Have to move back home due to extreme circumstances

>have to move back home due to extreme circumstances
>put all my Veeky Forums related materials in a spare room for storage as I try to ge tback on my feat and independent
>come home one day
>spare room is full of nephews (3)
>Warham figures and other models strewn about, many broken
>Many books are so fucked that many pages come loose from their bindings
>Dice sets are now incomplete and also strewn about
>Yell at kids, gtfo of room and start assessing the damage
>Mother yells at me for yelling at kids
>Tell her how much this shit is worth
>Sister arrives to collect children
>Tell her what her kids did
>user, those are just toys, why would you even have those
>Explain how expensive they are
>Pffft, why would they even be worth that much?

And this was AFTER my sister threw away a shit ton of my old magazines because: Why would you even want to keep all these? To this day, I still find shit my nephews pocketed at their house and more of my Veeky Forums related shit strewn about the house Im stayin

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2dbR2JZmlWo?t=9s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sounds like your Sister doesn't respect you.

This is basically my worst nightmare.
I'm so sorry user.

Good time to start a new army I guess.
By the sound of your nephews, good time to buy a safe also.

Sorry for your loss, user. Had a similar experience with my cousin.

I can't afford it and they destroyed a bunch of shit that's out of print

Maybe someone in your group will lend you the models until you rebuild.
Really sucks, damn kids.

Maybe you should have better managed your money my friend. It isn't a cheap hobby and if you honestly cannot budget/afford it and have to go on welfare (or even living with your family) you're doing it wrong.

I was in a car crash

So... Ex-sister and Ex-nephews?

That sounds horrible. A little sympathy for your loss, a little bit if hard truth - you've put a lot of money into plastic figures and game components that the average person won't appreciate.

What you should do is teach your sister a lesson and become a good uncle - when they are old enough, get your nephews into Warhammer.

This is how neckbeards multiply, by passing on our hobbies to the next generation; as did those before us.

Even worse. Sorry dude.
I really can only blame those kids to a certain extent though. My first contact with wargaming was like 10 and my first reaction too was "oh cool models".
They're still assholes but I wouldn't go forming a lifelong grudge against them for it.

Congratulations, your sister is one of the many cunts not responsible enough to breed. Fucking 3 times no less. We need a purge

Nah, those kids are fucked
My sister spoils them and doesn't know when and how to discipline them. They're the kind of kids that start wailing when they don't get what they want and throw tantrums in public.
My sister got mad at me when I tried to get them into Batman from the 90s cause: they weren't old enough for that stuff
They were playing GTA V today tho

I don't blame them, I blame the shit parenting from my sister

Fun story: she was mega pro-life in high school and even attended rallies for the shit. Then she got knocked up at 20 and wanted to get an abortion immediately, which led to hardcore post-partum depression which she STILL takes meds for

Small claims court usually wisens those kind of people up real quick.

There's no point in having that bridge up.

Doesn't sound like OP can afford a lawyer. But OP would definitely have a case and one may be willing to take it up.

Small claims doesn't require one, that's the point.

came here to say this

And the reason you haven't told her to pay for the damages is because...?

Yeah, he'd have to shop around. Usually those working pro bono are doing it to pad their resumes and look good. He may luck out and find someone sympathetic enough to take it. May even be a TGer themselves.

I have, multiple times

She gave me 40 bucks and told me that should cover it

I dunno I've never been to court.
My greatest extent of legal knowledge is getting stuck watching Judge Judy with my parents.

Should have just done what I did. Crack the shits over the heads and let their crying summon their shit mother then when she shows up show her the damage and the price tags on all items then explain she'll either pay for it in full or this will go to court then swallow the cost of lost time and effort of having to repaint everything again.

welp time to invest in locks

Just add up the total cost of the losses and instead of buying birthday/christmas gifts for any of them, spend the money you would have spent on replacement

>taking a sibling to court while living with your parents

Jesus wept.

All I can picture is a grognard in a wheel chair screaming at some fat bitch with a neck tattoo while their mother loudly cries off camera.

>THOSE.. WAS.. MY! WAHAMMER MODELS!
>shut the fuck up you stupid nerd
>THAT WAS $23,000 IN MODELS YOUR KIDS BROKE
>oh yeah well FUCK YOU RONNIE! ONE OF THOSE KIDS IS YOURS TOO!
>loud "oooooh" from audience

How can I even prove the costs anymore, legal bros?
I bought much of these items over 10yrs ago and I sure as fuck don't have any receipts anymore

I'm starting to understand why people become hoarders as they grow older tho

Storytime?

