You're becoming an oWoD Vampire! Which clan do you choose, and why? What will you do with your newfound powers?

You're becoming an oWoD Vampire! Which clan do you choose, and why? What will you do with your newfound powers?
>you do not have a sire
>you are the only vampire in the world
>no other supernaturals exist at all, except for spirits for the purposes of the necromantically dispositioned clans
>you have your 3 clan disciplines ONLY, no outside disciplines, no exceptions
>you start with the power equivalent of 5 dots in each discipline, though over time you can work and take it up to the equivalent of 10
>you can sire more vampires as well as make ghouls

What will you do with these new powers of yours? Discuss your power fantasies ITT.

Tremere is objectively the correct answer.

And just to be clear, no other oWoD organizations exist at all. No mages, no changelings, no technocracy, etc. You, as you are right this instant, are turned into the vampire.

Go on, user. I'll post mine in a minute here.

If somebody will tell me how to keep these fucking ads from popping up at the bottom of the page even with ABP, I'll let you take as many outside clan disciplines as you like.

There is no 'go on', that's the whole story. A Tremere with Thaumaturgy 5, Dominate 5, Auspex 5 could take over the entire modern world presuming no other vampires or supernaturals. Blood magic is the path to potentially infinite abilities I could simply make up as I went along, Dominate would let me hide my tracks and control world leaders, and so on.

If I can breach into Thaumaturgy 6-10 I could potentially become some kind of interstellar god purely on the powers of the blood. No other Discipline compares in its highest reaches.

would i start as a generation 1 or something higher?

So world domination is your goal here?
user, I made this thread because I want to read about others' power fantasies. How do you go about this? What is your new empire going to be like? Do you recreate the pyramid, or do you have something else in mind for your progeny?

For the purposes of this, gen 3. A very young gen 3 that just happens to already have 5 dots in each of your clan disciplines. That reminds me...

>THERE ARE NO ACTUAL GENERATIONS, ALL OF YOUR CHILDER HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO BE JUST AS POWERFUL AS YOU ARE. TREAD CAREFULLY.

Can Thamuaturgy 5, Dominate 5, and Auspex 5 give you the power to block the fucking ads from popping up at the bottom of the screen?

Kind of a lame question when the entire clan social structure and world is removed. Almost no reason not to pick Tremere.

For powers that require the Storyteller's intervention to its limits, how would this be arbitrated?

tremere all the way

It doesn't matter, I'll still sit at the computer 24/7.

>If somebody will tell me how to keep these fucking ads from popping up at the bottom of the page even with ABP, I'll let you take as many outside clan disciplines as you like.

I use uBlock Origin and I have no idea what ads you mean.I haven't seen ads on Veeky Forums since 2011.

Doesn't thaumaturgy actually require teachers to unlock its full potential?

so nosferatu.

Wasn't there a computer game with Malkavian 1337 H3X0R?

Malkav because fuck sanity.

But in all seriousness Ventrue because Dominate, Fortitude and Presence make you nearly un-killable and able to control or influence everyone you meet without being enslaved to your clan (anymore than is normal for oWoD).

Not like I'll get any uglier. Or become prettier as another clan.

Tremere is the objectively correct answer as their clan curse doesn't actually do anything if there is no one above you.

However because that's a cop out answer I would have to go salubri, their powers let me help other people and honestly I don't want to rule the world.

You might be able to advance your primary path on your own as an in-clan discipline, but you couldn't learn a secondary path or more rituals than the level one you started with without instruction or at least an occult library.

Fuck. I'm the only one?
Uh, Tzimisce? Can't I become Alex Mercer or something as Tzimisce? Or maybe Tremere.

If you have Thaumaturgy 5 and Occult 5 you might start creating your own rituals, takes a while (and experience points) for the more powerful ones though

Tremere and his bros basically started from scratch and it only took them a few decades to build their magical realm

How from scratch is it when your symbrosium is seven guys who'd already spent hundreds of xp?

Actually, cWoD vampires usually do get prettier after the Embrace, although it's a feral beauty of sorts. Aside from that, Tzimisce and their Vicissitude are definitely useful for becoming prettier.

they were all master occultists but otherwise they were all newborns in Blood Magic and had to personally invent every path and ritual

No weakling, Tremere are the problem. Assamites are the answer to it.

Yeah but not really, all of them were masters/archmasters with some having spent over 300 years as Awakened priorly to the embrace, some books even suggest this is how they were able to get powerful so quickly - by being able to reuse half of their early Experience points to buy off what Thaumaturgical creations they could come up with; the book states they made a Path that could translate the more baser Hermetic rotes into blood magic, and that they made continuous use of their covert access to Hermetic chantries to aid in Thaumaturgy's development.

And even then, still, to develop Thaumaturgical mastery (Thaumaturgy rating of 5) took all of the Seven's collective knowledge and efforts around 100 years;

>No weakling, Tremere are the problem. Assamites are the answer to it.
B-but the Assamites bowed down to Tremere supremacy and the outcome of their conflict was the Assamites being cursed for over 500 years...

I'd pick Lasombra, Obtenebration would be fun

Same, I’m a moralfag at heart, so Salubri is the way to go.

