Would I be an ass to print this on a t-shirt and wear it whenever I DM?

Would I be an ass to print this on a t-shirt and wear it whenever I DM?

The answer is "yes".
But, I wouldn't be an ass if I wore it whenever I was a player.

Make me.

Make me unsee this.

I need to share the pain.

If you print a jpg screencap of text at that resolution onto a shirt, you're an ass regardless of what the text says.

Just stop playing with underages and autists and you won't need a shirt like that.

They can take all the short rests they want they gain benefits of a short rest instead of a long rest. Also roll for initiative, surprise round

All a DM has to do is say that they can't make more spell slots than their daily limit on spell slots for that level. It's not even a house rule, it's an interpretation on vague wording.

I don't understand what is wrong with allowing the PCs to take multiple short rests in a row.

tell us your story OP

It's fine if you're resting for any amount that wouldn't be construed as a long rest. Resting until midnight when you're at dusk, sure. Resting until noon when it's 9AM, sure. Resting until it's dawn, from when it's dusk, using entirely 1 hour rests? No. You didn't sleep. If you did sleep, convince me how on earth you managed to do that now but not have a habit of doing so before? Because if you don't, I'm going to explain that, and you don't want me to explain that.

Oh, if you were actually wondering why people shouldn't let players do that, it's because of Coffeelock. It's a build that, so long as players don't take a long rest, have infinite spells.

>min/maxing D&D
Do redditors really do this?

You sound like
>redit

this reminds me of that seinfeld episode where kramer tried to sleep like 1 hour every 3 hours or something and ended up going insane

Pace yourself!

>

Leaving aside that this is specifically the case of enabling an infinite combo, I was more interested in the attitude than the specific issue.

>People trying to win a rpg...

This. Just don’t play with idiots.

Coffeelock came from tg, actually.

So this is the kind of person that honestly says "MUH FUN"
whoa..