JumpChain CYOA Thread #2062: Tales of the Last Jumper

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn (embed)

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/qg7LmtEi
youtube.com/watch?v=l-ml_2yEpI8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Was looking into a zelda mini-chain. Do we really only have four (generic, minish, wind waker, breath) zelda jumps?

No, wait. Five when hyrule warriors finishes.

But really, that few?

Makes that shitstorm back in the day seem barely worth it, huh?

That's quite a few for one series.

pastebin.com/qg7LmtEi

Just a reminder that I'm working on this literal war in the trenches. Current plan is:
>Homeworlds are backgrounds and come with freebie perks thematic to them. Not sure if I'm including the option to buy the other bonuses or not. Probably 100-200 a pop if so.
>Going to be covering most if not all of the playable specialties in Only War. Because I'm not insane, it's going to be 1/2/4/6 a piece in terms of perks.
>Big equipment list.
>Regiment designer - though you're part of the regiment, not in charge of it.
>VIP-based perks and more unique equipment will be in Part 2, where you're in command of your own Regiment/Crusade and have a win condition. Might be something of a mini-scenario where you get more points depending on the difficulty - 0 points for a cushy no-action assigment, a metric fuckton for ground zero Armageddon or Cadia. Will probably have the vampire perk tree format, or a huge list with pickable discounts.
>Yes there will be options to have/be part of an Abhuman Regiment. Including Felinids.
>Do not expect this to be done in a day. Conversely, Chrono Cross should be done before February is over. And if I am lying, then may my face be eaten by Tyranids.

I dunno, I wasn't here for it. I was just trying to buy the master sword, but not at BotW's 800 cp price-tag.

Hilariously, I don't think the others offer it. Minish has the four sword, Generic has 'evils bane', but that's an upgrade to another weapon. Wind waker has 'unmastered sword', which is... Situationally useful, and this isn't it.

How did it take us four zelda jumps to finally offer the master sword?

>vampire perk tree format
Wot da zog iz dat?

Isn't that the only jump that lets you be Link? So kinda makes sense that its' the only one that lets you get the master sword.

>Wot da zog iz dat?
I'm going to eat your points like spaghetti.

Or at least make a lot of perks.

No, Minish Cap does, too. But that one has the Four Sword, so...

It's pretty unappealing to be calling your own stuff cp vampires.

Yeah well

You're a text box.

>inb4 Zelda CD-i jump

CP vampires are the best. If I have so much CP that I don't have to make any difficult choices... well the jumpdoc could have been better.

Not even close. Minish cap does, Wind waker does, and BotW does as well.

The only one that doesn't is Warriors, which isn't out yet, and the generic.

But yeah. Why can't i have the damn sword.

They are good but calling your own work a CP Vampire smells a bit too much of self praising and egotism for my liking.

Why don't you just get the sword in jump you lazy spoilt brat?

Personally I think there's a limit. There's such a thing as too many options, and I think you've hit that at about 50 pages.

Important question about these vampires
Is it cheese pizza they're sucking or....

Because you don't want it. Remember, Fi's in there. Do you really want to be stuck with Fi?

>self praising and egotism

What Jumpmaker doesn't fall into that these days.

What you say is true.
I'd mistaken the previous comment for some one complaining about jumps where they culd not buy everything they might want.

Because 800 cp.

And i'm still thinking about a zelda minichain, and waiting 4 to 5 jumps to pick up the settings signature weapons is just ugh.

...Is this another HEY LISTEN thing?

It's more like shouting at a calculator that talks

The ones who hate themselves, of course! You either get an inflated ego, or one so deflated and crushed it makes flounders resemble dirigibles.

...of course, considering where we are, the standards of what counts as "egotism" may be a bit skewed towards "having any positive self-esteem whatsoever."

Those homeworld perks. . . will there be an option to buy the ones from worlds we didn't choose?

They don't suck. They scrape and lick.

Dude just fucking grab it in world. You know you are actually going to these jumps and entering the settings?

