Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2054: Naughty Fantasies edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ayl3UXKpH1g
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Cult_of_the_Micro-Omnisiah
youtube.com/watch?v=OKJekzRHiUU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Schlock Mercenary. The Pa'anuri are creatures made of dark matter, and therefore non-interactive with most of the ordinary physical forces of the baryonic universe. The exception is gravity, over which they have incredible power. Giant space-monsters with incredible control over gravity and the warping of space? Leave out the fact that they're invisible and intangible, and you've got yourself a Variable Gravity Well. But since you've got weird space-warping powers yourself, you can probably assimilate them even though they're not made of baryons. You're probably not made of baryons at that point, after all.

DO NOT LEWD THE PEGASUS FANTASY

What did you do in Minecraft? People always seem to only think of it as a lego sandbox. Did you world build at all? Imagine up some kind of fun adventure? Explore ancient kingdoms? Discover lost mines of long past civilizations?
youtube.com/watch?v=ayl3UXKpH1g

Jumpers, what fashion trend have you helped made popular?

I feel like people would do a lot more in Minecraft if there was some way to bring it with you. It's a great place to build, but there's no one there to even appreciate it.

>a lego sandbox.

Because that's... what it is?
Even with the fucking novelisation, the Telltale games, and the Actual Fucking Lego-Sets, it's just. Open-World. Legos.

I know that, I meant that people often don't seem to try and think past the building and mining aspect. I was asking if people liked to fanwank some more worldbuilding. The video I posted being an example of such a thing.
I mean there are the testificats. And as said above, it's not unreasonable to fanwank them into being more than just NPC's who stand around in villages.

In my last chain, I used my time there to do research and perfect a few things. There wasn't much else to do.

Next time I might use it for a crossover/fusion jump.

Telltale Minecraft Jump when.

We've all heard about the mythical "average" Jumper who eats worlds and rapes hot heroines, but do you believe this?

What do you think the statistically average Jumper is like?

Massively op for a setting and generally does what they want.

We have a lot of really chill jumpers that just want to lay back and do their thing and some that are monsters.

dead

I am really not happy with the scenarios. I've never written any before, and I can't get them to feel quite right. I don't want to scrap them entirely, but I don't know what to do with them.

Otherwise, I think it's pretty much done.

Does nothing for sucessive ten years because they can't be bothered to write down their Chain.

Risk averse autistic bean counters

Did anything change, besides the addition of the scenarios?

Going by builds from both Namefags and anons I'd have to say that even the most average Jumper is the kind of person who looks at the world as though it's going to eat them. Like in many worlds that's legit a thing that can happen, but in places like Sitcom Jump you don't really need to make punching folks faces in priority but some folks do. On average the Jumper is someone with a slightly acute case of paranoia.

Does Magos Aetheric do anything after the jump where there isn't a Warp?

Awkward nerds who're extremely self conscious of their appearance and talk big bravado but only occasionally manage to do anything significant before going back to hiding in their warehouse and/or stealing anything that isn't nailed down.

So anyone else taking Miriael Sabathiel when BC comes out?

>No ships or titans outside of the scenarios
But why though?

What do I need to heal the Big Emps?

A good dicking.

Dandachi

Use All Fiction to erase his injuries.

I wonder how the guards of the palace would react to a robot running up to the emperor, sword in hand.

Andraste's Ashes, or maybe a flask of Gwynevere's special water.

Aren't the Custodes supposed to be the top of the top? Surely they don't spend centuries just playing cards in front of the Golden Throne, right?

If you weren't fast enough you would end up like that Dark Eldar who tried the same

Definitely building up defenses for the Savanna Village I landed in. Helped them expand a little, too. Made a real town with ground-level, elevated, and underground sections. All incredibly well-lit, all defended by a gate and walls no Zombie could break, and with numerous iron golems, just in case.

But seriously who turned all the hostile mobs into anime girls who still want to kill everything. Was it you, Herobrine?

Mind elaborating? google isn't bringing anything up.

>What do you think the statistically average Jumper is like?

