Hey Veeky Forums, one of my buddies has just ordered a new tavletop game, it's set to arrive next week...

Hey Veeky Forums, one of my buddies has just ordered a new tavletop game, it's set to arrive next week. He's asked me to play it with him. He's a good friend and I owe him, but I'm a little bit unsure about this one, since he's asking me to join him for a Tails of Equestria campaign. Anyone else on the board ever try it? Is it fun? I haven't watched the show in question since 2013, so I dunno if it's worth trying.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/rztg6a02irj36o4/Tails of Equestria (scan).pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

mediafire.com/file/rztg6a02irj36o4/Tails of Equestria (scan).pdf

Here's the book. Rules are simple, but cool. Any idea what kind of character you want to play?

Not even a clue. To be honest, this is the only the second tabletop I've ever even played.

Alright, well the three main races are Earth Pony (strong), Pegasus (flight), and Unicorn (magic) so start there.

Hey man just be glad it's not Ponyfinder.

What's wrong with ponyfinder?

I haven't heard of it until just now, but
>-finder
That's a red flag in a tabletop name.

Sorry, the only game types I've heard of are D&D, GURPS, and the immortal meme of FATAL. Is it rewlltly that bad?

Pathfinder is like D&D if someone made a concerted effort to magnify its flaws.

Not that user, but D&D 3.5 is reviled as being a clusterfuck of pointless rules and imbalanced classes, and Pathfinder took all that and added on their own garbage on top of it.

Basically take the worst version of D&D and expand on it.

Noted, thanks for explaining it. I'm really new to tabletop games, and y'all seem like good people.

>y'all seem like good people
This is your first mistake.

Ponyfinder was meant to be an addon to Pathfinder, but the races included in Ponyfinder generally had better synergy with the classes which led to no one playing humans.

Ponyfinder was my gateway in rpg's, and let me tell you that literally any other game would be a better entryway. That's only in hindsight though. The game itself is an okay starter for anyone

Everyone on this site is good people at their core, whether it's obvious or not.

I'm sure the pedophiles that are still lurking are user.

Don't be a fucking idiot, alot of people are shit.

Well, pedos suck, but other than them, I like to believe most of the people on this site are decent at their core. Not everyone is rotten. I just want to hope for the good of all.

>ToE
the only proper reaction to this is to scream at the top of your lungs at his face until he realizes you dont want any part in this autism

>t. an actual autist

>Pony
>Hindsight
i saw what you did and its not clever

Alright, so I decided to go with a Pegasus phorgrapher name Lossy Lens, who has a quirk of being a cider addicted alcoholic.

Most at their core look like this.

ToE aint half bad to be honest with you.