>He wants cringing crowd pleasers for jumpwriters

SWORDS WITH PROPHECIES ATTACHED TEND TO BE BUGGY MOTHERFUCKERS

I noted in the greentext that I'm not sure if I'm making that a thing or not - I'll be waiting until the other perks are done before I decide on it. If it becomes an option, it's going to be 100-200 a pop depending on how expansive the jump is.
Maybe it's just because I'm half-asleep but I have no idea what's happening here

Turn Fanfics into jumps?
Well, lets see:
Rwby : Roman Torchwick: Thief Class
Playing Our Roles
Professor Arc
Pokemon: Ashes of the Past
Sign of Times
Traveler
Pokemon: Better, Faster, Stronger, Wiser
Fire Before Ashes
A Child of Two Worlds
Ash's Pokemon Journey
Starting in Shinnoh
Shinnoh Revamped
A Boy and his Cat
Fighting Alone
The Rogue
Slow Down a New Beginning
The Child of Mew
The Black Latios
The Lost Chronicles of Giovanni
Ash Pokemon Trainer and Coordinator
Starting Things Differently
Child of Zoroak
Pokemon: A New Evolution
Team Rocket Truimphs
Ash's Journey! with his Mom?
Yu-Gi-Oh: Zexal: The Ice Queen Cometh!
5ds: Six Singers
Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds! Rewriting the Future
Gx: State of the Meta
Yugioh Gx! Duel Academy Stories
Ranma: Ranma, the Second Time Around
Oni OneHalf
Naruto: Alternate Universe!
Orange Smile
Kushina's fake twin(plot bunny, two parts)
Spirit of the Triage
One Piece: To Protect Everything
This Bites!
The Will of D!
Baroque
One Punch: The Strongest Hero
King, The World's Strongest Hero AND Gamer
Akame Ga Kill: Unhealthy Obession
Akame Ga Kiru: Alliance

To be continued...........

>Idiot thinks there is no middle ground between egotism and total submission
Just...don't call your jump a cp vampire, especially before it's even done? If you really feel that way, let everyone else say it for you.

Quick (but long overdue) hotfix for time-extensions in 40k Imperium, will probably do a pass of tweaks before uploading to drive (namely re-doing formatting)

Preferably with huge tracts of land.

You can literally replace link in several of the zelda jumps. Why are you being so stupid about this?

Fi only ever talks in Skyward Sword and Hyrule Warriors, and she's actually okay in the latter, with the worst part of the former being that she's the tutorial fairy. And also a robot. A magic robot. A magic sword robot. Which sounds cool on paper, and kind of works, but can also be somewhat annoying.

Something about death

I dont know either

Let it die.
A chain is fan fiction.
This is like a documentary about a documentary.
Only not ironically.

Not me. My humbleness is matched only my quick wit, grace, and charm, as well as a number of other good qualities I possess.

Okay, seriously. 'Vampire' is just my nickname for the 1/1/2/2/4/4/6/6 format. I have no idea if it's actually going to be true in terms of people making builds because it doesn't exist yet.

Wasn't meant to be a boast, that's just how I refer to the overly-huge trees I make now and then. Don't worry about it.
Nice! Thanks, Kanons.
We both don't know. Let us not know together, friend

>Let it Die
Death when?

And crossovers:
The Fist of Remnant-One Punch/Rwby
Where's the supermarket in this imperial city?-Akame Ga Kill/One Punch
One Punch-Gamer-Sword Art Online/One Punch
The King Across Worlds-Many crossovers
The Wayward Champion-Naruto/Pokemon
Bending Destiny-Fairy Tail/ One Piece
Rebirth of the Straw Hat-RWBY/One Piece
Remnant's Eternal Pirate-RWBY/One Piece
Ranma of the Shield-Shield Hero/Ranma
One Punch Pirate!-One Punch/One Piece
The Bjiu Bjiu Fruit-Naruto/One Piece
A Real Family-Naruto, Pokemon, One Piece
The Devil's Fruit-One Piece/Naruto
Sound of a Jinchuuriki-One Piece/Naruto
It's Not a Devil Fruit-Pokemon/One Piece
Naruto the Ultimate Logia User-Naruto/One Piece
Naruto the Apprentice of the Fairy Queen-Naruto/One Piece
Remnant's Phantom Thieves-RWBY/ Persona 5
The Master- Fairy Tail/Naruto
The First Ever Shamanic Ninja!-Naruto/Shaman King
To be continued.........
These are good fanfics(at least the concept is)

