JumpChain CYOA Thread #2060: Changing the Future Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn (embed)

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

OAA

Reposting for the Namefag.

Does anybody have a list of time travel options and how they work? It'd be nice to know which ones destroy the world when a paradox occurs, which ones transport only your mind, that kind of thing.

How did the Citadel/UNSC/Old Republic etc etc react when you casually cut a planet in half with your buster beam (or equivalent)?

>So a while back, an user
That...that was me. Wow.
This is glorious!

So there is a lot of talk about stopping the Chaos Gods, but what about the Necrons? They seem like a bigger long-term threat. Also, how do you defeat the C'Tan?

Necrons can canonically be killed with soul killing weapons such as warp cannons. Because of that, they aren't seen as much of a threat to Jumpers. At least not in comparison to Chaos gods which run on there own rules of physics, exist simple because of peoples emotions and thoughts, and may or may not be important to the universe. C'Tan, for as powerful as they are, are still beings that were born in the materium (I.E. Realspace) and were captured and even shattered by the Necrontyr/Necrons themselves without the warp. Hell, the C'tan killed other C'tan themselves. So killing a C'Tan wouldn't be much different from killing a living star (kinda ironic), they are very strong and would require a lot of firepower, but not that complicated for a Jumper. Key word being "complicated". Not saying easy, just that it's not hard to think up ways to do it.

The time turner from Harry Potter doesn't cause paradoxes afaik and you don't rewrite the past because you had always used it, but it is recommended not to be seen by your past self to avoid being taken for an impostor or something like that. It only works up to five hours.
There's time travel in PS238 too, and I think it works similarly, tough I don't know if paradoxes are possible and if so, what happens if there's one.

I believe that the time travel in Charmed allows for both existing as a second instance of yourself and merging with your past self, tough you lose the powers from Charmed (I think it's only them, someone correct me if I'm wrong) if you are in a time where your past self has them or they don't exist yet. It works for travelling to the future up to the date of leaving the jump, but both forwards and backwards you can't remain more than a few days/weeks (I don't know if this applies to merging with your past self. Does somebody know?).

Time travel in Haruhi seems to be somewhat of a mess, with some events being predetermined while others aren't, and paradoxes and contradictions being relatively common. The wiki outright states you're better off not asking for details.

Gargoyles has the Phoenix Gate that allows you to theoretically travel to any point in time and space, but since it can only create stable time loops and you arrive at a jump unchanged by you, you can't change anything from before your arrival.

There's also time travel in FFVIII, Negima/UQ Holder and Fate/GO, but I don't know how those work, so you'd have to ask to someone who knows the settings better.

In that case, aside from Dies Irae, any good jumps for Soul-attacking weapons?

Is that Venus? Did she cut Venus in half? Why? Why would someone need to cut Venus in half?

>Gargoyles has the Phoenix Gate that allows you to theoretically travel to any point in time and space, but since it can only create stable time loops and you arrive at a jump unchanged by you, you can't change anything from before your arrival.
Actually it doesn't mean you can't 'change' the past, you just have to do it in such a way observers wouldn't see the change until you completed the loop. There's more to it than that, because bootstrap paradoxes and Xanathos are freaking crazy.

In terms of just raw powers, most magical worlds (in my experience) tend to have magics that can attack souls.
The Ghost Rider powers from MCU and Ghost Rider give soul attacking abilities.

If you're looking for a physical weapon, I would recommend "Destroyer of Eternities" from Warhammer Tomb Kings jump. There are a few other weapons that say they do soul damage or imply they can destroy souls, but the "Destroyer" straight up says it can do it.

To be fair she was trying to cut something she knocked into Venus. Cutting Venus in half was a byproduct

Alright, thanks.

