What are some archetypes you can use for a barbarian other than 'shirtless buff dude wandering the wasteland' and...

What are some archetypes you can use for a barbarian other than 'shirtless buff dude wandering the wasteland' and 'tribal dude.'

bikini-wearing chick on a horse wandering the jungle.

Just a guy with an anger management problem.
Zealot.
Jekyll/Hyde.

Outlander orphan raised in the jungle who discovers his heritage

In chinese wuxia films, Southerners were considered barbarians, despite having martial arts, a strong culture, and otherwise being fairly the same. they did have entirely different cultural norms, and a lot of northerner humor and reliance on laws, organization, their justice system confused the hell out of them. Southerners were basically unsophisticated, but neither stupid nor ignorant of how the world in general worked, only how civilization worked.

Conan is a rogue though. Maybe open a book once in awhile

According to Gary Gygax, he's a dual-classed fighter and thief.

I like oOlga Kurylenko's character from Centurion.

How about a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde type of character?

Hates what he does while raging but really loves the rush of power it gives him.

Nomadic leader trying to protect his people from the doom that surrounds them

Herro!

I've heard agreements that Morty of Rick and Morty is one. As in he is neurotic and self loathing and anxious, but when he boils over and fights back, watch the duck out.

Personally though, I like the idea of a paladin that takes a few barbarian levels because he is so dann mad at heretics. This works especially well in 5e where the primal paths give you powers while raging like extra resistances or lightning striking your enemies.

Argument not agreements. Damn autocorrect

Is this a comic about the first men from game of thrones? The fuck is this?

It is literally the fucking filename

Unfortunately DnD doesn't let you play as the powerfully built archer that God intended Barbarians to be.

I had a player join as the following:

>regular ass guy goes through a messy divorce
>therapist tells him to go adventuring to rediscover himself and let off some steam
>invokes his own memories of being cucked every time he activates his rage ability

Played it well, it was a huge hit

Retard.
>stronk as fuck
>does not care about armor
>cares not about the laws of men, naturally chaotic creature
>can enter tard rage mode where he is basically invincible
>using mental stats as dump stats is the backbone of roleplaying one

Guy who doesn't speak any civilised language, and his own sounds like "Barbarbarbarbar ..."

John was a simple wizard, studying the arcane arts and sucking the Grand Magus dick. But one day at the beach, while he and his girlfriend were peacefully resting, a tall muscular man full of tribal tattoos and a massive junk that was only covered by a tiny loincloth stepped forth. With the rage of an elephant under the effects of musth, he kicked sand on John's face, enough sand to completely bury him. The tiny pansy ass wizard cried himself to sleep while the testosterone-ridden being carried away his girl. When John woke up, he had been dug out and a perfectly built masculine figure was standing at his side.
"John, I can teach you" said the mysterous adonis.
"But I have learned and memorized every spell and incantation this land had to offer!" replied a confused John
"No John. I can teach you how to be A MAN."
And John smiled, for he had found what he was looking for.

Lords of the Verge

I always liked the idea of a crazy mountain man barbarian. But that might be more ranger territory.

The Hound. The Mountain. Mongols. Barbary pirates.

Jason Brody in Far Cry 3.

A multinational enviromentalist

you wat?

composite bows in 3.5 give you a free 'mighty' and you can make bows in flavours up to your str bonus. adding that to the to hit and dmg.

Rogue doesn't automatically mean the DnD class, user.

I am gonna steal that shit like the Crown Jewels

A gladiator

I'd argue Midoriya, from that new-fangled Boku no Hero Academia anime that people are rabbling about now.

He has a switch that he has very little control over, which unleashes unfathomable power and leaves him in a pretty sorry state afterward.

"not" Viking and Servant of the dark gods

The urban barbarian. A guy who gets into fights and is known and feared for it. Maybe he was a bully that grew up to be an even worse bully, maybe he drinks too much, maybe he's a nice guy but is just naturally good at brawling, but whatever the case may be you know he ain't cut out for being a knight or a monk or something so barbarian is what he is.

Head taking horse-lord amazon in a weird hat.

It's from BPRD a spinoff of Hellboy. That's Gal Dennar a tribal leader who has recently taken over after his father was killed by "the cold people", a kind of vampire precursor and he's rallying them to fight back against them and the spirits of the Ogdru Hem. He also saw a flashforward of his next life, BPRD agent Ted Howards.

Horse Archer.