"THEY always tell the new magi, whether they're formally trained or just inherited some spells- 'get yourself a cat...

"THEY always tell the new magi, whether they're formally trained or just inherited some spells- 'get yourself a cat. Or dog. Or anything that can vocalize."

"Aside from the psychological benefit of having a fuzzy or warm animal to snuggle, there's another dead serious component to this. We all know there are hundreds of detection spells and wards, but each one has to be maintained and charged. If one ever wavers, then things can slip through."

"Really fucking malevolent things."

"Let me, how do they say, tear off the band-aid. Hell wants your ass. It did before you became a magus, and now it's like that army recruiter that got your number in high school and won't stop calling."

"Depending on your religious inclinations, you may or may not notice something's wrong. Your thoughts are different. You feel more snappy, bitchy. You feel an urge to solve things with violence."

"The thing about demons is that their power over you is very, very limited. An atheist, what few we have left, anyway, can refuse a demon by sheer force of will. A religious person can rebuke a demon, providing they're not giving it a foothold via acting in it's interests."

"But they don't give up. Until you prove yourself so hostile and anathema to their goals they want nothing to do with you, until trying to enter your mind becomes like gripping a ball of knives, they will return."

"Anyway, that brings us to having a pet that can vocalize. Animals have a sense we don't. A detection that encompasses the entire spectrum."

"If you see your cat hissing or dog barking at a corner of the room, pray to whatever you believe in."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Uw9bny88OuY
knowyourmeme.com/memes/in-this-moment-i-am-euphoric
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Animals have a sense we don't. A detection that encompasses the entire spectrum.
How did this detection mechanism evolve in other mammals but not primates?

>>Please use the correct board for your blogposts next time.

It might be a blessing from some demon-disliking god of animals, who has no direct power over humans.

For what it's worth, the Muslims banned dogs because an angel refused to visit Mohammed in a house that contained either a dog or an image. It turns out that Aisha (you know, the little girl Mohammed was molesting) had hidden a puppy from him within the house, so the angel couldn't enter.

> Maimuna reported that one morning Allah’s Messenger was silent with grief. Maimuna said: Allah’s Messenger, I find a change in your mood today. Allah’s Messenger said: Gabriel had promised me that he would meet me tonight, but he did not meet me. By Allah, he never broke his promises, and Allah’s Messenger spent the day in this sad mood. Then it occurred to him that there had been a puppy under their cot. He commanded and it was turned out. He then took some water in his hand and sprinkled it at that place. When it was evening Gabriel met him and he said to him: You promised me that you would meet me the previous night. He said: Yes, but we do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a picture. Then on that very morning he commanded the killing of the dogs until he announced that the dog kept for the orchards should also be killed, but he spared the dog meant for the protection of extensive fields or big gardens.

Never trust someone who hates dogs.

Even if they're an angel of your god?

Who says that was an angel? Have you ever heard of an angel that was afraid of dogs or images?

Find a new god if you have to.

That sounds more like a demon than an angel.

A god would not make an entity which its agents fear.

other Primates have it too, Humans lost it as a side effect of achieving full sapience

Thanks OP i cum on cat she hiss at penis

Lust demon plz go and stay go

Because animals are "innocent".

Not even worth a (You).

>pray to whatever you believe in.
How does that work for atheists?

you get possessed and your last rational thought is "if only I hadn't been so euphoric"

>An atheist, what few we have left, anyway, can refuse a demon by sheer force of will.
In the very post you responded to.

You just pray to celebrity science advocates or celebrity anti-religious folks. Pray to Dawkins or Neil Degrasse Tyson.

I mean, God made humans, and we explicitly have to be told "be not afraid!" every time an angel gets sent down to us.

Willpower and belief in rationality, or at least your own self. An atheist magi would be a neat trick mind you.

>I mean, God made humans, and we explicitly have to be told "be not afraid!" every time an angel gets sent down to us
You know, I don't think they're saying that too reassure themselves and boost confidence before the big talk.

Demonic auras emit a constant buzzing sound as a side effect, often at frequencies we cannot detect. Some animals, namely mammalian predators, are better fine-tuned to hear those frequencies than omnivorous, scavenging tree-dwellers. It ain't rocket science, Charlie.

I was referring to the humans as the "entity" there. We're scared shitless by any number of things, including God's own messengers.

Angels being "afraid" or at least deeply uncomfortable with dogs is a bit odd, but satan (in the "opposition" sense, rather than the "tester" sense) is often associated with having hounds, so maybe it's just the angelic equivalent of seeing the same car that ran over someone you love, or an ex-alcoholic being offered what was their favourite tipple.
Also for what it's worth, the "opposition" in Muslim theology is regarded as being a pretty damn strong force a fair bit of the time (something which has been used as ammunition against that faith) - the "satanic verses" are a thing, after all.

Well, Mr Darwin, it's common knowledge that many pet species are also major predators of demons. Approximately 26% of Imp and Fae mortality in this country can be attributed to hyperpredation by common housecats. Many canines have also coevolved alongside Horned Demons and Wendigos, which they frequently used to hunt down in large packs. It's no coincidence that more traditional demon hunters still use them to this day. And don't even get me started on the massive environmental impact Rats cause on Succubus nesting grounds worldwide.

