he's become my favorite card is because I've got my first 5th place since 2010 on the day I got him. He brought me victory for two rounds by himself.

I used to run this like crazy back in the old days

>At LCS for weekend torny
>Using Hodgepodge burn deck while most other kids are using Basic Beatdown
>Opponents opening turn, plays GAF (2300 Atk) and one facedown
>Play Ameba face up (300 Atk)
>Kid looks flabbergasted, as if i was an idiot
>Play Creature Swap
>Kid expression doesnt change
>Notify him of the 2000 damage he takes from Ameba's effect
>Attack him with his own GAF for another 2000
>Expression shifts from smug shit to browned shorts as he realizes he lost half his life points at the end of turn 2
>Scoops

As for my all time favorite card pic related. used to run a 'deck eraser' or banish using Fiber, 3 soul releases, 3 disappears and just about any other card that let me remove their cards from play while keeping mine.

I hope this guy gets a good end card
I'd have barely known about him if it wasn't for the charmers, I was really fond of the little stories some sets of cards told and following them autistically.
In other news, making a D.D. deck is frustrating because I don't know what to do for high level monsters, and advice? High level monsters that play in the removed from play area? I have Chaos Sorcerer and Lesser Fiend, what else is out there?

Divine Knight Ishzark isnt a bad option, 2300 Atk light Warrior
Sky Scourge Enrise (though you'll need 3 Light Fairy and 1 Dark Fiend in the graveyard to Special Summon it) Use to run him in a funky Kurioboh deck.

Also depending if you are banishing your cards as well, go with Golden Homunculus 1500 Light Warrior that gains 300 attack/def for each of your cards that are banished.

>shit, this guy's field is way more built up than mine, at this rate i'm probably gonna lose
>time to blow up everything and try again
This thing has saved my ass so many times over the years. I'll always love it. Moonlight is great too but it's no substitute for the original. It's a shame that it's not as relevant as it used to be due to everyone and their mother having destruction immunity now, but I still try to fit it in my deck whenever I can.

the ultimate buff boy for beating the shit out of everything, and easy to summon with either hunting hound or overload fusion (or both for double chaos giants), or Power Bond for a 9000 ATK chaos giant

not much more to it than that, he's just a big boy and i love him

sounds like some good stuff user, I'll check it out

You had cooler saving cards than me. I used to just hang my ass on a Marshmallon until I could draw one of the three or so cards I had that could actually deal with anything my friends threw at me.

>ATK/4500
>Your opponent's monsters cannot activate their effects during the Battle Phase.
Somebody at Konami is thoroughly fed up with Utopia's shit.

The problem with Marshmallon is that it doesn't really do anything. It doesn't prevent your opponent from setting up their board, and it doesn't stop them from beating over your monsters and preventing you from setting up yours. It just kinda sits there until they draw their out and OTK you.
Also if you wanna build a Chaos deck don't forget that this boi is officially at 3 now. Also Gren Maju de Eiza makes for a good beatstick, Eater of Millions can help you get cards in your banished zone by banishing your ED since you don't really use it, along with outing a ton of shit. Seriously, it's what Marshmallon wishes it could be. And lastly there's Necroface who has a borderline broken interaction with Gold Sarcophagus.

Yeah, but back in the day lil Marhmallon was all I had going for me. Not many hobby shops around and all that, I still don't know how my friends managed to get their hands on a lot of rare cards when they did but playing against them was like a vision of hell.
Well, for the most part, I eventually got some things the way I wanted them. Made a fiend deck and a dragon deck, both of hose kind of worked. For awhile I used A Legendary Ocean when I got it, which was pretty fun honestly. I eventually got to deal with friends using a lot of remove from play effects Like Chaos Sorcerer, Inferno Tempest, ad then using Graverobber's Retribution. And Rallis the Star Bird

>I hope this guy gets a good end card
I believe his most recent cards had him get redeemed as a Light aligned monster

I don't want to get back into yugioh but I might be forced to. Never understood chains, priority, don't want to learn xyz, pendulum , link summoning. And don't have 4-8 hundred for something that could consistently take locals (I'm guessing, though I do remember there used to be kids that were horrible but would show up anyway). But it's the only thing that's really alive other than magic near me. Pokemon is mostly gay league bullshit instead of tournaments, force and vanguard are non existent.