Here is a small list of time travel options:

Fixed time travel:
>Save Points (UQ Holder) - can go without the check points, but it's not advised
Time Travel that costs something, might cause negative effects, or otherwise pretty is limited:
>Speedster (Arrowverse) - Might cause time wraiths to chase you
Time-Turner (Harry Potter)
>Time Leap (Charlotte) - Use in-chain ill makes you go blind
>Time Aspect users (Generic Sburb) - Might doom the entire timeline
>Lord of the Speed (Kamen Rider Heisei Part 6: Kabuto) - Subjected to paradox, not very long distances
>Permissions Of The Government Of Time (Touken Ranbu) - Costs mana, spending too much time in the past is dangerous
>Time Machines (World of Darkness Genius the Transgression)
>TPDD (Haruhi Suzumiya) - Requires the creation of time loops
>Phoenix Gate (Gargoyles) - Closed loops, can't change anything
>Make It Up As We Go (Monogatari Series) - requires energy
>Spellcasting or Projection (Charmed) - Leaves you powerless if you use it until you go back to the time you gained your powers again
>Fifth Magic (Fate/Stay Night or Fate/Grand Order) - I don't exactly remember what, but it had a bad cost
>Second Magic (Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Kaleid or Fate/Grand order), I also don't remember the exact mechanics
>Magic/Science (DC)
>Magic/Science (Marvel)
>Angels (Supernatural)
>Various Sailors (Sailor Moon)
>May be possible with sufficiently advanced Eloctrokinesis (inFamous)
Free-form time travel:
>Witch of the Rift (UQ Holder)
>Time Dragon race (Forgotten Realms)
>Spacetime Manipulation (Heroes)
>Outer God fragments (D.Y.N. Freaks)
>Pluto + Eleosian Scholar (Irredeemable/Incorruptible)
>Independent Manifestation Skill A or higher (Fate/Grand Order)
>Alibi Lock (Medaka Box)
>WaveyRyder (Arrowverse)
>Various Digimons

Other jumps have time-travel options locked until post-spark (Ben 10, Terminator, etc.), so I didn't bothered with listing them.

You know...I was kind hopping you were going to tell me it was a splice edit...

It's not even the power level. I'm fine with the power level. It's the massive "collateral damage" that depresses me.

I also forgot that Grim's scythe from Bill & Mandy can free-form time travel by cutting space and time and opening a portal.

Terminator got updated a few months ago. Time Travel is no longer restricted.

The Nanban Mirror from Ranma 1/2, with the caveat that time still flows in the "present" while your busy in the past.

Bran's shenanigans in Game of Thrones pretty much confirm that powerful aSoIaF greenseers can mind control people from the past. The "Green Dreams" version offered in the Jump itself seems much weaker, but maybe you could use training perks to reach that level.

Kessler from Infamous managed to time travel back to the past, though I'm not sure if it's a specific power he had or just future tech.

Nanban mirror from Ramma 1/2 let you go In time but takes you forward an equal amount on your return.

Marvel Magic lets you have time as a godly domain.

Jorge Joestar has the Arrow Cross House which is fairly solid time travel.

Problem I have with time-travel is that, what do you do as a Jumper once you have it? I know I personally couldn't resist just starting over from the beginning of time and "fixing" history any chance I get. The setting would basically cease to exist in any recognisable form.

Go back in time and become your own Benefactor

Thanks friend!

I made a few updates, thanks for all comments and suggestions!

>Kindslaver to +400CP, not having a companion (or choosing this option) gives a random person control and +800 CP instead
>Changed Intentionally Left Blank to need to be channelled for a few minutes instead of working on touch and leaving you exhausted after the use
>Trimmed the almost blank pages
>Changed Accessories to Murder, Hammer Jammer and Do-it-Yourself Jumper to better reflect the inventing spirit of their respective factions
>Changed a few wordings

Please do tell me if you think there should be more changes. Also, is Intentionally Left Blank okay this way?

Mostly I ignore that I have it. Because time travelling to mess with the past ALWAYS ends badly.

Is there anyway to make an altform your "true" form?

Because of all the risks that come with Time Travel, I often use it for high stakes things only. Not quite a last resort, but close.
So far I have only used Time Travel 4 times.
-Dealing with the "Lost in the 30st Century" scenario in Superman: TAS.
-Preventing Lois's death in Injustice. Because fuck injustice.
-Sending drones back in time to gather materials and build an army in prep for a war in...I've actually gone through so many jumps I can't remember which one exactly only that it was a DC jump.
-And sending a Terminator type protector drone 10 years into the future to help Starfire if the fight with Warp follows the episode's story. It didn't. But having a MCU Thor tier cyborg in the future with Prime Directives to 1."Not kill" 2."Perverse innocent life" and 3."Help the Titans" doesn't hurt anyone so it's fine.