There is none.
What you instead have are the most stereotypical Jumpers, of which the type you mentioned is but one of them. We call those Mini-Rances.
You got your Warehouse Moles - the guys who hide in their safe space and never come out.
You got your Fuck-Ups - the ones who can't go ten minutes without making a calamitous mistake.
You got your Builders - those nerds who're happy building shit, no matter if it's tech-y or magic-y.

There's a few other types but Jumpers mostly count as one of those categories.

Oh hey, I didn't think you were still around, mind answering a few questions if you can?

Do the mechanicus have access to any nanotech? If not how would they react to it if you "found" an STC for grey goo style nanobots?

Would it be possible to turn tyranids into servitors?

Are there any psyker tech priests?

About how powerful would a Magos Dominus be with all the combat perks? Could they compete with a space marine or Sister of battle in direct combat?

That space hulk in the scenario is larger than Mars by like 2k kilometers

Also perhaps change it from Necrons to Chaos, the chance of 'crons being on a hulk is actually rather slim.

>multiple fusion reactors.

General 40K reactors are plasma, being an Ark Mechanicus it'd probably use something far more exotic than even that.

>You may choose to attempt only one of the following scenarios.

I'd recommend letting people do all them. As for the STC rewards it's kinda mediocre. It also seems to be off, an STC isn't a single factory that can produce anything you have blueprints for. Perhaps make it a program of some form that is capable of creating blueprints for both machines and the factories to create these machines when it's fed information or some such?

After all an STC is a database, and with such a thing being blank it becomes worthless, it'd be easier to just create another complex that is capable of doing what the reward is than to actually do the scenario.

I built a world. I really like skyblock runs, especially with mods so that you can get more dirt. So I just did that in the Minecraft jump, started with a bucket of lava, a block of ice, and a tree, and then built out until I had a pretty nice little floating world.

In the Imperium jump you can get to him before the Heresy actually takes off. One of the locations lets you start during Istvan V, or if you're a drop in any major conflict during the Heresy. Drop in on Prospero and save Magnus then just go to Terra and help Big E.

KOTOR, are you going to do an update to Pacific Rim when the new movie comes out?

Hm, probably not. Aside from the novelty of a corrupted Sister of Battle, I haven't found a reason to be interested yet?

Same with the OC Sister in the jump, really. Though at least she's got stuff going in that she's preaching Uriah-style.

I kinda wish we had a Sister of Khorne... though the guardswoman is pretty fun too.

There should be an alignment chart for Jumpers.

Mole vs Fuck-Up for the x axis and Builder vs Rance for the y.

>Do the mechanicus have access to any nanotech? If not how would they react to it if you "found" an STC for grey goo style nanobots?
Not him, but sorta.

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Cult_of_the_Micro-Omnisiah

>Mind elaborating? google isn't bringing anything up.

I was lurking the 40kg when I heard the story as it was taken from one of the new books but it went down something like this.

A dark eldar who was supposedly lived as long as the Emperor wanted to bring about the final collapse of the Imperium tried to kill him. His launched a raid on the palace and was heading towards the Emperor as the Custodes was busy fighting the others but then the first Custodes I can't remember his name ran after him to intercept him like a "golden god out of myth" the book put it, and grabbed the DE by the cloak right as he leaped towards the emperor and then proceed to beat his face in with his fists alone

>"Puny elf."

So...now that this one guy has started to get all the good Justice League scenes on youtube, we've talked a lot about what's wrong with DCEU Supes. But is nobody upset that DCEU Batman has about the same social skills as the average Veeky Forums autist? That Bruce Wayne behaves like a tsundere anime girl around Clark?

Not him but the Mechanicus has access to nanotechnology. Finding said technology however will be damn near impossible.

As for their reaction? So long as they can control it they wouldn't give a shit and would throw it around like Lasguns during a Ork invasion.

Anything can be made a servitor, you basically butcher the thing and replace all important or control parts with cybernetics. It really wouldn't be worth making a Nid a servitor as servitors are too logical and limited for such a thing. You're better with just a normal battle servitor or a weapon platform servitor.