Isn't he finally reunited with his waifu?

I loved this card, too bad it was always too slow to use.

It will always hold a near and dear place in my heart, particularly because I was rather, am the kind of shit who made their entire deck to pull off one combo or monster.

out of intrest, why would you sacrefice 3 blue eyes white dragons with a total of 9k dmg per round for 1 blue eyes with a total of 4,5k dmg per round?

Cyber-stein+Megamorph t1, my man.

The game-play answer:
There were plenty of ways to get around most of that requirement, like and are probably even more now.
Real answer:
because it's so fucking wonderful to pull off summoning it I no longer care about damage

So you could fuse it with another 3000 atk monster, of course.

but that's even worse. Black luster soilder is also 3k attack, so you go from a potential 12000 to a 5000, hell even if you had ultimate+luster allredy out you still need 5 dragon cards on field allredy to even match that combo.

You think we're done? Now that you have 1 dragon on your field and 4 in your grave, you use Dragon's Mirror to remove all of them from play in order to summon the Five Headed Dragon! Watch as jaws and panties drop when you whip this bad boy out.

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT. I play blue black and my combos arnt even half that long and half that retarded, and i lietrally have a card there that needs me to put 5 monsters in teh graveyard to summon a 5/5 token which i do by using call to the grave

In some cases it's easier to get 1 blue eyes ultimate on the field than 1 blue eyes white.

To get out a blue eyes you had to sacrifice two monsters on the field and summon it. To summon ultimate you could discard 3 blue eyes from your hand and use a "polymerization" to summon it. Or you could use "future fusion" to discard 3 blue eyes from your deck to special summon blue eyes ultimate.

Then after you've done that you could use "dragon's mirror" (shown here) and exile the 3 blue eyes you have in your graveyard and summon another blue eyes ultimate.

I'm talking about the 10+ year old way of getting it out, nobody would do this in a semi-competitive match today.

Because it's actually all a ruse, if you're a real master planner. See, you have this amazing 5000 atk dragon on the field, right? So the first thing your opponent will want to do is remove it. But that is where you spring this motherufcker on him, and get all your removed from play monsters back on the field!

holy shit this is some next level bullshit combo

I feel like this is the kind of move Kaiba would pull in the anime.

It doesn't matter that it's mechanically stupid, because it's the style that counts.

You're a third rate duelist with a fourth rate deck if you think that is the end.
So you summoned the only 3 Blue Eyes White Dragon in the world , which are the strongest dragons in the game. You summoned their combined might in a single monster. You went even further beyond by putting some feeble warrior on top of it. You gave it all away in order to summon the actual strongest dragon card ever made. Then when your opponent was foolish enough to think he could win by destroying that dragon, you spring your trap card and summon all your monster back!
But you don't call yourself the world's greatest duelist for nothing. You sacrifice all your Blue Eyes to summon a god, Obelisk, the tormentor! You then get to see the look of despair in your opponent's eyes as you tribute your remaining two monsters in order to destroy his Dark Magician. That is when they will know that you are their superior, not only in dueling, but in life. You summoned the most powerful cards in the game. You used them as stepping stones to summon a god. You made that god your bitch and made it destroy whatever your opponent has. An impossible feat for commoners, but for you it's just another work day.

My only story is as a like 8 year old trying to play at those books-a-million tournaments. For those that aren't familiar I think there was a pretty big series of tournaments through the US held at books-a-million stores where the entry fee was a holo or two rares or something like that. Winner took all those cards home. The first time I came I was really fuzzy on the rules and somehow skipped over the part about summoning rules based on how many stars a monster had, and this was back when only season 1 was dubbed and I thought the anime was (mostly) following the rules. My first opponent was another kid who watched me plop down a 200-something card deck and try to summon a 6 star without sacrificing, and had to explain the rules to me. His deck was shit so we played for a bit but I still lost and just played with a couple other kids who also had no clue how the game was actually played.