Dude... it's his sister.

Even if she is a cunt, it's pretty extreme to expect Op to take his sister to court. Especially when he's relying on his families generosity to help him in his time of need.

Why don't you actually tell her the amount she owes you? Jesus Christ it's like you're trying to make this difficult for yourself.
>Your kids did X amount of damage to my property
>I am asking you to return X amount of dollars that is owed to me.

>itt, angry manchildren

I have done so multiple times
She refuses

Take a bat to a child.

Throw her the cost of a band aid.

Ask her why she even had those things in the first place.

So you're saying you'd be 100% fine with someone breaking your shit and refusing to pay for it?

No but putting toys in a room where children can access it is just retarded.
Also, it's just models you fags. Get over it and grow up

>being 20+ and getting upset over broken toys

Then do this

Do you even play Veeky Forumss?

The problem isn't that the models and things were destroyed, it was his sister's utterly cavalier attitude about it. If a group of small children broke up a bunch of my stuff and the parents gave a profuse apology, or even showed some sympathy while going all "Oh well boys will be boys" I'd probably drop the matter and take it no further, considering the losses a kind of act of God. Just shit luck.

But she seems like she's being an utter cunt. He would be well within his right to wait until he could support himself then lodge her the bill for damages.

Stop talking to her, refuse to help her, refuse to babysit her kids, and do not associate with her until she pays up or you feel like she's apologized enough that you've gotten over it.

I keep seeing that expression. What is it supposed to convey?

Its a face a lot of modern men make while excited, especially about pop culture or nerd shit. It looks kind of retarded so people mock it relentlessly.

It's some dumb forced meme

yes but I also store my shit properly, and I don't live with my mommy and daddy because I'm an adult. And If some shit got broken/lost I could easily replace it because, again, I'm a fucking adult.

>implying people on this board interact with the rest of society in this manner and is of any use to anyone

Shitposting ahead.

>Look at me I'm a big tough man, I don't care if people break my expensive property because I'm a big tough man
>What's that, you spend over a thousand dollars on models and dozens of hours painting it? Lol its just a toy man

It really makes me drink.

Did you not read OP's post at all?`

>ge tback on my feat
nice

All my savings went to medical bills and as I said, much of the destroyed items are out of print
I'm not being autistic about it as you're implying but it really activates the almonds

>having to spend savings on medical bills
lol, americans XD

Just shoot'em all, you are american for fucks sake. Then kill yourself.

>come home to my parents house, staying there while I recover from a car crash
>walk to my room
>sister's dipshit children are there
>my space marines are on the floor
>tyranids next to them
>marines won
>120 gaunts have become a mountain of the dead, many broken
>carnifex is missing a head and arm
>space marines suffered casualties too
>one kid has stepped on my landraider
>heel of his foot has crushed the entire front of it
>he is still standing on it
>GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY ROOM YOU LITTLE SHITS
>2 run off crying
>the kid that thinks he is an imperial titan smirks and runs off, the land raider under his foot suffers more damage as he leaves.
>assess damage
>OOP Rogue trader books have missing pages
>Original blood bowl unwrapped, one team is no where to be found
>My Infinity nomad army looks like it has been chewed by a dog. My house has no animals.
>I sit down on my bed as I do the math
>I hear a crunch as my arse crushes something
>the little cunts hid my Malifaux crew under my bed covers
>More damage than I can write here
>Sister arrives home, calmly explain that her kids have damaged my collection.
>Oh user they are just toys, kids will be kids, they didn't mean it. Here's $40 that should cover it lol.
>Explain to her that the damage is ~$1500 and many destroyed items can't be replaced, not to mention time painting.
>Haha you're joking user, why do you even have these things, they are toys, grow up lol.

Heres what happened next, summed up.
>Call a lawyer and take sister to small claims court
>Mother is crying in the courtroom
>Win the case and get $2500
>Mother takes sisters side
>user you are tearing this family apart
>We did everything for you when you were injured and this is how you thanks us?
>You need to leave user
>go back to my room, turn the fan on
>cascade of dice rain down upon my head
>that's where those went
>Moving my furniture as I pack to leave
>find even more broken models under a cupboard
>It's the missing blood bowl team

crap like this is the reason small claims court exists

>pay for healthcare now
or
>die in a waiting room

>pay medical bills only when needed and when insurance can't cover it
OR
>higher taxes year round to fund universal health care
Hm...

