When the castle is in reality just the tip

>When the castle is in reality just the tip

Why don't we see this more?

This is a very cool but very weird aesthetic.

you mean every castle with a dungeon underneath?

Only if the dungeon and the castle are properly continuous.

I appreciate the aesthetic but why would anyone put the resources into lavishly decorating the outside of an underground structure like that?

Maybe it sunk underground?

Drow.

Or any underground race really. Specially Duergar.

>why would anyone put the resources

Eccentric nobles are known to do eccentric things. Large fortunes in strange hands can lead to all sorts of wonderful things, not all of them are practical.

Our oldest enemy.
Realism.

>Why don't we see this more?

cause its under the ground :^)

This. Maybe it sunk accidentally and is in ruins, or maybe it was sunk on purpose with magic to spite whoever rules it.

>all these clocks

THIS IS CLOCKTOWN

this kind of shit makes me moist. i love the whole hidden secrets/forgotten histories angle, probably why i love Lovecraft so much

>the first castle sank into the swamp
>the second castle sank into the swamp
>the third castle got hit by lightning, caught on fire, fell over, and sank into the swamp
>but the fourth castle...

He's not hip to this architecture, it's too underground for him.

>Why don't we see this more?

Because they're mostly underground, duh

And none of them work, trust me. Some of these are thermometers and barometers.

>You catch the princess sneaking out to have carnal consultations with Dwarven heralds
>She begs for you silence

wat do

Because what's the point?

This is actually the capital of the Dwarven kingdom in my setting: The Ever-Sinking Palace. It continuously sinks into the swamp where they originated and they keep building upwards.

Well top side castles are to show your wealth and power to the lowly peasants and lesser nobles in your lands.

The underground ones are on the same principle but the morlochs and ghouls.

>tfw lived there
The odor is unbearable until you get used to it.

>fucking sphinxlets
>do they even lift

This one's actually closer to reality than you might think, all of the moai on easter island are actually full statues from foot to crown, the soil erosion just got so bad after they felled all the trees on the island (destroying their ecology and civilization in the process) that the moai have all been buried, usually up to nearly the neck. In reality the head was usually only roughly 30% of the height of the overall body, which is actually free-standing.

man, the moai are the coolest shit

>young queen tells dense me that "she has something for me to do, come up to my tower but don't let anyone see you, don't want any rumors spreading
>get railroaded into sex
>no option to no way fag
>get walked in on by the king that i am currently cucking
>the next few sessions is my party trying to get my ass out of being executed
never trust royal women, especially with that dm

>stairs leading to a 50 ft drop

I'd say this was unrealistic if not for the fact that's it's russian.

fuck you

This but Goblins

>the hats on the three in the middle
Slavs confirmed for Polynesian gods?

You don't depict your dungeons like this?

I believe those are legos. They're wearing them on their heads so that nobody will accidentally step on them.

Isn't that just Dragon's Dogma?

These are the most relaxed-looking statues I have ever seen

Here's how I picture that conversation going
>Yeah let's carve statues of the gods
>How should we pose them? Triumphant? Regal?
>Nah just chillin'. Hands by their sides, kinda slumped a little
>Really?
>Sure, the gods don't have anything to prove. No need to flex when you're already a god

I'm pretty sure we see this all the time.

Because it makes no fucking sense, have you ever seen a lobby on the 20th floor? Much less a door to that lobby that steps out into nothingness?

>it makes no fucking sense
and dragons and wizards and necrons do make sense? you sure impose some weird limitations on your interests

I can make you a few senses for a building bigger underground than on the surface.

Sky lobbies are an actual thing, as one of the ways of handling the increasing need for elevators as you build a taller and taller building

Almost literally every D&D dungeon ever? I'm sure we see that a lot.

>And then in the process of building those chill statues, they so completely deprived their island of it's natural resources that they had to resort to cannibalism and eventually degenerated into a culture of animalistic man-hunting parties

And thus the circle is complete

What an unusable map. I guess at least it's small