The next time I came back with a reasonably-sized deck but ended up playing some adult with some shit like this
and that continuous trap that let you flip a coin every turn and if you got it right then your opponent's attack just didn't happen. He got it right every time, not sure if he was cheating or not because I remember the judges kept bothering him about it later on.

After that I'm pretty sure the store shut down the tournaments early because the kids were misbehaving, even though they were way better behaved than any tcg or fgc tournaments I've been to since then

>Am
>Have pulled this actual combo off IRL (in casual play with friends)
>There was an audience
it was worth it just for the expressions.
Return from a different dimension is already a jawdropper card. using it to get fucking 3 blue eyes and their own fusion is orgasmic.

Every single Agent card. Earth especially.

My roommate opened these in a box he paid $35 for

>Kaiba
>Sacrificing Blue Eyes
>For Obelisk
Kaiba has done literally the exact opposite of that move

That pic get's me every time.

>mot maximum crisis
>no ash blossoms

no thank you.

>shitting on trickstar reincarnation

Because it's not 9k damage, it's 3000 damage 3 times, which won't beat an enemy's monster with 4000 ATK, and you'll need to beat that or get rid of it somehow if you want to win. In that case, burst damage works, in exchange for DPS.

It's truly inspirational.

Your opponent can't banish cards.
When your opponent special summons, you can discard a card to summon this QT.

1. It's came from one of my first yugioh decks so it bring back memories.
2. It piss people off and make them go "WHO THE FUCK PLAYS THAT SHIT?".
3. Makes people rage quit on Dueling Network.

>I play blue black and my combos arnt even half that long
That isn't even a long combo. If you aren't Extra Linking your opponent and dropping an Iblee on them consistently turn 1 you aren't doing shit.

>exchange
>foolish burial
>monster reborn
Oof

That nigga losing Exodia must be tilting so hard

Another reason why Exchange is good besides giving your opponent a normal 7lv monster.

Either this one nigger activated Exchange with Pot of Greed and Raigeki in his hand, or this other nigger activated Exchange with Exodia pieces in his hand.

As an MTG player, I've recently taken an interest in. yugioh because of this insane shit. How dead is the game? How expensive is it?

Man, I fucking loved the Chaos Dragon decks and just vomiting your deck out if you opened with a Future Fusion.

Right now, a competitive deck will probably run you around $500-700 to build from scratch. You can cut that down a lot by forgoing an Ash Blossom playset, but that card's expensive for a very good reason and you really want it if you can afford it.

How competitive are we talking about? Are there multiple formats like in MTG? I usually play Commander with my friends, which is a format where you can comfortably use low budget decks. Are the powerlevels in Ygo that different? Or will you be ok if you take some meme like the one mentioned above? I'm not planning on winning any tournaments

YGO does not have rotating sets, but they might as well call it that since the next set makes other competitive decks obsolete. You're still allowed to use everything in the game's history apart from the banlist, but cards that were considered overpowered as fuck like Dark Armed Dragon are now considered laughably weak.
That said, this is mostly the upper levels. If you want janky combo shit you should look into Infernities or Chaos Dragons. The former is a deck that can make combos that take literal days to pull off since they can loop, the latter builds boardstates like you see above. I myself play Skull Servant and it's stupid but I love it.

I ran exactly one copy of this card in all my decks just to spite autists with more expensive cards. I was petty. One guy got off a Shooting Quasar, negated a false-flag trap, and brought me low enough to spring this on him as he was about to use his second attack. The match overall became a draw because of that.

This. Although there is no sets, but because of the power creep, you need to play the latest set are be underpowered hard. Or you can always go Anti-Meta like me and play the old cards.

Just one more way YGO is fucked.

Pulled this. It wasn't exactly good since it was easy to negate and wait out. It was hilarious though, because every time I played it it took like three minutes for them to wrap their head around all the stupid bullshit it did.

I really wanted to play the deck that combined this with Sephylon and some self-mill cards to just instantly summon two or more 4k/4k beaters with no cost, for fun, but never got around to it.

That is why I stop playing YuGiOh for years, it been fucked for a very long time.

