JumpChain CYOA Thread #2061: The Multiverse's Greatest Criminal Mind Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn (embed)

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Exalted has something for that... Demons developed and use a method to chop a blade through a demon to produce two identical demons, one living and one dead.

Demons being demons, they consider this a delicacy, with some even going as far as only eating their own corpses.

What's the shitposting topic today, gents.

I think if you're going to make it, you should be very aware that it should not just be a grab bag of stuff from each setting. It should be like the smash bros jump, not a jump that lets you easily get the powers of all these different settings.

Ahem.

50 points leftover.

Can you even make a jump from it? Isn't the game really short and doesn't have many mechanics to it?

Mechanicus jump

How about you fuck off and let him make the jump how he wants to.

The Smash Bros jump is just really boring and generic. It's literally 100% game mechanics, when each of the games have their own unique story modes. What I'm saying is, Smash Bros is not a good jump to emulate.

Here's the new WIP for kyuranger. I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to complete it until maybe tomorrow evening for later since I need to prepare for a pathfinder campaign I'm running tomorrow.

>No, they're clones of you so they look like however you looked when you made them.
>Yeah, it'd still enhance your strength a bit.
Alright, thank you. Ended up not going for the Power Armor in the end, but two more things occured to me while finishing my build.

Can I have some of my /inactive/ companions teach at the Super High School?

Also, it makes me sad that taking anything but Glowing or Extra Arms leaves the Sidekick import with 50cp of their power stipend left, without being able to buy anything else.

Anyway, have my build:

Villain (Drop-In) [Free]
>perks:
Super Good Looks [100] Vanity!
Ham and Cheese [Free] Brushing up on my presentation is always good.
Mad Scientist [300] SCIENCE!
>powers: [+100]
Self-Duplication [600] I do like duplication abilities.
>items:
Secret Lair [Free] Sure?
Super High School [600] I'll make my own superschool, with blackjack and hookers! ...Okay, well, maybe not with blackjack and hookers.
>companions:
Sidekicks [Free] Not sure who to import here just yet...
Canon Companion - Penny [100] I'm going to date the entire cheerleading squad. Which is one person, but still.
>drawbacks:
Hormonal [+100] Thaaat's gonna be fun...
Radioactive Zombies [+200] Now, this? This will ACTUALLY be pretty fun.
Archenemy [+300] And I'll have someone to plot against me.

I think I'll actually just go to Sky High, instead of my own school (which I'll keep hidden from now), and allow my host of drawbacks making it a much more exciting year after Homecoming...

Literally, the only game to get a story mode was Brawl. Don't pretend Original, Melee, or Switch had that, buddy.

Are you a ranger trapped in our world? Because that is the only thing I can think of that would let you pump these out.

What are your jumpers' and companions' portfolios, domains, roles, or themes?

Having played it, I'd be amazed if the jump came out and it wasn't just various things from Saya, Fate, DB and so on. The game does have two storylines but they're mostly your usual versus fare and outside of that, it's relatively simple mechanics wise.

I think you could probably get a small jump that doesn't hit the 'grab bag' problem out of it with a lot of effort but you should probably not expect that.

>50 CP

All you needed

Shit, nigga you caught me. I've only ever played Brawl, but I'd still rather have a jump for Subspace Emissary than all those game mechanics. It's not an interesting jump.

DEldar agile spy/seducer
Slav male tank
Canine Berserker
Jumper inventor/Primarch

What are your thoughts on Clover and UberAnon, and that whole mess?

It's still a problem to have a jump that exists just to hand out stuff from existing jumps. How many people do you think would be happy if the smash jump just went around giving all the cool stuff from Bayonetta, zelda, metroid and so on despite those having their own perfectly good jumps? It's like the problems we've been having with crossover fanfics but so much worse.

What god/mythological character did you pick for your reincarnation in "god of highschool"?

Imagine being able to be a giant floating, magical glove? I'd buy that option in an instant.

I'm literally in a doomed spiral of constantly starting over new chains, but Bees and Monsters are almost always represented at some point with those options.

Imagine being able to be a bayonetta witch with a varia suit and meta knights sword, all for cheap and without needing to visit three different jumps.

Does the jump even make any references to Brawl having a story mode? Seems like a shout-out to that would’ve been an appropriate perk.

Does NPB not has its own unique things specific to the setting? Like, Brawl has the Darkness and Subspace and all that shit. You could do things based on whatever makes the crossover possible and the game's unique metaphysics.

To actually answer your question, though, the closest thing we have to that is probably Freddy vs Jason vs Ash and it seemed to turn out fine.

Not answering the question is pretty telling.

I'm not saying making it with options from other jumps is a good idea. I'm saying options for what little lore the game has would be cool.

Also different user.

Because the guy who made the three jumps that draws from also made the crossover jump. Why would there be any problem there when the guy designed it all around that?

That same guy is the one who had this exact problem with Marvel vs Capcom and ended up dropping that claim for this exact reason however.