There are probably Psyker tech priests, the organisation is too vast for there not to be. They would probably be relegated to a battlefield role, or somewhere their power would be most efficient. I mean Technomancy is a Psyker discipline so take from that what you will.

Not going to answer the first part, not my jump so I can't say anything about such things. But a Magos with proper combat enhancements and run-times would be able to kill a Sister with little trouble, an Astartes less so. There is a scene in a Mechanicus book where the lead Skatari General/Magos Dominus duels a Space Marine. He loses as he takes into account everything, except the fact that a Space Marine will not follow logic to beat their opponent, the Astartes does something that would have a very high failure chance, the magos takes advantage and fails to see that it was a feint that left him wide open.

Constantin Valdor.

I remember the naive times where a lot of poor souls thought he was going to be the truest-to-the-comics cinematic Batman.

>Micro-Omnisiah
lol'd

I think it could actually work as it's own jump since the time gap looks pretty big, and the original is technically still Wakfu's so I didn't really want to update it.

Also this isn't a claim. The movie hasn't even come out yet and It might end up being shit.

Also, also, I saw that comment a few threads ago about the star trek runabout having only 4 phaser banks when it should actually have 6. I'm going to fix it.

There is a Inquisitorial Ordo that's sole duty was to monitor temporal anomalies. They have all vanished. As in the entire Ordo has vanished. Some of the shit in 40k is fucking hilarious.

Okay, one request. Could you have a purchasable titans tiered by their size and discounted by the Collegia Titanicus perk? Something Like Warhound (400)/Reaver (600)/Warlord (800)/ Imperator (1000)?

It just feels really weird for a member of the Titan College to not start with a titan.

Yes him, thank you user I can't believe I forgot about him. The Custodes are my third favorite Imperium members right behind the Kriegers and Lamenters and I'm happy they are getting more love but dread the cancer that it will bring towards them

Question Jumpchain? How big is your family in chain? What kind of shenanigans and slice of life stuff do you get up to?

>Warlord
I genuinely don't see why anyone would want something other than a Warlord, they are absolutely fucking gorgeous.

What are some good early Jumps for picking up lot of followers, outside of Pokemon Conquest?

It's funny how Lego Batman is actually 100% true to a comic Batman, only slightly-SLIGHTLY, mind you he still has the approximate same personality traits-toned down for the PG rating. It's just, that Batman is Frank Millar's.

I'm tempted to steal the Custodes armour the Blood Ravens have during LoT. Like I'm going to tell Magnus all about them during his DLC, he's gonna be all like "WHAT, LOYAL UNCORRUPTED SONS. WITH UNCORRUPTED GENESEED, WHERE ARE THEY!?!" and then we will go looking for them and steal all their shinnies. When he notices the Book of Magnus he has I feel like he'll have a fucking stroke.

I mean could you imagine Magnus finding out his loyalist sons have somehow manged to steal his book.

>How big is your family in chain? What kind of shenanigans and slice of life stuff do you get up to?

My family is really too big and I need to stop adopting any sad face I see. But slice of life moments would include pool time, cooking together training and just relaxing

Thanks. Also those combat feats are much more impressive than what I thought they'd be. I didn't think the tech priests could be so strong.

Oh, they are. But I think that a member of the College should at the very least start with a free Titan, and Warhounds work well enough for that. And I am admittedly a huge fan of the whole "Battle Cathedral" thing imperators have going on.

Of course once he finds out about Ulkair shit'll get even more interesting. A galaxy spanning adventure with Magnus that results in 2 black crusades all in order to get revenge on a Daemon of Nurgle will hence occur.

