There's technically nothing heretical about sharing a drink with a tau

There's technically nothing heretical about sharing a drink with a tau

right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5bDClfzNJh8
youtube.com/watch?v=Pn7oEYe4ePc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Unless it's a drinking contest intended to prove Humanity's superiority, followed by the execution of the Tau in question, it would be heresy. When in doubt, approach your nearest commissar and confess your lack of faith in Mankind's manifest destiny along with your lack of zeal for exterminating the xenos.

Depends on who you ask. A radical Inquisitor might be okay with it depending on the reasons. Anyone else in a position of authority answers the question with a bullet to your head.

There's technically nothing heretical about tying up a tau, putting horseshoes on her, and making her pull freight, is there?

Of course not. I mean, you could also use them as cattle, like grox and whatnot

Tau are basically a very minor power that gets shilled way too hard, right?

Like compared to all the other factions they have basically no power as a star-faring civilization relatively or long-term attachment to the major plots of the setting.

Are Tau females as obsessed with horseshoes as humans women are with well...shoes? Can you win a Tau female's heart by gifting her with horseshoes?

no, that's way too kinky

Not anymore. Now they are of the sizer of a small Necron Dynasty.

No but there's much that's blasphemous about it. Seriously, somebody get the Inquisition a fucking dictionary already, they're embarrassing themselves.

Depends who you are.

Fucking an Air Caste wouldn't be that great, her bones are hollow and will basically snap if you put any serious force or weight on her.

youtube.com/watch?v=5bDClfzNJh8

>Can you win a Tau female's heart by gifting her with horseshoes?
if she let's you put it on yourself, you pretty much got her

pigeons actually live under Earth's gravity all the time.

They aren't disgusting inferior spacenoids rife with health issues from not being bound by gravity.

So what I'm hearing is that you just have to make sure she's on top?

You can do whatever you want with the tau as long as you kill them afterwards. That also works for other xenos except the chaos servants.

Dairy-fresh tau milk!

No. Horseshoes have to be handmade and fitted to the individual and as such they can't just be bought. If you can not only have her sit down for the entire process of the manicuring, measuring, melting, fitting, and nailing the shoe on all while you bang away loudly nearby with a hot ass forge nearby while you manhandle her you've already one her heart and the shoeing is merely an act you do out of love much like watching grey's anatomy with your wife or not complaining about her cooking.
Further more they seem to have their own form of actual shoes you could just give them and they have cloven hooves not a solid hoof so you couldn't shoe them in the first place.
Tl;dr No. They probably think that's fairly racist and wouldn't make much sense if you actually thought about it. Buy them a fancy swimsuit they wear under their armor or something utilitarian but more advanced than standard issue if you want to win their hearts.

>entire civilization is the size of a single, small Necron Dynasty
Yeah, minor power confirmed.

>implying snapping her inferior xenos bones while fucking her isn't "that great"

It puts them at the top of the bottom, though, since even a small Necron dynasty is a huge pain in the ass.

The Q'orl, Fraal and Bargehsi empires are bigger than the Tau empire.

Basically the T'au are currently a minor faction that pales in comparison to the strength of all the other major factions. However, unlike those major factions, the T'au are making strong and steady progress towards expansion and their technological growth has been far more rapid than anyone else. They also have the best tactics of any faction in the game.

So basically, while the T'au are only a minor faction, they punch far above their class and have the most potential of any faction in the game.

Do the Q'orl do anything anymore? Considering they are close to Terra and they don't have any meaningful way of warp travel, shouldn't erradicating them be easy?

>Basically the T'au are currently a minor faction that pales in comparison to the strength of all the other major factions. However, unlike those major factions, the T'au are making strong and steady progress towards expansion and their technological growth has been far more rapid than anyone else. They also have the best tactics of any faction in the game.
LMFAO, Tyranids would like a word. They develop new tactics and biotech in a week equivalent to what even the T'au take years to accomplish.

The Tau couldn't punch above their weight, outside of skirmishes against orks, their 1st and 2nd sphere of expansion were mostly because nobody could really oppose them. The 3rd sphere, which provoked the imperium and they got their shit kicked back into Tau space. And that was only when they sent a few space marine chapters to go deal with them. A full on 'Indonmitus' level crusade would wiped them off the galactic map.

Considering its a pain in the ass to cross the Domacles Gulf, and it takes the Tau YEARS to cross the gulf, they aren't as big as a threat as they like to think.

>most potential
Well...if they would if they had souls.

"Close to Terra" doesn't really mean what you might infer it means. Imperium space is extremely patchwork and thinly spread. There are wilderness zones of space (which makes up over 99% of the galaxy) near Terra more dangerous than zones out on the Eastern Fringe that are closer to strongholds.

Each world in the Imperium is like an island separated from the next by millions of miles of ocean with 999 uncharted, monster infested islands somewhere in the fog of war between it and the next safe Imperial one.

to clarify my comment, the Demiurg were squats who joined with the tau and gave the tau ion weapons after the tyranids ate their planet. The Vespids were conquered via mind control helmets. The kroot were pretty much enslaved because tau could carpet bomb them from orbit while kroot were pretty much still caveman level technology. And most of Tau's battlesuits and engines were reverse engineered Imperium technology.

They are literally 1 rampant AI away from being a blue skinned mirror of the imperium heading into an age of strife.

Aren't they ultra underdogs

>And most of Tau's battlesuits and engines were reverse engineered Imperium technology.
Wait, what? Do you have a source for that?