Don't be so hard on yourself.
At time you are slightly charming.

Man, the humbleness is just pouring off of you.

I just got tired of her explaining puzzles to me and ruining the fun. I already figured out I need to shoot the time stone through the grate on the ceiling, Fi! I can solve it by myself, you don't have to hold my hand all the time. You don't even have hands.

Why are so many of these One Punch Man and One Piece crossovers.

Is there something I should know.

>>Idiot thinks there is no middle ground between egotism and total submission

When it comes to /jc/ and the community? There isn't.
You either get such a fat head as to be able to blow off every person who comes at you, name or user.
Or you grovel so hard as to be considered too pathetic to be worth shitposting or harassing.

That's not overly huge though. Overly huge is something like Dies Irae where you have 1/1/1/1/1/1/1/2/2/2/2/2/2/2/4/4/4/4/4/4/4/6/6/6/6/6/6/6 trees. Just having two perk lines is pretty normal these days and definitely doesn't feel worth 'vampire' as a name.

He really is the best Sifu

I didn't even realize to be honest. There are more fanfics I like, but One punch was always kinda funny and One piece, well there are many crossovers dealing with it.

Wouldn't it be better to have some sort of supplement for blending two jumps so you could recreate (or better create) any crossover you had a notion to?

And a master tactician, look at this flawless strategy

I have made many bone-headed decisions in jumpmaking, one day I hope I can look back and say that they have all been rectified

>Professor Arc

I only recognize this one. I liked it, even though I'm not a fan of RWBY.

I'm convinced he's a Sidereal.

Yeah, I can see that. She shows up less in Pro mode, if I remember right, though you can only switch to that after you get the green tunic.

Can you make it not shit while you're at it?

Maybe? But, that would leave out specific fun stuff.
It's funny. He got into a worse situation.

Man. Fanfic jumps are kinda fun since it's crazy.
Ex: One fanfic about Pokemon, ash is forced to travel with his mom. (Opportunity to make fun of him like crazy).

Can you be not vague while you're at it?

>Jumper switches on his teaching perks

Turns out giving him a relic glove basically makes him a nigh unstoppable fuckhouse, if XDU counts for anything canon.

God forbid you actually add anything onto him like Cosmo or Ultra Intinct

like I said, pass of changes after this

All Guardsmen Party 0cp drawback maybe?

I feel like almost every fanfic people have suggested so far wouldn't really be that different from the existing jumps anyway.

hmmm...for anyone that's familiar with them, how would The Infinite Loops work as a fanfic jump?

Granted many jumpers are far past the point of Sakura syndrome...

>Ultra Instinct
Keep an eye out during Touhou, by the way.
youtube.com/watch?v=l-ml_2yEpI8

I would but I do really mean it's terrible on every conceivable level.

To be more specific do look at writing some better fluff and adjusting the completely nonsensical prices. A LOT of new items would be good too. Some of the package deals don't need to be that way.

>Maybe?
I think it could be done.
If I were more conversant in fanfics in general, I'd take up the challenge to make an awesome fanfictor/blender jump machine.

Woah. Damn. Good Point. How about this, it's like a dice roll? So, each year, you're sent to a different world? or something, but everything is randomized. You can't pick what world?(is it dimension or universe, etc.)

That's sorta The Problem isnt it and why I'm not a fan of the NanohaRWBY one we have

alright

Who made the Danny Phantom jump?