>not sure whether to redo my Egyptian-themed Chain and just start with Generic Universal Monsters this time or to roll a caveman Chain

Oh, there's a lot bad about DCEU Batman. The guy's a psychopath. And yeah, you can argue that about canon Batman, too, but canon Batman at least tries to moderate it. Also, the fact that he's apparently had this big long career before we even meet him. And yeah, okay, it's nice to have a superhero movie that doesn't feel the need for an origin story. But it's just too much, we've missed every important arc in DCEU Batman's story. I can't find it in me to care about him. That's the DCEU's big sin, I think. They speed through all the character development because they want to get to the big iconic moments, missing the fact that if you don't establish these characters their iconic moments don't mean anything. Like, to do back to Superman, his fight with Doomsday. Doomsday is significant because it's the first time Superman ever faced a physical threat he couldn't casually defeat. That had been the trend for fifty years of comics, the only real challenges to Superman were mental ones, in terms of the physical he has unlimited power. So when a big bone monster comes along and it beats him to a bloody pulp, and he defeats it but at the cost of his own life? That's interesting, it's a change, it's a cool juxtaposition against the character. But DCEU Superman has never faced a non-physical challenge. So the fact that Doomsday kills him doesn't really mean anything. It's the same with DCEU Batman. We've never seen him as anything other than a psychopath. It doesn't mean anything that this Batman is so brutal and willing to use guns, because the stuff that drove him to it? All in the backstory, we have no connection to it. So Jason Todd got murdered by the Joker and Bruce has gotten really grim and fatalistic in response, so what? We never met Jason Todd. We never even met the Joker until Suicide Squad. The audience has no reason to care about this at all.

No one ever thought that, don't make up unbelievable lies.

Adult diapers.

Lego Batman lays the self-depreciating jokes a bit thick, but yeah, it's closer to what Batman is in terms of personality. Dude is broody, but most of his crimefighting adventures have a sense of fun to them.

We have caveman Jumps?

Hell yeah user, My plan during the tyranid jump(since I won't connect the worlds) was to capture a few custodes and study them with all of my biology, Mental and learning perks and create better Custodes that I will call Chadstodes that look like pic related

Of course they're strong. They have the strength of the machine, and everyone else has weak flesh.

Tech-priests are as strong as their augments. I just finished reading a Gray Knights novel and a priest fought his way through a chaos corrupted forgeworld keeping pace with the squad of Gray Knights. He was an Archmagos mind, a normal Adept wouldn't be doing anything close to that.

Imperator Titans are not exactly Titans, they're more a symbol of the Omnissiah than anything else. Warlords are far closer to what a true titan is.

I don't know why you are surprised, if you think about it fighting a 6-7 foot tall man of iron and steel with drills or hydraulic presses that can pierce or crush adamantine and that they can control with surgical precision would be pretty terrifying.

The Flesh is Weak, Brother. It also helps that most senior Magi, like Cawl for example, cram themselves full of so many cybernetic upgrades they end up the size of subcompact cars.

I mean, Chrono Trigger lets you be one.

The worst part of that logic is that Superman is treated as this messianic figure while refusing to give him stuff to do that would actually be inspiring. It comes off as incredibly entitled to me, like "of course these plebs are gonna see you as an inspiration, you can punch buildings!". The whole point of Superman is that there's more to him than powers.

Those robots are amazing. But if you want better Custodes you could just seek out some of the DAoT AI that are kicking around and get Dark Age biotech/enhancements. If they were capable of fighting Men of Iron then just think what their version of the Astartes would be like.

Item pricing and a bit of perk wording.

I'll add a note the tech can apply to other psychic phenomena.

Because otherwise the only reason to jump this would be to get a really big ship?

Hmm...

While those capable of piloting a titan are extremely rare, training alone does not ensure a titan posting immediately upon graduation.

>We have caveman Jumps?
Haven't you seen all the UGH-posting?

>The whole point of Superman is that there's more to him than powers.
Like supporting racist anti-japanese propaganda during world war 2, or going back in time to con the native americans or trying on numerous occasions to murder lois lane.

Or failing all of the above in his more moderate cases just being a dick

>While those capable of piloting a titan are extremely rare, training alone does not ensure a titan posting immediately upon graduation.

Fair point. But I don't really see a reason to buy skills to pilot a giant robot if I'm not getting a giant robot, you know? At least let us buy one.