Anyone else thinks that if they embraced people there's a 100% undeniable chance the world will get shit like oWOD in a few thousand years?

Tremere without having to deal with other Tremere is pretty damn strong, but I think I'd have to go with Tzimisce. Why use your powers to rule the world when you can use it to make real life dinosaurs, or turn people into catgirls, or create an island of David Bowie'. The possibilities are endless!

Salubri is a respectable answer as well.

No thanks, Shaitan.

Tzimisce. Mostly because the idea of stagnation terrify me. This and the potential to reach Azhi Dahaka.

If anything, I would just use ghouls and bribery into my way to power. Nothing much great, perharps some city with 500k humans and rule comfortably from there.

I had ublock whitelist Veeky Forums for the longest time, because most of the ads were just J-list and kind of endearing.

Then Hiroshimoot decided to allow spam advertisements, so I re-enabled it.

Sure if you like being a blood bonded bitch, their parent clan is objectively better.

>blood bonded
>op specifically stated that you have no sire

>Not understanding you can be bonded by childer.

>Not all Tremere are loyal to the Pyramid neither are blood bonded to it

Let the Traditions preach their silly religion, but one way or the other We shall see these bloodlines burned, seared, and sterilized until every hiding place is found and until every last bloodsucker, every last unnatural one, has been cooked to a smoking husk. That species shall be exterminated, I tell you! Exterminated!

This is Lambach-tier level of betaness

Whelp now I gotta reinstall

Not if you blood bind all of your childer, and why the hell would you not do that?

Because Kupala has a flower that will ruin it

>be the only vampire in the world
>not blood bonding your childer
Well sure, if you're a fuckin idiot then yeah being blood bonded by your childer could present a problem.

Kupala does not exist in this scenario.

It only takes a few years to get rid of the blood bond by waiting it out; your childer could develop a power to remove the blood bond; they could have the Unboundable merit; true love and the sort can also override the blood bond in some cases.

>no other vamps
Either the pretty ones, the money ones or the flesh crafting ones. Rule the world from the shadows, and don't sire other vampires. That shit's only gonna become a problem down the road.

If there are other vamps around, gangrel and go inna woods.

I die instantly, as I am currently in the sunlight.

No one has picked Toreador?

That's the only right answer. Celerity wins all fights. Auspex gives you telepathy and astral projection. Presence is kinda meh compared to Dominate, but the world doesn't have Dominate in it, under these rules, so it's still a winner.

Aren't the Syndicate big fans of using haemophages so they don't have to get their own hands dirty? You probably shouldn't piss of the guys who control your paycheck user.

If we're doing oWoD, can i take advantage of the "Tzimisce with Thaumaturgy" option? I know you have to be from that one ghoul family, but I don't want the extradimensional G-Virus that is vicissitude, and I do want to bunker down and keep people the fuck off of my land.

Why not just be a Tremere then?

Tzimisce, being a monster is always fun. I'll more then likely just modify myself extensively into a war machine and stay in the woods becoming progressively more and more like a wendigo.

Man oWoD is perhaps the pinnacle example of a setting filled with interesting and fun ideas totally immersed in other, completely retarded ideas. Not to mention the garbage mechanics.

That is such a waste though, vicissitude has so many more applications then just making monsters.

Tremere, Toreador and Tzimisce are the only acceptable answers, depending on goals.
And unsurprisingly, they comprise 99% of answers itt.
Fleshcrafting a best though, so that's my choice.
From my current point of view slowly or incredibly quickly in the case of Tzimisce descending into a complete monster is pretty bad but vampires are pretty much damned regardless if I remember oWoD correctly.

Because the idea of the whole Tzimisce "hospitality" is what I like the most. If it wasn't for that I would just go Malk for the laughter value. Thaumaturgy is breddy gud, yes, but I care less about having that and more about not becoming an even worse abomination/ being eaten from the inside out over time.

They don't even have to break it. It's a big Willpower roll and then a Willpower point, but the option to take a golden opportunity at mistress's back exists for everybody. Or they could just Frenzy.

Ventrue. Lasombra, Toreador and Tzimisce may be much more powerful and in much simpler ways. But theyr disciplines can backfire and even be unwillingly activated. I'd rather play it safe and aim for CEO or senator rather than fallen god.

Tremere or Toreador.

lol, I meant Tremere, not Toreador. Must have been dominated not to dare mention the witches on the same sentence as Sabbat leadership.

So, no koldunic sorcery?

You will never really need to fight.

>but I don't want the extradimensional G-Virus that is vicissitude,
That's only a optional rule

I have no real aspirations in this life, why would dying make a difference?

oWoD is 90% optional fluff, it's like a choose your own edgefest.
But taken at face value, everything is a world ending horrifying threat or tied into one, either implicitly or explicitly.

Because you will have the entire world at your hands, and time to plot whatever you want

I think you're overestimating my intelligence and foresight.

Even a brainlet could rule the world if he had dominate

Yea but world domination isn't cool, becoming a dragon is.