Nah, secondingthe smash brothers jump goes so far out of its way to avoid including things from invidual settings that smash bros draws from it kind of fails at representing the setting at all.

It's a short game and pretty much all of it's unique story is actually just part of DYN Freaks and Demonbane.

Speaking of Smash Bros, guess which Jump WIP starring a plucky young angel is now ready?! I hope

Nah, I'd rather not encourage more replacement powergrab crossover jumps.

But imagine being a giant, floating, magical glove? Why does representing the actual game mean trying to powergame options from the component games? Metal Mario, Master Hand, Crazy Hand, Subspace Emissary, Smash Bros is more than just game mechanics no matter how obsessed with mechanics the Melee crowd is.

Jesus

What qualifies as a follower, and what qualifies as a companion? What's the difference between the two?

Is there a my hero academy jumpchain

Yes.

yes

Not an argument

Because the example comparison we are discussing has the maker immediately gushing about how much he wants to make it to get something from one of the component games. It was in his very first post, before he put his name on, that he talked about how much he wanted to be an eldritch monster like one of the characters.

I'm not personally fond of the, "make a jump of a crossover only to timidly dance around the fact of it being one" or the "Just use the crossover as an excuse to hand out shit from other settings" approach, not in their extreme forms anyway.

I'm just gonna try my best to find a mostly satisfying middle ground between the two. As I've stated, this will be in the works for a while, I want to take my time to make sure it's as good as I can make it.

I'll say now that I'll drop it the instant I think the jump can't be done. At the current moment, I just believe that it's worth trying at the very least.

None. Followers are just yet another way for /jc/ autists to get around the companion limit "legally."

I put "legally" in quotation marks because this is a fucking single-player game, but they need public and jumpmaker approval to do so for some fucking reason.

It's kind of shit but yes

Yes, here you go user.

Followers don't take up companion slots and may have their own rules regarding how they work.

I mean a middle ground doesn't really exist mate. You're either handing out shit from these component settings or not. And from your posts so far, you appear to be aiming to hand it out willy nilly.

Fuck off, OAA.

It's LITERALLY JUST "Demonbane characters cause a crossover event."

Maybe you should detail some of what you plan for it? You've played the game fully right? Is there enough stuff for you to make the jump without just turning it into a way to avoid having to go to a Fate jump or so that you can get stuff from Saya no Uta without someone making that jump?

Your post is very generic and I think some more clear answers on your intentions would help the situation more.

>What qualifies as a follower, and what qualifies as a companion?
Whatever the jump you got them from says. Companions generally need to be sapient at least though.

>What's the difference between the two?
Followers don't take up companion slot, but on the flipside can't be imported. And may have other rules on how they work, depending on the jump you got them from.

I guess we can count Gene among the anti-OA posters.

Companions are people, and followers are roles. i.e. "my butler Albert, who has a backstory" is a companion and "the butler" is a follower.

I like it.
All the threads with creative quirk marriages were great.
>homing+queen bee= bee gun

The game's story is "Mugen from DYN Freaks is in the process of remaking the last universe and draws together a bunch of fictional characters in the process". That's it. The stuff unique to this game is already the major focus of an existing jump and everything else deserves jumps of their own. Please tell us how this is not going to be the grab bag?

Followers don't count as companions for the sake of companion limits, meaning you can have as many out as you want, but don't get the benefits of a companion such as being applicable for imports. Other rules may vary, but that's the basic difference. You can have more active followers, but companions are just going to be stronger and more useful in the long run.

Ey, fuck you too compadre.

Sorry to bug you with my boring questions just as you appear, but can you answer them?

For Eternal Topless can we choose what our form looks like or is it going to be looking like Exelio in the end? Kinda like the idea of an all devouring space dragon.

If we do not go Topless but pick Eternal Topless do we still get everything it says, or will we be missing something essential?

Resposting cause I didn't get any answers last thread.

What are the best Trickery and Tomfoolery perks? I need them in order to out-maneuver the Ebon Dragon, and bring him down in one Coup De Grace.

>Ey, fuck you too compadre.
Not him, but
>Where is my fucking AfO quirk

>Yorokonde - Dual!Jumper
Music, Friendship, Wonder. He's more or less the leader of the little group, if only be default. The others rely on him to recognize the worlds they visit when he can, as they all seem to come from those of his home universe.

>Katia
Alchemy, Monsters, Magic. She's the second in command when it comes to combat situations, but rarely uses even a fraction of her real power.

>Bea
Common Sense, Forgiveness, Curiosity. Usually the one to keep everyone from going completely off the rails and doing something stupid. Has shown a remarkable talent for Gem Magi-Science as of late. Often prefers support roles like healer.

>Hrist
Loyalty, Stubbornness, Faith. The dependable mountain that can be leaned on without worrying about judgement. She's technically the group's muscle, but she only uses it when she absolutely has to.

>Peridot
Science, Innovation, Knowledge. The mad scientist who doesn't really care if what she's playing with is actually science or magic. Usually doesn't stop to ask why before she builds things. Sometimes doesn't even stop to ask how before trying. More dependable than she seems and very sweet beneath the layer of ham.

