Shapeshifting dragons

>shapeshifting dragons
I seriously hope you guys don't do this

Obviously you haven't encountered steel dragons.

Thank god i didin't

Silvers are the ones that mingle with mortal lives in different identities.

Also, I think there are instances of Dragons commenting on their Polymorphed forms that they feel a sort of muscular compression that makes them somewhat uncomfortable.

play more Shadowrun or RIFTS, faget

>Dragons that say on the ground and fight in melee combat.
I seriously hope no one does this.

>Breathes fire on you from 30+ feet up in the air
>Swoops down and grabs an enemy, only to drop them from 1000 feet in the air, instantly killing them.
This is how dragons should fight.

>thinking a dragon wouldn't be so fucking angry and violent that it would land just so it can experience the pleasure of tearing apart it's victims
Step up your dragons bro

because human enemies are a threat in melee?

>Does doubt haunt you?
Dragon's Dogma has the best intelligent dragons i've ever seen.

>not having big-ass ballista with you to tether the dragon to the ground

What if you get ambushed in the wild fuckboy
What then

>implying we haven't disguised our dragon-hunting gear as merchant wagons and are waiting to get ambushed

dragon swoops down, heading for what he things is our spice wagon and BAM: ballista bolt to the chest

>snipe dragon out the sky
>it falls on you

Could an Adult Red Dragon keep a medium humanoid locked between it's jaws before using it's breath weapon in it's next turn?

Yeah and now you have a really pissed off DRAGON who just got close and personal with you.

that's why you shoot them while they're swooping in, momentum ensures they'll crash into whatever's behind your wagons

Is that a dragon booger he just picked out of his nose?

>eeewww

Why would you ever roast someone who's trapped in your jaws as a dragon?
Just eat him

>dragons not egotistic and hubris filled
>petty mortals I'll destroy you with teeth and claw

MC's heart, he steals it and taunts you to come get it back

Yeah, but that Aarakocra might give me salmonella.
Also, this.

Of course you'd chew the motherfucker before swallowing

>shit tier
Hyperintelligent dragons, cosmic sized dragons, hammerspace dragons

>bad tier
Shapeshifting dragons, magic-wielding dragons, dragons that can talk, giant dragons that are castle sized

>acceptable tier
Dragons that understand language but only communicate through snarls, growls, body language and gesture, dragons that are territorial and or have hoards
>god tier
Dragons about the size of a truck, very social but cant actually talk so they communicate through action and emotion, dragons that mingle into humanoid society, dragons that form relationships with people, dragons that dont live longer than a couple hundred years, dragons that can show empathy and concern for others, dragons that can be your best friend, dragons you adventure with

and a ballista bolt stuck in his chest with a heavy chain that's preventing him from escaping
a pissed off dragon is preferable to one that's keeping it's cool and properly abusing it's advantages of well, being a motherfucking dragon

dragons mad with rage and pain are way easier to deal with, they're not all that used to something actually hurting them so they tend to not have the discipline to properly act under those conditions.

Sure it'll eat a couple of your guys, but that's why you get a few newbies before every hunt, and while it's going for them your experienced hunters are busy going for it's weak spots

What makes this funnier is that the scene in the OP is the main plot point of the entire game

Shock and awe.

>I have no taste and I must post

>no dragons with beast tier intellect in god tier
Enjoy your generic fantasy garbage that dares to call itself dragon

I think all dragons prefer the taste of their meat after being exposed to their breath weapon. That's just plan evolutionary logic.

what if dragons had a long adolescence period where they're basically beasts and only when they become adults their intelligence awakens?

>hammerspace dragons
What? I know what these two things are, but I have no idea what the combination implies.

They would never reach adulthood because people would actively hunt them down to prevent them from becoming that dangerous.

so only the strongest, fastests and generally most capable dragons grow up to adulthood explaining why
A there's so few adult dragons around
B why nobody dares to fuck with them

That can be overcome just by have a lot of hatchlings. Good setup for frequent dragonslaying antics, while still having ancient intelligent terrifying dragons be a thing.

How do we fix these so that people will actually use them?