I just find it weird that complaints about the DCEU here seem to revolve solely around how terrible Superman is, when I'd say there's a strong argument Batman has long since become just as bad as the Joker in terms of his aggregate impact on the world as a whole. I mean, he's funding Waller of all people. As in, the Waller who poked an ancient witch until she decided to destroy the world WHICH SHE HADN'T DONE WHEN SHE WAS POSSESSING JUNE ALL THOSE YEARS AGO. Why, it's almost as if being treated like an animal by a control freak who doesn't understand the forces she's dealing with is liable to provoke a negative impression of humanity! And Bruce is supporting this absolute madwoman's endeavors so much, he beat up and delivered at least two criminals to her custody.

I think that montage where he rescued that family on the roof in the flood and those mexicans in BvS was supposed to be the explaination for that. The problem is, the movie is 90% Clark being on the verge of a nervous breakdown and going full Plutonian so everyone forgets about it.

>Hmm...
If you need help with the scenarios and such just ask, given this is Veeky Forums half the people here probably have at least the basic knowledge of 40k.

That's actually something that occurred to me during the update, and while I'm a bit loathe to say 'all' types of energy, you could probably substitute Phonic Gain manipulation with any sort of energy that you generate yourself. Mana from pretty much any magic system and so on.

>tfw I picked a color that wasn't what I thought sewage looked like - I.e. brown
>painkiller logic was that gold is 'godly' so it checks out
...Oops.

youtube.com/watch?v=OKJekzRHiUU

>Those robots are amazing

Those aren't robots user(except for the lion), those were concept art for custodes that someone made but I still will take your idea great idea with gratitude since it sounds so awesome to make some robots of such power the galaxy have never seen before

>it sounds so awesome to make some robots of such power the galaxy have never seen before
And with the ability to morph and to even up the score?

Yes, agreed. That is also a big problem. Superman is already a bad match for a messianic figure, because he doesn't preach any message of salvation. Superman's message, at least when he's written to actually have a message instead of just be a fun adventure comic, is about how he believes in humanity. That he defends us not because he's some all-loving Christ figure, but because he can see our potential for greatness. The man descending from the sky to save us is there just to buy time, keep us from being wiped out before we can become something that can save ourselves. So making him Jesus already doesn't work, and people should stop having him hover in space, arms outstretched like a cross. Stop doing that, directors. But if you're going to do that, can you at least show him saving people so that we can believe that someone might actually like him?

The Silver Age was a weird time, okay? It's not Superman's fault that Otto Binder had to use increasingly insane stories to bring in readers as interest in comics waned post-war.

>And with the ability to morph and to even up the score?

No one will ever take them down

Well, right now there's six of us including myself. Things are a little complicated as far as relationships go, but family is a good term for it. At least, it's the one I prefer to use.

We're a pretty lazy bunch as far as shenanigans go. Peridot is the main prankster but we've been together so long most of us can spot her tricks a mile away. But as far as slice of life stuff, we work that in wherever we can. The worlds we found ourselves in don't always allow us much time to relax. This latest world is pretty comfy though.

Peridot can usually be found working on some project or another. Lately she's been tearing around in a sports car engine powered by Cell Medals and souped up with a Cheetah Core Medal. I ended up having to reinforce the metal frame magically after her first test drive tore the engine completely free of the car and launched it a few hundred feet. She laughed her ass off and then started designing a car engine cannon. I had to shut that down.

Bea, Hrist, and Katia all joined the local police force, which means I don't generally see them one day out of three. Sometimes the stretches are longer if they're working on something important. Gives them something to do that helps out the community. I drop by with coffee and donuts for the precinct on occasion and that gets me a few smiles. Everyone has a better day with good coffee and a treat to chew on.

Marceline has taken to enjoying the night life. Literally. She's gone full nocturnal but I can't really blame her. Even in a different body she's still a vampire and some habits are hard to break. Which is fine. She's enjoying not having to swing a battleaxe every day to survive. I'm not entirely sure what she's doing, but she's rolling in cash. She has promised me it's not /entirely/ illegal.