It's no surprise most Demonic species are endangered and currently protected under the "Protection of Infernal Creatures" act of 1961

>Many canines have also coevolved alongside [...] Wendigos
Good sir, I fear someone has slipped you some false information here - while many minor demons are certainly in the "prey" category for domestic animals, even the largest dogs (and any wolves not in a large pack) would give second, third and fourth thoughts to wendigos, much in the same way they might to a Humvee crewed exclusively by hyper-annoyed koreans. Wendigos are no minor demons, but they and their allies are known to indulge in misinformation campaigns from time to time - I fear you will NEED to be aware of this

youtu.be/Uw9bny88OuY

Because the reason why there are 411 people missing in American national parks is because they're infested with fucking Cynocephili, who are not in phase with visible dimensions tied to the current spectrum of human sight- directly influenced by the pineal gland, which, due to floruidation resulting in calcification, has otherwise made these creatures legitimately invisible to ones own senses.

What is curious though is that /k/ has recorded two events of literally fucking their women, and encounters with the males have been nothing but horror stories and the stuff of nightmares- leading me to believe that because of this literal legacy of well poisoning, trade, and commerse held with these creatures broke down, and they somehow regressed entirely.

>angel
>afraid of dogs and pictures
Nice try Beelzebub

Explain how developing sapience led to a loss in demon detection.

>Explain how developing sapience led to a loss in demon detection.
The part of the brain that detected demons atrophied in the general population because the number of people with low demon-detecting ability who were able to successfully reproduce by using their intelligence outweighed the number of people who primarily relied on demon-detecting ability to reproduce.

Lucifer is an angel

Pfffft, “Hell” and “demons”? Right. What actual evidence do you have which links them to Christian mythology, and why on Earth would you expect Christian mythology to portray them accurately? If I’m going to be afraid of them, I’ll be afraid of them in exactly the same way that I’d be afraid of a crocodile, or a man with a gun; there’s no reason to imagine that they represent some mystic form of capital-E Evil.

But thanks for the warning. I’ll have to deal with it by carefully questioning my own beliefs and motives, and doing my best to ensure that my actions are well-justified. I’m not going to solve anything with violence unless I have a damn good reason for doing so.

There are theories that Islam developed an antipathy for dogs as a reaction to Zoroastrianism, which was a major religion at the time and considers dogs sacred. Abusing dogs was a means of both proving that you were a true Muslim and not Zoroastrian, as well as being a way of demeaning Zoroastrian communities who had refused to convert.

>In Zoroastrianism, the dog is regarded as an especially beneficent, clean and righteous creature, which must be fed and taken care of.[22] The dog is praised for the useful work it performs in the household,[23] but it is also seen as having special spiritual virtues. A dog's gaze is considered to be purifying and to drive off daevas (demons). It is also believed to have a special connection with the afterlife: the Chinwad Bridge to Heaven is said to be guarded by dogs in Zoroastrian scripture,[23] and dogs are traditionally fed in commemoration of the dead.[24] Ihtiram-i sag, "respect for the dog", is a common injunction among Iranian Zoroastrian villagers.[22]

>What is curious though is that /k/ has recorded two events of literally fucking their women, and encounters with the males have been nothing but horror stories and the stuff of nightmares

Those are deer.

when humans were still a young and naive race, there were daemons who lured humans with syren calls that not only attracted their instincts, but also their conscious curiosity; most species don't have such a strong desire for knowledge and developed innate disgust towards the daemonic callings, humans were simply plucked one by one until only people deaf to the sounds of hel could still roam the heart.

>a universe where gods, magic and demons exist and influence reality
>animals are limited to natural evolution

>>>/fag/

Don't feed.

>euphoric
Where does this horseshit meme come from?

>How does that work for atheists?
You better have some sheer force of Will, because Atheist Mages are rare for a reason.

Its not a sense inherent in animals, its a defense inherent in demons.

We are the prey of demons. Their abilities and tactics have evolved to hunt us.

They have not, however, evolved to hunt cats.

Its like how we can see the camoflage of a butterfly and immediately recognize it as a cheap trick. That camoflage isn't meant for us. Its meant to fool birds, and it does its job well enough.

So by using animals as detection mechanisms, you broaden the pool of things that demons have to try and hide from at once that it becomes impossible for them to cover all of their bases.

There's this thing called Google, stupid.
knowyourmeme.com/memes/in-this-moment-i-am-euphoric

>limited to natural evolution
Knowing how not to get eaten/possessed is a perfectly valid evolutionary trait.

Unless there's no selection pressure against it. If being slightly tainted increased your chance of siring offspring, lack of resistance to demonic influence would even get passed on as a useful trait.

While it is a poor choice for snuggling, my Raven familiar's true strength is that it can simply tell me where the demons are so I can target my spells, prayers, and insults to their heritage accordingly.

Usually though demonic taint usually results in posesession and eating your offspring/leading them on suicidal charges against the forces of good.