Could work but i always hate how their personality never respects the fact that they're a dragon
In my opinion if you really have to make talking dragons then make them act like extremely intelligent beasts rather than just humans, like have them speak and acts in ways that no humanoid would do

>literaly in the Niebelungenlied

I remember liking this particular portrayal of a dragon mucking about in human form, but I'll admit I was young and impressionable back then.

I've never liked the idea of dragons fully shapeshifting to look human. I know why it exists but it never should have been something that's just handed out to every dragon. At best, most should only be able to shift into draconians of some kind, or not at all.

Nothing, they are perfectly fine
It's just that the avarage furry won't be interested in them because they're not as popular

the one time we met a dragon in my campaign i enjoyed it, it had no interest in fighting us and was actually a quest giver, it wanted something underground but couldn't get to it, we wanted something else underground so we agreed to fetch it and they agreed to not murder us

Why?

>Usually portrayed as immensely magical creatures
>But shapeshifting's too much

Steels do too, in fact their favorite lairs are mansions.

Are dragons able to chew? As obligate predators, they seem to lack molars and an ability to move their jaw from side to side.

Oh yeah, that Black Dragon.Ironically, the movie sort of depicted the Cleric and the Dragons relationship a lot better, and even gave him more screentime and characterization that deviated from the novel somewhat.

Given their jaw strength, muscle, DR and the like, I'd say those sort of cover that issue. Also, breath weapon probably sorts any other issues out.

Or if they have a habit of broilspoilling.

It's always felt cheap to me. In theory, it's meant for a powerful dragon to use deception by taking up residence among humans and influencing them.

In practice, it is used for a number of reasons, most often to get around having to describe or account for something the size of a dragon and how it interacts with their environment. And it is handed out like candy to every single dragon.

It is often used to characterize them in a way that makes them just humans with the threat of transformation, and in all other respects they simply behave as humans do. It's also an excuse to avoid a dragon fight altogether by having them get killed in their weaker human form by something that would not have killed them as a dragon. In the end you might as well replace them with an actual human instead of a dragon, because them being dragons at all clearly doesn't matter and is just windowdressing, merely an informed attribute that doesn't come into play.

It also sidesteps the pesky size and anatomy issue to excuse dragon and human mating.

God, you’re describing my Original The Setting (DO NOT STEAL) to the letter. Adding to this, what if males are unintelligent while females are? Could pull a Dragon Age where there’s sexual dimorphism and female dragons are “true” four-legged types, and the males are GoT-esque wyverns.

>Walking through forest at night
>Suddenly Drake
>My face

I have never actually been that scared at a non-horror video game before. Jesus Christ night time doesn't fuck around.

How am I supposed to FUCK the dragon if she can't shapeshift?

Alligators and lions have enormous amounts of jaw strength and they still tend to swallow chunks!

You don't. Dragons are not for fucking.

Not with that attitude.

Actually I do, it's how I run a creature with multiple forms. I take a group of monsters I want to use, add their hp together, then check the total against what ever sufficiently ancient dragon I need.

Therefore that human fighter who transformed into a bear and then a minor angel was actually just a dragon all the long.

My players like it because it adds a layer of ethereal and mysticism to the dragon's lore, answers the question of why dragons haven't taken over the world, and makes them seem more like divine emissaries or demonic titans rather that just a big lizard with fire and magic.

As a bonus I get to "use" dragons without party wiping them every time. (because those fuckers are WAY too disorganized to survive a dragon fight of any level)

What other race has women with fiery red hair and molten golden eyes?

I'm going to FUCK the dragon and there's NOTHING you can do to stop me.

From my extensive experience and years of scholarly study while adventuring, I have determined that all Dragons can shapeshift into dead dragons.

That was implied by putting high int into the bin you literally retarded ignoramus. I should doom your wife and her son.

I do, and under certain circumstances clues can be given as to their true nature.

Specific magical lights cast their real shadows. They weigh so much (as I don't believe in the mass just teleporting away somewhere like it's fucking Transformers) they can break fragile ground, and ones who don't take human shape often can occasionally move in a weird way.

Heavy chain only prevents the chain from snapping. Youre basically trying to stop a semi going 30+ miles an hour with a wooden wagon weighing like 1/10th its weight.

Assuming the chain doesnt break and assuming the bolt stays inside the dragon under those circumstances youre forgetting that all that momentum they built up will still be going forward and, at best, will drag the cart with them as they continue on slightly hindered and with a flesh wound.

