/kdm/ Kingdom Death: Monster (KD:M)

Valentine's Update edition: kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/posts/2114111

Wave 2 estimated to ship March 7th.

>What is Kingdom Death: Monster?
Prologue Narration: youtu.be/FNLc8dHv0Ac

Monster is a board game about surviving in the darkness. You play a bunch of cavemen stuck inside the world of Kingdom Death, a setting full of freaky (and sometimes psycho-sexual) monsters. The current version is 1.5.

Your goal is to arm your survivors and grow your settlement over 20-30 'lantern years', in an effort to overcome the mysterious odds that are against you. The game has 3 phases:
1. Hunt: You hunt down monsters for resources
2. Showdown: Fight them
3. Settlement: Return with the goods to build, innovating and sacrificing - all to strengthen your survivors

A maximum of 20-30 sessions are expected for a successful campaign. Shorter campaigns will be available in 2019-2020.

>tl;dr
It's basically Warhammer Quest meets Monster Hunter meets Berserk meets Sid Meier's Civilization.

>Official Sites
kingdomdeath.com/
twitter.com/kingdomdeath

>1.5 Rulebook photographs (yet to be fully scanned)
sendspace.com/file/gcd7jz

>Official FAQ and Living Glossary
kingdomdeath.com/faq/
kingdomdeath.com/wp/living-glossary/

>Other
Official build guides: build.kingdomdeath.com/
Upgrade 1.3 to 1.5 guide: kingdomdeath.com/wp/upgrade-to-1-5-edition/
Unofficial lore and miniature build guides: vibrantlantern.com/
1.5 Core Game and 1.3 expansion miniature info image: i.imgur.com/t0clW3a.jpg
Gambler's Chest (coming in 2nd half of 2018) miniature info image: i.imgur.com/A64r2Ar.jpg

>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/raw/L0zFRLsx

p.s. walk like a dog or become a trog

Is the general opinion that KDM has the highest quality sculpts of anyone? Looking at these, I think Infinity is equal quality, but scfi, and studio mcvey seems slightly worse

What is wrong with her feet?

Has to walk like a dog to be part of the black knight's squires.

I don't play the game or anything, but I really dig her platforms. With a hidden heel-less heel I could see myself getting those.
That is all, please carry on.

Fucking infuriating that by the time I got the email for the V-day sale, White Lion Knight was already sold out. That's the one resin mini I want, but I refuse to pay scalper pricing for it.

At least I'm getting all that delicious Wave 2 goodness.

Elaborate, please. I mean, I don't know much about Kingdom Death, but I like the design and that sounds like an interesting lore bit.

are these valentine the first repeat dice? and if so are they the exact same as the previous batch?

missed it. what was in stock?

Do you know how dogs walk?

...on all fours?

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
The spike would like to be flat topped tho wouldn't it? Don't want it to accidentally pierce through the plastic or something eventually.

The Black Knight is a doglike creature and these people seem to be learning to fill its place and/or serve it.
Knights are weird in KD, the lion knight is self explanatory, the flower knight is a plant golem that looks like an owl and the dung beetle knight is not really a knight but an evolved dung beetle that has evolved to imitate the flower knight.

The first attempt of the Lion Knight.

I accept your wisdom.
Rise, aspirant, and listen to the hymn of your heart and the soul of the world. It roars! Aflame, with glory!

The second attempt of the flower knight. This one has a gameplay variant for Monster. There's 3 of them total, thid not yet shown. They're meant to be creations to mimic a knight that's apparently gone.

The first is an insane failure and hidden in the labyrinths of the city, the second is curious about human nature much like the white lion monsters, and has poor understanding of empathy and tries to learn via life or death theatrical plays.

>The spike would like to be flat topped tho wouldn't it?
Given some of the heels I've worn, I'd not count on it. And, really, if you have a proper heelless heel/gravity wedge, it should never be in any position to to pierce anything.
Though I'd propably feel better the thing was actually made from plastic and had a rounded tip, yeah.

These are many that protect the gardens of the abyssal forest. This is also in Monster, and is by far the easiest monster to hunt in the game with a stupid, gamebreaking bow that should be limited to its lvl 3 form.

These are the dung beetles that imagined it could. One of the best expansions for Monster, tons of utility and a much loved, high quality fight.

Also the paint jobs for this one tend to be super beautiful.

I'm not the best with the story, but whatever Mr. Gold Smoke Knight was before becoming the Gold Smoke Knight, he might have been the knight that the lion knights are designed to succeed. I think that's the main knights for now. Not worth mentioning the Twilight order, but they're a weird bunch.

Lion Knight*, third*