Depends on if you get your Body Mod just after you get it - otherwise, I don't think so.

Aren't they true forms already?

Eh, if not... Exalted Lunars counts all your altforms as true forms just like your human, animal, and hybrid forms. That should suffice?

Define "true form." What sort of benefits are you hoping for?

Time travel is more trouble than it's worth, honestly.
What problem can't be fixed more easily by the clever application of magic and/or technology?

Name one.
Protip: you can't.
Time travel is a novelty, at best.

Your base form. Should have said that instead of "True Form", sorry.

As in, "still available in gauntlets" base form? I don't think there are any.

Alright, thanks for the answer.

Can it? I don't remember him doing that.

I definitely remember him using it to cross dimensions and go to and from the underworld, but I don't recall an episode where we went back or forward in time.

Stargate also has time travel, but it's pretty limited and hard to use.

It requires two stargates on opposite sides of a star, and you need to time the wormhole to coincide with a solar flare. It also may or may not require a gate to be present at the time you're traveling to, the show was inconsistent.

There was also that one Puddle Jumper with a time travel device, but there's only one in existence so you'd have to steal it, and you need an ATA gene to pilot it.

On the positive side, Stargate time travel lets you alter the past as much as you like with no paradoxes, you just end up creating a new timeline.

Maybe. Depends on what you count Race choices and direct changes to your being, like being a Blacklight Virus human, does to yourself post-Jump. There are only a few examples that I can think of Life-Fiber Hybrid (Kill la Kill), Black/Redlight (Prototype), & Mosaic Organ Surgery (Terraformars) are the only ones that directly act on your base form.

Sky High questions for YJ_user...

Self-Duplication, do the clones retain things if I dismiss and summon them again? Like, say, if I gave one of them a haircut, would it remain like that?

Does the Power Armor still do something if you already have super strength?

>Exalted Lunars counts all your altforms as true forms just like your human, animal, and hybrid forms
Do you mind if I ask why? I'm not familiar with Exalted at all, so it seems a bit strange that every form would be your 'true' form for something.

I kind of wish we could combine races, like being a cyborg goblin or a brainiac crossbreed.

Speaking of, Crossbreed lets us include MtG animals like hydra and wurms, right? Does it also allow robots/constructs, like some of the Host cards (or undead, like Zombified)?

Does Clever Combo also allow us to cross others?

I think there is a perk for that in that dragon warrior jump.

Prove that you are a good thread, make the BEST POST that you possibly can.

Fuck off

Lunars make a distinction between their true forms and the forms they can take with their shapeshifting.

Basically, if your battle aura glows too much, you get booted out of false forms into a true one. It's also cheaper to shapeshift to true forms than it is to false forms.

And true/false forms interact a little different with the charms that boost their stats (as well as some other charms). Like, if you have T-Rex true form (always a good choice for the martially inclined Lunars), then the limit to which you can boost your strength up to is based on the T-Rex form while you're in it. But if you just took the form of a T-Rex that isn't a true form for you, the limit of would just be based on your human form.

Basically, it allows your charms to still work well if you have massively stronk altforms or something.

Pretty sure none of those are keepable during gauntlets.

Has anyone claimed the idea of a warhammer dark elves jump yet? If not, I'd like to get on that.

Combining races does make sense for the setting, I think I'm going to change it so that you can purchase multiple races, great suggestion

Yes, Crossbreed Lab sees hydras and wurms as regular animals as seen by the adorable Hydradoodle. I'd say it doesn't allow Robots or Zombies though, the host cards don't have a Crossbreeds watermark and they seem to fit in more with the Order of the Widget and the League of Dastardly Doom (Grusilda) respectively.

Clever Combo is meant for you, but it would make sense to use your knowledge about DNA and biomagic on others as well, so I'd say it can be possible to fuse others as well.