Nearly hit the nail on the head

I feel your pain OP. The best thing you can do is get her kids in to Warhammer, they are little shits so they will nag her to death and passively eat her funds.

it's le epic noob face

Show the property, Google the properties current market value, claim you want that in cash or legally litigation to receive said cash + emotional damages all while getting the court to make them pay legal fees will follow.
>have cousin who's current dating strategy is to fuck first, get pregnant, shotgun marry, then divorce them after they become abusive while living off the child support
>set of twins off one dad then another child off another dad
>parents are older so I've stuck around to take care of things they can't do without hurting themselves
>have the entire lower floor to myself
>have a room entirely dedicated to storage and easy access of minis, books, materials, paints, supplies, etc.
>just accumulated shit from tabletop career over the decades
>come back from work one day
>cousins house is being renovated or something so her and the kids were there all day
>mother just let's them run around doing whatever because she legitimately believes the strategy that telling them "No." Is bad and filling them with negativity so young is how you turn men into pigs
>It's literally just an excuse for her to let them take care of themselves and do whatever while she sits on her ass
>they broke into the storage room and have been playing with the minis to the point a lot of them broke despite being metal
>cracked open and spilled the expensive paints
>painted on anything they could
>the littlest chewed all the paint brushes
>books torn up or cut into shapes
>basically everything that wasn't in locked container destroyed so about 70% of the hoard
>catch both twins with the outward swing and get the youngest with the backswing
>crying brings their fatass mother waddling down the stairs
>she's just as flippant about it all as OP's sister despite the room itself being wreck with holes in the wall and the hope that the carpet will just need steam cleaning

/v/ is leaking again.

>higher taxes
>Free higher education
>Free healthcare
>Savings on my bank account for shit I actually want to spend it on
>somehow ameritards thinks this is bad because billionaire cheeto president said so

hm....

Yeah just take the small claims. Gather all the broken shit, then do a price search, if they're official prices use those, if not second hand prices will do. If there is no second hand price somehow, try to get hold of an old catalog or something that would have the price, and correct to inflation.

kek

Get a fucking lock

If I can even find it all to tally
I still find minis in odd places every now and then and like I said, if I go to my sister's house, I find some there too every once in a while

Ok captain sweden

That shit doesnt work in a country with over 300mil people
That shit does work in places with under 10mil people

Beat them.

All five of them. Until they fear your iron fist!

>blatantly refuses to pay for damages to either the room or the materials(she had plans to go to haiwaii that year needed all the money she could get to pay for that and babysitters)
>pull out phone
>start adding up current market value for everything and writing it out
>parents are furious about the physical damage to the room as well
>totals around $10k with repair estimates to the room
>she still refuses
>sit her down and outline the legal process I could take her through that would at least triple the quote
>have previously navigated something similar so she seems to think that puts me on par with a lawyer rather than an idiot who let a lawyer do the work
>she forks over the cash for the damages to my property as quoted then paid for the repairs to the rooms as they came
>never see her let those fucking kids out of her sight again
>never fully rebuild what I lost just use the new funds towards current hobby focuses and life goals

A car crash isn't extreme circumstances. If you can't afford to recover financially from a car crash, you certainly can't afford toys. Get your shit together.

>taking your own family to court
>while they're sheltering you in your time of need
This is how law students actually think

Seriously. I have a law student in my gaming group. She occasionally recommends some dumbass shit like trying to get a cop done for corruption. It's like, okay, this is theoretically possible within the law, but it's a terrible idea which will only serve to enrich lawyers, antagonize people, waste your money, and make your life miserable.

Im not gonna blog about the rest of the shit thats happened this past year but the crash is what ate my money and forced me to move in with my mother for the time being

Fuck those kids

depending on the severity of the crash, he might have been in the hospital for months, not to mention the physical therapy that would follow.

Normal wrecks aren't a big impediment, sure. But if you get in a crash where you would've died if you weren't wearing your seatbelt, sometimes you wish you hadn't put it on.

this is the Veeky Forums I know and love

Why would you not get him done for his crime.
Also you have to be a fucking retard or a woman if you think you have to let someone fuck your ass with a broom just because you're staying with them.

