How would one go about making a rogue modron character, specifically a Quadrone? What are your thoughts Veeky Forums?

How would one go about making a rogue modron character, specifically a Quadrone? What are your thoughts Veeky Forums?

Well, you'd have an inherent advantage in combat against most other rogues, since they'll be susceptible to your sneak attacks, while you, lacking a discernible anatomy, would be immune to theirs.

fpbp

Hadn’t thought about this, cheers user.

Remember that rogue modrons are only rogue by the standards of other modrons. They can do things like practice hobbies and acknowledge the existence of people other than their immediate superiors and inferiors, and to most modrons this makes them absolute lunatics who must be exiled. By the standards of every other race, rogue modrons still live ludicrously ordered lives.

I was thinking this as well, despite defects the alignment would certainly remain Lawful.

Logical bump

THIS IS NOW A SUPERIOR WARFORGED THREAD

checked
Also, Modrons' programming sometimes fucks up when they are created and they become chaotic instead of loyal, which leads to them being executed or chased out of their realm.

You could go and make one of those as a PC but it would be pretty annoying since it would mean he would be as dedicated to not following any kind of rules ever as his fellow modrons are to respecting them at all costs.

> rogue modron character, specifically a Quadrone
Rogue Modrons aren't any specific breed of Modron. When a Modron goes Rogue, they all transform into a single physical variety that's shared in common between all Rogue Modrons.

>opens pic
>where are the eyes?
>finds eyes
>JesusChrist.tapestry

Source? Not saying you're wrong, I've just never heard of this. A pic of the Rogue form would also be neat

Have two (you)s, my pc has downs

But user, that pic right there looks like a rogue Quadrone to me. As the other asked, some sauce would be nice. Not trying to contest, only understand.

Just play Nordom, like every rogue modron player

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Mighty modron memes

magnificent modron maymays

Most rogue modrons look like quadrones (as per the description in the planeswalker's handbook)

In The Great Modron March you can in fact run into a rogue decaton of who it's said: "The strength of it's belief [that it hasn't gone rogue] is enough to hold it in decaton form (rather than taking the quadrone shape of most rogues), but back on Mechanus it's already been replaced in the modron heirarchy."

No, it isn't. Warforged are the worst "race" in existence, sharing that spot with the Goliaths. "Dude robots lmao" to the latter's "dude big dudes lmao". Eberron js a shit setting and you should feel bad for liking it.

>Can't come up with a single criticism
>Just describes them and asserts they're shit

When are Modrons becoming the new meme

>dude big dudes lmao
*big guys

hold on, I'll ask a monodrone, then he can ask a duodrone, then HE can ask...

>Not using the objectively superior Modrons

>Not using both.

That's a cute modron

I played a Modron ranger in a Sigil campaign once, it was a lot of fun. Wen't around treating everything like an equation and everything in the world as a variable. Learned as much about things as I could, including learning sigilspeak.

I started off speaking mostly as a robotic thing, wrote a list of sayings I would use for everyday actions like "moving to this area" would be "increasing locomotion variables" or somesuch. Eventually these phrases became natural and I didn't use a list at all, then sigil speak started coming in and I'd be saying things like:
(in a robotic voice with Sigilspeak in a different intonation) "this equation is BARMY, this unit will attempt to re-balance variables, CUTTER)

pic related.

He has to have "FUCK THE INEVITABLE!" Spray painted on his head.

>create race of pure lawfulness
>make them ugly, unsymmetrical and retarded
>don't make them magical robot knights or clockwork knights
Literally why?

They often are symmetrical.

Of course, originally they started off as platonic solids, but then 2e made them mechanical/flesh hybrids. So they've got the clockwork bit down.

Of course, if you want the clockwork humanoid bit more, there's always the Inevitables.

Here's the real question: how would Modrons be run as the antagonists of a campaign? How would you stat them as you got to the REALLY high level dromes?

I think you have to look at their specific purposes and stat them based on that, for example decatons are mostly support and repairs and likely wouldnt have great attacking capabilities because that is not their purpose. Make sure to start having massive leaps in power once you start getting closer to primus. Even a hexton should be incredibly formidable as there can only ever be 6^2 in existence at any given time.