Life Fiber Hybrid is out, cause it's from a perk, but Black/Redlight is (You) now have x-strain of the virus like x-character and The Mosaic Organ Procedure is bought with CP so not sure. Not actually perks/items/properties/etc. though.

Oh, you're one of those SB people that think only what is explicitly, directly described is blocked and even if the other stuff is clearly meant to be included in the block, you still get it anyway.

>Combining races does make sense for the setting, I think I'm going to change it so that you can purchase multiple races, great suggestion
Nice.

>Yes, Crossbreed Lab sees hydras and wurms as regular animals as seen by the adorable Hydradoodle.
>Clever Combo is meant for you, but it would make sense to use your knowledge about DNA and biomagic on others as well, so I'd say it can be possible to fuse others as well.
Awesome.

>I'd say it doesn't allow Robots or Zombies though, the host cards don't have a Crossbreeds watermark and they seem to fit in more with the Order of the Widget and the League of Dastardly Doom (Grusilda) respectively.
That's a shame, but understandable.

That's odd... The update is in the Series folder, not sure why the old version is still in Imaged?

What are some jumps that let you do stuff with peoples prayers/faith in you?

What if you’re fine with losing those powers during a gauntlet and just want to modify your base form for flavor and aesthetics?

Are our threads sour sometimes? Yes. Are they bitter? Yes. But sour and bitter are fine flavors on occasion, and there is more to /jc/'s palate than salt, sourness, and bitterness. There is spicy and sweet as well.

We adventure because we hunger for new things and experiences. We adventure with the hope that we take the best things from those places and learn how to make them ours. It is an indulgence of experiences and sensation that drives us.

We don't have to make this thread the best thread ever, because it is but one bite in the great feast that is JumpChain. Only when you truly understand this will you be able to fully claim your seat at the table.

In my experience, it's never really just for flavour and aesthetics. There's always some benefit people try to squeeze out of it.

>Accusing me of being SB to discredit me.
Seriously? That's just silly. Gauntlets are neat exercises, however question was edits to your base form. Check the conversation first user.

But what if I want to appear as a robot in a gauntlet, even if there are no benefits to doing so?

>Being a robot
>Not needing to eat
>Not needing to sleep
Robots are too superior to fleshy beings.

>Being a robot
>Needing to charge your batteries
>Needing to run anti-virus software
>Needing to be careful around magnets
Flesh STRONK.

You just seemed to have not read the argument then, given you were responding to me calling those things not keepable in gauntlets to say that some of them were. Did you not even read your own posts?

This is the second time I've seen someone use food as a major metaphor in these threads.

Fleshlet detected.

I’d like to do this for flavour and aesthetics. I think it’s silly that every race option you get from a jump is an alt-form and it’s not possible to set one as your default/base form. I already fuse my alt-forms together. I also think it’s absurd that someone would even consider this as a workaround to the gauntlet rules.

You have a guy in this very thread saying that because Blacklight isn't given to you in a perk section, it wouldn't be removed by a gauntlet. You might call it absurd but more than enough people try that sort of stuff to make it something you can expect.

I stated that the Life Fiber Hybrid is out outright, cause it's a perk, but that the Prototype Jump infects you and the surgery is done to you 'so not sure' I then mentioned that they aren't really perks/properties/items/etc. Please read user.

Speaking of Blacklight, would Boosted Only Humen from Majikoi give you infinite biomass?

Don't some gauntlets also remove your Bodymod?

I think so.

why are you still made of meat, fleshlets? Why not embrace the perfect form of Metal and Data?

Some, but I think those generally replace your body with something else. Like the Paper Clips gauntlet.

Only one place where that is explicit beyond 's example It's a drawback for Mad Men.

I made a jump once.

>also think it’s absurd that someone would even consider this as a workaround to the gauntlet rules.
People actively use companions as functional extra points, using them to buy up perks and items and then immediately taking all the benefits for themselves via perk stealing/copying/trading perks or items. Do you really think people are "above" powergaming an easy way to win gauntlets which are reviled by some as diminishing their power fantasies? Are you new?

They don't, that's actually the point of bodymod

And that's beautiful user.