Unless the cart is tethered to the ground itself this plan does nothing but hinder the movement some and get some damage in. It doesnt magically tether the dragon in place

>quietly sneaking between a Drake and a Cyclops because you dont want to deal with that shit right now and feeling smug when you succeed.
How could a game filled with classic fantasy tropes be so based?

How else does one have sex with a dragon if it can't turn itself into a human? Idiot.

Fair enough. I use dragons incredibly sparingly, I consider them very important creatures. So having shapeshifting like that and magical abilities seem right.

You're supposed to kill the monster, dummy. And dragons having sex with a human is meant to be seen as a terrible, depraved act that spawns abominations on par with demonspawn. Especially since most dragons portrayed tend to be male, and them mating with a human would probably kill the human in most horrible and gory fashion.

No taste faggot detected
Real tier lest
>elder god tier
bestial dragons, literal spawn of satan dragons, intelligent but feral predatory dragons, humanity-and-its-existence-are-irreconcilable dragons
>shit tier
all that gay furry pandering shit you just posted

seriously, if you think a non-human apex predator would give any fucks about humans you're a delusional furfag. humans are in a similar position to other life and look at how much we care about other animals ourselves. The deciding factor is if dragons think humans are cute, and a dragon shouldn't want a relationship with a human any more than normal people want to have a sexual relationship with their cat.

Yes you furrylord
Now fuck off to your animes

Because it executes those classic fantasy tropes in the best way possible

but user, a cat is fine too

>see drake
>try to fight it
>turns around and almost 1shots me with the firebreath
>starts flying and i climb on it
>shakes me off and makes me fall
>ded

I do in my setting. Not for magical realm reasons, but to emphasize their nature as living chaos. Their bodies are constantly in flux, and they will change to suit their mood or the situation, like turning more equine in nature to run faster, or felinish as they leap and slink about, becoming more bird like before taking flight, or serpentine while moving about small spaces. Doing shit like just having lots of limbs, or weird, Gaping Dragon maws. They have a disdain for mortal things, so it's incredibly rare for one to ever take the shape of a person

Like a real warrior, with blood, sweat and grunts of exertion as you wrestle against her iron scales and she rakes her brass talons across your back, or you push her thrashing tail aside and laugh as her wings batter your face and chest in her throes of pleasure.

Why even call them dragons if they're not dragons, make your own name and create them as your original thing

Meant for

That'd be the biggest case of hotdog in hallway in recorded history though.

it's nothing he isn't used to. Hell, it's probably more than he ever gets.

Because they still retain the imagery of a dragon, big, scaley, lizardy things, they just don't always keep the shape.

>DM: Sorry, you don't have any means of fucking the dragon.

>dragonfuckers
You all need Jesus

Depends on the size of the dragon, and you can get away with pretty big ones since reptiles don't exactly have large penises for their size.

Dragons aren't reptiles though.

They're snakes with wings and limbs tacked on, reptilian enough.

But her not wanting dragon fug in an important plot point.

Didn't know there was a movie, might have to check that out.

Not dragons that's for sure

Dragons digest cooked meat better.

They could still shake their head like crocs and tear apart prey

>Now fuck off to your animes
Bitch, where do you think we are?

In the board about board games

On the website created by weebs, for weebs.

Yes, and this board was not created for weebs

>this board was not created for weebs

>muh weeb website
yeah, and 4c is still your secret club and moot is some anonymous kid, not a guy in his early 30s with ruined dreams working at google.
Times change user.

Son you're lost.
I'd tell you to go back, but you're already here. So... good luck I guess?

Fair point.
Most of us have at least a little bit of weeb in them somewhere, deep down.
It was never my secret club, but we do have lots of weebs.

newfriend even Veeky Forumsizens are mostly weebs

>even Veeky Forumsizens
>even
Nigga, Danberu is to them what Dungeon Meshi is to Veeky Forums.

thanks for backing up my point. there is no non-weeb board.

this game could have been interesting, dragons, interesting combat, the whole minion system.. But it was like when they were porting it to PC, someone said. Lets completely fuck up the interface and make it totally unplayable.. probably played a couple of hours before I uninstalled it.. possibly a shame..