None of us are Gods, but I included their Domains anyways.

Except a crossover is derivative by its very nature. Asking for it not to include anything from the individual settings that make it up is both retarded and interjump balance if it's because jumps for those settings exist. Better to not have the jump at all.

The IP is Deathblight.

I really like the quirk combos too, especially the ones I'd have never thought up myself.

Never!

Anything that:
1) Is sentient,
2) You can buy with CP (individually, in bulk, or as a side bonus in a purchase),
3) Isn't described as a Companion and isn't in the Companion section.

They're basically treated as Items. You can bring them into the Jump as many as you want, but you can't import them without turning them into Companions (and thus applying the [8+number of Pods] Companions limit to them), though it's sometimes fanwanked that any Follower is eligible to become a Companion that way.

Other than an off-hand joke about Saya, I haven't really mentioned anything one way or the other about my plans. Truth be told, I don't have any plans at all, this was a totally spur of the moment decision. I'll take another look through the story mode and see if there's anything I can do with it, if there is, I'll stick to my guns and at least attempt a jump, if there isn't I'll drop it and leave it at that.

Sure thing.

You can generally choose but it should have a similar aesthetic to the space monsters. You can't just look like a normal person but if you wanna be some crazy space monster dragon, that sounds awesomely okay to me.

You'll still get everything it says but you'll lack all the knowledge/training the topless origin gets and your powers will way more blunt and less refined without a bunch of training. You'll be able to do the massive blasts and space warping the option describes but it might take you a while to get down manipulating and controlling a buster machine.

>Never!
You should imitate your girlfriend in that aspect. And you said that you were going to put in the jump when you while you were making it, before you suddenly decided to drop it for no reason

So you're going into this without a plan at all and are so unprepared you can't even give hints. What people are telling you is that the story doesn't have anything unique because the only unique thing to this game was Mugen, who was being advertised here for her own series in DYN Freaks.

Can I quirk marriage black hole with headlights to either

1, shoot blackholes out of my eyes
2, turn my eyes into black holes while I can still see

Or maybe

3, make black hole beams from my eyes?

valeria? more like... valardia

Red dint do nuffin!

More like vamerdia.

OAA giving us a decent WoW jump

Alright thanks for the help Val.

Things are going to get weird now...well weirder anyway.

Whats the best jump for becoming a War Robot?

Yeah I don't get it.

Anytime.

Va-lard-ia. You are a fatass.

Warframe is one of the best in my opinion.

Well, I didn't, but if I had I was thinking Shiva. Shiva's cool.

Huh. Eh, not as good sounding without the er in the middle.

Also, preferably ones where you can design your body. That's all.

Yes, more or less. I'm not saying any of these were good decisions, but that is indeed a factual summery of the events that have led to this point.

Yeah, I won't deny that it was beyond immature to make a claim at this point, but I'd still rather see it with my own eyes before I decide to give up or not. I've seen the story mode myself, but that doesn't mean I was paying attention, hence why I need to look it over again.

>discussing wether we should even bother making up perks and items for other backgrounds, when we fully know each and every person on /jc will only chose the one specific background that is the only reason the jump exists in the first place

I agree

nubee? more like... nubee-otch

Diebuster.

>>Mother goddess
Are they temporary? Permanent? Angels or monsters? How many can you create at one time?

>>Evolve
The description is much too video-gamey. I get the intent, but I can't see how it works.

I meant to say premature, but I guess immature is also applicable in this situation.

Weird. Could've sworn the file had the Japanese name.

I just think you're being unnecessarily stubborn at something so very clear cut. The game won't reveal some unknown magic plot that lets you make it. You need a significant amount of content for the jump and there's almost nothing in the game that isn't done by another jump.

Yeah, Boku no Pico Academia.

Okay.
I'm on board. It's about Fate/ levels in terms of lewd and you can have the jump built without the lewd. Go for it, my man.

You should learn when to give up. I'm never adding it. That's probably because I had no idea what My Hero Academia was about before I picked up the Jump and began reading it. Of course I'm going to change my mind about some things once I actually knew what I was doing, that's why more than half of the original WIP Quirks were thrown out.

I think 2 or 3 are most likely given headlights works as a constant effect toggled off and on rather than in bursts like 1 would imply.

I'll come over there and bop you one. . .an. . .a-nonce.

I feel like you're not the only one feeling like it might have been different at some point.

There are some great perks in Sherlock Holmes, that let you be a master strategist, make other masterplanners less effective, become smarter if your opponent in a battle of the minds is smarter than you....

More like Vedalia
I mean with the way she makes you all cry so much and all...

>Mother Goddess
They were supposed to be permanent. If that seems too strong I may limit how quickly they can be produced.
>Evolve
Hmm, I'll try to make that fit better then

Is it Val-ee-ria? Or is it Val-air-ia?

yes

>They were supposed to be permanent. If that seems too strong I may limit how quickly they can be produced.
Not him, but could you answer the two other questions too?