As for myself, this world doesn't need much in the way of a hero, so I'm wandering the city. For the first time in a long while, I don't /need/ to sing. Which says a lot.

>Because otherwise the only reason to jump this would be to get a really big ship?
Not if you also include a bunch of really cool personal scale equipment. This is AdMech, if it isn't an unusually large jump it doesn't have enough yet.

This kinda makes me wanna grab the Platoon option in The Imperium jump and just turn them all into Custodes. Start with a Catachin base for some minor, but still improved results.

If you want some more information on the DAoT AI then you're best bet is the Speranza, which is dangerous and an extremely powerful AI or AI like construct. Or *reading the spoiler will ruin the book Death of Integrity* in the very center of the space hulk Death of Integrity there is a DAoT ship with a full STC library and AI powering it. It is hostile and very spiteful, the Imperium killed it's captain and only friend when he tried to warn them about the Nids. They called him a heretic and burned him alive. This option is also only available before M38, afterwards the AI and DAoT ship leaves for another galaxy. It's weapons are also extremely powerful, as in a single shot from it's gun cored a Goliath class Factory Ship or Goliath Class Forge Tender. Another shot blew a massive hole in a Strike Cruiser.

Thanks a lot for the tip user and also you don't need the platoon option from Imperium jump. If you get some followers then you can upgrade them without wasting any companion slots unless you want to import them of course.

Just posting this to get some feedback on the WIP.

Changelog:
Added War Veteran perks.

>Because otherwise the only reason to jump this would be to get a really big ship?
There would also be waifus, robot soldiers, a Skitarii complement, our own factorums for producing imperium tech, a forge world as a scenario reward, and a myriad of other awesome things. Or at least it should have those things.

>I just find it weird that complaints about the DCEU here seem to revolve solely around how terrible Superman is, when I'd say there's a strong argument Batman has long since become just as bad as the Joker in terms of his aggregate impact on the world as a whole.
I think it's because of two things. One is that fewer people here went to see Suicide Squad than Man of Steel or Batman vs Superman. Why would we have, after those first two?. So a lot of people just don't know that detail. But I think the bigger issue is that we just don't hold Batman to the same moral standard. Batman is a great character, and I think that there's a lot of great messages in his story. Perseverance, determination, mercy, and hope. But he's not meant to be an inspiration, he has admirable qualities but he's a broken man that people should not try to emulate. But for Superman, you're supposed to want to be like him. So when he does something wrong, it's a lot more notable, because now you're sending a mixed message. It's why there's a Superdickery site but not a Batdickery one.

>Gaunlet
I thought your name was Gauntlet?

I'd rather have 40 loyal followers who respawn at a very rapid rate. I mean they're guardsmen so if they came back every week they would be very shitty meat shields.

I can always jut use the 8 free companions in the Imperium jump to make 8 space marines with the Primarch’s Blood perk and if I have enough make them all Psykers. That's 8 pseudo-Primarchs, not including myself.

No, you've been misreading that the whole time. It's always been Gaunlet.

Good point user.

Nope. Some folk tend to say that wrong every now and again but as says it's been Gaunlet the whole time.

...My head hurts.

>you're supposed to want to be like him

You know, I don't know if this is an American thing but I think this might be why I at least am much more forgiving about the DCEU than some here. Growing up outside the States it's BTAS that stuck in my head, and then mostly because of that one song where the supervillainesses are singing about how they want Batman has the best dick in the whole Justice League. Whereas I mostly remember STAS for the supervillains doing really, really creepy things with stock cartoon supervillain powers. Moreso than anything in BTAS, which is saying something.

But anyway, what I'm trying to say is I think find Punished Supes massively entertaining because growing up with Bland Do-Gooder Cartoon Supes, I've honestly never had great expectations. The DCEU may as well go full Superdickery: The Franchise at some point when Lois die, and I would honestly love that.

That's not true! that's Impossible!

It's okay, you're in the Berenstain Bears universe. The anomalies have all been reset.