Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2059: Really High School Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn (embed)

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NT5-ZLJTi0I
docs.google.com/document/d/1k4q4x0Iex-JVn3-etEf26AFYzEhyOCfMh4Ti3QCaqlw/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

To repost an unanswered question from last thread, how would you go about stopping the Incursions destroying the multiverse in Marvel, and destroying the Beyonders?

Pros and cons of "thematic" perks:

>Aren't reliant on specific details in the setting, so can usually be retained in updates without much issue
>Tell you a bit about the flavor and tone of the setting, often without egregious spoilers
>Fit a wide variety of builds and play-styles

>Are generally more powerful or useful than anything actually shown in the setting, at least minorly, but often majorly
>Require more thought in regards to builds, as there are no real examples or reference points

Yeah.

>Caring about capeshit
Nah, bro.

does Zombie from Seven Deadly Sins prevent you from getting absolutely any disease, regardless of their "strength" or deadliness, or whatever? Because I want to exist safely in Nurgle's Garden.

Here's Sky High for the new thread.

Jumpers! Do you Chaos? If so, how?

youtu.be/NT5-ZLJTi0I

Tell me about companions that left.

Heavy rough draft on RE Creators done

Items, drawbacks, companion options and a second tree for each perkline

If this is good then I'm gonna sit down and try to get a clean pass on everything, intro included.

The notes page is going to be a nightmare, i can tell.

Pros and cons of "canon" perks:

>Often solid examples to point towards
>Makers have less creative control, limits and benefits are less open to wank, less likely "powerwanking" accusations
>Generally appropriate to the setting, less creativity and artificial balancing required

>Makers have less creative control, "unfavorable" rulings more likely to generate vitriol
>Can easily become weaker or more powerful than their price would suggest, especially in ongoing series
>spoilers nearly unavoidable

Ban is meant to be immune to diseases and poisons and I don't believe any such limitations have been detailed. So yes, you are what it says you are.

Jumpers, tell me the names of the books you may or may not have published during the jumps.

oh gods that fucking video.

>that video

Why should we consider you a real jumpmaker?

Build a wall.

>You can
>You can
>You are
>You are
Ugh. Does every jump do this?

They left

Should I be concerned that none of that bugs me and is in fact normal procedure around my house?

>Loose Canon
>this fucking pun
I can't believe you've done this.

The only one I had an issue with was the cupcakes

I usually avoid it in my finished drafts, but this WIP is more for "here's what it's supposed to do" since I save the nuance and effort to make it not hit the ear weirdly for the finished jump.

...yes, yes it should. You poor soul. Alternatively, if you engage in such activities yourself, then I am sickened, and may God have mercy on your soul

Unfortunately, many do. As much as I try to avoid doing it, I still can't shake having one or two perks that do it.

You an SBer?

I didn't start laughing until the cupcakes. But then I couldn't stop. I just couldn't stop laughing.
I do the potato chip bag one though. Every time.

>Main Chain
Poppy and Tristana from League of Legends. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have brought them along in the first place. They were too eager for a fight, always anxious when we had long periods to relax. But I liked Poppy so I assumed it would work itself out. Tristana figured out what I was on her own and refused to be left behind. No, I have no earthly idea /how/ she did it. I was pretty careful in that world.

They stayed behind with Mae in the Night in the Woods world. There were monsters to hunt there, Mae had her unusual powers to train, and they just seemed to fit in there better somehow. I just hope they were more happy there.

>Main Chain
I haven't written any yet, but I did just open a bookstore called "Raven's Writing Desk" in Zootopia. I plan to write a few books while I run it. Not sure what I'll call any of them yet. This is a pretty comfy world and I've got lots of time to kill now that Bellwether is taken care of. Writing a book or two sounds like fun.

Digger I hope you are more careful with your lipstick than that.

Yes
Whachu gone do about it fagboi?

The only one I've done personally is the apple cuts, mostly cause I didn't give a damn and I was gonna cover it in chile powder anyways.

I published any books/movies/games/etc I like under my own name, but with some improvements
(Like cutting the fat from NWN2, and adding in the cool stuff that was cut content.)

Only in bed babe.

