What helps you stop being butthurt at a session gone bad,in general or you specfically?

What helps you stop being butthurt at a session gone bad,in general or you specfically?

A reminder that it failed because I fucked up. My anger is directed internally and feels righteous, as if I had not been so bad, things would have gone better. That they did not is proof of my failures. I do not take things out on others and strive to always meet or exceed their expectations, though I always fall short of my own. This failing drives the cycle forward and ensures I am always striving to provide the best experience possible for others. That I am miserable while doing so is irrelevant, as they never know and so it does not matter.

Time. I don't have a method for getting over bad rolls because the dice control everything and when they make a lier of me I don't see a point to even try
>have you tried not playing dnd.meme
What systems are less reliant on die?

It's not even D&D I'm asshurt over, it's GURPS.

Being an adult usually helps not being an immature fuckup that gets mad over shit like that.

There is a difference between actually being visibly and vocally mad and being kinda miffed at a night of bad rolls.

Having a plan sessions in the making to completely ruin the other players aspirations come to fruition, or the obvious but slow corruption of the DMs campaign as I begin to agree with the antagonists goals """"in-character"""" and begin to turn others to the cause but am too integral to the party for them to kill or for the DM to kick so they have to throw out weeks worth of planned content or attempt to stone-fall the entire group without looking like an assmad faggot.

Huh, that's a first. I still just struggle to keep it upbeat when what folks have said about roll20 and its patterns proves true. Good rollers keep rolling high, rarely miss or fail. I roll d20+9 and 15 is still my cap. People tell me they like playing with me because its "funny" and sure, it might be to them. But this shit is why my dm rolls for me and why he's allowing me to roll in meatspace.

I'm going to cheat. I'll miss when I feel it appropriate and keep pace with Billy Hexblade in the meantime

I only really play in person, so it's not Roll20 related issues. It's just not fun to be knocked out for a big part of a session, sitting there doing nothing for an hour or more because you botch a roll.

Sure is. But you should generally be mad either, unless there are good reasons you can explain in a civil way.

That is true. I can at least speak and rp a bit. But the instant I'm called on to make a check, a s ave or attack it's a fail. Consistent over several sessions, characters, DM's and roll methods. Clicking my stats, using the 3D dice, the slash roll command. They all do the same thing.

but on your point, is your party just leaving you down when this happens?

Yes, because every single time I've fallen unconscious in this particular campaign, it's been either a Health or Dodge save (again, GURPS) right before combat actually begins. The party do first aid and stuff once combat is over, but I think I've gone a couple of sessions now without actually participating in combat.

"You've seen my rolls. I'm not having any fun whatsoever. I'm sorry my attitude is unpleasant, but I won't pretend to have a good time when I can't convince a dirt farmer to step back and let me handle the problem"

Your choice to play bad games like that, man.

Anyway getting mad for that? Really? Are you stil in midle school?

Have you tried the human speaking? Or perhaps reroll something that will motivate them to see to you immediately. If they can ignore you and get by just fine then something should probably change

My friend will buy me a Mars bar if he sees that I am upset at the table. I think he thinks I am autistic. I also think I am autistic at times.

I think it's my fault for rolling a more social-oriented character anyway. I enjoy that part of roleplay and my rolls tend to be solid, but my character isn't even mechanically terrible at combat, he just keeps getting removed from combat before it even happens. And the party generally doesn't come out "just fine," either. I don't expect a handout, but goddammit I want to actually play the game.

I take heart that it will probably make a good yarn later on after I've cooled off.

Lot of my sessions have been like this lately. Ive made rash or otherwise poor decisions that, at the time, I thought were great idea's.

I usually play slow methodical characters but the other players were showing impatience with that, so I changed it up.

One character is dead to ancient dragon and I'll probably make it two by by the end of the next session. Separate campaigns and groups too.

Course sometimes you just dont roll what you need to. I've been called the groups karmic lightning rod. I roll terribly, and horrible things happen to my characters all the time. When I roll at my worst folks are rolling straight aces.

If I do roll well, its usually followed by several atrocious rolls. My first major group coined a verb after my character to explain missing by the smallest of margins, usually a single point of attack.

My DM states he wants me to go to vegas with him so I can roll dice at a nearby table and absorb the bad hoodoo in the air.

You breathe in, you breathe out, and you get over it.

It's pattern recognition user. I really do seem to be cursed and after several games where I've been mechanically useless in combat, social and exploration. I don't have the positivity to shrug it off. I think "well shit, another game I can't contribute to" This is, I admit a problem of mine. I NEED to feel useful. But the party can pass any save without me, make checks just fine and kill things no matter what I roll. I feel useless because I can't add or help anything and that makes me ree

Change games. Diss out entirely RPGs with randomizers, even.

Sure, but change to what? Veeky Forums likes its dnd meme but it's rare to see people actually recommend something

Alcohol.

Alcohol usually makes me more likely to ruminate too much on little things and blow things out of proportion

I start up a difficult platformer and die a lot.

For non-randomizer RPGs.

When that happens you just keep drinking.

I didn't know there were more than one of you. One of my players is like this. He has rolled consistently badly for years now, using various systems and dice. He doesn't seem to improve the rolls of everyone else, though.

>get home, eat something greasy
>huff some marb reds
>flip over in bed, sleep
I don't even sweat it anymore. Learned this the hard way after dying 15 minutes into a 5hour session within the first turn of combat. Try this routine, Veeky Forums, it makes me wake up just fine the next day.

>Roll20 Patterns

Uh. What? Please do tell, I'm scared now

It sounds like you'll kill yourself in two years time

I've been doing this for 16 or 17 years now, I don't get angry or sad anymore. I think about what went sideways, maybe write down some notes because I find the act of writing things down helps me remember, and then I make a plan to avoid the issue next time. If it's too big of an issue to deal with at once I break it into smaller, more manageable issues.

Channel your useless and negative emotions into efforts that will result in actual solutions. Everyone makes mistakes and everyone fucks up from time-to-time. It's how you handle those mistakes that define you and your life.

It’s rare but yeah. Only met one other person who rolled as terribly as me.

She rolled 10d4 and came up with ten ones. It was a one shot so I didn’t get to see much else, but it was the big money shot to finish the boss.

She flubs, he gets away and the dramatic victory is spoiled.

Her friends told me I should hold an exorcism for my dice after she handled them, but I told them it was already too late.

So you're literally insane and blaming your problems on bad dice rolls.

...why?

Planning revenge.

This is really unhealthy user.

Yet, it works and works well.

>blaming your problems on bad dice rolls
His problems are bad dice rolls you retard. Consistent rolls that disallow him from contributing.