How do you justify using inferior rounded-edged dice, user?

How do you justify using inferior rounded-edged dice, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BJ-A5Ec-Ybs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I justify it by not caring about the exact distribution of outcomes from rolling my dice as long as they are somewhat ok.

They are random enough for the games I play. Besides I like the dice I have, they are pretty. You can take your ugly Game Science dice and shove them up your wrinkly ass.

Holy fuck, is this guy still going around?

Glad I got to meet this ol boy back in the day. The new guy running the shop is cool and all, just feel like I did something special when I met him years back before he apparently became a meme.

And yeah, the dice are spiffy.

whats the differrence? I don't really care what dice im using as long as they are quality dice.

And here are my old timers. At 31 these guys are older than a significant portion of Veeky Forums's userbase.

>apparently became a meme.
youtube.com/watch?v=BJ-A5Ec-Ybs

Have you seen his video? Everything he says is both cringy and yet charming.

How do you justify repeating stale bait, OP?

Boredom mostly.

Hey user, I just want to say that I love you man. It gets better, it really does. You know what, you like Traditional Games, and that's enough for me. You're awesome. Have a great day.
Also, have some confidence, you can do the thing! I know you can!

Oh yeah, I've seen the videos. I've been to the actual shop. I live about an hour and a half away. Me and the wife went there together about 3 months ago for new dice for the crew. Great shop, people, and I wanted an 'old school' experience for the newbies of the group.

Did get called a cunt for making them crayon in the numbers, though.

Newfag here

Why does this guy keep getting posted?

He makes Gamescience Dice. The most random dice ever and as a result has become a bit of a meme.

So is his product legit and he's just a cringy guy or is he a straight up meme?

Product is legit to a point. Frankly I'm not convinced that a d20 being slightly out of balance would bias its results unless it's a spin-down die. d6's on the other hand are proven to be affected significantly by imbalance. Those tiny wargaming d6's with round edges and material removed from the dots roll 1 up to twice as often as they should.

My guess is it's Dan Harmond level. He's cringey, but on a scale of molehill to mountain, he's about a hill. Veeky Forums just blows it out of proportion, like always.

Because, after getting coaxed into trying World of Darkness a few times, I'm sick of edginess in my games.

Only twenty, twelve, and ten sided dice made in the standard manner are ever flawed enough to be noticeably or unusabley unfair, and even then it's only one in ten or twenty of those types of dice that are too flawed. If you buy Gamescience dice, which are made by injection molding, none will be noticeably unfair once you've sanded off the injection nub. That's what you're paying for, but they are not the best dice. The best dice are made by machining metal or stone and will cost $75 - $120.

I think it is more the fags that hype his shit than anything. They became the meme and then Zocchi became the face of the meme.

The dice are absolutely legit. The guy is a bit of fanatic and autist about it though.

I got some chessex dice.

Should I buy into the gamescience meme?

The dice are good. They're dice, and they have sharp edges as advertised. The gem dice look good and have a 'luster' to them that normal gem dice don't have. I don't know if they're magically more random than chessex or koplow dice though.

He's cringy, yes. But he also comes off as an adorable grandpa type.

>But
What grandparent isn't cringy as fuck?

Paint your dice goys!

Hara-kiri. It's safe and effective, and I highly recommend it for OP

>Hara-kiri.
>safe and effective

You sound like someone who uses Q-Workshop dice.

I don't. I honestly enjoy the three GameScience sets I have.

However, that pic of the 'Zocchihedron' on his shirt got me triggered. I own one and it's the shittiest designed piece of gaming equipment ever. It doesn't fucking roll properly, it just... wobbles. It's also fairly fragile and is noisy as fuck to carry around.
I do use it for Psychic Phenomena / Perils of the Warp type tables just to fuck with my players.

I can't so I buy my wonderful sharp die.

They are my beautiful children and I love them

I've been using the tiny chessex d6s that come in packs of 36 for W40K for a few months now, and they are absolutely shit. 1s way more often than reasonable, like you said.

Got some of the Dark Angels faction dice today, and they all have nice sharp edges and I felt like my dudes were 10x as competent because I didn't keep rolling 1s. I can't believe what a difference I feel even after just 2 games.

>Frankly I'm not convinced that a d20 being slightly out of balance would bias its results unless it's a spin-down die.

cause I got 100 of the fuckers for £3

>dat dip on 14
I never undestood why the old prick never bothered to remove that stray bit of plastic.

The gamescience dice I've gotten are often blemished or distorted, you have to deal with the sprue, and they're generally too light for my taste. With that said, the standard, tumbled dice seem to be pretty flawed, so it's an alternative. Really, I'm not sure that Zocchi hasn't figured out a way to market cheap, untumbled dice, but the spin about the flaws of regular dice really isn't spin at all.

>Frankly I'm not convinced that a d20 being slightly out of balance would bias its results unless it's a spin-down die.
You'd think that, but hear me out on this purely anecdotical story:
Last week, my group played for three and a half days straight. I wanted to take a break from GMing, so a buddy slapped together a game of DnD. I'm not superstitious in the slightest and I'm usually staunchly against overstating dice bias.
So since we never play DnD, I just used three clear D20 with visible bubbles I grabbed from the random dice bin to use as counters at some point. I rolled like complete shit. I got really wary and started keep track. My two most rolled numbers were 20 and twice as many 1s. Other than that it was 2-9 only. Very few 10-12, and never once 13-19.
After two days I broke and switched to a clear set of Chessex I got at some point and my rolls completely normalized to regular shitty D20 rolls.

Without seeing a picture of it, it's hard to know how egregious it was. Some sprues are just a tiny blip, and others are pretty prodigious. Also, there are some where the surface is a bit bubbled out, even after you remove the sprue.

user have you ever considered re painting your dice?

da'www I'm 26
Those things are as old as my boyfren though

None of my Chessex dice are translucent, and almost all of them failed the float test, but at some point, I'd like to collect data on one of the ones that passed, to see what it's distribution looks like. It's just that rolling dice thousands of times and recording the results gets really fucking boring.

>Those things are as old as my boyfren though
I've still got a few that are somewhere around 35 years old, though it's been a long time since I've used them. Once they get the crumbly edges, they aren't very good randomizers anymore. Also, the d20s are tiny.

>not using a phone app for all dice rolling

you old timers are disgusting

user, we don't allow phones at the gaming table.

Or women.

More aerodynamic

>Using your phone at the table
Your turn gets skipped until you pay some fucking attention

GIVE ME A REFUND ON MY 14.00 YOU OLD FUCK