Not books, but I unabashedly steal music.
As in, I became more famous for playing Dos Gringos songs than from actually being a kick ass fighter pilot in Ace Combat.
Also, Ravenclaw house rocked the fuck out to unreleased music almost every night.

Are there any good jumps to become a multi winged angel? Im thinking at least 6 wings.

Digimon?

You are almost as bad as that guy who likes Teen Titans Go. Almost.

has anybody made a claim on ghost trick? if not, I call dibs

Who's to say he wasn't that guy?

Nah, because you're a hipster

What's the benefit of buying the Genre perk over one of the 600cp perks that give two genre powersets?
What's the transformative side of Genre?
Do Creations get items? Do Genres come with items? It seems like there's a bias towards mechas right now.

Don't believe they have. Good luck on it friend, I had fun playing it.

Am I seeing that right? I'm counting 12 wings. Eight on his back, two on his head, and 2 at his waist?

I don't think anyone has? If that's the case, then sure, go for it.

>How to kill God for dummies.
>Sorcery for Simpletons.
>Liber Daemonum.
>ALL WILL BE DUST: Volume 2.

As well as various books from other settings, like Meti's Sword Manual or the Lusty Argonian Maid. Just because it's fun to seed some of my favorites in other worlds.

Kill Six Billion Demons.

You are now my favorite person
Recently deceased, animal, and detective are the only origins I can think of and could be easily mixed due to how the game plays out. You got things planned already?

Indeed you are good sir.

Yes. How'd you guess?

Warhammer Fantasy Empire jump when?

Well, them, and the Blue-Skinned people of that one country as well.

Probably the last Warhammer Fantasy jump to get made? Everyone else is more interesting.

Do Creations have control over the role they have in their source material? Isn't it common for mecha protagonists to get a rare prototype? Unless the Creation background is going to be cheap, it seems excessive to make them pay extra just to make their robot cool when comparing that option to the other stuff int he jump.

Huh, would they be the tech tree then? What with the robots? Or would it be a more agent kind of thing with Dandy and Beauty?

>animal
I love Missile. He was just great.

>Jumpers, tell me the names of the books you may or may not have published during the jumps.
A Beginner's Grimoire
The Dark Arts and You
Dark Arts for Dummies
The Slightly Less Dark Arts
Ominous Shit
Advanced Ominous Shit
How to Abuse the Dark Arts
The Darker Arts
Tome of the Unknown (Monthly Publication)
The Book of Lost Things
Dubious Zoology
Forbidden Lore
Still More Forbidden Lore
Yet Even More Forbidden Lore
Forbidden Lore: The Complete Omnibus
"Oh God, What the Fuck" and Other Tales
Decent of Grimblack the Feldarke
Immortality: An Overview
Demonic Summoning & Contracting - Common Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
Compendium of the Obscure and Occult

Possibly the latter given what we are planning on. But the former... That might be something to consider.

The benefit of the Genre Perk is that if a creation takes it, they get it free. The weirdness of the genre perks/packages is my other headache on this jump. The general math here is gonna be...

Creation(300) gets a 600 perk free. Can pay 300 for +2 more.

Non-Creation pays 600 to get 2, Creation is up by a genre perk.

I could also probably make it so that only Genre itself gives you all the benefits of being a Creation - the transformative side is part of that, where your powers can grow as your "Canon" grows as well, and you get minor benefits(such as the near universal more or less healing factor almost all Creations have)

Genres will come with associated items, as detailed in their genre packages when I write those out.

You OOCly can decide it, yes. Creations are gonna be 300, and if you already have a super robot(which isn't impossible) you have the mid season upgrade. I'm not gonna lie - it's just hard making items for Creations that are generally useful.

Not really a book, but during Resident Evil I helped pen some of the BSAA's manuals on fighting B.O.W.'s.

A lot of it could be summed up as "aim for the head/heart/glowing weak point, but still.

That game is fantastic. Good luck with the jump user

>Jumpers, tell me the names of the books you may or may not have published during the jumps.
Changing the Roles in a Story - A Guide for the Named.
Villains are Heroes Too
Mocking the Bard
(Author of the above was "Heretical Storyteller")

You've posted that picture a few times. Who is it.