It would have to be dependent on the jump, then you would have to include the every single existing world, and soon to created.
The World Longest Jump!

Well for a start...

Space marines must pay to have no fear.
Change 'citizen' to 'ecclesiarch' and their 3 perks actual fit the background.
Tech-priests, which hate AI, get a perk to make AIs.

WakfuAnon.
Yes, we're aware. It's garbage.

The only reason why I’m not opposed to the Hazredous Interruptions jump is because it actually allows for the creation of ones own semblance. Last I checked the original only had a few premade to choose from.

Ah, nevermind then.

Could Emiya successfully copy a Daemon Weapon? I don't need him shooting one at me.

She does, actually. It’s just the fuckhuge sleeves look otherwise.

>"What are you doing here Ganon?" Link said gruffly.
>"Why I am here for the contest."
>"Wahhhhaa?" said Tingle and Malon.
>"Yes I am taking part. I am going to win the world pot smashing medal and there's nothing you pathetic people can do to stop me! "
>With that Ganon marched off.

Well, fanfic jumps add things that normally wouldn't exist in the regular jumps. (Cool)

Nah, its pretty formulaic.
The original jump docs will provide the bricks
The chainwriter can provide the mortar
the supplement would contain the tools to make them come together in a usable manner

I know this doesn't answer your question, but hot damn this artist or whoever commisioned has GOAT taste.

World of Darkness question, particularly for those knowledgeable on the Vampire books.

How difficult would it be if somebody wanted to take the vampire Disciplines, and convert them into something not reliant on blood and a heritage of Cain?

Impossible without perks to make it possible. Disciplines work by the power of your vitae, you can't just use gnosis or mana to power disciplines all of a sudden.

Using only in setting resources, or taking jumper shortcuts?

>Ganondorf trying to take Link on in pot smashing
I actually feel bad for him. Poor guy.

Why not just limit the CP it gives without the new drawback? Is there something wrong with people staying there for a long time?

>Impossible without perks to make it possible.
I figured, but just wanted confirmation.

>Disciplines work by the power of your vitae
Shit. So what I need to do is figure out how to replace "vitae" with something else.

Used to be with the former, now I'm guessing I'll need the latter.

Actually, it might be better as something like the universal drawback supplement.

You go into a jump as normal, but one or more of the characters are looping and more powerful than you expect, with out-of-setting powers. Add points if only a extra-powerful villain is looping, so the main characters need help to survive. Or a protagonist is currently having a bad century and getting in your way, but he's the anchor, so you can't kill him or it's a loss condition.

Or you replace the anchor like some loopers do, and must resolve the plot on their behalf. Or belldandy and the other admins know you're an outside element, lock down your powers and otherwise mess with you.

Or yeah, every year the setting resets and things get randomized with new characters and crossovers.

I'm...pretty sure there are a couple perks that allow abilities to draw on different sources of energy. But even then, at the very least I'd think you'd need a deep understanding of vampire powers before you could move them to a different 'system.'

I feel like either of the relevant authors have already answered this.

Daemon weapons are not just weapons, they're bound daemons. So, no, he can't project a daemon weapon.
Even his ability to project a chaos weapon is questionable, given that they are fundamentally divinely blessed weapons.

Already confused. The supplement wouldn't be able to provide specific things.

Might want to remove the "endgame scenario coming soon" note

On a more serious note, the bit about needing to buy or already have psyker to make use of other navigator powers seems a bit off relative to my understanding of the lore. I admit, I don't have strongest 40k lore-fu, but aren't navigators who are also otherwise psykers a thing that flat out don't exist? So _requiring_ being a psyker to gain access to the other navigator abilities seems off.

Maybe instead add a sub purchase available to navigator to open those up?

No? To the Stars (Madoka fanfic) is a space opera, with some themes reminiscent of Old Man's War, for instance. (or is that one of the reasons you said "almost"?)

Given what the Hypnos T Tyrant turned into is it a bad idea to take the Hypnos Gene perk in Resident Evil?