3.5 vs PF

So aside from the staff being dicks, is there ANY reason to play 3.5 over Pathfinder?

Fanbase

A few more options, lower power curve. And a few settings like Drow of the Underdark and Reven loft. Mostly Product identity. If you don't like the setting you shouldn't play it, and just skip Gayhawlk unless your a pedophile.

3.5 is better. Amazingly.

3.5 went half retard. PF went full retard.

Half retard is twice better than full retard. Ergo 3.5 is better than PF, in the same sense than having cancer is better than having cancer and aids.

What did PF do so wrong that 3.5 didn't?

Claimed they were changing all the "bad things" about 3.5 when in actuality they were just tacking on their own shitty mechanics while fixing none of 3.5s issues.

3.5 was unintentionally bad.

I can play a Half-Giant Spiked Chain wielding battlefield lockdown fighter in 3.5 and be moderately effective in 3.5.

>and just skip Gayhawlk unless your a pedophile

I never gave much thought about Greyhawk expect what was mentioned in 3.5 Player's Handbook. what you on about?

Pathfinder broke more than it fixed. And most of its "fixes" were directly undermined by other "balance adjustments," so...

You're scared of abandoning your op builds and think change is bad.

I love both.
I found that with PF core you could do more stuff and while the designers were not as competent as they think, they indeed tuned down some spell.
Try to build, say, a sword and board fighter with core 3.5 and do it with PF. Also I love in PF classes like the Witch or the Cavalier and the Inquisitor.

Said this, 3.X has some manual that is just a jewel at least for fluff and campaign ideas. Also some people prefer the older implementations of basic stuff like power attack or combat expertise.

Then you have slightly more obscure (I mean, for a noob) stuff like gestalt, or say the fact that you can trip a flyer in 3.5 but not in PF.
Also Pathfinder has really unprofessional shit like the Falcata or dazing spells. The former has been written with no clue i math, and the latter should be an Epic Metamagic Feat.

Kinder, and to a smaller ammount tinker gnomes, are tiny little bastered who every one hates. And in the books these 13 year old kids run around stealing everything, and having sex with humans and the like. Same with the other small races they have to some level.
This on top of D&D fetishizing small people really is just creepy.
It's a setting for pedos, and thats kinda it.

For unprofessional I mean that looks like has been written by an homebrewer, or possibly an unpaid intern.

lmao look at this repressed faggot

That's Dragonlance, not Greyhawk.

I'm not repressed I like me big and strong nigga, give me a ORC anyday.

>they indeed tuned down some spell.
What?

Oh god how new can you be

Read some books instead of repeating memes you heard on Veeky Forums

Never this pic has been more appropriate.

Having played 3.5 since release and only really getting in on pathfinder for a couple years now, I still prefer 3.5 and most of it stems from the mentality of the players who like one over the other, and Paizo just being incompetent retards.
From my experience pathfinder players seem to care more about the numbers compared to what actually is happening in game, everything is some kind of numbers race to them. This isn't to say 3.5 didnt have number chasing but it didn't seem to be the focus among most players I encounterd, maybe its rare and I have been lucky.
Also the community attitude is different, 3.5 players recognize the game as flawed but don't worry about, while pathfinder players assume their game is just better and doesn't have the same problems, thus their cult like obsession with the game.
Maybe I have been lucky or not, this is just the pattern I have observed between the two groups

They are literally the same thing and both are shit.

Some save or die was toned town to damage, save or suck with multiple saves and so on.
also yes lmao, is toned.

Is more the pathfinder BOARDS, not the players.
I posted there long time ago, I appreciated many things but SKR and some attitudes from the usual posters were disheartening.