Okay, the math makes sense. I think you should include a note that explains the reasoning behind the perks.
I think it would be fine for the growing-with-canon effects to come from the Genre perk and not the two-for-600 perks. Fan Creations have their capstone, and it doesn't make sense for Creators to have a canon to grow with anyways.

>Advanced Ominous Shit
>"Oh God, What the Fuck" and Other Tales
10/10, would subscribe to your newsletter

His Jumper.

Literally him.

Actually, in retrospect - i might lock off "Loose Canon" to those who purchased Genre to make it work a little better.

Ugh. Fucking /jc/ autists.

I don't understand.
How do you play this?
I mean, Past the point buying and shit, what then?

>You OOCly can decide it, yes.
Fuck off. Jumps and their building is supposed to be done IC. Stop trying to force your bullshit houserules on everyone else. What you've done is little better than saying you can't control it at all.

Correct.

the math is a bit weird for me to even say it, but I think might be prudent either way.

The Operators’s Guide to Pregnancy
What to Expect When You’re Expecting an Invasion
The Operators Guid to Glowing Shit
Ship Maintenance Guide for Marines (Now with extra crayons!
That’s Crazy!: Ten Facts You Didn’t Know About Scion
How To Win Friends and Execute Enemies

So did you commission it? Draw it?

You don't play it.
You get ensnared and start arguing with other bitches and Veeky Forums rejects.

Begone mortal, before you get snared into this pit too.

>How do you play this?
You writefag the events of what happens in the Jump.

Nigga it literally has a fucking Sharingan and magic shit. It's either an OC or his commission.

Does the artist take commissions?

Depending on how much effort you want to put in you either write or daydream about what you do in any given jump. Some people like to roll dice a lot in order to let some things work out without their control.

Commission. I had a chain I was relatively happy with that had an end point so I figured it'd be nice to have a image to go along with it.

I could maybe change "With Mecha" to just give you in general the "Final Form" of your story/genre, the equivalent of you after a bunch of training and character development - sorta like what the mid season upgrade perk does but a permanent boost up.

Where can I read some of this stuff?
Fa/tg/uy explores Pokemon sounds amusing.

>That video

Thank you. It was originally a list of "Things Rose Lalonde Would Read If Sorted Into Slytherin".
But I figure since at least two of my companions are magically endowed, I might as well make it a reality. Jumper is just the editor, publisher, and publicist.

Orks when?

Depends. You could check prior threads, or... You could risk a visit to SB, as they have threads of people's Jumps.

English?

The most famous is Destroyer of Worlds by HeavensAnon, which is 513 pages long, all pages full of words

docs.google.com/document/d/1k4q4x0Iex-JVn3-etEf26AFYzEhyOCfMh4Ti3QCaqlw/edit?usp=sharing

No, American.

Writefagging folder or prior threads, mostly.

Everyone alright if I go ahead and upload this to the drive?

Yoro's Dual Chain is coming up right on its heels. nearly 500 pages and he's only at jump 17 or 18.

>Writefagging folder

Not really a safe bet, given some asshole seems to go through that folder and delete everything every so often.

The Liber Ridiculous: Useless Magic To Wow Simpletons
Criminally Genius: The Ethics of "Mad" Science
Getting High With Halflings Parts One And Two
Fear And... A Bloodsoaked Trip Through America's Heartland
Hail To The King A Biography Of Ashley J Williams
AdamaNthium And Other Strange Metals A Primer On Multiversal Metallurgy
Habeas Corpses

That's not true anymore. Brutus changed the permissions a while ago. Now only he can add and delete to it. It's a safe place for writefagging now.

>Habeas Corpses
This week on “I Can’t Believe It’s Not a Black Metal Band”

Well this is the first I've heard of it.

Thanks for updating me Yoro.

Look around you! Know you not where you are!?

Did anyone ever upload CarlAnon's writing to the writefagging folder?

...That's not a Sharingan. Way too gold.

Pssh. Aesthetic perks, hellooo? And besides, that's definitely green.

Whats the "best" and most dangerous fire you can get in the chain? I want to combine Balefire with something that can burn through anything.