What are your thoughts on the holy trinity?

What are your thoughts on the holy trinity?

It should be "Warrior, Thief, Mage"

Fighter and Rogue are the D&D names. Fighter especially is retarded because everyone fucking fights - warrior implies that their expertise is in doing battle the traditional way.

I find that the fighter/rogue (or warrior/thief) divide is a bad idea: the Warrior or Fighter is known for being good in combat, and the Rogue or Thief is known for being good with obstacles (walls, locked doors, traps). The problem with that is that it implies that one or the other is going to be bored at least part of the time: the thief doesn't do well in combat and the warrior doesn't do well out of it. It would be better for PC warriors to also be rogues and PC rogues to also be warriors, so that every party member contributes fully to most situations they encounter.

what the fugas a ballistician?

Bad as classes, good as stats

It is a person who specializes in large ranged weapons (cannon, ballista, trebuchet, etc.)

how you supposed to use a ballista while adventuring, when the fellowship had to leave their horses outisde before entering moria?

Not all adventures are dungeon crawls. Sometimes you go into the mines of Moria, other times you fight in the Battle of Five Armies. You pick a character suitable for the campaign you wish to play.

I can make a better chart in a couple of seconds

The holy trinity is a meme and orientating your classbuilding by it is instant autism

The difference is the skills you use in the mines of moria could theoretically be applied to the battle of 9 armies but not vice/verse

OSR fags need not post.

Rolled 72 (1d100)

Posting Objectively Better Pic

>Clerk

What if the campaign does both?
Just kidding, who has ever heard of a character that fought in pitched battle AND snuck around in a dungeon?

This is unironically better.
Though I would go further and make it a one-dimension system in which the scale goes from "magic" to "more magic" with character level. Everyone can be sneaky, pick locks, and hit the badman with the pokeystick.

Let's just get it out of the way early so nobody asks.

These all sound like jrpg classes to me. Where the title doesn't always literally denote how they fight literally. Dragoons don't walk around on horseback. Merchant is a fighting class that throws money at people and uses gambling attacks. etc.

Rolled 58 (1d100)

rollan

Rolled 67 (1d100)

Rolan.

What's a Duelist?

Really I just want to know what splatbook it showed up in so I can learn about it.

The PDF is good, I like it.

That chart isn't from any particular game, so you cannot expect a class for everything. However, there is a Duelist prestige class in the 3.5 Dungeon Master's Guide.

I never liked the bard being the middle. Sure there is the college of blades but it feels like you need to take that to get to the middle

Every time I write a story I somehow end up with a trio encompassing these three archetypes. It's not my fault that a huge meatshield, tech/magic expert and thief/spy pretty make a perfect team in just about any scenario.

This is false. There should be obstacles that require strength and or constitution to bypass, and if you tell me a rouge isn't good in combat I'm going to say you don't know how to play a rouge.

>rouge
"I'mma play as an awakened makeup!"

No, it doesn't at all. A warrior is an occupation or position in society. It is somebody who fights. The the fucking closest synonym to the word "Fighter" that you can get while actually being used by real people. Fighter, in the real world (not DnD or WoW land like you point out), is more of a way of describing a type of temperament. A fighter is quick to use fighting as a solution to their problems. They are likely to become a warrior, somebody who's occupation or purpose is fighting, but not necessarily.

Archers and mages and special/covert ops, depending on the setting, could easily be called warriors.

It pisses me off that Dancer and Merchant arent flipped.

Thief-Warrior... Batman?

Rolled 8 (1d100)

In case anyone wants to make alterations.

Thief is for faggots and barely even belongs in a regular class list let alone a trinity. Should be archer or something instead.

How do people roll dice? It says use email field... but no email field?

I like thief best, thief make best spies, espionage. Best thief only steal knowledge

Rolled 1, 6 = 7 (2d6)

dice+3d6

Rolled 46 (1d100)

figured it out

Rolled 57 (1d100)

rollan to pick what my next character will be like

Rolled 90 (1d100)

what is even the difference between a fencer, a corsair and a duelist? they all sound really samey.

Rolled 82 (1d100)

Rollerino

Rolled 77 (1d100)

Is this /b/?

>tfw magic masterrace

Races as Classes is probably the most retarded mechanic in the history of rpgs.

>Fighter is more sneaky than Monk
?

>Classes is probably the most retarded mechanic in the history of rpgs
Fixed