I was thinking about this the other day and it hit me.
I like to hear gossip, I enjoy bad things happening to people I don’t like, when talking to people I try to be polite and get annoyed if they aren’t, I get obsessed over things for a while and then drop them completely and I lose myself in thought often.
My who,e life I’m playing a Toreador

Tzimisce then

Gay

No, Ravnos or Tizmitce with Way of Spirits would do this better.

Toreador care enough about their tisms to get at least technically skilled.

Ok
If you want a fun time/ easy xp then combine way of spirits tier 6 with The Insults of Krivda.
True, I’ll have to spend a bit more time before I drop then them.

There’s a severe lack of Ventrue in here.

Because Tremere have Dominate and Thaumaturgy and Fortitude is one of the few disciplines that can be learned rather easily just from playing around

Because the Tremere have all their qualities, and none of their weakness

That's what happened to Caine.

Without getting all silly about it, it's more that they recognized that the entire Camarilla would crush them in a war, since the Sabbat weren't really a thing at that point. Not to mention Ur-Shulgi broke the Tremere curse weeks after he woke up from a torpor of about 2000 years... it's kinda fucking scary what 4th Gen Vampires can do when they're actually old enough to remember when Ancient Egypt wasn't ancient at all.

>tfw I'm not the only one who read the cut-for-space origin story

Lasombra. Drink the Void and become whole.

Without the framework around oWoD, without the mage councils, the Camarilla, the infernists, the rival Sabbat and their schemes, there is nothing besides the Abyss itself that would be a real threat.

I would gradually build up wealth and influence using my supernatural gift for stealth. The perfect corporate saboteur, able to step in through a shadow, step out with whatever information may be needed and never appear on camera even if one is pointed directly at the location. Is something locked? Rip it off with your bare hands using Potence. Did someone manage to catch you in the act? Dominate them and begone.

Having Dominate is also extremely important in this scenario because you don't gain a generational advantage on those you embrace. Bearing that in mind I would probably not embrace anyone at all outside of my wife and friend I've had for fifteen years. The only "competing" kine that exist would be the ones that I sire, so there is no serious need for any more than a small circle of embraced. Especially considering the powers that the Lasombra have it could be a potentially world ending disaster if a short sighted idiot began practicing Obtenebration.

In the long game, once my powers have matured to 10 dots, I would use my mortal wealth to host an endless party on a luxury cruise liner. Ideally aimed at the already wealthy and powerful it would be the perfect vehicle for blackmail, strategic ghouling and a ready source of vitae. I could phase off the ship and to wherever I may need to be and phase back just as quickly, giving me an unshakable alibi for any accusation.

What would I do with all of this influence and these schemes? Completely eradicate Communism. An army of ghouls trolling online 24/7, editing Wikipedia, subverting local groups and forums, the works. Personally visiting their meetings to Dominate or kill them wholesale will become its own sport.

Brujah, that way I can just be myself but with superhuman strength.

>Without getting all silly about it, it's more that they recognized that the entire Camarilla would crush them in a war
And who exactly was pivotal to the inception of Camarilla... and spread the propaganda on the Assamites as disgusting soul-eaters and then bound the entire Clan through a ritual for the next 500 years?

>Not to mention Ur-Shulgi broke the Tremere curse weeks after he woke up from a torpor of about 2000 years...
Yeah he did, but the requirements for that were great as depicted on Assamite Clanbook Revised and V20 Beckett's Jyhad Diary;

...then you also have Lord Tremere in one of the Gehenna scenarios, after he was ejected to Goratrix's body... so a 4th generation vampire, that has been a vampire for less than 1000 years and spent at least half of that time in torpor; and while still affected by the Withering manages to come up with a ritual that lets him affect all mortals, half-mortals, have-been mortals individuals on the entire world with any Discipline power.

>fights
>vampire
You have already failed

So what is the difference mechanically between oWoD and nWoD?

The Entire core setting is different, the biggest change for vampire I would say is blood potency vrs Generation.

You can't spread propaganda about something everyone at the time knew. Which was that the Assamites liked to eat people's fucking souls.

>the Gehenna scenarios
Not a single one of those wasn't crap.

>I don't want to cure cancer! I want to turn people into dinosaurs!

Yeah but is still means there's a cathedral made of flesh that wants to eat you.

That would be dev/null from VtM: Redemption.

Tremere, of course, given the sheer versatility of the Thaumaturgy. Dominate and Auspex are also among the most useful disciplines. But the Paths gotten can change the . The Focused Mind or The Path of Technomancy would be really helpful.

And I'm surprised no one mentioned Children of Osiris. They are not so strong, but their high levels are really interesting.

Old Tradition, Black Hand Tzimisce, non-vicissitude, non-koldunic. Why would anyone give up their traditional power to a demon or at worst become the same rabble you've been destroying for hundreds of years.

For the traitors in this thread, the blade awaits. By saulot or another you will all get yours.

>Ever picking Tremere.

Shut up, Tzimisce suck and you should feel bad. Not wonder the Tremere curbstomped them in the Omen War.

If it's the will of Kupala

Horrible writing.

Horrible clan.

You don't get any other disciplines. You get the 3 clan disciplines and that's it. No exceptions.