>I also store my shit properly
i.e. you paid out $4000000000 dollars for individual safes for each of your things
>I don't live with my mommy and daddy because I'm an adult
Press X to Doubt.
>And If some shit got broken/lost I could easily replace it because, again, I'm a fucking adult.
but be nice to be able to just order up out of print, discontinued, and otherwise no longer made products.

I figured that's what happened. You can be the most financially responsible person in the world and still lose everything like that.

>spend money on medical bills when I need them even if its more than I have
vs
>die in waiting room because of an infected splinter after having funded the same amount as an american in medical taxes so some muslim can get free treatment for the std he caught sharing a dozen underage girls with all the men in his neighborhood.
welp, my almonds are activated.

damn. are we put on this earth merely to suffer?

Someone has never been in a serious car crash.

in the name of the emperor.

you have to be 18 to post on Veeky Forums.

>Why would you not get him done for his crime.
You mean cops? It's their word against yours, the whole system is built in their favor. You might as well just flush your legal fees down the toilet. And suppose the cop tells his friends, what are you going to do, call the cops? They can shoot you dead, plant some drugs, and nothing will happen to them. To say nothing of the more creative ways they might make your life miserable. Maybe after a two-decade-long legal fight with perfect evidence or national attention you *might* get a settlement, but for the other 99.99% of cases you're wasting your time.

And it's OP's sister's kids, being kids. It's not like they set his car on fire or set out intentionally to destroy valuable property. Taking family to court is going to seriously strain his family life, if not tear it apart outright. If that's worth the mere chance of forcing your blood relative to pay you a few grand over perceived disrespect, then more power to you.

youtu.be/2dbR2JZmlWo?t=9s

You are a stronger man than I sir. I honestly don't think I could have gone through that and come out in one piece. I would most certainly end up in a padded room, I'd be lucky if the victims somehow managed to survive.

...No, he's going to get her to pay him over financial damages. Ideally you don't need to take her to court no, ideally she controls her spawn an they don't destroy anything. She didn't, and she doesn't want to take responsibility for her protegees, so, what else are you going to do? Be a spineless little bitch, lose 1500-2000 dollars worth of goods, and have absolutely nothing to show for it since neither she nor the little goblins will have learned a thing?

I don't know what country you're in where cops don't wear cams, don't have audits, and where reporting isn't anonymous. If you're THAT afraid, you probably live in Brazil or similar, at witch point just buy a gun and play sniper.

One or two of these with two padlocks and you're set
Worked for me and I had four shit head younger brothers who loved digging through my things

Women, not even once.

t. guy who doesn't drive

>One or two of these with two padlocks and you're set
Worked for me and I had four shit head younger brothers who loved digging through my things

Came to say the same thing. Since slapping the nephew was frowned upon.

>I keep seeing that expression. What is it supposed to convey?
The poster is an applesponge and you should ignore him.

>this is what americans actually believe

Never thought I would see the day people actually defend protection racket masquerading as public service, but that's America for you.

>Women, not even once.
Stop fucking your sister right now young man

Notice the pattern

I used to think a lot like your posts when I was a kid; I even made arguments like yours online and off. You don't know what the adult world is like yet, and I can't fault you for that; it's easy to dismiss the pressures and nuances of adulthood when you've never experienced them. Talk to me when you get a little older, work for a living, and have been paying your own bills for a year or so. You'll most likely begin to understand once you go through it yourself. In the meantime, feel free to call me some names if you want.

>I used to think
You should retake that tradition

>I don't know what country you're in where cops don't wear cams, don't have audits, and where reporting isn't anonymous. If you're THAT afraid, you probably live in Brazil or similar,
Please refer to

>a flimsy plastic tote
>stopping spoiled kids who tore up a whole room

>padlocks
>on a plastic tote

sure padlocks on a robust container sure, but a tote is not a secure container

Yes, I see the similarity. I cannot place those expressions, however. It seems like surprise but feigned and crossed with an attempt to speak.

And faked joy. Notice the lack of tension in the crow's feet and neutral cheeks. It's an attempt at a fake smile. What you see as fake surprise is an attempt at energy, fake excitement. Cross the two, and you get the soylent grin.