Sorry if this invites shitposting, but what happens when someone makes a claim, and never reappears afterward? I'm not planning to steal a claim or whatever, I'm just curious.

Food is a language we can all share. And even if I don't have the time to post like I used to, that doesn't mean I don't lurk when I can.

After a sufficiently long period of no-show these days there's a tacit sense that sense that someone else can take a crack at it. Before you ask no, there is no consensus on how long that should be because consensus depends on people not being dicks about the whole thing. Which isn't sustainable here.

If the person who made the claim leaves without saying anything, showing any progress, mentioning status updates and and generally just disappearing for three months or more with no status updates, their claim is generally considered void. This is to prevent some random user or a name who doesn't frequent the community from taking a claim and sitting on it forever.

I wish I never took up cooking because now I'm tempted to make that.

I bring this up, because AbyssalAnon dropped a WIP of Exalted Abyssals over a year ago, and never posted again. I don't plan to take the claim myself, as I know next to nothing about exalted, but I find that Abyssals satisfy my inner edgelord, so I was kinda looking forward to the jump.

Oh well, thanks for the answers.

Oh. A year? Well, the 3 months thing is a bit of a hot potato but I'm not afraid to say that if it's a full year than I'd definitely be okay with someone else making it.

>I'd definitely be okay with
Doesn't matter what you're okay with. It's not your decision.

>Dogsnail
This seems a little too expensive for what it gives you... Don't get me wrong, dogsnails are great, but not really worth 200cp compared to everything else. Particularly when you could probably Recruit one for 50cp.

no, its the threads... and if no one says anything then we will never get a decision.

And it's not yours either. It's the community as a whole's, but I'm not the one implying I have an absolute say am I?

I know, right? There's some real dumbasses around here who get triggered whenever you say anything that even implies you have an honest to god opinion on something screaming about "YA NUH AUTHORITY"

Like, what, do I gotta write a script that appends (THE PRECEDING POST IS OPINION, NOT STATEMENT OF FACT) after every post?

>might doom the entire timeline
This seems like the worst consequence on the list.

>Like, what, do I gotta write a script that appends (THE PRECEDING POST IS OPINION, NOT STATEMENT OF FACT) after every post?
Please do and share the script with the thread.

Sburb timetravel kinda sucks, yes. There's a reason the time players end up unwilling to use it.

I'm a fleshlet that can turn himself into metal. Does that count?

Could you answer ?

I suppose it's what comes of combining escapism fantasy with Veeky Forums-grade autism. It wouldn't be quite as obnoxious if those people made constructive solutions instead of leaving you with a tacit "I know it's a problem but it's not mine, so that gives me the right to enjoy lording my weird mix of contrarianism and glorified teacher's pet behavior at you like it matters"

Hm, I tend to agree, it does seem overpriced. I'll push it into a 50 CP purchase in the companion section and think of a better 200 CP item for the labs. Probably the Bee-Bee Gun

>Never perfect. Perfection goal that changes. Never stops moving. Can chase, cannot catch.

It's a bit complicated. Acceptance CAN improve your natural abilities, but it needs to be part of your 'story' as a character - at base it's assumed that your exposure as a fan character or as a creation is limited to what comes from the world. If you want a shortcut to enhancing your abilities as a jumper directly? There's like a half dozen "Story of jumper"/adaptation of the chain items, if you deply those it should act as a shortcut and allow Acceptance enhancement to effect your out of context abilities directly a lot sooner.

considering the way the world works, could beings from Mythology be brought into reality?

Where can I get perks to make myself unhackable? I'm an AI jumper and don't really want to be made subservient to others or even just hacked by another AI.

Nier Automata

>Illogical Defence- 400
>You exist to be the secret knife of YoRHa, the weapon that is used against itself in order to keep the
>organisation bound together and free of dissent. What use is such a weapon if it lost control and was
>turned against YoRHa as a whole? Thankfully you are proof against such infections. No virus will
>invade your systems, no hostile could hack into your data nor control your mind. You cannot be
>affected by any sort of infection or attempt to control your mind or body, save for brute force things
>such as actually picking up and throwing you.