>They are literally 1 rampant AI away from being a blue skinned mirror of the imperium heading into an age of strife.
I still want a Tau Civil War campaign, where Farsight discovers some archive were the history of humanity is recorded, and decides to warn the Ethereals, and the Ethereals are seduced by some sort of evil entity (the Deceiver comes to mind) that promises them power to expand the Greater Good beyond their borders. That could be fun.

Naw, they are the naive newcomers who have no idea what psykers are or what chaos is, and have no idea how many alien races are just as dangerous if not worse than humanity.

It wasnt until after the 3rd sphere of expansion that they learned about the warp, they still travel across space without gellar fields, and havent really encountered the tyranids, necrons and only recently learned about chaos. God forbid they actually come across a species worse than the orks like the Hrud, Umbra, and others and they will become a bit more xenophobic.

Iirc, they're still a young race, so they haven't had time to develop souls.

Humans had souls when they only had one planet

Im not sure if its still cannon or not but in earlier fluff the tau developed their gravtic drive from studying the remains of a crashed imperial ship on their moon, but couldnt fully comprehend it due to not having any psykers.

Other technology could have feasably been developed by reverse engineering as well, only to be later improved due to the tau not having any qualms about the machine spirit or AI. IIRC early tau battlesuits ran off natural gas, then fission reactors and finaly fusion.

Hrud aren't that bad. Sure they keep slaves but they don't wage war without a cause.

not to mention one of the most powerful daemons was formerly a human, Skaarbrand (Genghis Khan).

there are some other aliens in 40k more dangerous than the hrud, like the Rak'Gol but I am having a brain fart on their names.

That depends on intent. If you're sharing a drink with tau as a means of facilitating their extermination, you're fine.

Literally anything on death worlds

Why is this awesome?

>tfw you will never go drinking with a Tau grill and sample her "blueberry pie"
We all know Tau women prefer human men, could we cause a scism in their civilization by boning them?

The T'au are the plucky underdogs of the setting, that's why people like them so much.

To do that you’d have to dodge the inquisition AND infiltrate tau inner sanctums to successfully bed an ethereal.

>bedding an Ethereal
Ew...

Sounds like a mission for Serpentis Solidus.

It's also why a lot of people hate them. Some people are of the opinion that plucky underdogs should be crushed under heel by the grimdarkness.

I think they're a welcome addition. They'll always be a minor faction, so they won't change the grim darkness of the setting all that much, but they give us someone to root for. Too much grimdarkness and the audience grows apathetic to it all.

I wish the Tau were mote focused on the "Confederation of several alien species" part. They could keep the weeb aesthetics

>muh tech
>muh tactics
you've just summed up why I hate the tau so much

>implying implications

user, tau ethereals are musclegirls. Short, tight, Veeky Forums, and lots of experience.

Basically. It's just different tastes. I'm of the opinion that a minor faction that hasn't been fully corrupted by the horrors of the galaxy is a great counterpoint to the other factions. They also fit in with the Imperium and Eldar as different stages of Empires. Tau are on the way up, Imps are stagnant and Eldar are on the way out.

Lastly, they add a nice playstyle to the tabletop. No psychic protection, barely any melee but powerful shooting that benefits a lot from different units working together.

But that's not an opinion when it comes to that setting.

You had better not be lying to me. Ill do it, but only if im told to by the Ordo Xenos.

I don't hate them per se. But fuck me if their accomplishments aren't a tad far-fetched at times. The bit about them beating the tyranids really gets on my nerves.

Didn't they have help from the DE?

The use of xenos is sanctioned if it is in the best interest of humanity.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pn7oEYe4ePc

Which sucks, as a Tau player I feel like their Orwellian overtones, secret experiments, and brutal caste system aren’t played up enough. I like Muh giant robots but I feel out of place playing as the good guys.

Depends.
If it is to trick a xeno to drinking something nasty, it's not heretical.
If you have the appropriate inquisitorial authority to mingle with the xenos to perform investigation, it is not heretical.
If you have a Warrant of Trade, it is not heretical, provided you make sure humanity profits outlandishly from any deal you make.

If you are but a humble menial, you should be spending your free time in the convent like a good emperor fearing citizen

If the Tau aren't the good guys then they have almost nothing going for them and they shouldn't even be a playable faction considering how minor they are.

Yea, like when Tyranids attacked a Tau world and they ended up in a constant war of changing tactics, which was a total stalemate until the Necrons arrived and killed everything. Or was that a different Tyranid invasion? I can't remember right now, they're all the same anyway.

Read the Farsight Books (Arkunusha war, the domacles gulf and Crisis of Faith) and Farsight starts to really get an idea of just how fucked up the Tau are. Whenever the collective is more important than a single individual and the things dones 'for the greater good', he really see's how fucking brutal the Ethereals are. Thats why he fucks off and creates the Farsight Enclave. The Tau are seriously fucked because of how ass-backwards and naive the ethereals have driven the tau into being.

I have roughly 20k points in imperial armies (my space marine chapter, SoB, deathwatch, grey knights, elysians, warhound titan) and I picked up a tau army (have a little over 3k in tau) and made them FSE after reading the books and lore on Farsight. Only Tau I respect because he is the only tau who has any sense to use a melee weapon for something other than killing themselves.

Prove it

Thanks user, Tau no longer looks like a word anymore. Use more pronouns, for fuck's sakes.

"Help" from them, then DE did as DE does.

Farsight seems like a huge Gary Stu.