Since day 1 really. In order to avoid copyright issues (as well as a copycate reputation) YGO overtly went out of its way to invert every design decision in MtG, and the resulting is awful. Some things are tolerable like the combat system or face-downs traps and flip effects. Other stuff is just horrible, like the Type and Attribute system. Don't get me started on how deep a fail that constitutes. I'm not even a huge fan of Magic's mana colours, and it wipes the floor with YGO.

I have a VWXYZ deck I like to use with this.
I never get to use it.

I wish Buddyfight was more popular, it's like Magic, but without the retarded land system.

Never heard of it, but if it gets around the Land system then I'm interested.

Land cards should really have their own deck, and any card draw can come from either deck.

look into force of will if you like no land mtg.

FOW is Commander with no lands essentially.

Imagine having an energy system, but you can feed it by discarding a card that you don't need and drawing another card. It's amazing.

I try to get into Force of Will, didn't like it.

>FOW is Commander
You mean it's singleton? That'd really kill my interest.

Not familiar with Force of Will either. I'm more familiar with YGO really than any other card game, which desu is precisely how I know it's so bad.

Interesting, is that the only energy system in the game? It seems pretty balanced (discarding a card is a harsh cost but you get two benefits), but I wonder if it's diverse enough on its own.

You know, here's something I don't see talked about much in these threads: Pokémon TCG. That's a game that's gone in weird and honestly not so good directions since I last attention to it, circa the 90's. It was also pretty imbalanced back then, but I did like its systems. Anyone else?

It's an energy system, but you only gain one energy(discarding and drawing) per turn so whatever you are doing better work. So if you waste energy or use too many energy costing cards, you will die. But this games go fast as I have been one shotted by my opponent on his first turn.

>Grade 4.
>Gets this card.
>Didn’t read it properly.
>Says change all monsters’ attributes to another.
>Thought it meant change all monsters to others.
>Plays against other people.
>They didn’t notice it either.
>Use it to turn weak monsters into Obelisks.
>Accidentally becomes win button.
>Finds card years later.
>Reads it properly, and notices actual description.
>Feels like an idiot for not being able to English back then.
>Still no idea how I got away with it.

I think I'll have to look more closely at the game to get what's going on. Did you say this was a Magic variant or it's own game? I forget

tribal blue-eyes is good shit.

Never ran a deck around him but fuck was this a boss card.

I always wished I had a full set of the charmers and their cards, they were always some of my favorites
I've had such an itch to play lately, but there isn't too much activity around me and I don't think Duel Links is really cutting it, what can I do?

duelingbook or YGIPRO

>tfw I loved the art for all my dragon synchros but I sold my YGO collection on a whim because I was salty about the awful competitive meta at the time and now I regret not keeping my cooler ones

Pic related for one of my more recent favs.

I PLAY POT OF GREED!

Okay, but what does it do?

IT LET'S ME DRAW TWO CARDS FROM MY DECK!

Used to play a lot with my little brother when I was younger. I remember we went to a tournament in 8th grade at some local library, I was using a water deck I'd put together. This was during the synchro era.
Weirdly enough, I fucking destroyed everyone with my old-ass ghetto cards, including the 20+ year old neckbeards that made fun of me for being young. It was a fun time.

Playing my boy is going to be a lot harder with grinder at 1.

Number 1 waifu coming through. I traded so many jank rares to my friend to get one of these for my dark deck with shadow ghoul.

Loved wrecking people with him.

Just wait for the retrain, Witch's Apprentice's Master

Yang Zings were the best.

Is there anything greater than summoning this bad boy with 12k ATK and wrecking their boss monster?

Loses to Samurai Destroyer

I'd rather use the Veeky Forums alternate art.

that guy would actually be pretty decent in an Ojama deck

the best time to play that is when you have no other cards in your hand, or at least the only other card is one that won't be good at all for your opponent

Is there a Buster Blader one?
If not i might try making it.

I don't know anything about YGO and I've never played it but I found one of these on the ground and kept it

Yeah your fellow resident memer made it

By the way I made these in a /v/ thread if you guys want them

I forget the original card but it was a floating head that looked like two face.

I also forget what this card was but it had something to do with the number 6. That's all I made for that thread.